Teapot Quitting? Is this the beginning of the end?

@zealex.9410 said:

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:GW2 just isn't that much of a popular twitch stream game like some others

I think thats much more because the game just gets less content than other mmos and less because itself os a bad twitch game. For pvp maybe but for pve its pretty ok to watch, and ow it has a few cool stuff that are twitch friendly.GW2 never grew on twitch because for some reason, its always been a game thats more fun to play yourself than watch someone else play it.

Well, that and possibly the fact that Teapot isnt a girl correcting shirt cleavage every 5m on stream or playing while sitting like a pretzel.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:GW2 just isn't that much of a popular twitch stream game like some others

I think thats much more because the game just gets less content than other mmos and less because itself os a bad twitch game. For pvp maybe but for pve its pretty ok to watch, and ow it has a few cool stuff that are twitch friendly.GW2 never grew on twitch because for some reason, its always been a game thats more fun to play yourself than watch someone else play it.

Well, that and possibly the fact that Teapot isnt a girl correcting shirt cleavage every 5m on stream or playing while sitting like a pretzel.

Gw2 is also 7 years old and had only 2 expacs where all the other ones which i guess are much more fun to watch than play had 3 plus in shorter lifespans.

I enjoy guild wars 2 more then something like ESO. As I came from ESO as a very hated and infamous nightblade from cryodiil I quit it because that game is unplayable. ESO is just a lag fest and playing any type of endgame that is not questing in the zones like a casual will lead you to a terrible experience of being unable to play or cast any type of skills, it is worse then any other MMORPG out there in terms of its performance. If you think gw2 is laggy multiple it by 100 and then you will be at where ESO is, its not a very fun game to watch because of that and all the streamers in ESO get viewers from bots. There are maybe only a few hundred actual real people watch and the rest of the 4k are bots from websites. The game is notorious for having these streamers.

@bbop.9706 said:So I heard that the number one streamer for gw2 has finally had enough and is leaving for WoW classic.

Watching his patch stream last night there were 700+ viewers... I have never see this many on a gw2 twitch stream in 2 years...

But to put that in perspective, Asmongold was hosting 30,000+ playing WoW . At the same time some random was hosting 4000+ playing ESO.

We have endured a lot as GW2 fans and I have tried to remain positive and loyal, but this diet of gem skins, rubbish world events and terrible balance patches, along with lacklustre LW episodes is beginning to leave a bad taste in my mouth. As a casual i still have a lot i'd like to do in the game, but i'm feeling increasingly part of a slowly sinking ship with little to no hope for it's survival.

and Anet have gone quiet...

Why I am i still playing this game again?

Edit** rephrased as a question since this seems to have generated a lot of discussion, both positive and negative but interesting none the less.

Wow classic is a temporary game. People will get bored of it eventually. Asmongold is shit. I dont find Lw episodes bad. They are very well done.And what it has to do with gem skin? WoW is a paid game and still it sells mounts. So don't even start that.The Game is Great and the content is great. You are playing it because you Like the game or your a Causal. Yes i do believe they can make things better in pvp and wvw.

@Raijin.9107 said:

@bbop.9706 said:So I heard that the number one streamer for gw2 has finally had enough and is leaving for WoW classic.

Watching his patch stream last night there were 700+ viewers... I have never see this many on a gw2 twitch stream in 2 years...

But to put that in perspective, Asmongold was hosting 30,000+ playing WoW . At the same time some random was hosting 4000+ playing ESO.

We have endured a lot as GW2 fans and I have tried to remain positive and loyal, but this diet of gem skins, rubbish world events and terrible balance patches, along with lacklustre LW episodes is beginning to leave a bad taste in my mouth. As a casual i still have a lot i'd like to do in the game, but i'm feeling increasingly part of a slowly sinking ship with little to no hope for it's survival.

and Anet have gone quiet...

Why I am i still playing this game again?

Edit** rephrased as a question since this seems to have generated a lot of discussion, both positive and negative but interesting none the less.

Wow classic is a temporary game. People will get bored of it eventually. Asmongold is kitten. I dont find Lw episodes bad. They are very well done.And what it has to do with gem skin? WoW is a paid game and still it sells mounts. So don't even start that.The Game is Great and the content is great. You are playing it because you Like the game or your a Causal. Yes i do believe they can make things better in pvp and wvw.

If all you looking for in new lw episodes are story, we have nothing to talk about.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:GW2 never grew on twitch because for some reason, its always been a game thats more fun to play yourself than watch someone else play it.

I mean, that's what happens if you ban the biggest streamer shortly after launch in your overzealousness. The early days are very important.

Who got banned?

There were two scenarios of permas.

During launch of the game (before TP was available) it was possible to buy items for karma and sell them to a merchant for copper or salvage them for loot, such as platinum. People were perma'd for doing this.

The second wave of permas occurred during Wintersday, when they allowed people to craft Rare krait weapons for snowflakes, and salvage for ectos. This so-called "unintended" behaviour lasted weeks. When people attempted to reach out, they refused to communicate publicly if it was a "unintended", until coming out again with surprise permas towards the very end of wintersday. (The irony is that in 2019 Ectos dropped hard anyway.)

For more information:

Karma "trick"

Snowflake "trick"

Both scenarios may have killed momentum.

I am not editorializing. I am merely attempting to recall the history of GW2 as it happened in 2012.

GW2 is dying just like any other 7 year old game. It's not being killed by anything but time and unfortunately, there's not enough upkeep of the game to minimize the amount of people that are leaving the game. So what you're seeing is just the steady flow of people moving on after playing a game for anywhere from 1-7 years. People who say "the game is dying" are typically people who have been playing the game for at least a few years. Well yeah, a few years ago the game had more people. The game was also newer.

I think the biggest problem is there's just no real competitive dynamic appeal to the game, in any mode. WvW certainly isn't super competitive anymore with map blobs hiding behind t3 siege until they have an overwhelming force to push out under their own siege and wipe the smaller group, not to mention people care less about winning matchups after 7 years. PvE has raids but it doesn't take that much to get far in raids, just run the right builds for your party and know your rotations and it just becomes a time drag. Even PvP which arguably has the most competitive with its seasons and leagues, gets dry after a while because it's easy enough to cheese your way up tiers with some broken build and then when you get high enough there's not much to do after so frequently PvP-ers will play when the Season drops then will rise in the rankings to a point and quit until the next season.

There just isn't that much competitive appeal to keep gamers in the game. Nothing to strive to after a while, but that's not killing the game, it's just not keeping people in the game after all this time, because nothing has really changed since ANet has expressed that they don't want to make GW2 a competitive game, which is fine, but people are eventually gonna get bored and leave then.

I hope he quits. I've followed him for a while and most of his steams echoes the same exact message. My opinion wow classic is the perfect fit for him. It's Gw2 without the dodge that trades a progression system focused on looks and convenience for an actual progression system that improves character qualities that matter.. And that game created in 2004 has something for everyone of all skill levels Including a wvw system that works in the actual world not something cut off from the world.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is GW2 went too casual, you need some higher end gameplay or all you have is a simulator. I really think they should support the more competitive game modes so the people that raid/pvp/wvw get some love. You cant have a game thats too casual or too hardcore, there has to be a nice balance for both.