[Merged] Oh cool you must buy more build slots

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@InvaGir.9158 said:Nothing makes them happy and greatful and they just spill neagtivity everywhere and make people like me and you mad.They should just leave the game imo because they're obviously not happy here :\

Seriously, the entitlement displayed by so many people here is just disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Of COURSE Anet is going to offer something basic, and commoditize more of it. How ELSE are people's salaries at Anet going to be paid? Nobody here pays a monthly fee. Without the salaries paid to the people who actually, you know, make the game, THE GAME WOULD NOT EXIST.

Why is this so difficult for some of these entitled ungrateful players to understand? You want more slots? Just pay for them. Don't be a cheapskate. Keep the game alive.

Please make tab purchases for templates account wide. Character specific upgrades like bag slots are super underwhelming in a game that promotes having many characters as much as this one does and makes those purchases seem worthless. Account wide upgrades are much more appealing in an account based game.

@Cameryn.5310 said:

@InvaGir.9158 said:Nothing makes them happy and greatful and they just spill neagtivity everywhere and make people like me and you mad.They should just leave the game imo because they're obviously not happy here :\

Seriously, the entitlement displayed by so many people here is just disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Of COURSE Anet is going to offer something basic, and commoditize more of it. How ELSE are people's salaries at Anet going to be paid? Nobody here pays a monthly fee. Without the salaries paid to the people who actually, you know, make the game, THE GAME WOULD NOT EXIST.

Why is this so difficult for some of these entitled crybabies to understand?

Because they have a mentality that everyone else is just working for free for them so that they can have it all for free. They don’t care about the employees.

@"Trise.2865" said:"People caught stealing cable for years angry about paying for cable"

Nope, people who had access to a nice remote control that they got for free from third party (and which the cable company had no issue) are now annoyed that they not only do they get a worse remote, but that in order for the remote to be remotely useful to them they have to pay for features they already had for free in the third party remote that they no longer get to use.

he is talking about equipment templates and you showing him build templates (traits and utilitys)

You must admit that the whole thing is a bit confusing. Some upgrades will be character bound while others will be account-wide.

So, to clarify this: Build template storage will be account-wide while the max number of build tabs and equipment tabs will be character-specific and must be expanded via Gem Store per char?

he is talking about equipment templates and you showing him build templates (traits and utilitys)

You must admit that the whole thing is a bit confusing. Some upgrades will be character bound while others will be account-wide.

So, to clarify this: Build template storage will be account-wide while the max number of build tabs and equipment tabs will be character-specific and must be expanded via Gem Store
per char
?

As I understand it, you will get a list of 3-6 strings of text for your account (depending on whether you get the free ones), which you can pay to expand to up to 24 strings of text. You can copy/paste from that list to a character-specific list of 3 strings of text, and you can pay on a character by character basis to expand that to 6 strings of text.

Or you can open notepad in a separate window and get infinity strings of text for your account, to be assigned to your characters as you please, for free. Until they ban everyone running GW2 on Windows for violating TOS.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:I still don't get it...and probably won't till I actually try and use it.

The left side (shared template storage) is just for sharing builds, it does not automatically store a build template you create (right side). You can have a maximum of 6 build and 6 equipment templates stored per char, they don't automatically go into the shared storage unless you save them. The maximum number for shared templates is 24 per account (of which only 3 are for free). Additional build or equipment tabs (right side) must be purchased per character.

quick question in regarding to the slots. Given arcdps is approved by ANet, even tho they prefer not to. Does this even matter? I mean lets be honest most of us uses the third party app, which on its own can/does have build templates add-on. Does having limited slots in the actual one ingame even matter?

@GWMO.4785 said:quick question in regarding to the slots. Given arcdps is approved by ANet, even tho they prefer not to. Does this even matter? I mean lets be honest most of us uses the third party app, which on its own can/does have build templates add-on. Does having limited slots in the actual one ingame even matter?

Arcdps was only allowed to have build templates until ANet released their own official ones. The creator of arcdps will be removing the build templates from arcdps when the official ANet build templates goes live in game.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:The left side (shared template storage) is just for sharing builds, it does not automatically store a build template you create (right side). You can have a maximum of 6 build and 6 equipment templates stored per char, they don't automatically go into the shared storage unless you save them. The maximum number for shared templates is 24 per account (of which only 3 are for free). Additional build or equipment tabs (right side) must be purchased per character.

I just watched the whole video and never caught them flat out saying that. It's disheartening, though. It killed ESO Outfit tabs (which is a Wardrobe thing). People there simply chose not to buy any tabs beyond the base one per character rather than pay a high price in crowns (their "gems") for one tab for one character that would be lost if the character were deleted. Even at a 50% discount sale, folks kept their wallets closed. I predict a similar result here, though I think the RL cost of GW2 tabs will be substantially lower than the blatant price gouging in ESO.

At least since I don't WvW or sPvP nearly often enough to care about builds there and in PvE I go years on the same build, if I want an RP tab to change up my look I have that option without clogging bag space. Still, I'll hesitate to expand the tabs given the limited application of the purchase.

@Neutra.6857 said:Nope, people who had access to a nice remote control that they got for free from third party (and which the cable company had no issue) are now annoyed that they not only do they get a worse remote, but that in order for the remote to be remotely useful to them they have to pay for features they already had for free in the third party remote that they no longer get to use.

You had years of a third party remote control and nobody will ever take away those memories... but now, the guy who owns the TV would like to keep his job, so he's gonna charge you a small fee for a brand spanking new remote control.

Pay the man his fee, because if he doesn't get paid, that TV is gonna go away. Permanently. Forever. No more TV. No more third party remote control. No more nothin'.

Life is hard. Life is change. This is just a game. So, just deal with it... Everyone should stop acting like entitled ingrates. It's just embarrassing.

@Seera.5916 said:

@"GWMO.4785" said:quick question in regarding to the slots. Given arcdps is approved by ANet, even tho they prefer not to. Does this even matter? I mean lets be honest most of us uses the third party app, which on its own can/does have build templates add-on. Does having limited slots in the actual one ingame even matter?

Arcdps was only allowed to have build templates until ANet released their own official ones. The creator of arcdps will be removing the build templates from arcdps when the official ANet build templates goes live in game.

I've missed out on this. Do we know why? Like, is it because he no longer felt the need for it? Or did ANet suppress the creator duo to w/e reason? I mean from a "consumer" perspective, so far, it makes a lot of sense for a player to keep using the build templates add-on in arcdps.

@GWMO.4785 said:

@GWMO.4785 said:quick question in regarding to the slots. Given arcdps is approved by ANet, even tho they prefer not to. Does this even matter? I mean lets be honest most of us uses the third party app, which on its own can/does have build templates add-on. Does having limited slots in the actual one ingame even matter?

I've missed out on this. Do we know why? Like, is it because he no longer felt the need for it? Or did ANet suppress the creator duo to w/e reason? I mean from a "consumer" perspective, so far, it makes a lot of sense for a player to keep using the build templates add-on in arcdps.

anet allowed arcdps templates, because they did not have their own. And that was deal between anet and arc, once anet release their own, arc is not allowed to update his

@GWMO.4785 said:

Because technically the templates add on broke TOS on approved add ons. ANet just waived it since it was such a popular request from players giving the creator a stipulation that if/once they release an official version he has to stop supporting his add on.

@vyncius.6105 said:anet allowed arcdps templates, because they did not have their own. And that was deal between anet and arc, once anet release their own, arc is not allowed to update his

@Seera.5916 said:Because technically the templates add on broke TOS on approved add ons. ANet just waived it since it was such a popular request from players giving the creator a stipulation that if/once they release an official version he has to stop supporting his add on.ok, i see. thanks for the info

@yumi.5170 said:I would be fine with that. I just came here to ask if we could move the tabs we buy around, so that if I delete a char or if a class gets nerfed to the ground i could use that slot somewhere else. But i would be okay with this idea.

I'd assume that outdated templates could at least be overwritten when you wanted to update them. Rather to put in a new class's stuff or to change up an existing class's build.

Don't know about the reordering of the tabs though.