Is it time for Mount Packs to include the Skyscale?

Josiah.2967

Given that adding three more skins to the other mount packs would no doubt cause their price to go up, I'd be more likely to be interested in separate LWS4 mount packs that had skins for the beetle, warclaw and skyscale. If there is another mount or two to come from the Icebrood Saga, I'd be okay to wait until they were revealed and include those. I'd rather keep them split and it be easier to buy a PoF set now and complete it with a Season 4 set later, or vice versa, than have them combined and the price put them out of reach if they came out at the wrong time between paychecks.

All mount packs should include versions for all mounts regardless if the player has unlocked the mount or not. Mount packs should be the bang for buck items in the gem store. I wouldn't mind paying $25 if I knew that all future mounts would have that skin option.

A full game or expansion is $25-30. Yes there are titles that are $60 but people are crazy to pay that for a video game. What things are worth is very out of whack and I believe that has hurt ANet in the long run. Cheaper cosmetics actually translates to more sales and more loyal customer base.

@MokahTGS.7850 said:All mount packs should include versions for all mounts regardless if the player has unlocked the mount or not. Mount packs should be the bang for buck items in the gem store. I wouldn't mind paying $25 if I knew that all future mounts would have that skin option.

A full game or expansion is $25-30. Yes there are titles that are $60 but people are crazy to pay that for a video game. What things are worth is very out of whack and I believe that has hurt ANet in the long run. Cheaper cosmetics actually translates to more sales and more loyal customer base.

Except they've already addressed this with the first skyscale pack. The problem is back porting mount pack with the skyscale only has a 1 in N chance of giving the player what they want, and an N/1 chance of requiring the player to buy a whole different pack just to get the 1 or more skyscale skins they want. The only ones who benefit are the ones who already own everything (and shown that money is not a limitation), while simultaneously breeding resentment in everyone else.

What they ended up doing makes the most sense from business standpoint...... They created a new Skyskale pack that includes a set of skins made to match other Theme'd skin packs. This puts a minimum investment, like all the other mount packs, but increases the odds of people who want multiple skins are getting them without having to buy multiple packs. Whats surprised me though, is I assumed they would had released a larger number of 2k skins for the Skyscale by now; since thats a huge money making opportunity given its current novelty.

We need an additional 2 more mounts first

My vote is for 1 underwater mount and then something else that i've got no ideas on atm.

I don't think adding more than 10 mounts total will be worth doing in Gw2Once we have that healthy 10 though it will be time to start releasing a second set of themed mounts.. Spooky mounts 2.. Branded mounts 2 etcAtm is a real cluster..... with themed mounts split across so many different licences Starbound mounts need a theme pack, exalted.. the list goes on an on.

To be honest. I was excited for the new mount pack and then realized is was the 'base' mounts, no roller beetle (like why? could easily had done a pumpkin beetle), skyscale or warclaw so I passed on it. I don't even care if it raises the price to include them all, I just want a mount pack skin that includes all the mounts. :/

I'm not so concerned about the Skyscale being included in existing packs as I am with the general way mount skins are packaged. I can never tell which licenses I still need or if I already own all the skins in a pack, so when someone tries to gift one to me, I'm always terrified they'll have wasted their money.

I'd like if they added a general mount skin selection item to the store; I know such a thing exists because we've seen examples of it in the past (They're like dye choosy kits that let you pick a particular set of themed dyes and then a specific dye within that). If they can't do such a broad item, they could at least sell a mount-specific choosy item that gets updated with new skins at whatever timetable ArenaNet is comfortable with. That way you still have a choice, the item isn't useless, and ArenaNet can hold off on adding the latest skin until they're satisfied with how it has sold in whatever pack they put it in.

The fancy 2,000 gem skins wouldn't be included in this, naturally.