Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

Kirkas.1430

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Well there’s an update coming this Tuesday which will have been two weeks since the episode came out and when the price skyrocketed for the sigil. If Anet doesn’t include a recipe, or alternative way to acquire the sigil, then you have your answer.

We already have "the answer". Anet didn't say a word about this (even after 700 posts) because everything is working as intended. Nothing will change.

@Blanche Neige.7241 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:> Demand at 20 gold per Sigil will not hold for long. Both because it locks out a huge quantity of the player base who can not afford it or do not want to afford it. Ergo the price will fall faster than 6 months. How far time will tell.

You are so active on this subject, and so against the solution to add a crafting recipe to make this sigil that I am seriously suspecting you are one of the few who bought a good chunk of the supply when it was cheap and are now reselling them at inflated prices.

Make sure to renew your tinfoil hat subscription end of this month.

Suprisingly there is people who are fine with markets taking their course and not having everything handed out for free.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:> Demand at 20 gold per Sigil will not hold for long. Both because it locks out a huge quantity of the player base who can not afford it or do not want to afford it. Ergo the price will fall faster than 6 months. How far time will tell.

You are so active on this subject, and so against the solution to add a crafting recipe to make this sigil that I am seriously suspecting you are one of the few who bought a good chunk of the supply when it was cheap and are now reselling them at inflated prices.

Suprisingly there is people who are fine with markets taking their course and not having everything handed out for free.

While i tend to agree with letting markets normalize, this is one of the cases i dont, due to the lack of reliable ways to obtain the sigil.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Wouldnt it be great if this armor was only obtainable by those that actually had individual player skill. You know gaming skills, the great equalizer in every video game in history, except gw2. Where personal skill dosent seem to matter at all.

Then we could have a conversation about gear being handed out for free. Right now anyone can open their wallet and get it, wow what an accomplishment!

@Dante.1763 said:

While i tend to agree with letting markets normalize, this is one of the cases i dont, due to the lack of reliable ways to obtain the sigil.

Which I fully understand, it then comes down to priorities and how important one finds 1 collection to the enjoyment of the game.

Me personally, I can happily live without completing gthe collection if it's price is higher than I am willing to pay. Others might have different priorities.

It's an interesting step though to jump from: "some one is disagreeing with me" to "obviously he must be profiteering off of this". As I like to say: how you judge others gives a clear view into your own values.

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

You are so active on this subject, and so against the solution to add a crafting recipe to make this sigil that I am seriously suspecting you are one of the Fenixw who bought a good chunk of the supply when it was cheap and are now reselling them at inflated prices.

Wouldnt it be great if this armor was only obtainable by those that actually had individual player skill. You know gaming skills, the great equalizer in every video game in history, except gw2. Where personal skill dosent seem to matter at all.

Then we could have a conversation about gear being handed out for free. Right now anyone can open their wallet and get it, wow what an accomplishment!

Interesting idea, some of the coolest memories from vanilla WoW was completing the priest and hunter unique weapons.

I'd be all for this kind of approach. Then again I'm not sure many others would appreciate this. Maybe a balance of both or rewards for both types of players would be cool.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Which I fully understand, it then comes down to priorities and how important one finds 1 collection to the enjoyment of the game.

Me personally, I can happily live without completing gthe collection if it's price is higher than I am willing to pay. Others might have different priorities.

It's an interesting step though to jump from: "some one is disagreeing with me" to "obviously he must be profiteering off of this". As I like to say: how you judge others gives a clear view into your own values.

Yea, the jump in logic was more of a leap with their comment.Honestly i want to complete the collection but due to the cost of this one item i now have to decide between a skin, and a weapon im actually guaranteed im going to use(Astralaria).

@Cyninja.2954 said:

You are so active on this subject, and so against the solution to add a crafting recipe to make this sigil that I am seriously suspecting you are one of the Fenixw who bought a good chunk of the supply when it was cheap and are now reselling them at inflated prices.

Interesting idea, some of the coolest memories from vanilla WoW was completing the priest and hunter unique weapons.

I'd be all for this kind of approach. Then again I'm not sure many others would appreciate this. Maybe a balance of both or rewards for both types of players would be cool.

Id be fine with that approach as well, so long as it wasnt tied to raids period.

@Dante.1763 said:

Yea, the jump in logic was more of a leap with their comment.Honestly i want to complete the collection but due to the cost of this one item i now have to decide between a skin, and a weapon im actually guaranteed im going to use(Astralaria).

Id be fine with that approach as well, so long as it
wasnt
tied to raids period.

I was thinking more along the lines of solo challenges which one has to overcome alone (or with some smart outside help like aura or boons without other players directly being able to interfere).

Yes raids have their own segment and rewards and should not cover for other content (in my personal opinion). Now we are getting slightly sidetracked though.

Let's wait and see what Tuesday brings.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

And yet for some, they got it practically for free. Others didn’t.

Add a crafting recipe for superior nullification, maybe a few more for the few sigils that are also like this (unobtainable except as very rare drops)... boom bam, everyone's a happy camper. The fact that it hasn't been done makes me think it's not as easy as it seems. Eh.

In the meantime all the players who were upset with not having much to do with your tomes of knowledge? Good news..! lol

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:

@"DiabolicalHamSandwich.8756" said:Can we have a griffon gold sink like option? Would rather my gold just disappear into the ether at this point.

Exactly my thoughts.

I'd rather throw 20g down the drain than give 15g to someone fiddling with the TP to leech gold off other players.

These items stack so it's not possible for them, but for other very rare items with a slow and unreliable supply like the exotic trinkets used in the Treasure Hunter collection there should have been an "account bound on trade" binding property, so they are either sold if you don't need them, or bought only if you want to use them. Making it impossible to buy them only to sell them higher.

But that would not be doable for items that stack, since they'd by turned into a different account bound item, and that would not work for the recipes. So for those that stack the only solution is either additional supply sources or some sort of trade control like increasing taxes for an item the more transactions per hour with that item are done, until going on at it with the item is no longer profitable.

100% agree, I'd spend 250 gold (cause i did it for griffon by farming silverwastes) IF it was just to the npc instead of the constantly rising rising prices for scum that manipulated the prices turning 4 silver to at the moment 15+ gold which seems to be getting higher and higher. I mean yesterday it was 13 gold and there were only 45 left now there is 15 gold and there is 581 in stock...I don't know how the trading post works, but I thought prices were higher if the stock were low.

@Alurazle.5430 said:

@"DiabolicalHamSandwich.8756" said:Can we have a griffon gold sink like option? Would rather my gold just disappear into the ether at this point.

Exactly my thoughts.

I'd rather throw 20g down the drain than give 15g to someone fiddling with the TP to leech gold off other players.

These items stack so it's not possible for them, but for other very rare items with a slow and unreliable supply like the exotic trinkets used in the Treasure Hunter collection there should have been an "account bound on trade" binding property, so they are either sold if you don't need them, or bought only if you want to use them. Making it impossible to buy them only to sell them higher.

But that would not be doable for items that stack, since they'd by turned into a different account bound item, and that would not work for the recipes. So for those that stack the only solution is either additional supply sources or some sort of trade control like increasing taxes for an item the more transactions per hour with that item are done, until going on at it with the item is no longer profitable.

100% agree, I'd spend 250 gold (cause i did it for griffon by farming silverwastes) IF it was just to the npc instead of the constantly rising rising prices for scum that manipulated the prices turning 4 silver to at the moment 15+ gold which seems to be getting higher and higher. I mean yesterday it was 13 gold and there were only 45 left now there is 15 gold and there is 581 in stock...I don't know how the trading post works, but I thought prices were higher if the stock were low.

Same tbh, I like most of us could probably pay for the collection but screw the idea of doing so to someone who is intentionally ruining a whole portion of the game and developers hard work for their own avaricious greed. If the gold just went to a random NPC then so be it, it's just expensive armor but I'm not negotiating with these terrorists by giving them gold.

@Tyson.5160 said:

Yes and? Again, I'm not an envious person.

Why should I care if someone else was lucky for once and I was not?

Some people are acting as though this was the only issue they ever cared about. Yes, some people got the materials insanely cheap, others made a killing flipping the Sigils, and?

My personal choice and the value I give this collection is almost not affected by this. If all you care about is if others are luckier, faster, more successful, etc. in a video game, you don't have your priorities strait, imo.

@Alurazle.5430 said:I mean yesterday it was 13 gold and there were only 45 left now there is 15 gold and there is 581 in stock...I don't know how the trading post works, but I thought prices were higher if the stock were low.

TLDR: The short story is that the prices are set by players, there is no Anet algorithm or anything like that which lowers or raises prices based on stock. Its all just the decisions of individuals. Currently players are confident that listing the item at 15+ gold will 'clear' (someone will buy it), so they are doing so.

Longer explanation:

When you go to buy an item, you can either instantly buy it at the lowest price another player has listed it at, or you can place a buy order at any price you want. When you go to sell an item, you can either instantly sell it at the highest price another player has placed a buy order at, or you can list it at any price you want. What we call the, 'price' of an item is really the price offered by the lowest sell listing or highest buy order.

Is it often true that more stock will lead to lower prices. But prices are entirely set by what prices players list items at, so lets examine one scenario that could explain your example. 45 players listed sigils, and the lowest price listed by those 45 players was 13 gold, not all players listed them at 13 gold, but at least one player did. Those sigils were then bought by players, in order of cheapest first, until only players who had listed them for 15 gold have not yet sold their sigils. Gradually the price has now moved up to 15 gold. At 15 gold, maybe people stopped buying sigils, but people also continued to list them at 15 gold, because sellers were confident that they could get 15 gold for their sigils. Considering 1 player needs 25 sigils for their armor set, this price raise could have been caused by a single player buying 25 of the listed 45 sigils.

So basically, when a market is nice and stabilized usually more stock will lower the prices. But when markets are going through transitional periods, for example a new use for an item entering the market (like this armor), prices will be heavily influenced by confidence.

For example, I recently got an obscure ascended recipe from something I did in path of fire. The highest buy offer was at 5 gold, but the lowest sell listing was at 150 gold. I investigated the item, and saw that the item is easily obtainable through multiple routes for about 10 gold. So, I wasn't confident the item would sell at 150 gold, and listing it at 150 gold would risk the 5% non-refundable listing fee, but I felt that listing it at 11 gold would sell the item in a timely manner. So I listed it at 11 gold, which was the highest I felt confident I could list it and still sell it (also called clearing).

So, currently players are confident that listing sigils at 15 gold will clear, but any higher will not clear, and that is what leads to the price being that high even though more stock was on the market at that time.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Some people are acting as though this was the only issue they ever cared about. Yes, some people got the materials insanely cheap, others made a killing flipping the Sigils, and?

My personal choice and the value I give this collection is almost not affected by this. If all you care about is if others are luckier, faster, more successful, etc. in a video game, you don't have your priorities strait, imo.

Please don’t open that topic about priorities being straight or not. We are all discussing a video game here. We are all putting in energy toward GW2.

@Tyson.5160 said:

Please don’t open that topic about priorities being straight or not. We are all discussing a video game here. We are all putting in energy toward GW2.

I did not argue the validity of getting enjoyment out of a video game.

I was criticizing the vast amount of negative hyperbole and over dramatization people enjoy putting on 1 issue of a set of skins and the fact that some one else might have beaten them to the punch as far as acquisition goes.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

I did not argue the validity of getting enjoyment out of a video game.

I was criticizing the vast amount of negative hyperbole and over dramatization people enjoy putting on 1 issue of a set of skins and the fact that some one else might have beaten them to the punch as far as acquisition goes.

Sorry, getting too personal for me.

Can someone guarantee that specific players/accounts are not notified before these types of new recipes are released so they can profit from the TP by buying the crafting materials right after the update is released? What is the purpose of adding a recipe that is so specific that is 100% certain that is going to increase the price of its crafting materials more than 60000%?

This was an post on Reddit that I thought made a couple of good points so I’m reposting it here on this thread.

keorl: Why the Sigil of Nullification has no chance to workSigil of Nullification IS A SIGIL. It's economy and drop rate are balanced for low usage to begin with. It was worthless due to not being used in any meta (or budget afaik) builds, BUT its drop rate is balanced, like all other rng sigils, taking into account that if players ever decide to use them, it'll be ONE per player, maybe a few if people use alt weapon sets or characters.

We have seen over the past years, when a rng sigil is popular, it is worth anywhere between 3g and 12g depending on the novelty (Force is "only" 5g now because many players who care about their build have it already) and popularity. And that's with sigils that get required for meta builds, so most people need ONE or at most A FEW. Some alt-oholic players might have bought 20+ but it was over the span of YEARS.

And there comes Sigil of Nullification ... boom, need 25 ! It just can't work. Not a single rng sigil is capable of taking such a requirement blow, their economy is simply not designed for it.

ALSO, IMHO something should be done ... Anet please don't just consider that "well, it is stable at 13g (or whatever), let's say that's what the new armor takes". Nope. It's doesn't work like that. The stability is really precarious, the amount available can only satisfy 3 players total, and the only reason it's not even more broken is because (1) we still have players blowing through tomes of knowledge (they're not in infinite supply) (2) many players have decided to wait or straight up gave up on what was supposed to be one big feature of those episode.

What to do ... Well I guess those ideas were given in a thousand threads already, but it never hurts. Let us forge 4 superior sigils and get a random sigil in return, or add a recipe for sigil of nullification, or add them as guaranteed reward in one or two jumping puzzles that make sense (either the one in Jahai, or any that fit thematically) so players can get theirs daily and/or with alts (make the JP reward sigil acc-bound if necessary), or change the armor recipes so they work with any sigil.

He makes a good argument that the sigil needs another source as its drop rate is designed for at most a few per account. A sudden increase to 25 per account means the incoming supply can’t possibly keep up.

Archived