Are true Flying mounts ever gonna come out in Gw2??

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:The Wolf thing that I'm having trouble remembering the name of is pointless as it's slow, it's teleport offers nothing skyscale and Griffon don't already provide, and is only useful for a few choice portals in pof and forgotten shortly afterwards.

Sorry, but that's a subjective point of view. I almost exclusively use the jackal as my primary land mount and don't find it pointless at all. For me, it is much easier to control than the raptor and does better on hilly terrain.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:The Wolf thing that I'm having trouble remembering the name of is pointless as it's slow, it's teleport offers nothing skyscale and Griffon don't already provide, and is only useful for a few choice portals in pof and forgotten shortly afterwards.

Sorry, but that's a subjective point of view. I almost exclusively use the jackal as my primary land mount and don't find it pointless at all. For me, it is much easier to control than the raptor and does better on hilly terrain.

Why not fly over the land instead with your skyscale? I agree it's subjective, but so is the argument that flying invalidates all or most mounts. Others have said here that they prefer the controls of some mounts.

I think a lot of the problems presented by the idea of a flying mount would be solved if the mount was largely just cosmetic and had little to no combat functionality or speed. You could float around and get to places if you really wanted to, but it'd still be better to use other mounts instead.

Ideas for skins might include:

• Sea turtle creature made of clouds
  • Literally a leaf on the wind
  • Feather Elemental
  • Cloud of bad smell (bonus points if it has fly particle effects)
  • Raw magic (woobly particles, just fire, just Mesmer portal stuff, shadowstep smoke)
  • Whirling collection of cartoon sound effect speech bubbles like 'woosh' or 'zoom'

The easiest lore explanation for it would just be individuals manifesting a mount out of their own magic, inspired by the other mounts they've seen.

Before they add any new mounts, however, they should go into the UI and create an option to 'only display default mounts for other users'. That way, they can give people more control over visual spam by making default mount skins the tamest of the set.

@kharmin.7683 said:

The jackal is also faster than the raptor unless you're constantly spamming the raptor long jump.

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:

Why not fly over the land instead with your skyscale? I agree it's subjective, but so is the argument that flying invalidates all or most mounts. Others have said here that they prefer the controls of some mounts.

It's my preference not to, is all. I'd rather not over-fly content all of the time.

Tbh i very rarely use my Griffon due to its falling with style uselessness... I pretty much use springer, raptor and Jackal 24/7.. I have no Helicopter Skyscale and doubt i ever will after using the Grothmar trial one.. Very poor all round flying mounts tbh..

I generally use my glider over a Griffon.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@mikhail.3506 said:that adding flying mounts would add so much more to the game, in terms of replayability and gameplay wise.

How exactly would it add to replayability? You'd literally just use it to skip the content.

To answer the question in the title: hopefully not.

A proper flying mount would make me play HoT a lot more, until it appears i ignore Hot

What if, to solve the issue of exploring the map "free camera" style, our characters could /sleep and then start "sleepwalking"? You and your mounts could then freely roam the map with no gravity, great speed(You could raptor jump a map lol), invulnerability and invisible to everything.

This design would completely solve the mount obsolescence issue and the "missing out on/skipping gameplay" because of a full flying mount. Invisible walls, map height restrictions, etc is likely where it gets trickier.

This solution solves some problems from a design perspective and gives explorers and art seekers full freedom. I almost feel like this needs its own topic lol

@Dante.1508 said:

@"mikhail.3506" said:that adding flying mounts would add so much more to the game, in terms of replayability and gameplay wise.

How exactly would it add to replayability? You'd literally just use it to skip the content.

A proper flying mount would make me play HoT a lot more, until it appears i ignore Hot

You claim you use gliders over flying mounts ("I generally use my glider over a Griffon.") and now you say you ignore the maps that are made for gliders? I mean... ok. The maps with updrafts are pretty much the only places that can make gliding better than using flying mounts. So I'm not sure if you have a legitimate point here. I still don't see how it would add to replayability.

• Confused 1

But that's the way they fly. And it's all good. Personally I would like specifically mounts added - underwater for example and in instanced content, like in that game Paladins where you get mount until first control point or until dismount (cant remember exactly long time I played that game), but you get the idea..

They have already said there will never be true flying mounts. All mounts need a trademark. We have a fast temporary flying griffon and a vertical/hover master skyscale.

If you start off high enough with a griffon you can fly across a whole map quite easily. That's about as close as you're going to get.

They would need dedicated maps for that. In the existing maps it might break the gameplay. There are already some things that are accessible easier which weren't meant to be accessed that easy. While for JPs there is gliding/mount disabled for a lot of them ... vistas can be accessed much easier.

(Then again there are still tons of mesmers porting to JPs ... I'd prefer if that got disabled as well. For your daily you can do other stuff and the normal achievement for first completion should still be something you'd need to "achieve".)

@Dante.1508 said:

@mikhail.3506 said:that adding flying mounts would add so much more to the game, in terms of replayability and gameplay wise.

Judging by your posts, youd still avoid HOT.

The mounts we have now make HOT maps super easy(Yes thats without the gryphon and Skyscale, though if you have either the maps get even easier.). You can go anywhere without fighting outside of few exceptions like TD.

@Dante.1763 said:

Judging by your posts, youd still avoid HOT.

The mounts we have now make HOT maps super easy(Yes thats without the gryphon and Skyscale, though if you have either the maps get even easier.). You can go anywhere without fighting outside of few exceptions like TD.

Of course the less time i spend in hot maps the better, i'm mostly only there for skill points anyway.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"mikhail.3506" said:that adding flying mounts would add so much more to the game, in terms of replayability and gameplay wise.

You claim you use gliders over flying mounts ("I generally use my glider over a Griffon.") and now you say you ignore the maps that are made for gliders? I mean... ok. The maps with updrafts are pretty much the only places that can make gliding better than using flying mounts. So I'm not sure if you have a legitimate point here. I still don't see how it would add to replayability.Yes i do i use both when forced obviously but i generally avoid hot maps altogether.. As i said i only go there for skill points so i use whatever at my disposal.. Everywhere else i mostly use the other non flying stuff. I still use the other mounts in hot a lot as well when i'm forced to be there.. I quit GW2 for 4 years because of hot trust me if i never had to go there i wouldn't..

I'd buy hot map completion stuff asap if it ever got made.