Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

Kirkas.1430

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:And there isn't anything wrong with that. They have done it since the game was released. This isn't something new that we haven't seen before; Anet has released content requiring mats that increased in price on the TP tons of times. This is no different. People feel left out all time; I mean, again, this isn't anything new. If Anet thinks they need to make an adjustment, they will do it; they have in the past. It doesn't make sense to give all people the feeling of being included; that's just not realistic and it never has been. I'm not even sure that's an honest statement from you. If you have the gold, you have access to what you need. That's ALWAYS been the it is.

Huge difference.. in the past those items that were based around short supply were wider reaching items through the life of the game.. this collection has a much shorter window until it becomes unimportant except for the few new or returning players that missed it.Items that required things like Silver doubloons and Mystic Coins , yes they saw a rise in price, but nothing like what were seeing here and they did have some guaranteed supply and weren't just largely reliant on luck.This skin is account bound unlike things like Jugger which can be traded. Adjustments that were then made by ANET were done so because the items that they affected were permanent within the game, which already required considerable time and effort (less so these days granted) and they were re-craftable and therefore required a suitable amount of supply or once again the market would be manipulated and cornered beyond belief.. as well you know.I know you want to be seen as the voice of reason in this, very admirable, though why I am unsure and makes me somewhat suspicious if I am honest, but bottom line is there is no other reason that this collection was implemented like it has been except to utilise a known cause and effect to create a grossly manipulated market in an effort to steer players to gem purchases.There is absolutely nothing wrong in ANET seeking ways to make revenue off the back of their work, but it should of been done fairly across the playerbase and not push more wealth into the far reaching game accounts of the few. Unless of course they feel they need those market manipulators for future endeavours...

It's a material on the TP ... how it gets there is COMPLETELY transparent to players buying it from there ... as it should be. Whether the difference is huge or not from other 'things' is irrelevant. You guys keep throwing in these subtle things that don't matter. What matters is if it's accessible. Don't complicate it so it back up your position. It's simply a matter of accessibility.

@Pirindolo.9427 said:If after 700+ posts without a single word from Anet ppl think that they will do/say anything about this issue...

I will tell you what Anet thinks about this:1) All is working now as planned2) Pay 500-800G for your armor, if you like it so much (and buy gems to convert them in gold if you don't have enough)3) Play 25 alts to level them to 64 and get a shiny sigil (and buy gems to buy boosters that will make the leveling process so much quicker)

A few things,1.) Anet doesnt always comment on things but they do read then. Posting
anything
in a thread like this would bring nothing BUT toxicity and rage at whichever person was told to post the comment.2.) Expecting a fix so quickly to something thats already coded is foolish. I dont know how their coding works, but its been shown repeatedly that its not easy for them to change recipes/achievements etc.

Actually I disagree, in the past when obvious issues have smacked the players in the face or there is an issue that can't be ignored that content gets disabled until the fix is in.. and they do not remain silent.This is not perceived as an issue to ANET because it is intended, therefore they saw no reason to disable the content or fix anything or even comment on it.

To put a fix in now would only make it just as unfair for those that have already bitten the bullet and paid the TP overlords for their stellar work in manipulating the Market for ANET, therefore I do not perceive any kind of market correction or recipe being added.. but what I do expect is more silence and let the noise die down as it surely will., but I expect more of this kind of creativity going forward... which is why I think this reversal in the way they want in game items/collections to be completed will only hurt the game going forward.

But this is an issue tons of people complaining and no response from anet what kind of pr is that?

Sure it's an issue for the people complaining, but that's not a reason for Anet to respond to them. If you want an answer, just look at how Anet has handled past history for similar things. Their past behaviour is indicative of what will happen in the future.

Yah great way to handle business, and how accepting of you to give them a pass on this type of behavior

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:And there isn't anything wrong with that. They have done it since the game was released. This isn't something new that we haven't seen before; Anet has released content requiring mats that increased in price on the TP tons of times. This is no different. People feel left out all time; I mean, again, this isn't anything new. If Anet thinks they need to make an adjustment, they will do it; they have in the past. It doesn't make sense to give all people the feeling of being included; that's just not realistic and it never has been. I'm not even sure that's an honest statement from you. If you have the gold, you have access to what you need. That's ALWAYS been the it is.

Huge difference.. in the past those items that were based around short supply were wider reaching items through the life of the game.. this collection has a much shorter window until it becomes unimportant except for the few new or returning players that missed it.Items that required things like Silver doubloons and Mystic Coins , yes they saw a rise in price, but nothing like what were seeing here and they did have some guaranteed supply and weren't just largely reliant on luck.This skin is account bound unlike things like Jugger which can be traded. Adjustments that were then made by ANET were done so because the items that they affected were permanent within the game, which already required considerable time and effort (less so these days granted) and they were re-craftable and therefore required a suitable amount of supply or once again the market would be manipulated and cornered beyond belief.. as well you know.I know you want to be seen as the voice of reason in this, very admirable, though why I am unsure and makes me somewhat suspicious if I am honest, but bottom line is there is no other reason that this collection was implemented like it has been except to utilise a known cause and effect to create a grossly manipulated market in an effort to steer players to gem purchases.There is absolutely nothing wrong in ANET seeking ways to make revenue off the back of their work, but it should of been done fairly across the playerbase and not push more wealth into the far reaching game accounts of the few. Unless of course they feel they need those market manipulators for future endeavours...

It's a material on the TP ... how it gets there is COMPLETELY transparent to players buying it from there ... as it should be. Whether the difference is huge or not from other 'things' is irrelevant. You guys keep throwing in these subtle things that don't matter. What matters is if it's accessible. Don't complicate it so it back up your position. It's simply a matter of accessibility.

@Pirindolo.9427 said:If after 700+ posts without a single word from Anet ppl think that they will do/say anything about this issue...

I will tell you what Anet thinks about this:1) All is working now as planned2) Pay 500-800G for your armor, if you like it so much (and buy gems to convert them in gold if you don't have enough)3) Play 25 alts to level them to 64 and get a shiny sigil (and buy gems to buy boosters that will make the leveling process so much quicker)

A few things,1.) Anet doesnt always comment on things but they do read then. Posting
anything
in a thread like this would bring nothing BUT toxicity and rage at whichever person was told to post the comment.2.) Expecting a fix so quickly to something thats already coded is foolish. I dont know how their coding works, but its been shown repeatedly that its not easy for them to change recipes/achievements etc.

Actually I disagree, in the past when obvious issues have smacked the players in the face or there is an issue that can't be ignored that content gets disabled until the fix is in.. and they do not remain silent.This is not perceived as an issue to ANET because it is intended, therefore they saw no reason to disable the content or fix anything or even comment on it.

To put a fix in now would only make it just as unfair for those that have already bitten the bullet and paid the TP overlords for their stellar work in manipulating the Market for ANET, therefore I do not perceive any kind of market correction or recipe being added.. but what I do expect is more silence and let the noise die down as it surely will., but I expect more of this kind of creativity going forward... which is why I think this reversal in the way they want in game items/collections to be completed will only hurt the game going forward.

But this is an issue tons of people complaining and no response from anet what kind of pr is that?

Sure it's an issue for the people complaining, but that's not a reason for Anet to respond to them. If you want an answer, just look at how Anet has handled past history for similar things. Their past behaviour is indicative of what will happen in the future.

Lol of course it's relevant when there is a distinct hole in the ability to supply the market anywhere near what's required in order to quell price hikes and market manipulation.. nice attempt to smokescreen once again though.ANET knew the current state of stock within the game, they knew how few could realistically be generated in any given cycle within current supply methods, add in some front centre promo of the armour prior to launch and historical evidence of player trends/habits whenever something new lands... perfect ingredients for a high priced, highly demanded, short supply arbitrary item with which players could be tempted to buy gems.. only thing they required was a few well placed profiteers to flip any and all current supply early in the process and then sit back and let the perfect storm blow through the game. Shame we don't have a way to out who they were, it could throw up some interesting surprises imo.You like to see yourself as some kind of market strategist, when really this doesn't take rocket science to fathom out this was intended for one purpose, gemsale spikes over a period of time.. as long a period of time as they can keep the collection in demand -- enter your friendly trading post barons once more to feed the storm a little each day, safe in the knowledge that in game supply can't possibly quell it fast enough.But this forceful push can have consequences and if enough players refuse to buy gems and/or loose interest in the collection then ANET might not meet their revenue forecasts.This kind of issue is not some ball that's been dropped, its a business decision to shoot the ball into the back of the net and push for the win.

@Pirindolo.9427 said:They will never fix this, because there is nothing to be fixed. They wanted this, and this is what they got.If they wanted the armor to be expensive, they'd have made everyone bear the cost equally, like with the griffin (which costs a flat 250 gold, early adopters didn't get it for basically free while people unlock it today have to pay 500 gold or more).

There is absolutely, no way they intended the much-hyped flagship feature of this episode, the one providing the primary reason to play on the new map, to be held for ransom by robber barons like this. That's far, far too stupid to be intentional (though rampant incompetence is only slightly more comforting).

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

anything

Lol of course it's relevant when there is a distinct hole in the ability to supply the market anywhere near what's required in order to quell price hikes and market manipulation.. nice attempt to smokescreen once again though.

Your opinion here does not determine if something is wrong. It's Anet decision to decide if they need to make an adjustment. You don't have enough information from the game to decide if there is a 'hole' in the ability to supply the market.

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

anything

Yah great way to handle business, and how accepting of you to give them a pass on this type of behavior

I've yet to see an MMO that doesn't handle business this way. The game devs provide the experiences for players; players don't give that to them to implement.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:They will never fix this, because there is nothing to be fixed. They wanted this, and this is what they got.If they wanted the armor to be expensive, they'd have made everyone bear the cost equally, like with the griffin (which costs a flat 250 gold, early adopters didn't get it for basically free while people unlock it today have to pay 500 gold or more).

There is absolutely, no way they intended the much-hyped flagship feature of this episode, the one providing the primary reason to play on the new map, to be held for ransom by robber barons like this. That's far, far too stupid to be intentional (though rampant incompetence is only slightly more comforting).

I don't think it's that they wanted the armor to be super expensive, they just wanted to bring value to sigils again. This move has already single handily raised major sigils above vendor value. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more sigil use in the future, unless the backlash has put a stop to those plans.

I get where some people are coming from being upset that some got to unlock it for cheap, while the rest has to pay high prices, but beyond that I don't see this as an issue.We are getting 6 pieces of "premium" skins from this collection, and after the collection is completed, we can buy 12 more pieces for just mistonium and ectos. Three sets of t3 cultural armor will run you about 350 gold, to obtain all pieces of requiem armor will currently cost around 400-500 gold . I'm not bothered because I I feel the current price tag fits the skin, and I'm glad it's not something like Nightfury.

@Lambent.6375 said:

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:They will never fix this, because there is nothing to be fixed. They wanted this, and this is what they got.If they wanted the armor to be expensive, they'd have made everyone bear the cost equally, like with the griffin (which costs a flat 250 gold, early adopters didn't get it for basically free while people unlock it today have to pay 500 gold or more).

I don't think it's that they wanted the armor to be super expensive, they just wanted to bring value to sigils again. This move has already single handily raised major sigils above vendor value. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more sigil use in the future, unless the backlash has put a stop to those plans.

I get where some people are coming from being upset that some got to unlock it for cheap, while the rest has to pay high prices, but beyond that I don't see this as an issue.We are getting 6 pieces of "premium" skins from this collection, and after the collection is completed, we can buy 12 more pieces for just mistonium and ectos. Three sets of t3 cultural armor will run you about 350 gold, to obtain all pieces of requiem armor will currently cost around 400-500 gold . I'm not bothered because I I feel the current price tag fits the skin, and I'm glad it's not something like Nightfury.Again, cultural armor is yet another thing that everyone buys for the same price from a vendor, not something that can be manipulated by the malicious greed of other players. If they'd done that with this armor, a
lot
fewer people would be upset right now.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:That's not a problem ... why would anyone commit to a game and think everything is equal for all people? The fact there is a market is a sure indication (or should be) to every player in this game that it's not designed for equality. Heck, just the fact that some people can play more than others is creating massive inequality between players; nothing a game dev could do can address that.Actually, there's tons of things they could have done: add sigils of nullification to a vendor, add a recipe to craft them, make the armor recipe require a more common superior sigil, or allow any superior sigil to work with it.

Or require account-bound items sold at a vendor instead of something the robber barons can hold for ransom, kind of like the griffin does.

Sure ... they could have done tons of things. That's not for debate. We can imagine all sorts of things that could have been. But they didn't ... they did THIS thing. They did it for a reason. I don't know what that reason is. If it doesn't work out, we know they will address it because of past actions they have done on similar issues.

@Voltekka.2375 said:After 700+ posts, it amazes me as to how some people choose to support the whole sigil price topic - or downright troll others. A simple fact remains, one you just cannot ignore. That fact is how a minority of players got huge profit ....

Except that isn't a problem ... if it was, the market would have never been structured the way it is. Look, you play a game with a player driven market where that is going to happen. Get over it.

Well, let's see: Domain of Kourna had the beetle, easily obtainable (cost-wise) by everyone. You needed certain defense events in Core Tyria, and some events in DoK map.Sandswept isles had the animated backpack thingie, again, no biggie as far as gold investment went. It needed the Serpents Ire meta, which is another thing altogether.Istan has the stellar weapons (no collection for that one, sadly) . Available to everyone, no tp cost attached.Draconis Mons had the Druid backpack. You only needed to do time gated stuff each day (heart vendors) for 14 days. Again, available to everyone.

This time, in living story, Anet choose to use a sigil which isnt available to everyone. This is different. And it was a bad move.

none of that has anything to do with Anet designing the game around people's requests, or any other thing Anet has implemented that has mats that you need from the market. Those examples, just like that one, are based on decisions Anet made on how to implement them. My point still stands:

The game has a player-driven market. There is nothing new here for Items that show up in new gear that are purchased from the market. it all behaves the same way.

People did not request daily gated hearts, neither did they request Serpents Ire, as far as I remember. Anet designed those because they WANTED everyone to get an equal chance of getting the living world (not raid cm hoard of gold, but living world) items. Now they didnt. And would you please stop with the constant "player driven-market"? It is irrelevant. Anet can make bad choices, too. Much like players.

Exactly ... Anet implements things how they decide them to be designed, not how people want them ... and they have reasons, even if we don't know them or like them. This isn't Burger King.

And no, I'm not going to stop with the 'player-driven market' stuff because it's the fundamental point here. It's irrelevant? What game you playing? Seems to be it's the MOST relevant point here.

I think your confusion stems from the fact that in reality the market is not player-driven. Anet created the demand for the sigils and the price went up. If they increase supply by introducing another method of obtaining the sigils, the price will go down. You can argue that it is ultimately the players that decide whether they are actually going to want the thing anet introduced to increase demand or do the thing anet introduces to increase supply, but that is a willfully limited view of the actual cause of those changes in the economy . . .

@Drecien.4508 said:People complained about the winters presence shoulders and the 10000 drinks. People upped the prices and it leveled out after a bit.Evon Gnashblade thanks you for your patronage. ?

Um winters presence can be made without spending anything in the trading post since there is an actual recipe to craft the sigil of mischief, unlike the situation we are given currently. If you do the achievements and just have fun doing winterday's activities you'll get tons of presents that drop snowflakes and drinks. Sigil of mischief is pricey cause the crafting recipe takes mystic coins, which you can farm fractals for or wait for login rewards and/or do the daily Anomaly. People are complaining cause the lack of choice:Option 1: Buy overpriced on the trading postOption 2: Level a character to 67 for the 1 sigil 25 timesOption 3: Dance around you room cause you realized that being a hoarder and having a bunch of sigils in you the bank has paid off, saving you over 350 gold

@Alurazle.5430 said:

@Drecien.4508 said:People complained about the winters presence shoulders and the 10000 drinks. People upped the prices and it leveled out after a bit.Evon Gnashblade thanks you for your patronage. ?

Um winters presence can be made without spending anything in the trading post since there is an actual recipe to craft the sigil of mischief, unlike the situation we are given currently. If you do the achievements and just have fun doing winterday's activities you'll get tons of presents that drop snowflakes and drinks. Sigil of mischief is pricey cause the crafting recipe takes mystic coins, which you can farm fractals for or wait for login rewards and/or do the daily Anomaly. People are complaining cause the lack of choice:Option 1: Buy overpriced on the trading postOption 2: Level a character to 67 for the 1 sigil 25 timesOption 3: Dance around you room cause you realized that being a hoarder and having a bunch of sigils in you the bank has paid off, saving you over 350 gold

I didn't mention the sigils, just the drink requirements. The price inflated and people got mad. And you'd have to buy a lot of presents to get the drink requirements. Cause people can't wait to finish collections. Just like now.

@Drecien.4508 said:

I didn't mention the sigils, just the drink requirements. The price inflated and people got mad. And you'd have to buy a lot of presents to get the drink requirements. Cause people can't wait to finish collections. Just like now.

You could also farm the presents yourself. There was a reliable way to get the presents yourself.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

You could also farm the presents yourself. There was a reliable way to get the presents yourself.

But not when people want rewards yesterday.

@Alurazle.5430 said:

Check the “recipe” again.

@Obtena.7952 said:

anything

Lol of course it's relevant when there is a distinct hole in the ability to supply the market anywhere near what's required in order to quell price hikes and market manipulation.. nice attempt to smokescreen once again though.

Your opinion here does not determine if something is wrong. It's Anet decision to decide if they need to make an adjustment. You don't have enough information from the game to decide if there is a 'hole' in the ability to supply the market.

anything

I've yet to see an MMO that doesn't handle business this way. The game devs provide the experiences for players; players don't give that to them to implement.

What a wonderful passive aggressive environment they foster.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

According to the recipe...

8.29 to buy now, while using the recipe is 8.96 and this is per mischief sigil that you need 50 of..

LOVE IT, leave it to anet to make the most appropriate recipes.. cause why the heck not.

@Gambino.2109 said:

According to the recipe...

8.29 to buy now, while using the recipe is 8.96 and this is per mischief sigil that you need 50 of..

LOVE IT, leave it to anet to make the most appropriate recipes.. cause why the heck not.

Look at everything required for that sigil and tell me that anyone can complete it right now without relying on the TP or RNG?

The reason why Anet isnt comenting on this thread is because, if they suddenly tell us that they will make new a source for the sigil, the tp prices will shift insanely again, giving an advantage to those that saw their reply first. TP barons would insta sell every sigil they still had for the last big profit, leaving a sour taste in the mouths of buyers which still had sigil buy orders up.

The price of the sigil will most likely be fixed with tommorows patch, and if it wont be, the prices will grow even higher since alot of people are waiting for tommorow (including me, though i still wont buy them unless they get cheaper).To everyone who is currently atempting to get them, i suggest you remove your buy orders and rather wait till tommorow. If a new source does come, the buy orders are all gonna get filled instantly, up to a specific point. You do not want to suddenly waste 300g for those sigils, while 1h after patch it might be 50g or something.

Personally, I think they missed a good opportunity to revitalize some older content (make the recipes use dungeon runes?) or up the value of some little used materials.

But really, this is such an odd blunder on Anet's part...

• It makes no sense thematically: why do we even need a WEAPON sigil for ARMOR crafting? Also, neither "boon removal" nor "nullification" as concepts seem to connect with elegy/requiem collection theme. Feels kind of random.
  • It seems horribly out of place in a collection that doesn't seem designed as "difficult" in itself; it has no hard achievements, no advanced crafting, heck, it doesn't even have multi-map activities like previous chapter's backpacks. Basically it's a standard set of basic map activities and a paywall.
  • It makes no sense in terms of economy; a complex crafting recipe would obviously drive up the cost of materials involved, and a collection requiring expensive vendor items (like the griffon one) would act as a gold sink and take some money out of the economy - but all this does is make some (likely already filthy rich) people even richer. And regardless of all the metrics they must have, it shouldn't take a genius to understand that generating a massive demand for a previously worthless item (literally vendor trash level) with extremely limited supply will make it prime target for market manipulation. Feels kind of clueless.

Honestly, can't blame people making conspiracy theories about this one.

@Heibi.4251 said:Currently I can't advance the achievement which truly makes me not bother with the new map as much as I'd want to. So this sigil price manipulation is going to affect the new zone. I'm sure other players might feel the same way. Minimal zone use = failed ANeT creation. The lack of forethought into this armor is clearly showing.I moved some alts there, with the idea of farming hearts for the new currency, but... after 4 days (not even full, few hours per day) I completely abandoned this map and came back to HoT. This collection is the only thing left. It was the shortest new content experienced so far. Kourna forced me to play there for the spare parts, but I have nothing to do in Jahai.

I see several players power-leveling alts in Rata Sum, using tomes. When they are lv68, they stop. I also have few stack of tomes and several anniversary boosts, but honestly... spending my time to create and delete 25 characters to complete an achievement is just too silly. And being poor, I would probably just sell the sigils. The ppl who defend this current state are likely ppl who are doing this right now.

I think ANet made a mistake, but I'm pretty sure they didn't foresee it (although it was quite easy). I don't want to be malicious. They are probably refraining from introducing a recipe so far to don't disappoint the ppl who paid a lot for the sigils (but if you had 250g to throw away for an exotic gear, you'are definitely wealthy). They could give 1 month of brag-time to these ppl, and then introduce the sigil as drop in the next Halloween for example. Or just put it as item purchasable with corns (easily farmable by everyone).

@Glider.5792 said:The reason why Anet isnt comenting on this thread is because, if they suddenly tell us that they will make new a source for the sigil, the tp prices will shift insanely again, giving an advantage to those that saw their reply first. TP barons would insta sell every sigil they still had for the last big profit, leaving a sour taste in the mouths of buyers which still had sigil buy orders up.

The price of the sigil will most likely be fixed with tommorows patch, and if it wont be, the prices will grow even higher since alot of people are waiting for tommorow (including me, though i still wont buy them unless they get cheaper).To everyone who is currently atempting to get them, i suggest you remove your buy orders and rather wait till tommorow. If a new source does come, the buy orders are all gonna get filled instantly, up to a specific point. You do not want to suddenly waste 300g for those sigils, while 1h after patch it might be 50g or something.

They wont bite the hands that feed them... keeping prices insanely high serves a purpose. Prices will recede naturally as demand subsides either through completion or loss of interest in the map / collection and by then this manipulated market will of served its purpose.... then some form or supply correction might suddenly appear, too little too late.To use tomorrows balance patch for some kind of correction, on the surface sounds great an all, but how does that in anyway help those already snagged in the controversy of inflated prices.. or do you think ANET would reimburse accounts that paid through the nose.If it happens then great, but I don't think I will be getting out my Hawaiian shirt, hula skirt and flower necklace just yet :)

@Drecien.4508 said:

But not when people want rewards yesterday.

Then it stands to reason that's not the issue, doesn't it . . ?

If you read the thread you will discover very few ppl complaining that they cannot afford the collection, which makes sense bc pretty much anyone could have farmed the necessary gold in the time since the price inflated. But you will see many ppl saying they refuse to complete the collection via tp bc they are not willing to be gouged, which is the actual issue . . .

Archived