Google Stadia

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read only bad things about Stadia so far, it wasn't ready for release but was pushed out. The most offending part of Stadia is having a premium service aimed at 4k/60fps but no game delivers that, yet you pay a premium. Google really blew it with Stadia, as a concept it sounds nice, not having to buy a beast PC to play games but right now it's all false advertising and makes me wonder when the first lawsuits will appear. Not that Google will be afraid of lawsuits

@maddoctor.2738 said:I've read only bad things about Stadia so far, it wasn't ready for release but was pushed out. The most offending part of Stadia is having a premium service aimed at 4k/60fps but no game delivers that, yet you pay a premium. Google really blew it with Stadia, as a concept it sounds nice, not having to buy a beast PC to play games but right now it's all false advertising and makes me wonder when the first lawsuits will appear. Not that Google will be afraid of lawsuitsTL;DRStadia will basicly be like playing with the performance of your old PC with network lag from where you are sitting to the computer next to you.

@"wrathmagik.3518" said:Yeah. One word. "NO"

IF you get unjustly banned or something from the service. Oh look. There goes ALL OF YOUR GAMES in a heart beat.

And your also asking me to trust Google? One of the most corrupt companies on the planet with all my info and data? NO. Just no.

That too, ethically I do not trust Google as a company either on top of all the other concers I mentioned in my last post.

Lots of people think me negative but i've good reason to be, I am not happy with the industry as it is today and I feared it would end up in this state over a decade ago and was proven right to worry.I've collected consoles for my entire 30 years as a gamer but this current gen has left me seriously disappointed.. i've seriously got more games on my Wii, Wii U, Ds and Gameboy advance individually.. than I have Ps4 and Switch games combined!My Ps1, 2 and 3 game collections number in hundreds.. ps4.. not even 10 games caught my interest and most that did were PC pickups for the FREE! online multiplayer.

And the next is looking just as bad too, so im not even going to bother buying consoles anymore.. for the first time im my life I see them as a massive waste of my money and that depresses me.

I am not planning on using the service and prefer to have my own gear, but that said I am glad to see more cloud services coming on line to support people that may not be able to upgrade their gear currently. Cloud services support more robust PC development versus the trend to move things to mobile. Why spend 1000 on a phone when you could have bought a laptop and gotten a more in depth game. So +1 here and hoping they do well if it means more PC and less mobile.

• 6 months later...

Has there been any update if Anet is planning on supporting Google Stadia?

I personally feel the platform has come a long way and keeps steadily improving.

I think there would be a lot of people happy seeing the game come to Google Stadia.

ESO is a great example that MMOs can work on the platform. All it needs now is a great MMO like GW2. :)

@RehDemption.6394 said:

My ping to my new York cloud gaming rig ranges from low 30s to high 30s (I'm in Florida). And yet I do not notice any perceivable latency. Google has servers all over the place, much closer to me. So I highly doubt a ping of 2000.

Remember, your experience counts as only 1 experience out of x unknowns.Not everyone lives near a good connection region and not everyone have money to move to somewhere else.

@Khisanth.2948 said:It is supported on GeForce Now which has had much better reception than Stadia. Having to repurchase for Stadia would make things unappealing for players.

Though I would agree that GFN initially had a better reception, I don’t feel it reflects the current state and reception of Google Stadia. Stadia has come a long way since and improved on many areas (and is the better option of the two if you ask me now).

Regarding the fact you’d have to repurchase, I personally wouldn’t mind because this would mean I can play on my tv, phone and computer without any problems and would get my money back out of it (and then some). There’s also always the option to have it available for free for Stadia Pro subscribers just like ESO was (and still is atm).

I just hope they really consider porting it to Stadia ^^

@"RehDemption.6394" said:Is Arenanet ever planning on bringing GW2 to Google Stadia?

I've been playing GW2 since the open beta, and my old PC is really showing it's age. I've switched to cloud gaming for over a year and so far it's been suprisingly good (parsec + paperspace). Married with kids now... Buying brand new gaming PC is just not feasible.

However, since Google Stadia's reveal, I've been hearing/reading quite a lot of positive feedback. Was hoping to see Arenanet or GW2 in the game announcement.

Even though I'm "content" with parsec+paperspace, I know Stadia will have a better experience. Plus I'm pretty neck deep in the Google eco system, with good internet too. For example... Takes 4 minutes to boot old PC up (yes, four mins), and another 2 mins to start up parsec and paperspace. Stadia on my Chromebook/Chromebox/Android TV/Android phone will start up in a few seconds.

Wondering if anyone here knows of any plans?

Thanks!

I've been on google stadia since day 1. This game would benefit a lot of people on stadia. Especially world events and wvw zerg fights where so many peoples computers buckle under the load. Anyone wouldbe able to play this game on high settings while streaming it if it was on stadia. It would be a good move. Making the game more accessible to more players is always a good thing.

Just because ESO does this doesn't have to mean GW2 needs to go the same way downhill. What's next? Paid crafting bags?Listen, I love the Elder Scrolls and sometimes even play ESO just because I crave more TES and TESVI will probably never come out because Skyrim is getting re-released all the time to eternity but ESO isn't the mandatory MMO out there. Did everybody forget about WoW all of a sudden? Sure, WoW isn't perfect either and I despise subscription fees (which was the only turn down for me on WoW even though I like the story, soundtrack, characters, world and creature design) but it sure does a better job than ESO. ESO isn't even under the hand of Bethesda anymore, even though that might be good since Bethasda has downgraded a lot and now I only trust studios like CDPR these days (CP2077 delay, but I'd rather have a good game and wait longer). Anet is one of the few studios I trust these days and I hope they don't fuck it up because I have faith in them still even after almost 8 years.They have a vision and they want to emmit that vision. Even though a lot of their founders have left I still believe in ArenaNet more than in EA, Ubisoft or other studios these days as they take their work seriously. Sure nothing's perfect at Anet either but they still try their best in this split community.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

@"RehDemption.6394" said:Is Arenanet ever planning on bringing GW2 to Google Stadia?

I've been playing GW2 since the open beta, and my old PC is really showing it's age. I've switched to cloud gaming for over a year and so far it's been suprisingly good (parsec + paperspace). Married with kids now... Buying brand new gaming PC is just not feasible.

However, since Google Stadia's reveal, I've been hearing/reading quite a lot of positive feedback. Was hoping to see Arenanet or GW2 in the game announcement.

Even though I'm "content" with parsec+paperspace, I know Stadia will have a better experience. Plus I'm pretty neck deep in the Google eco system, with good internet too. For example... Takes 4 minutes to boot old PC up (yes, four mins), and another 2 mins to start up parsec and paperspace. Stadia on my Chromebook/Chromebox/Android TV/Android phone will start up in a few seconds.

Thanks!

I've been on google stadia since day 1. This game would benefit a lot of people on stadia. Especially world events and wvw zerg fights where so many peoples computers buckle under the load. Anyone wouldbe able to play this game on high settings while streaming it if it was on stadia. It would be a good move. Making the game more accessible to more players is always a good thing.

See above article I linked... you dont get high settings of ESO with Stadia.

@Opopanax.1803 said:

Thanks!

It's still a good option.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

Thanks!

Maybe for a mobile device, but that's about it.

@kharmin.7683 said:

Thanks!

You're coming from a privileged standpoint. I understand if you have a great gaming pc you might feel stadia is only good for mobile. But there are alot of people playing on old computers and maybe dont even have a computer. maybe they just have a chromebook, or even just a chromecast ultra, a tablet, or even only a phone. This is a good option, period. No one is arguing it's the best option or should be the only option, but it is a good option.

Privilege has nothing to do with it. Why even bring that up?

I don't think they meant it like that, I gave benefit of doubt.

I disagree with Hotboy, and it is ok that we disagree. Each person must decide at the end of the day.

OP, as mentioned - check Geforce Now - it does support GW2 if u have your copy of the game. Monthly sub is rather cheap as well, so if this service improves then i'm seriously gonna reconsider PC upgrade. BUT so far it is not as smooth as i was hoping for. From my experiance (EU - Poland) if i play fractals i can run best settings possible (1080, subsample etc) with almost stable 60 fps. But if i go for e.g. tequatl and limit graphic do medium (nativ, shaders offf) i still play around 15- 20 fps. Plus i do have connection problems while playing via GFNow even though i dont experiance them playing directly by game client. So there is some work to do

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Thanks!

You're coming from a privileged standpoint. I understand if you have a great gaming pc you might feel stadia is only good for mobile. But there are alot of people playing on old computers and maybe dont even have a computer. maybe they just have a chromebook, or even just a chromecast ultra, a tablet, or even only a phone. This is a good option, period. No one is arguing it's the best option or should be the only option, but it is a good option.

Then use GeForce Now which is free (for a limited time each day) and doesn't require a separate purchase. I've tried Guild Wars 2 on GeForce Now with everything on max and it runs fine. To my knowledge Google Stadia doesn't offer good performance on the games that are on the platform, meanwhile GeForce Now gives you access to the regular game settings so you can tweak it to your needs, want high fps, lower the visuals, want to see the best visuals? You can go for that and accept an fps penalty. As far as I know Stadia has pre determined graphics settings, which is terrible.

why not Geforce Now and Stadia? I still don't get the problem with having more options? i've been using Stadia snce day 1. Day 1 was rough. Since then my experience has been flawless. I also have flawless internet. Some have reported negative experiences, but i personally haven't had any negative experiences. On geforce now i also didn't have any negative experiences for the 15 minutes i played. My gf however couldn't and still can't get it to work on her mac. It's just a matter of options. How many platforms is skyrim out on? I love that the options are there. I don't see any problem with that.

okay, legit question: Who here actually regularly uses google stadia? Not to be rude, but something I've noticed is that the people that have nothing positive to say about google stadia have never actually used it themselves. So, i have to wonder how many of you have actually used it.

Imagine offering the game on a new platform, people buying PoF expansion, entering PoF maps and them starting to rubberband all over the map.The reviews would be fantastic. I suggest they take a good look at the bug reports before doing anything else.