Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Vash.2386 said:If I create a new ftp account today will I be able to use the heroic code to update it to a core account or will it be banned?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:It would only be banned if you created many, many accounts with KFT codes. One account won't be banned. The instructions even direct you to create a P4F account to use the code.

Since they've fixed it to be one set of codes per e-mail/account; it's fine now.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:I already have my outfit, so this is not about being grumpy. I just want to say this:

Everything that is being offered through
means for a popular
game shouldn't be restricted to one region. You either include all your customers or you don't make it available
but only on location.

It was a joint promotion with a company that is
not
online and has
physical locations
they wanted to draw attention to.

Have you actually read this thread at all, have you actually looked at what the whole issues are based around.. if you have, then how in the world did you come up with that statement?Of course they are online, there app has been available for well over a year, they have run numerous online and app based promo's and to top it all off why have ANET come out on at least three occasions in this thread alone and said go to the KFT website to get answers to the issues and why would they want social media permissions... why do they have a reward system online and via the app... hmmm maybe go take an actual look.

Please enlighten me as to how I can purchase, receive, and drink a tea from them over the internet.

This may come as a surprise to you, but in their online store they sell hats and other stuff... so yeah, you can order stuff online from them.

@Tsar CUBE.9281 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:I already have my outfit, so this is not about being grumpy. I just want to say this:

means for a popular
game shouldn't be restricted to one region. You either include all your customers or you don't make it available
but only on location.

not
online and has
physical locations

Have you actually read this thread at all, have you actually looked at what the whole issues are based around.. if you have, then how in the world did you come up with that statement?Of course they are online, there app has been available for well over a year, they have run numerous online and app based promo's and to top it all off why have ANET come out on at least three occasions in this thread alone and said go to the KFT website to get answers to the issues and why would they want social media permissions... why do they have a reward system online and via the app... hmmm maybe go take an actual look.

Please enlighten me as to how I can purchase, receive, and drink a tea from them over the internet.

This may come as a surprise to you, but in their online store they sell hats and other stuff... so yeah, you can order stuff online from them.

Well apparently according tho the guy you quote since you cant order it outside of the us of a its not online witch I find rather silly tbh.

Hmm. I'm feeling very iffy about going through the hoops to get that tshirt outfit (I do qualify, I'm a US resident, so the 'hoops' would involve downloading a lot of apps and linking them). I have resisted creating social media accounts for years and am not terribly pleased with the reports of the new accounts getting hacked right after linking to KFT.

So I'll ask, does anyone have a spare tshirt code they feel like tossing my way? One legitimately obtained but excess to your needs? I'd be quite grateful, and happy to help with in-game PVE needs you might have (HP unlocks, finding mastery points, LS assistance, that sort of thing).

@"Deimos.4263" said:I'm sorry but this "solution" just plain isn't good enough.

I'm not in the USA. I have plenty of American friends that could get me a code, and have offered to do so. I'm quite tech savvy enough to spoof my location and you'd never know. But I'm not a liar, or a cheat. I wish this company could say the same.

But you know what? I no longer want the kitten t-shirt with your logo on it. You've lost a customer today, because I won't be treated like a second-class person because of my location. You could have fixed this, easily, and you chose not to do so. So say goodbye to $150 USD in revenue I fork over each and every week. I'm not leaving the game but I'm done giving you my money.

Yep. At this moment, marketing at ANET really needs to evaluate their decisions that impact their entire customer base.

This entire Kung fu promotion really has Upset me , even as American consumer that was able to obtain the codes. This incident has definitely made me stop any immediate gem purchases and potentially much longer than that.

Players have every right to be mad, and the way this event was handled was awful and not well thought out or planned.

The removal of titles in PvP from the Leaderboard, when holding a top 250 spot, is just another example of a bad decision by marketing that impacts PvP players. The right solution would be banning more hackers or win traders that are ruining what's left of the PvP player base. Removing the best incentive to keep players competive without replacing the current system with something else; is another poor decision made with little consideration of the impact it will have on the dedicated PvP community.

@Linken.6345 said:

means for a popular
but only on location.

not
online and has
physical locations

Well apparently according tho the guy you quote since you cant order it outside of the us of a its not online witch I find rather silly tbh.

But I can order it from outside US... I just have to have it delivered to US address! Heck I can even order their tea from outside US probably and have it delivered to a friend's house that lives in US. SO despite me not being in US I can thus still be a customer and THUS, that guy's point is completely invalidated! :D

I do believe that my thoughts have been already voiced but I still wanted to voice them myself directly to the team. I love this game, I play it daily and have been active since early access. I am deeply disappointed that players from Canada (and any other country for that matter) are not eligible for this promotion. Yes, players from the USA make up a large population of this game, however, those of us classified as International, make up the majority of the population and this is simply unfair to us. You built this game on equity and access and it is very disappointing that you offer a great promotion like this and restrict it based on geographic location.

Alienating your non-USA player base is a very poor marketing and business decision.

@gebrechen.5643 said:This is just sad. Tried to get the outfit, won't because not American. Worst thing that it took you four weeks to acknowledge that it is NA only and many people all over the world linked their accounts to that crap app.

Really disappointed in Anet.

It was acknowledged a while back, it didn't take four weeks for them to let people know it was meant to be US only.

Now i'm genuinely scared about my account because of that promotion.A lot of people have been reporting getting themselves and/or their family's account banned today because they used a codes from this promotion.I got my code the second day of the promotion, but I'm not in USA and seeing the hostility of American toward Canada and Europe in the recent months and the report of people being banned, makes me fear anet is currently on the hunt for every non-USA who participated in this promotion, even if it was advertised and accessible to everyone before the terms changed.

@Haishao.6851 said:Now i'm genuinely scared about my account because of that promotion.A lot of people have been reporting getting themselves and/or their family's account banned today because they used a codes from this promotion.I got my code the second day of the promotion, but I'm not in USA and seeing the hostility of American toward Canada and Europe in the recent months and the report of people being banned, makes me fear anet is currently on the hunt for every non-USA who participated in this promotion, even if it was advertised and accessible to everyone before the terms changed.

So far only people useing multiple codes to upgrade freshly made ftp accounts have been banned and they should be aswell.A temp ban on main account is in order so they understand not to do something similar again, do it untill a day before next living story releases.

I'm pretty pissed about this. I mean, i downloaded the app on the first or second day, then struggled to try to link an account to it for a week, THEN they changed the terms so i can't get it because I'm not an US resident.I'm gonna ask an american friend to get the outfit code for me. It's not even a good outfit, but it seriously disappoints me that i'm treated as a secondary customer just because of where I live. I paid for every GW game and expansion ever since the first release of Prophecies, maybe I'm right to feel like I deserve the same opportunities american customers do.

@Haishao.6851 said:Now i'm genuinely scared about my account because of that promotion.A lot of people have been reporting getting themselves and/or their family's account banned today because they used a codes from this promotion.I got my code the second day of the promotion, but I'm not in USA and seeing the hostility of American toward Canada and Europe in the recent months and the report of people being banned, makes me fear anet is currently on the hunt for every non-USA who participated in this promotion, even if it was advertised and accessible to everyone before the terms changed.

I think it's very unlikely they're banning all non-Americans who participated. I got two codes (due to the glitch that was happening when it was first running), I used both - one on my main account and one on my free account and neither has been banned. I've also posted all of this multiple times so it's not like Anet wouldn't know I did it.

As far as I've heard the only accounts being banned are ones made by people who got and used dozens of codes to create new accounts.

@Danikat.8537 said:As far as I've heard the only accounts being banned are ones made by people who got and used dozens of codes to create new accounts.

I know a pair that play on the same IP, 2 different computers, that were banned after creating 2 accounts each (1 back at the start, 1 after the restart). They did however get the ban reversed through support, and were even compensated for the trouble.

Archived