Im not getting the skyscale.

The mount isnt going nowhere and due to vision a bunch of ppl will be farming se4 for a couple of weeks. If you bought at least one exoansions and have acess to a lvl 80 character you can srart working on makimg the gold required to buy the episode.

The mount isnt going anywhere.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Gop.8713 said:Have I been remiss? Was I supposed to be making threads about all the things in the game that I've chosen not to do . . ?

Yes. Feedback is important. If there's something wrong with the game that prevents you from playing it, then you might as well voice it. On the off chance that the devs change it, or that somebody else has advice that will help you through it.

@Zuldari.3940 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You can always acquire the Living World Season 4 Episodes in-game with Gold-to-Gems.ArenaNet just gave away all the Episodes in the past few weeks, as well; no idea how 'new' you are.

If you aren't interested in obtaining all parts of the game, that's perfectly fine.

(You won't be able to acquire the Roller Beetle, either.)

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

LOL sure you want to loan me the gold, new account i have like 20 gold what are you kidding me? Do you think a month old account has that kind of gold? The issue is they should have warned people. This is nothing like beetle was, you couldnt even get it started unless you unlocked long live the lich. Skyscale they let you start it thinking well ill just grind it out and get the mount..nope

The new meta practically gives away tons of gold. Like, earn it like everyone else, idk wat you mean.

@Zuldari.3940 said:Well i went through all the initial hoops not happy at all with the amount of stuff you have to get and time you have to wait to get the mount. But the straw that broke the camels back was finding out after i got the eggs, that i have to do every LW4 story in order to proceed forward with getting the mount. Yeah new account i dont have those LW parts, and im not paying them to buy them. I wish they had made the requirements clear from the start. So the mount is not accessible to all players, new players have to pay for it, real nice anet.

Oh and before someone comes in to fanboi for anet about the roller beetle was the same. No it wasnt, you couldnt even start anything for the roller beetle until you unlocked the story for it. I know i had to buy it, the skyscale is not like that, it made it available to start for everyone. Shady very shady.i think players always have their rights to play the contents or not and it is completely based on personal decision/liking etc. There is absolutely unnecessary to open a thread to say “Not going to play a content”.

I do not enjoy Raid, I leave it out. DONE.

@Zuldari.3940 said:

You can not get the mount unless you did all the LW 4 stories. I missed the first 3.

@Zuldari.3940 said:

New account i have like 20 gold what are you kidding me? Do you think a month old account has that kind of gold?

If you have Episodes 4, 5, and 6 -- and you never bought an episode -- then your account is, at a bare minimum, from September 18, 2018 or before.

Why are you saying that your account is only a month old? You have had plenty of time (at least 7 to 9 months) to earn enough gold in order to purchase the other episodes. They even sell them at a discounted price in the Gem Store if you purchase any remaining episodes for the season as a bundle.

I just bought the entirety of LWS2 and the few I missed with LWS3 and LWS4 with Gold after I was MIA for 4 years, and I just came back a month ago. I started with 20g after logging in.

If you own the episodes you only need to play long enough to unlock the maps for each one. (Like one to two quests)

However I can see why those who don't own it would be frustrated. You can aquire them via the gold to gem trade system in game, but it is indeed more grinding on top of an already lengthy process.

@Rukario.1695 said:

You can not get the mount unless you did all the LW 4 stories. I missed the first 3.

New account i have like 20 gold what are you kidding me? Do you think a month old account has that kind of gold?

If you have Episodes 4, 5, and 6 -- and you never bought an episode -- then your account is,
at a bare minimum
, from September 18, 2018 or before.

Why are you saying that your account is
only a month old
? You have had
plenty of time
(at least 7 to 9 months) to earn enough gold in order to purchase the other episodes. They even sell them at a discounted price in the Gem Store if you purchase any remaining episodes for the season as a bundle.

I just bought the entirety of LWS2 and the few I missed with LWS3 and LWS4 with Gold after I was MIA for 4 years, and I just came back a month ago. I started with 20g after logging in.

Not quite.

If he already has Ep 4,5 and 6, he likely got them in the Welcome Back to Guild Wars 2 events, where each episode was free for a week.

Ep1- March 26th - April 1stEp2- April 2nd-8thEp3- April 9th-15thEp4- April 16th-22ndEp5- April 23rd-29thEp6- Was the current episode at the time so did unlock for free during the whole event.

So let’s not derail because you think his account is a year old, when actually it could very well be 5 weeks old, I don’t doubt this claim.

To the OP, I highly suggest you play the game before jumping straight to current content, you’ll earn everything you need to reap rewards of it, or the gold to purchase missing episodes well before you need them. The content doesn’t vanish, and the Skyscale is definitely a solo venture.

@Zuldari.3940 said:LOL sure you want to loan me the gold, new account i have like 20 gold what are you kidding me? Do you think a month old account has that kind of gold?This is an endgame mount for veteran players who did lots of content and have accumulated at least part of resources.And if you don't want to dedicate time/resources to acquire it, that means it's not for you (yet), then.

It's a premium mount

Its not something you should be able to get thrown at you

It's also something you need to work for

We knew the finale would have a long collection attached to it and this was it.

They openly said as much during the stream, there is a mail while doing it (Once you're past the part that you get your sick skyscales and finish the first collection of collections.)

This is what loyalty on our part grants us as benefits given by them; Im sorry you don't have it unlocked but the bundle is pretty cheap (Cheaper if you have parts unlocked.)

@Zuldari.3940 said:

@"Palador.2170" said:They actually told us that we'd need all of LS4 before we started on it, but it wasn't announced in the game anywhere. So it's not like they were hiding it, it's just a message that some people missed.

And as for the "made it available to start for everyone", no. They made it available to start for anyone that has that chapter of LS4 AND PoF. And they recently offered each of the other LS4 chapters for free for a week each, for those that hadn't unlocked them for free already. If you're so disinterested in the story that you didn't get them, then I think the rest of the collection might be enough to deter you even if you did have them. (You need, amongst other things, 250 of the currency item from EACH of the 6 zones).i didnt play back then, so no i didnt have access to the story, but hey np just pay us money and you can get the mount. And i didnt get any mail saying you had to complete all of LW4 till after i gathered all the eggs! Then i get a kitten mail from gorrik that says you have to have all episodes of LW4 to continue.

Just keep playing the game and someday in the future you will have enough gold to buy the episodes and get the skyscale if you wish.Just for playing the game.You still got all the ap etc from getting as far as you are on your collection and the spirit shard rollover aint locked anymore so your not loseing anything.

@Zuldari.3940 said:So the mount is not accessible to all players, new players have to pay for it, real nice anet.

Shady very shady.

GW2 is NOT free 2 play. It's a wrong and shady advertisement.Nothing meaningful in this game is available without buying whole content - perhaps lws2 is not a must, but all the rest is (provided you want to gear multiple chars and participate in all activities/have all mounts).Every new player should calculate 2 expansions and lws3+4 at very least.

My advice: . Collect all the gold you can - everything in GW2 gets cut down to gathering gold (by simply run&tag mobs or doing same big bullet sponges again and again). With that gold you can buy yourself content, gear up , bypass timegates, collections and so on.Sounds boring and brain dead? Yes. It's getting worse.

@Derdzvero.7051 said:

@Zuldari.3940 said:So the mount is not accessible to all players, new players have to pay for it, real nice anet.

Shady very shady.

GW2 is NOT free 2 play. It's a wrong and shady advertisement.Nothing meaningful in this game is available without buying whole content - perhaps lws2 is not a must, but all the rest is (provided you want to gear multiple chars and participate in all activities/have all mounts).Every new player should calculate 2 expansions and lws3+4 at very least.

My advice: . Collect all the gold you can - everything in GW2 gets cut down to gathering gold (by simply run&tag mobs or doing same big bullet sponges again and again). With that gold you can buy yourself content, gear up , bypass timegates, collections and so on.Sounds boring and brain dead? Yes. It's getting worse.

Shady very shady.

You can do every aspect of the game as a free to play player except raid and most players don't care about raiding. It's not a false advertisement. There are plenty of people who play for free. Obviously it's also not the full experience. But I played this game for more than a thousand hours without a mount, without gliding, without raids. The core experience is essentially the experience I got when I bought the game at launch. I'm not sure how much more generous it could be.

@Vayne.8563 said:

Shady very shady.

Shady very shady.

You can do every aspect of the game as a free to play player except raid.

No, you can't. You can't sell stuff on TP and thus you can't get even basic amount of funds. Most I could get back then from running around for world events was exotic gear for 1 character (cheapest Nika set). That's it. Forget about anything else.

Im not going to argue with you, you've clearly made up your mind.

I just wanted to mention the fact that the LS 4 requirements were stated (in red I believe) in one of the first emails you received, and also if memory recalls (once again in red) on the subtext of achievements following the first ones, not to mention plastered and I do mean PLASTERED throughout this forum and reddit by players over the last 2 weeks! Hard to miss all of them, but I'm not asking.

Anyway, Anet ran free weeks not long ago (like from March-April if memory serves) for every episode this season, but that doesn't concern you, because being a month old account, you missed it. So, let's talk about what else would hinder you IF they decided tomorrow to run free again...

Youll need:1) 250 ea of every mat from all 6 episodes2) UNLESS you have at least a mesmer bud to port you to some locations in further collections OR access to A.) Fully mastered Gliding AND B.) Fully mastered (mounts that come to mind that made some locations in later collections achievable (in leui of mesmers): Springer and Jackal at the very least! That means in the last month, you've already grinded the gold required to obtain those Mounts, the experience required to level them AND the mastery points required for the different levels. Plus, like I said, unless you have a mesmer bud, Gliding (a HOT thing) comes in HANDY (but isn't necessarily req'd), which also requires the above mentioned except for the gold, cause Gliding is free.3) Then, there's gold involved for SS, some flat out and other gold as well if you can't craft certain things that are req'd...which I don't know, maybe a 1 month old account can, maybe not. Anyway, one of the recipes btw (assuming you can craft it) requires grinding Dry Top - A S2 map.

The point is, and im not trying to be mean, but, maybe, this mount is inaccessible to you NOT because of "shady" initial wording, but because you just haven't "earned" it yet. This is not meant to be someone's 1st mount or possibly even their 3rd and acquisition is so much more involved than having ownership of 6 LS episodes.

@Zuldari.3940 said:

@"Palador.2170" said:They actually told us that we'd need all of LS4 before we started on it, but it wasn't announced in the game anywhere. So it's not like they were hiding it, it's just a message that some people missed.

And as for the "made it available to start for everyone", no. They made it available to start for anyone that has that chapter of LS4 AND PoF. And they recently offered each of the other LS4 chapters for free for a week each, for those that hadn't unlocked them for free already. If you're so disinterested in the story that you didn't get them, then I think the rest of the collection might be enough to deter you even if you did have them. (You need, amongst other things, 250 of the currency item from EACH of the 6 zones).i didnt play back then, so no i didnt have access to the story, but hey np just pay us money and you can get the mount. And i didnt get any mail saying you had to complete all of LW4 till after i gathered all the eggs! Then i get a kitten mail from gorrik that says you have to have all episodes of LW4 to continue.

Your ignoring the fact you don't actually have to pay any real money.. several times this has been prompted for you.. use in game gold to convert to gems and buy the episodes. That is the same for every player if you don't log in during the period the chapter went live or whether you are a new player to the game.The Skyscale is not a race it is a luxury, one that you can take your time with so you can keep chipping away until you have enough gems converted to buy the episodes, continue on with skyscale and -- win-win.Use the time you have available now to acquire currency from other maps that you are most definitely going to need, and also save some gold for buying the collection items for the skyscale as well.Remember - SKYSCALE is not a race and you are not at any disadvantage not having it right away.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

@Gop.8713 said:Have I been remiss? Was I supposed to be making threads about all the things in the game that I've chosen not to do . . ?

Yes. Feedback is important. If there's something wrong with the game that prevents you from playing it, then you might as well voice it. On the off chance that the devs change it, or that somebody else has advice that will help you through it.

kk, haven't encountered anything like that since ep 4. That doesn't seem relevant to this thread though, where someone is choosing to avoid content rather than being prevented from playing it . . .

@Zuldari.3940 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You can always acquire the Living World Season 4 Episodes in-game with Gold-to-Gems.ArenaNet just gave away all the Episodes in the past few weeks, as well; no idea how 'new' you are.

If you aren't interested in obtaining all parts of the game, that's perfectly fine.

(You won't be able to acquire the Roller Beetle, either.)

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

LOL sure you want to loan me the gold, new account i have like 20 gold what are you kidding me? Do you think a month old account has that kind of gold? The issue is they should have warned people. This is nothing like beetle was, you couldnt even get it started unless you unlocked long live the lich. Skyscale they let you start it thinking well ill just grind it out and get the mount..nope

Then spend a year gathering the gold and playing old content...It's not like you need to get the skyscale right now.

The skyscale was disgned as a quest to get people back onto old maps. I know it's frustrating. But it is what it is...start earning the gold now and work towards unlocking the content.. you'll likely want it anyway.

Archived