No Offense.. Dont want to hurt anyone's feelings... But..

Guild wars 2 is better game than world of wowcraft. Heres why :-Better Graphics-Better Combat System-Better Character Creation (More presets, hair , hair color , character height and more)-Better Mounts-Better Cosmetics .. Outfits. (You rarely see people with same outfits)-Better Questing Sytem-No monthly subscription payment-No Gear treadmil.-Better Dungeons ( I see people say gw2 dungeon is bad.. but for me its just different.. if you dont like it doesnt mean its bad)-No race locked proffesions-Better Guild system ( You can have more than 1 guild at a time.. and gw2 have guild hall.. wow of wowcraft doesnt )-Better Cinematics-Better storyline-Better Raids

• Better holiday events and weekly events
  • Better Lore
  • Less emote means better sometimes. ( in wow of wowcraft you can emote /spit other players.. this promotes more toxic behaviour among players)-Better Pvp system

Okay i am done. I can say alot more why gw2 is better but that is enough evidence.

Hope i dont offend anyone. Just my opinions :wink:

Played wow, got addicted and played too much and slept too little, then I played and stuck to other mmorpg until I found ffxivWould still be playing that if my life didnt demanded my time.

Found gw2 saw the griffon and I've been playing it ever since.

Tried wow again some time later but I found it less smooth then gw2 and left pretty quickly.

If I go back to ffxiv I might play it more because of the awesome music but we'll see about that.

I'm just going to add my opinion to your opinion:

@"knomslayer.9457" said:Guild wars 2 is better game than world of wowcraft. Heres why :

I really don't think you can say one game is better than the other one (It's Warcraft* by the way)

- Better Graphics

Debatable, I really like WoW's cartoony graphic. I do like GW2 artstyle more, but I do think WoW's style has it's very own charm.

- Better Combat System

GW2 does feel more fluid, but I do think WoW's combat has more depth.

- Better Character Creation (More presets, hair , hair color , character height and more)

Yes

- Better Mounts

Better movement in GW2, more/better designs in WoW

- Better Cosmetics .. Outfits. (You rarely see people with same outfits)

GW2 wins in quality, since a lot of items are outdated in WoW / some skins are just "painted" on the character skin. Quantity wise WoW obviously wins.

- Better Questing Sytem

Some people love traditional questing, since some stories are better told there. I do prefer the storytelling in WoW.

- No monthly subscription paymentPoint goes to GW2.

- No Gear treadmil.

Gear treadmills aren't necessarily a bad thing, so I don't think this is a point where GW2 "wins". Some people enjoy gear treadmills, that's why games like PoE are so popular.

- Better Dungeons ( I see people say gw2 dungeon is bad.. but for me its just different.. if you dont like it doesnt mean its bad)

No, WoW's dungeons are better.

- No race locked proffesions

Since it is tied to WoW lore it makes sense that there aren't things like tauren rogues.

- Better Guild system ( You can have more than 1 guild at a time.. and gw2 have guild hall.. wow of wowcraft doesnt )

I honestly think both Guild systems are pretty bad, so i wouldn't give any game a point here.

- Better Cinematics

No. WoW Cinematics are way above GW2's in quality.

- Better storyline

Debatable, I really like how there are a lot of small side-stories in WoW, yes GW2 does have them too, but not to the same extent. I honestly think WoW wins storywise.

- Better Raids

No.

- Better holiday events and weekly events

I agree, GW2's holiday event + side content is better.

- Better Lore

Same point as storyline, I think WoW wins.

- Less emote means better sometimes. ( in wow of wowcraft you can emote /spit other players.. this promotes more toxic behaviour among players)

Having more emotes is better, GW2 is still missing some crucial emotes like /clap.

- Better Pvp system

No, we're still stuck with conquest, while WoW has a wide variety of modes. I also think WoW's pvp, while slower, is more skill based based on interrupts etc.

Edit: Formatting, old post used too much spaceEdit: I'm bad at formatting.

you're wrong on few things. lore and storyline is worse than wow. raiding feels it's much easier than wow's raid so i don't think gw2 raids are better and we only have 7 wings and each has 2-4 bosses.having less emotes is bad actually, doing /spit is funny but in your words "no offense".

in pvp ohh boi, you're so wrong about it.pvp games are bad compared to wow. in wow you have 2v2 and 3v3 arenas while in gw2 you have 5v5 that you can never premade in ranked and it resets each season, they only do it for rewards and throw games. this game force you to yolo solo queue. you don't have real bg like 10v10 or 15v15 like in wow with CTF and other type of games.you don't have open world pvp which makes the open world kind of boring unlike in wow and albion you're always in danger which is more fun.we don't even have GvG altho the game called guild wars 2 while in gw1 you had GvG. makes no sense.

you can't just list everything and say all are better than wow. you're really biased.

I've always preferred the Guild Wars universe, graphics and music but I also enjoyed my time in WoW. I kind of liked the holy trinity (tank, healer, dps) in dungeons. And I think the story telling in GW2 could be better. I think WoW was better at guiding me through quests so I didn't need to refer to something like Dulfy/wiki as often (but then again I was using several addons).

Lol I tried to play wow with a bud, got to a cave and saw some blotchy rectangular thing on a ledge I think was a vase or a flowerpot as I cant be sure lmao combat was atrocious, slow and clunky. I tried but after about 30 hrs couldnt handle it anymore lol but I can see why it woulda been popular 18 yrs ago tho lmao

After playing WoW for the better part of a year, I found an awful lot in it to be cynical and unhappy about. I prefer GW2. People may be able to articulate why they prefer one game to another. For me, the speed of combat and the lack of the (by me, despised) global CD alone is enough to prefer GW2. However, preferences are subjective. At the end of the day, whether a particular aspect of a game is better than the same aspect of another game is a matter of opinion.

That said, quantity has a quality of its own. No MMO has surpassed WoW's numbers. The very fact that people compare it to GW2 (favorably or unfavorably) is telling. Had WoW not had the impact on the MMO genre that it obviously has had, there would be no such comparisons.

@"Draco.9480" said:you're wrong on few things. lore and storyline is worse than wow. raiding feels it's much easier than wow's raid so i don't think gw2 raids are better and we only have 7 wings and each has 2-4 bosses.having less emotes is bad actually, doing /spit is funny but in your words "no offense".

in pvp ohh boi, you're so wrong about it.pvp games are bad compared to wow. in wow you have 2v2 and 3v3 arenas while in gw2 you have 5v5 that you can never premade in ranked and it resets each season, they only do it for rewards and throw games. this game force you to yolo solo queue. you don't have real bg like 10v10 or 15v15 like in wow with CTF and other type of games.you don't have open world pvp which makes the open world kind of boring unlike in wow and albion you're always in danger which is more fun.we don't even have GvG altho the game called guild wars 2 while in gw1 you had GvG. makes no sense.

you can't just list everything and say all are better than wow. you're really biased.

Yes he is biased. As, according to your own post, are you.

GW2 has ruined all other mmos for me. It just does so much right and sets standards high enough that I say almost no other mmo achieve.Some examples include;

• Archeage
  • 9Dragons
  • Perfect World
  • Maple Story 2
  • Blade & Soul
  • Reverlations Online
  • TERA
  • Final Fantasy XIV
  • Black Desert Online
  • Mabinogi
  • Soulworkers

While GW2 may not be perfect, in my opinion it is the best overall MMO out there currently.

I played wow for years, I was ther when the first server went live many many years ago. The mony just got to much for me each month then a friend told me about guild wars. I tried the free version and really liked it then my friend gave me the expansions. I will never go back to wow again.

@knomslayer.9457 said:Guild wars 2 is better game than world of wowcraft. Heres why :-Better Graphics-Better Combat System-Better Character Creation (More presets, hair , hair color , character height and more)-Better Mounts-Better Cosmetics .. Outfits. (You rarely see people with same outfits)-Better Questing Sytem-No monthly subscription payment-No Gear treadmil.-Better Dungeons ( I see people say gw2 dungeon is bad.. but for me its just different.. if you dont like it doesnt mean its bad)-No race locked proffesions-Better Guild system ( You can have more than 1 guild at a time.. and gw2 have guild hall.. wow of wowcraft doesnt )-Better Cinematics-Better storyline-Better Raids

• Better holiday events and weekly events
  • Better Lore
  • Less emote means better sometimes. ( in wow of wowcraft you can emote /spit other players.. this promotes more toxic behaviour among players)-Better Pvp system

Okay i am done. I can say alot more why gw2 is better but that is enough evidence.

Hope i dont offend anyone. Just my opinions :wink:

I recently tried WoW again. My thoughts...

• GW2 clearly has better graphics and more/better character/equipment customization options. No contest.
  • No subscription is obviously a plus, but I would gladly pay a subscription if it meant getting more of what I want out of GW2. The development schedule leaves much to be desired.
  • I agree on mounts. GW2's mounts are very well-designed, for the most part. In terms of pure convenience, nothing beats a WoW flying mount. But given that GW2 travel is generally more convenient and their mounts are considerably more fun to play with, I'm going to give it to GW2 on this one.
  • Questing. I agree once again. I much prefer the event-based structure to endless fetch/kill quests.
  • Gear treadmill. This one is a draw for me, potentially leaning toward WoW's system. Finding an item upgrade is more enjoyable than simply finding trash to sell for gold so that you can buy your next cosmetic piece. Further, with so many difficulty tiers, there is a system of progression to match the upgrades.
  • Better raids and dungeons? GW2? No. Just no. It isn't that the dungeons (well, fractals, really, because dungeons are understandably bad) are bad so much as the decision to avoid tanking and healing roles in group content makes the gameplay feel one-dimensional. Everyone is a flavor of DPS/support in GW2, which WoW also has...in addition to tanking and healing. All of that is missing in GW2 and their instanced group PvE content suffers as a result. WoW also has like 100 times as much raid/dungeon content to offer.
  • Race-locked professions? A win for GW2, I guess? This doesn't really matter much to me.
  • Multiple guilds? Yes! I do like that about GW2.
  • Better story/cinematics/lore? I can agree with that. WoW has a ton of lore behind it, but I really don't feel it does a very good job of making the player a part of it. I feel the lack of the storyline in WoW.
  • Better holiday events? Okay, I wouldn't really care all that much about this, but SAB is brilliant (just needs some development love!) and I care a lot more about the cosmetic options GW2 releases related to their holiday events than I do about WoW rewards.
  • Emotes? Who cares? But generally speaking, more is better. WoW wins a small victory here.
  • Better PvP system? You must be joking! WoW again offers 100 times more content to support their PvP game mode than GW2's barely supported PvP/WvW. I'll grant you that the GW2 combat system feels a lot more satisfying than WoW's relatively slow and passive old-school style, but I already gave GW2 credit on that score. GW2 needs to work on developing their PvP/WvW and do a better job with class balancing.

To sum it all up, I think GW2 is the better game for me, but I do look at WoW with envy in several areas. I really wish GW2 had more development resources like WoW does, and I wouldn't mind paying a subscription to have it (not that I'm suggesting they do that). PvP/WvW suffer badly from this issue, which is a shame because this game's fast, mobile combat system feels pretty great to me in PvP. On the PvE side of things, more resources would be good, of course, but the biggest issue is non-trinity gameplay. This is in no way innovative. You removed tanks and healers and replaced them with nothing. WoW has DPS/support roles, too. How is it better to have fewer roles? I don't get it.

Everything else is great. I like the story, the map design, open world gameplay is way better in GW2 than in WoW. Cosmetic and convenience features are also miles above WoW. But I'm not playing either game right now. WoW because I just don't really like it. GW2 because while I want to like it, the lack of development (no expansion? only 1 game mode in PvP? what have you done besides the warclaw with WvW in the past...forever??) and odd design decisions (no trinity?) really detract from the things I want to do in this game. I can only run around your beautiful and fantastic playground of and open world while grinding pointless loot for so long, you know. I need more!

@Zephyr.5382 said:

@"knomslayer.9457" said:Guild wars 2 is better game than world of wowcraft. Heres why ::-1:-Better Combat SystemThis, alone, has ruined other MMOs for me--most recently ESO, where I sidestepped a fireball and still got hit by it. I had forgotten that style of MMO combat. Yeah...I can't go back....

LoL Yeah I tried ESO recently, too. Top notch questing and story-telling, much better in that area than GW2 or WoW, in my opinion. Graphics were very different in style to that of GW2, but on a similar level (personally, I prefer GW2 that way). That combat system though. The movement feels so floaty and imprecise as is the hit detection. But the main thing that killed it for me was the way they have it set up so you burn through your resources quickly and then have to use these slow channeled "heavy" auto-attacks to gain it back. It throws the pacing of combat all off for me. I just couldn't like it even though the game otherwise seemed pretty solid.

I also tried Blade and Soul. Personally, I hate the anime-style graphics, but the environments were otherwise beautiful. They only give you 2 character slots and you have to purchase more from the cash shop. Unfortunately, trying out their classes (which seemed very cool!) is made very frustrating by the fact that it appears there is only one open world story to play through (or at least, that's as far as I got with it because I quit over these issues). Rolling up a different race or class still puts you through the same linear quest system. But the combat system was quite remarkable. It has more of a fighting game feel to it than an MMO with intricate skill combos, slow-motion zoom effects, etc. It looks and feels absolutely awesome! It makes me wish BnS were just a PvP game without the whole leveling open world part. If I could just fight in that game without otherwise playing it, I think it would be great!

Tried FFXIV, too. I didn't get very far. I imagine being a FF game, it has plenty of story to play through, but the quest system seems as WoW-clone generic as you can possibly get (hurr durr I'm an adventurer here to adventure...now let's go run some errands!). The graphics are better than WoW, but worse than any of these other games I've mentioned. But the real killer is the monster 2.5s GCD (!?!?!) that makes combat the worst I've ever seen in any MMO. I don't know how this game is popular. The gameplay is just horrible.

If I could get ESO's story-telling/questing elements, GW2's open world/event structure, the combat system of BnS, the resources and sheer amount of content of WoW, with BDO's graphics and trinity gameplay in instanced PvE, I think I might find MMO heaven.

@knomslayer.9457 said:Guild wars 2 is better game than world of wowcraft. Heres why :-Better Graphicsdebatable-Better Combat SystemFF2 has a better battle system than GW2, GW2 has the worst any modern game can have-Better Character Creation (More presets, hair , hair color , character height and more)true-Better Mountsin function, true, in choice, not in a million years-Better Cosmetics .. Outfits. (You rarely see people with same outfits)debatable-Better Questing Sytemlol nope, GW2 has no quests so how can it have a better one without one?-No monthly subscription paymenttrue-No Gear treadmil.true-Better Dungeons ( I see people say gw2 dungeon is bad.. but for me its just different.. if you dont like it doesnt mean its bad)debatable-No race locked proffesionstrue-Better Guild system ( You can have more than 1 guild at a time.. and gw2 have guild hall.. wow of wowcraft doesnt )true-Better Cinematicsfalse-Better storylinefalse but debatable-Better Raidsfalse but debatable

• Better holiday events and weekly eventsthat's a tie
  • Better Lorefalse by miles
  • Less emote means better sometimes. ( in wow of wowcraft you can emote /spit other players.. this promotes more toxic behaviour among players)false-Better Pvp systemno idea, i don't pvp anywhere

I sincerely appreciate the comments guys, but yeah we can agree to disagree. Lastly i want to share my experience last week playing wow. Just started playing wow again after a long time.. then 20 minutes into the game while questing my character died by drowning lmao. Too much gw2 i guess :smiley: