New player heaven, Veteran hell

Glider.5792

@Neural.1824 said:

@"Vayne.8563" said:Again, the game isn't perfect and I have my complaints about it, but that doesn't make it hell and that doesn't mean it hasn't found a core stable audience who plays it like I do, or other audiences who enjoy it for different reasons. Saying I like the game but that's just me implies I'm the only one. I don't really think that's the case.

A fair point, but I did not state that you were unique some how. Thus the phrase "one of those people".

I guess my point is this. The OP posted something talking about veteran players hell as if all veteran players felt this way. I don't appreciate being spoken for and so I expressed my personal feelings without actually adding anything other than this is how I feel. Others might look at that and think, well it's just Vayne and obviously that guy likes the game. But I could say the same about the OP. Obviously that guy doesn't like the game. The problem is it's not a vets hell, and he shouldn't be talking as if he's talking for most vets, because I wasn't talking like I was talking for most vets.

The problem with posts like yours is that it in some way attempts (or at least works toward if you weren't atempting it) to trivialize my point of view, without actually providing any evidence at all of which demographic is happy or unhappy with the game. Why single out my post? Because I like the game? Why then not single out the OPs post when he doesn't like it? After all I'm only talking for myself.

This is one of the things I dislike that happens on these forums quite frequently...and not just these forums, but many games forums. People who like a game aren't taken as seriously as people who have complaints. The general thought process is that people who like the game aren't critical enough, or they're blind fan bois. But the truth is I happen to be a critical thinker. I just compare this game to others out there I've played and this one suits my play style best, that's all. Other games fail me in ways I personally find unacceptable.

But yeah, I think what the OP said needed to be challenged. Not sure why my post required a comment saying well you obviously you're enjoying the game because it fits your criteria for what a game should be. I mean I'm pretty sure that most people would fall under that category...that is liking a game because it fills their gaming needs.

That game is great, not hell but several things need fixes:

I agree with OP, I've enough of those locations you only visit once during story and that's all... we should be able to visit them anytime. The fact we can only visit them during episode is well... I guessed it after exploring rata primus cube outside of story: THAT PART IS ONLY MODELED WITHIN STORIES, outside of it, it's just a random asset or an unfinished thing. A raw cube without gates, without the reactor at the middle and anything else.

Instead every effort in LS story, it would be nice to have more efforts on guild halls and even as op stated: Adding maps in holes within world map for fun, not story related/elder dragon related.

That's why I created my asuran expansion, to have a set of CORE maps, tied essentially to LORE and replayability.I know some would be against but it would be very nice to stop ls production to finish everything:-Add cerebro jumping puzzle-Add SAB w3 and 4-Make story-tied locations explorable outside of story, even clawER island.-Better balance.-Add racial guild hall decorations.-Give the envy to do dungeons?-Develop mini-raids accessible to everyone, not only metas.

The problem with posts like yours is that it in some way attempts (or at least works toward if you weren't atempting it) to trivialize my point of view, without actually providing any evidence at all of which demographic is happy or unhappy with the game. Why single out my post? Because I like the game? Why then not single out the OPs post when he doesn't like it? After all I'm only talking for myself.

I assure you, that was not my intent (thus the emojis), it was actually intended as a compliment in that you have never had a solid reason to be upset with the game. Not because you are somehow limited or otherwise trivialized, but because there
is
something to be said for the fact that not all veterans are seeing the game as "hell", and your longevity in the game is testament to that.

This is one of the things I dislike that happens on these forums quite frequently...and not just these forums, but many games forums. People who like a game aren't taken as seriously as people who have complaints. The general thought process is that people who like the game aren't critical enough, or they're blind fan bois. But the truth is I happen to be a critical thinker. I just compare this game to others out there I've played and this one suits my play style best, that's all. Other games fail me in ways I personally find unacceptable.

I think that feeling of not being taken seriously is common on both sides there. The WvW forums probably are a good example of that. Keep in mind that the people who accuse others of being white-knights, etc. may come from games where the problem was rampant and unchecked, resulting in attitudes that make people ...well, for lack of better term "pre-jaded" about game forums.But yeah, I think what the OP said needed to be challenged.Yes, it's fine to challenge as it may be taken a bit extreme, the bulk of my post was simply attempting to look at what causes the feelings from the perspective of how Arenanet has possibly chosen to run their business (I don't know these things as fact, but I was going on common business sense).

As I stated at the end of my post, I do not personally think the game is veteran "hell", or even close. I wouldn't be here if I did. :)

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Well vets choose to burn through new content in a matter of days, it’s technically their own fault for not having enough to do. It’s practically impossible to provide enough content so satisfy those type of players. More grind could be added but that’d just likely result in the same number of complaints from that group of players as well as others.

Agreed, but let's not paint all of us veterans with such a broad brush. :) Some of us are still working through PS, LS and other fun stuff.

I edited the post to reflect that.

@Vayne.8563 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:Again, the game isn't perfect and I have my complaints about it, but that doesn't make it hell and that doesn't mean it hasn't found a core stable audience who plays it like I do, or other audiences who enjoy it for different reasons. Saying I like the game but that's just me implies I'm the only one. I don't really think that's the case.

A fair point, but I did not state that you were unique some how. Thus the phrase "one of those people".

I guess my point is this. The OP posted something talking about veteran players hell as if all veteran players felt this way. I don't appreciate being spoken for and so I expressed my personal feelings without actually adding anything other than this is how I feel. Others might look at that and think, well it's just Vayne and obviously that guy likes the game. But I could say the same about the OP. Obviously that guy doesn't like the game. The problem is it's not a vets hell, and he shouldn't be talking as if he's talking for most vets, because I wasn't talking like I was talking for most vets.

But yeah, I think what the OP said needed to be challenged. Not sure why my post required a comment saying well you obviously you're enjoying the game because it fits your criteria for what a game should be. I mean I'm pretty sure that most people would fall under that category...that is liking a game because it fills their gaming needs.

Who said i dislike the game ? Guild Wars 2 has been my favourite game for the past six year. The only game into which im actualy investing soo much time, achieving soo much etc. Im still playing it daily, and enjoying it, bit less atm though, only doing specific things (like collecting Branded Shards, some raids, possibly fractals). Im also one of those players, that actualy realy does enjoy all the content the game has to offer (or at least did): PvE, Fractals, Raids, WvW, PvP... eh.. as long as its not solo its fine. The things i dislike is how new content is starting to be handled, since new releases are taking longer and longer, yet it feels like we are getting lesser.

@Glider.5792 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:Again, the game isn't perfect and I have my complaints about it, but that doesn't make it hell and that doesn't mean it hasn't found a core stable audience who plays it like I do, or other audiences who enjoy it for different reasons. Saying I like the game but that's just me implies I'm the only one. I don't really think that's the case.

Who said i dislike the game ? Guild Wars 2 has been my favourite game for the past six year. The only game into which im actualy investing soo much time, achieving soo much etc. Im still playing it daily, and enjoying it, bit less atm though, only doing specific things (like collecting Branded Shards, some raids, possibly fractals). Im also one of those players, that actualy realy does enjoy all the content the game has to offer (or at least did): PvE, Fractals, Raids, WvW, PvP... eh.. as long as its not solo its fine. The things i dislike is how new content is starting to be handled, since new releases are taking longer and longer, yet it feels like we are getting lesser.

I guess you're not a crafter. I like crafting a lot of the items, so there's too much to do for a lot of it. I'm not however, a farmer, and I'm not a raider, so those things won't interest me. I think a lot of people are happy with the amount of stuff there is to do in Thunderhead Peaks, even though it's only two repeated metas from which you need key pieces and the dwarven treasure room. It has almost a festival feel to it, because I want to get all the weapon achievements done before they next story comes out.

They all have grindy bits to go for and they're always different. That little mini dungeon is cute and fun for me. I don't mind doing that once a day, but to do that you need the two metas, which I also don't mind doing. I bought the karmic retributation for the zone so I'm farming karma. I like getting achievement points and each weapon you craft (the exotic ones) has a reasonable amount of achievement points, but each requires more farming of the zone. It's set up pretty well.

A couple of episodes ago we got new armor to work for. The episode before that we got a new mount collection and after that roller beetle races.

We don't get new hard stuff, in my opinion, because most players don't do that stuff nor care about it. The issue is, and has always been, the most vocal players do. Then they come here and say there's nothing hard to do, and claim it's a veteran's hell. But lots of veterans aren't raiders. And some new people are. In fact, there's a lot of hard stuff to do now, compared to say launch but it's never been the biggest percentage of the games activities. But there's plenty of stuff to do if you want to do it. Just getting the meta achievement in each zone, in some cases without looking at Dulfy which speeds things up too much, works for me.

Nope. I'm going to say we're not getting less and less. even if you're less and less satisfied. New armor sets and new weapon sets in game that you have to work for are precisely what people have been asking for. We just got a new fractal not too long ago too, new instabilities for Fractals. I hope the WvW announcement coming up means something though. That would be nice for people who play it.

Remember, this game is designed for you to be able to walk away for weeks at a time and come back when ever you want...that's what I do. Heck, I even took off the entire time that LW S1 was being released, and I'm currently taking a several week break...so in this instance I think you're making your own "veteran hell".

Yeah, this isn't Veteran hell so much as its "I play through all the new stuff as fast as it comes out" hell, which has been an issue in MMOs as long as MMOs have been a thing. Anet and GW2 at least allows for people to come and go as they please and play the content in their own time. Now, is it harder to play certain content without a map getting zerged some time after its released? Eh, maybe. But I actually look forward to those challenges.

I feel like they're getting lazier with the story- it's so predictable it might as well be glass people actually praising the last LS as good have never experienced a good compelling story in a game before - or they're so used to crap that they'll accept anything and call it good.
Anet has forgotten how to give content that actually has longevity and feels refreshing. The game is very stale- I'm a 6 year player and I get on now 2 times a week maybe but mostly because I'm busy.It's extremely dull - raids have lost their luster entirely to me and Fractals are down the chute with it. I enjoy challenging content- but at least make it worth playing. Not just "umm I guess we will add this, lets add a bunch of complicated things but not necessarily make it worth the rewards- same rewards as before and a higher level of salt."When they add new maps they add tasks with them- for what reason. They're annoying. They add nothing new to the new map that will be dead in 2 months anyways and once I do the half assed LS I will hop back into WvW anyways to get the new special skin associated with said LS.
I am a regular in WvW as I only get on now to WvW for the past 2 years since at least that has semi-fun random encounters. I'm also a member of a WvW only EU guild. Now they (anet) think adding mounts will improve WvW? Improve what exactly? The fact that the mount is also unlocked in PvE after getting it in WvW is going to be queue hell for actual WvW players who legit play day after day not just "HURR HURR, IM HERE FOR MY MOUNT I DONT GET WHY WVW PLAYERS ARE COMPLAINING THEYRE SUCH BABIES ACCEPT THE NEW CONTENT. "

• Once the hype dies down from the last ditch effort mounts, WvW will go back to being dead. The only semi-positive thing it will bring is the bag farm that the PvE players will bring for a little while, but that might just discourage new players from joining entirely.

GW2 is very good only for new players and casuals.

Everytme when u want to achieve something more here. And play more hardcore. No matter its PvP, Raids or even WvW.Then after some time u start to realize that its just pointless to do it here.Also that's why many veterans and skilled guilds already left this game.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Neural.1824 said:I bought a new character slot to do world completion again (because black lion keys), but beyond those things, I'm taking my time on the story, etc.

Just curious: how many black lion keys does one collect for world completion? Would it have been the same cost as a character slot to have simply bought keys instead?

I believe it's a 20% chance? So RNG is a factor, and you will get more transmutation charges than you will keys for completing maps, but sometimes you get lucky and get 2 or 3 in a row. Also remember, just by leveling you get keys by completing your LV 10, LV 40 and LV 60 personal story quests.

well... if anet have too much new contents, it will be a hell for newcomers because it will overwhelm them

you may well think of the state of the game for those burnt through all the contents, you can go take a 3 months around the world holiday in real life, when you are back the next LW ep will be here for you, burn through it again and go on another 3 months holiday again

I am a veteran playing since beta, on a daily basis, and have taken no breaks from the game ever. Though, I have tons of unfinished business and it just piles up more and more at every new LS episode. So, for me, the experience is very different from OP: I never have enough time to do all what I want to do. Content seems unlimited to my eyes.I am not sure what can be the reason for such different experiences. Maybe the fact that I am not just playing the content? I am also officer in a guild, what consumes quite a part of my time. I regularly tag up as commander, especially to help others, what is another time consumer. Beside, I do WvW, raid and fractals that are big time consumers too. For example, on days I have a WvW run, my playing time is consumed and I cannot do something else. So, more or less, one activity eliminate the others, and all that combined together, the result for me is to have a big part of the content undone, keeping me busy and entertained, and a game lifetime will probably not be enough to reach a status where I feel I have nothing left to do.

It is true that the game has changed enormously since beta, with many things that me -veteran - I do not like much as are now. Though, in term of content, the game remains heaven for me, not hell. :3

This forum is starting to become a lot like WOWs forums where one of the classical complaints is"If you dont fix , then Im going to leave .Of course they never do , and just keep making the same threats over and over.How about this .All MMOs have an end .When you have done everything that you find fun , then it IS time to leave.

Archived