Jump to content
  • Sign Up

[Vision] Why don't Stellar weapons count towards Istan's Vision of Equipment?


Recommended Posts

Very, very curious if this was an oversight or intentional.

I can understand the former as the Astral/Stellar set was before the "upgradable" armor and weapon concepts we had in the latter episodes of the season, which meant crafting the higher quality version would have unlocked the lower one anyway. However, for the Astral/Stellar set, we (thankfully) didn't need to craft the inferior weapons to get the cool ones we wanted.

Except now Vision of Equipment requires six Astral weapons, and any Stellar weapons I may have crafted (seven, by the way) before do not count.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Ojimaru.8970" said:Very, very curious if this was an oversight or intentional.

I can understand the former as the Astral/Stellar set was before the "upgradable" armor and weapon concepts we had in the latter episodes of the season, which meant crafting the higher quality version would have unlocked the lower one anyway. However, for the Astral/Stellar set, we (thankfully) didn't need to craft the inferior weapons to get the cool ones we wanted.

Except now Vision of Equipment requires six Astral weapons, and any Stellar weapons I may have crafted (seven, by the way) before do not count.

On the one hand you're saying you're glad we didn't need to craft Astral weapons to get to the Stellar skins. But now you lament it. It's one or the other.

I wouldn't see it as an oversight. I think it's only logical, since both weapon sets are separate sets and one does not require the other. Another reason to go for Astral instead of Stellar would be that the former is exotic and therefore more accessible to craft. Ascended crafting also includes timegating for those who don't think ahead and build up a supply of timegated materials.

It would've been more convenient for me as well if Stellar weapons skins had been included in the achievement. But I don't see this as much of a problem at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Simple, the decision is for each maps "cheaper" version to be required. In this case, the oversight is that on later maps the more expensive versions automatically included the base versions. Yet still only the first version is required.

Many people did not bother with crafting either set (myself included). It's grinding time girls and boys!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You actually crafted 7 of them?! SEVEN??! Even though i never bother with them, they should have count since they also need same mats, i bet there are people who have already crafted more than 6 astral weapons and are laughing right now, lucky bastard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I'd like to second the idea of having Stellar weapons count as well. Given I don't mind grinding too much yet my immediate reaction to seeing the Astral required, and it not ticked off even though I was well aware I'd done all the Stellar weapons, was one of bewilderment, means I think it WAS an oversight, and hopefully ANet can adjust this somehow. Again, not against grind in itself, just that this particular oversight is too bewildering to ignore.

(As for the baseline Elegy armor, I've got all them yet no credit in the collections for the trinket...)Edit: for the armor I now see I have to speak with someone lol :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well guys, at least you have something to play for. The skyscale and now the trinket are actually affecting the game positively - I haven't seen so many people on these maps before. ANET are doing outstanding job. Nice things should require time and effort.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:Do you need to craft them, or is unlocking the skin enough?

I don't believe you can unlock the skin without crafting them.

They are also available through wardrobe unlocks. Of course for the most players this is not a serious alternative, but it
is
possible.

Yes, thats what i did. I unlocked all of them with BL wardrobe. But does this count towards the achievement?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@LucianDK.8615 said:They also only require you to make the baseline elegy armor, as well only dragonsblood weapons.

Inaccurate. You can get one set of Elegy armor from completing the collection.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Well guys, at least you have something to play for. The skyscale and now the trinket are actually affecting the game positively - I haven't seen so many people on these maps before. ANET are doing outstanding job. Nice things should require time and effort.

See, my issue here isn't about the need for time and effort, and none of my post was about that either. My issue is that I feel like I got punished for crafting a nicer looking set of weapons, and now having to essentially repeat the process for an inferior set, both aesthetically and functionally (Stellar weapons are ascended, compared to the exotic Astral).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would have been nice if either/or counted for the achievement (same for Dragonsblood/Heroic Dragonsblood weapons). I only crafted one Astral weapon and then skipped straight to crafting 5 Stellar weapons because I loved the added effects. All-in-all I don't necessarily mind that I'll have to craft 5 Astral weapons now as Kralkatite is fairly easy to acquire, but having both Astral and Stellar count would have been nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:Do you need to craft them, or is unlocking the skin enough?

I don't believe you can unlock the skin without crafting them.

They are also available through wardrobe unlocks. Of course for the most players this is not a serious alternative, but it
is
possible.

Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock: The Stellar weapon set has been removed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:Do you need to craft them, or is unlocking the skin enough?

I don't believe you can unlock the skin without crafting them.

They are also available through wardrobe unlocks. Of course for the most players this is not a serious alternative, but it
is
possible.

Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock: The Stellar weapon set has been removed.

But we are talking about astral set, not stellar.Stellar is not required for the legendary accessory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:They also only require you to make the baseline elegy armor, as well only dragonsblood weapons.

Inaccurate. You can get one set of Elegy armor from completing the collection.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Well guys, at least you have something to play for. The skyscale and now the trinket are actually affecting the game positively - I haven't seen so many people on these maps before. ANET are doing outstanding job. Nice things should require time and effort.

See, my issue here isn't about the need for time and effort, and none of my post was about that either. My issue is that I feel like I got punished for crafting a nicer looking set of weapons, and now having to essentially repeat the process for an inferior set, both aesthetically and functionally (Stellar weapons are ascended, compared to the exotic Astral).

Congratulations.... you now have a PHD in "How to Gold Sink". :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Clyan.1593 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:Do you need to craft them, or is unlocking the skin enough?

I don't believe you can unlock the skin without crafting them.

They are also available through wardrobe unlocks. Of course for the most players this is not a serious alternative, but it
is
possible.

Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock: The Stellar weapon set has been removed.

But we are talking about astral set, not stellar.Stellar is not required for the legendary accessory.

Oooh true, my mistake!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...