Unpopular Opinion: Requiem Light armor set is just Meh.

Astrolicus.3716

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Clyan.1593 said:You might wanna look into the skins from GW1 and then you might understand, that there never really was ultra super crazy monster cool armor skin either.GW2 may have better textures and dyes, but there were several armor designs in GW1 that I find preferable to the stuff we have available in GW2, and from countless other posts I've read, I'm not alone in that sentiment.

I personally think the aura is too much It would have looked better without it. But I absolutely love the model of both light and heavy armors. Medium chest piece is not my favorite because of the weird circular collar that sticks out. I would take these over warbeast/bounty hunter that look way oversized in certain parts.

It never fails to amaze me how Anet for some has the best MMO graphics out there and on the armor- outfits side fails so miserably.They fail even more when fans point out these flaws and ignore them totally, I never seen a single dev get involve on this issue.As usual armor or skin still always overdressed and allergic to showing skin, we have armors suitable for the Arctic and yet characters are in the desert.As usual our opinion does not matter and Is brushed aside. :/

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:It never fails to amaze me how Anet for some has the best MMO graphics out there and on the armor- outfits side fails so miserably.

Opinions.

They fail even more when fans point out these flaws and ignore them totally, I never seen a single dev get involve on this issue.

Why would they listen to some entitled whiny people? They're not gonna fix armor just because some people dislike the way it looks.

As usual armor or skin still always overdressed and allergic to showing skin, we have armors suitable for the Arctic and yet characters are in the desert.

There is a lot of armor that shows quite a bit of skin and the argument that we're in a desert doesn't mean characters can't run around in super heavy plate with ten layers of fur. Suspension of disbelief because this is a video game, not real life.

As usual our opinion does not matter and Is brushed aside. :/

Pretty sure they listen a lot. For example they made 3 full sets of armor once more after many people asked for new skins for ages. Devs should never listen to what a large majority of players say or think. You'll just run yourself down trying to be perfect, you take feedback and you try to do it better next time, not go back and constantly readjust unless there is a good reason for it (like mechanics changing and you now having to accomodate for that)

@Kalendraf.9521 said:

@"Clyan.1593" said:You might wanna look into the skins from GW1 and then you might understand, that there never really was ultra super crazy monster cool armor skin either.GW2 may have better textures and dyes, but there were several armor designs in GW1 that I find preferable to the stuff we have available in GW2, and from countless other posts I've read, I'm not alone in that sentiment.

You're not wrong, but this is a matter of taste. I didn't like GW2 skins either in the beginning, but the longer I look at them the more I see that they're not really "over the top" or too ugly, they're just not that impressive. The real problem are all this infusions and effects. Color infusions should have never happened. It looks just really stupid, except maybe the black one. The "glowing" armor from silverwaste isn't a problem either. But everything beside that is too much in my opinion. Then we have weapon skins like The Moot or The Dreamer, stuff like that is just grotesque and silly in the environment of GW2's world (I have both of them but transmuted because I only wanted to have the stat swap). We also have HUGE backpieces and trinkets like Aurora, mounts with electric, ghost and fire effects...

Yes, this game has a problem with certain skins. But the reqiuem skins are certainly not among the most ugly or problematic ones. Funnily enough: A lot of people say even tho they hate the set that heavy is the best of them. Yet the heavy one has the most intense glow while mid and light are moderate. So really it's up to you not to always go for the most fancy stuff Anet throws at you.

@Clyan.1593 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:You might wanna look into the skins from GW1 and then you might understand, that there never really was ultra super crazy monster cool armor skin either.GW2 may have better textures and dyes, but there were several armor designs in GW1 that I find preferable to the stuff we have available in GW2, and from countless other posts I've read, I'm not alone in that sentiment.

You're not wrong, but this is a matter of taste.

Yep, some people have taste and others don't :p

They fail even more when fans point out these flaws and ignore them totally, I never seen a single dev get involve on this issue.

Why would they listen to some entitled whiny people? They're not gonna fix armor just because some people dislike the way it looks.He still has a point tho. They do seem to ignore criticism even if it's justified (e.g. the "every medium suit looks like a pseudo trench coat" complaint which is mostly a result of misplaced textures).

@Astrolicus.3716 said:I'm sorry for the person who created Requiem light armor, but honestly it's just ugly to me. I admit that the Heavy Requiem set is actually awesome and I wish light Requiem set was similar to Warbeast light armor honestly.

I honestly wish that Anet could create more armor like Bladed or Warbeast but with Requiem effects for Light class.

Well ... I like the light set armor more (with the right colors) than the heavy one ... it looks pretty plastic on my revenant tbh (with metallic dye)

@Haishao.6851 said:

@DiabolicalHamSandwich.8756 said:My biggest issue with the light set comes from the shoes the females get. Looks like they rocking some skinny jeans with sneakers.

What's the problem with that?

Because it looks like ass? Entire thing looks like you were getting ready for battle but lost your boots. So instead of finding them, you just threw on some kicks and called it a day.

Yep GW 2 sure is without a doubt many closet levels below GW 1, now those armor had style and fashion, now it's all overdress this add spikes hide skin and special effects that. Also now we have fashion statements at a cost called outfits all of which have failed to surpass the simplicity and fashion of GW 1 which always reminds us that armor art has taken a wrong turn and fell off the cliff where GW 2 lays dormant with the rest of it's staff. :#

@DiabolicalHamSandwich.8756 said:My biggest issue with the light set comes from the shoes the females get. Looks like they rocking some skinny jeans with sneakers.

Gack! Yes. Over all, I really like the light Requiem armor design. Also, over all, the humanoid female light armor shoes...most of them are just. no. The Requiem light shoes look like puffy high-top sneakers. The shoe skin from the Winged set looks nice with the Elegy set, so I'm hoping it still looks good with the Requiem.A positive on the Requiem light shoes though, they fully cover my Asura Elementalist's toes <3

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Clyan.1593" said:You might wanna look into the skins from GW1 and then you might understand, that there never really was ultra super crazy monster cool armor skin either.

Really? Never?

X9OzP9Z.jpg

Kylara Nightsong's distant ancestor Kylara Nightsong would like to point out her Vabbian Necromancer armour.

The vabbi dervish and Paragon were also very nice. <3

@Astrolicus.3716 said:I'm sorry for the person who created Requiem light armor, but honestly it's just ugly to me. I admit that the Heavy Requiem set is actually awesome and I wish light Requiem set was similar to Warbeast light armor honestly.

I honestly wish that Anet could create more armor like Bladed or Warbeast but with Requiem effects for Light class.

Don't worry, it's not an unpopular opinion.

I too think the light requiem armour could have looked better. I think the heavy requiem armour looks a lot better than the light and medium sets - in particular the heavy boots and the heavy helmet - I don't really like the rest of the armour pieces though, to be honest.

I think Anet did a good job on the glowy parts, however. In a weird/sad kind of way, it feels more dyeable and glowy than legendary armour :-/ which should, you know, kind of be the other way around, considering how much more money and time is involved in legendary armour!

It looks really amazing to me, but Anet loaded down the collection with waiting for events and using rare materials. How about instead of taking a material that already costs too much and spiking it to unimaginable levels, you use enough of a common material to give it some worth? 5,000 resonating slivers, a few thousand mithril and wood, etc. instead of amalgamated gemstones that are already extremely rare and some sigil that doesn’t drop like normal ones!

Archived