What are your petty grievances in GW2?

Kalocin.5982

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm petty grievances i have a "few":(SPOILER WARNINGS)

1. No, i am not the hero of shaemoor, nor did i ask to be, nor did i volunteer to fight an elder dragon, nor did i really want to save Quinn. he made his on bed. player character does not get to be "the bad guy", or "just a guy". instead... we are forced to be "THE GUY"
  2. parents die but i cannot be batman in a story step that clearly wants me to be batman.
  3. Trahearne taking all the credit for my homicidal tendencies(okay okay perhaps it's not a tendency, i am "defending tyria") and he is not lifting a single plant finger!
  4. Trahearne getting to be a necromancer wielding a greatsword even BEFORE reaper class was made playable. and don't give me that "it was a gift from mother tree" nonsense.
  5. Despite his best efforts, Logan never lands Queen Jennah. also, despite his best efforts, Logan does not land Rytlock.
  6. the thief cannot steal money. or weapons. or armor. thief cannot properly thief.
  7. Trahearne cleanses Orr, but doesn't join us in the fight against Zhaitan. Pact Marshall does not Pact Marshall.
  8. Zhaitan does his best impression of King Kong but has no planes to swipe down, nor does Zhaitan have a Blonde in his grasp.
  9. Despite killing an elder dragon, Logan remains in the friend-zone with QJ.
  10. Scarlet Briar (aka "that 6&^%*&^%&^ sylvari) destroys LA and we get a Lobster instead of a Lion.
  11. canach is not my best friend or next door neighbor or anything from heart of thorns onward. this needs to happen. now.
  12. Trahearne gets a statue. for doing nothing. and we do not get statues of our Order mentors... who gave their lives to save thousands. Tybalt... never forget.
  13. we do not get to replay living world season 1.
  14. we still do not get to negotiate a deal with the Tengu to allow us into the Dominion of winds.
  15. "mordy" had his minions kill the wrong NPC and left us with an emo braham. also? braham did not get enough bonding time with his mom to be that emo. also also, why have the norn not left after the tooth was cracked?
  16. where is the second pale tree?
  17. bows, pistols and rifles can shoot without ever needing reloading. animations could fix this.
  18. Taimi's sickness. this moment actually tears me up. all our magic and technology and we cannot cure Taimi?
  19. Jory and Kas aren't married by now. Anet, make this happen soon.
  20. Trahearne. just. frickin. trahearne.

I suspect that "petty grievance" means something very, very different to the people in this thread.

There's a ton of stuff in the game that could be improved — even people at ANet agree (they just wish they had the time to do more). The OP is asking for the things that aren't actual problems, QoL issues, or soul-sucking annoyances. There are plenty of threads about these.

This isn't about bugs; it's about what bugs you, for no real reason.

@"blackheartgary.8605" said:

1. parents die but i cannot be batman in a story step that clearly wants me to be batman.
  2. Despite his best efforts, Logan never lands Queen Jennah. also, despite his best efforts, Logan does not land Rytlock.
  3. the thief cannot steal money. or weapons. or armor. thief cannot properly thief.
  4. Despite killing an elder dragon, Logan remains in the friend-zone with QJ.
  5. Jory and Kas aren't married by now. Anet, make this happen soon.
  6. Trahearne. just. frickin. trahearne.

I laughed, :+1:

Oh lord where do I begin.

For starters, the fact that majority of NPC's can't fight mobs for longer then a couple seconds before having a heart attack and dying. It is just such a "eh" moment to look at the mini map, and see nothing but a bunch of dead symbols littered throughout. Is there any wonder why the world is in the state it's in? These are the people patrolling the roads and the world. These are our soldiers, warriors, and special units that are suppose to hold the line. Hold back the enemies and/or corruption for all our sake. Yet they die to the most mundane things. Hell, even when they outnumber enemies, they still mostly get whipped. Where are they getting these soldiers from? How the world hasn't collapsed is beyond me.

Where are my TP taxes going? Cause it damn sure ain't training schools.This is why I liked the Lake Doric guards so much better. They at least put up a fight. Number of times they even win. And when they do die, they at least poof.

@particlepinata.9865 said:Controller support. Believe me, i was all about the pc masterace with mouse when playing shooters and rts-es in the past, even with gw 1 and core gw 2. Now 42 (yes im old) its not so nice anymore on the wrist, hand, arm and neck to the right. Hot is the most demanding in that part. Thats why i like the action games on steam for example that have controller support. Many people who swear by mouse only forget (or are to young to know) that there was a time when pc games where all about having different input support (joysticks, flightsticks, stearing wheels/peddals etc). That is the power of the pc, customability.

Um. I'm older than you(1), and I swear by mouse/keyboard. And I cut my video-gaming teeth, so to speak, on Atari 2600, Intellivision, and the like.

(1) 42 is not old. I'm 52, and I don't consider myself old.

@"Vethaera.6319" said:

• Fire orchid seeds continue to drop long after you finish the Wayfarer's Henge collection. I'm tired of destroying them.
  • Boar bristles continue to drop long after you finish the Bifrost precursor collections.
  • Toward the end of the personal story step "Source of Orr" (lvl 80), King Reza says, "For this service, I grant you an ancient honor: you shall carry the title "Champion of Orr" from this day forward." Yet you do not actually get this title in your achievements. I WANT THIS TITLE!!!!

But Fire orchid seeds are not useless. You can turn them for Fire Orchid Blossom at the first NPC of the map.Ahaah, you're right for the title. When I did it the first time, I opened the hero panel to check if I really got that title :)

@"blackheartgary.8605" said:

1. Trahearne getting to be a necromancer wielding a greatsword even BEFORE reaper class was made playable. and don't give me that "it was a gift from mother tree" nonsense.
  2. Despite killing an elder dragon, Logan remains in the friend-zone with QJ.
  3. Trahearne gets a statue. for doing nothing. and we do not get statues of our Order mentors... who gave their lives to save thousands. Tybalt... never forget.

Ehi! Trahearne cleansed Orr, OOWWR! It's not nothing! And lead the Pact, the dude deserved a statue. But you're right, we should have it too. The problem is that we weren't with our order anymore for our best deeds, so Tyrians must agree upon who will build it. Politics is slow, you know.Just lol for the #9 and you're right on the #4, I also noticed it.

Mine (not really a grievance) is that Caithe must die, since she killed a dear sister to spare a crazy lover (thus letting big E. and big T. die). Though I'm aware that love makes you blind.

-getting CC spammed-logging in and getting attacked while in loading screen-Dhuum greens, orbs hitboxes still wonky-inconsistent pricing on gemstore-being a healer in raids STOP GETTING HIT CA IS ON COOLDOWN!-my luck with getting precursors. took 7k hours to get my first (and only) one. artificial pricing of crafting precursor to go along with that.-the removal of weekly achievements, bring those back please.

could go on with more petty complaints but im lazy

Archived