Mounts mean the death of roaming

witcher.3197

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Drakarya.1283 said:I am a group player myself but i hope you roamer fellas find a way to make mounts work and useful for your playstyle. Gankers on the other hand, i hope you get farmed tons of times by ppl on their mounts then rot in hell for an eternity.

Wouldn't gankers have it better here?Mount up, wait in the corner, charge at someone then gank em, mount back up and repeat?

Gankers are also the sort of people to set up Ballistas, I'm sure gankers are going to have fun nailing people on thier mounts with ballistas.

If a ganker has a hard on for you, whats to stop him from ganking you, mounting up and ganking you again 10s later at your spawn?

Currently,"roaming" in WvW involves nothing more than using builds that provide utility akin to a cheat program or even worse,the forming of ganking parties made of players using such builds in order to attack lone players traversing the maps.This results in by far the most toxic and low quality game play in WvW and emphasizes all the negative aspects of combat in GW2.It also has minimal impact on the outcome of a match.It would be great if there were more meaningful ways of play in WvW for solo players or small groups,I run outside of squads doing small scale stuff most of the time as well,but as for now and given that "class balance" is what it is the less "roaming" we get in WvW the better.Although I seriously doubt that a mount will be able to cover ground faster than a teleport.

I must say, unless you instantly dismount upon going into combat (while mounted), which I hope is how they do it, I'm extremely worried that mounts will give players an unfair advantage against ranged opponents. You could effectively use your mount to soak up damage from a ranged opponent as you close the gap. This unfair advantage could eventually force situations where the mounted player has the luxury of forcing the ranged player to also engage with mount (thus eliminating the ranged advantage at first) or just run/not fight.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:Roaming will not die. If anything, this will open the option to more classes.

This might kill ganking and frankly that's good for the mode.

Exactly. Ganking is the worst of what WvW has to offer since everyone just abuses cheesy builds and skills. Forcing people to waste time trying to dismount an opponent or blowing their entire cheese factory burst on it is a good thing in my view.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:I must say, unless you instantly dismount upon going into combat (while mounted), which I hope is how they do it, I'm extremely worried that mounts will give players an unfair advantage against ranged opponents. You could effectively use your mount to soak up damage from a ranged opponent as you close the gap. This unfair advantage could eventually force situations where the mounted player has the luxury of forcing the ranged player to also engage with mount (thus eliminating the ranged advantage at first) or just run/not fight.

it just has an effect on the initial range advantage (maybe not even much here). but if more people use the mount to be able to roam on less mobile builds, then the range roamer will have an easy time kiting. now if the war claw doesnt have too much HP and you get that little CC like in PvE when your mount dies, then i wouldnt try to run to a soulbeast with it as it would grant them a free CC to easier apply their dmg. deadeye gets overall buffed as noone has mobilty advantage to pick fights but stealth still is supreme for picking. what other range roaming build is there that now has a chance and then wont?

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:Roaming will not die. If anything, this will open the option to more classes.

This might kill ganking and frankly that's good for the mode.

You choose to run around on a build, Just like the gankersYes its unfair, but its the same unfairness if 5 people hit a tower and 25 come to respond and run over Them

Its part of the gamemode

To be clear, i play IT all: roamer, ganker, small group comps, gvg comps, zergingEverything has its downside so why remove IT. A build is a combination of: mobility, aoe, defense, sustain etc. And in my experience also open world speed (i use in roaming spring Rolls for Swiftness between camps/objectives. I sacrifise something for mobility)

@gebrechen.5643 said:

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:Lets wait to see how the mount is implemented before stating that roaming is dead. It may very well be, but we don't know it yet. For all we know, it may improve roaming. None of us (other than alpha testers who can't say anything) know how its implemented.

Pretty much this. Deadeye, Soulbeast and Mirage killed roaming way more than the mount could ever do.

Exactly! This toxic trio of classes is why roaming sucks, at least mounts might make some of the lower mobility classes also do some roaming and eh less running more fighting can only be a good thing for roaming

Ok. Let me state something for all those people who hate on roaming in here. If you and your friend want to flip that westcamp quickly on your zerg/PvE/fun-build, you are roamers too. Just very bad ones. Its like competing in a bicycle race with your little unicycle without any training and then complain about that toxic sport and how it is just about bullying little bikes. And these lonley poor people on the map that get ganked are roamers too but they mostly dont complain because thats what roaming is about imho: making the best of a bad situation.

@topic:I see a potential problem in the mobility advantage roamig specs need due to the high dmg atm. You can see in the vid @ 0:17 how fast it moves. You will not be able to separate people eg., if everyone just moves at max speed. Escaping mounted groupes could become a nightmare when everyone can decide when to enter combat with you at will and could force people even more into cheesy stealth builds.

@schloumou.3982 said:You can see in the vid @ 0:17 how fast it moves. You will not be able to separate people eg., if everyone just moves at max speed. Escaping mounted groupes could become a nightmare when everyone can decide when to enter combat with you at will and could force people even more into cheesy stealth builds.Everyone is already moving at max speed ooc!

33% swiftness is 98% of max hardcapped speed and you can already move at perma 100% (ranger or speed runes)

Kitten does anyone understand speed?

@schloumou.3982 said:Ok. Let me state something for all those people who hate on roaming in here. If you and your friend want to flip that westcamp quickly on your zerg/PvE/fun-build, you are roamers too. Just very bad ones. Its like competing in a bicycle race with your little unicycle without any training and then complain about that toxic sport and how it is just about bullying little bikes. And these lonley poor people on the map that get ganked are roamers too but they mostly dont complain because thats what roaming is about imho: making the best of a bad situation.

@topic:I see a potential problem in the mobility advantage roamig specs need due to the high dmg atm. You can see in the vid @ 0:17 how fast it moves. You will not be able to separate people eg., if everyone just moves at max speed. Escaping mounted groupes could become a nightmare when everyone can decide when to enter combat with you at will and could force people even more into cheesy stealth builds.

So because a player chooses to flip camps on a non fotm cheese powercrept build due to wanting to play builds they find fun and not just cheese to win at all cost thier bad Roamer s? Lol right! Roaming for the most part these day consist of players not choosing builds based on fun or anything other than choosing the fotm cheese one/2 shot super multiple blocks/invulnerability with added unblockable power crept garbage cheese builds to run around with to be as cheesy and anoying to solo or small groups.the roaming has gotten as ridiculous as scourges in zergs are. Although these builds still have bloated disengagement skills leaving out thief cuz it’s squishy design hopefully adding mounts plus nerfs to these classes will make things more tolerable to the non 4 meta roaming classes we have now to traverse the maps with these builds around. Anyone defending the cheese roaming builds are try hard shit players that like to feel like their champs in life lol

@witcher.3197 said:

@SweetPotato.7456 said:So, you are upset because you don't get to gank unsuspecting people anymore?Why can't you chase them with your new mount?

Who's talking about unsuspecting people?

How can I chase someone on a mount with my mount which is exactly the same speed?

maybe that chain to pull the gate can be used to pull others off their mounts ? :3

Yeah how can I gank and cheese anyone playing any spec that doesn’t have broken mobility/disengagement skills that are trying to get back to the group battle?now they MAY stand a chance oh no lol part of what makes a good roaming class is good in and out of combat mobility with good disengagement skills ontop meaning they will still have an advantage over non roaming specs

@MUDse.7623 said:

@SweetPotato.7456 said:So, you are upset because you don't get to gank unsuspecting people anymore?Why can't you chase them with your new mount?

Who's talking about unsuspecting people?

How can I chase someone on a mount with my mount which is exactly the same speed?

maybe that chain to pull the gate can be used to pull others off their mounts ? :3

This would be sweet!

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Yeah how can I gank and cheese anyone playing any spec that doesn’t have broken mobility/disengagement skills that are trying to get back to the group battle?now they MAY stand a chance oh no lol part of what makes a good roaming class is good in and out of combat mobility with good disengagement skills ontop meaning they will still have an advantage over non roaming specs

"I like to spam f12345 on my necro me good player"

@dagger dave.5201 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Yeah how can I gank and cheese anyone playing any spec that doesn’t have broken mobility/disengagement skills that are trying to get back to the group battle?now they MAY stand a chance oh no lol part of what makes a good roaming class is good in and out of combat mobility with good disengagement skills ontop meaning they will still have an advantage over non roaming specs

"I like to spam f12345 on my necro me good player"

Yeah haha that’s why I mentioned in post above roaming has reached the levels of a Zerg scourge.i get that their supposed to shine in groups but their mindless Condi aoe puking everywhere has gotten absurd in wvw

Archived