Why run as a 3+ gank squad when other teams only have solos running around ?

Sansar.1302

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:When solos come in here to complain about gankers they get told to bring a friend, now they bring friends wanna tell them to come solo?Besides people want easy bags.

I think this is probably the best answer. Groups like the ones described by the op are usually -- though ofc not always -- made up of players who are unable to run alone or in smaller numbers so they bring help. I don't see it as a problem, I feel like if they have enough success with 5v1 they might one day try 4v1, etc and eventually become more capable that way . . .

Mostly those kind of grps I run into are Gold or Diamond Legends, low ranks dont seam to be that afraid to die or come 3+ to defend a camp from one person.Cant see how that behaviour is any good fore a game mode with low population.These are usually people that exchanged their real life for wvw. You find them for 12 hours a day in the game for the last 7 years. They run cheese builds that don't exist in pvp because of skill splittings and so are overpowered for smallscale encounters. They don't participate in the game mode (flipping and defending structures or camps, not even scouting). They only defend a camp or tower if they can get easy kills there, not for the war score.

They are just trolling and ganking at the same spots every week (usually the moment SM goes T3 for their server they show up and start to gank players leaving their keep). Every server has quite a few of them. Best thing is to feel pity for them and thank anet for the mount.

I play like that , always alone not with gank grp. I lurk around south camp alpine and most days I can get 10-20 kill streak before the gank grps wakes up and chase you all around as soon as they spot you leaving no room for solo players :(

And 1 vs 1 is NEVER ganking, its the most balanced combat you can have in GW2 in my opinion.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sansar.1302 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:When solos come in here to complain about gankers they get told to bring a friend, now they bring friends wanna tell them to come solo?Besides people want easy bags.

I think this is probably the best answer. Groups like the ones described by the op are usually -- though ofc not always -- made up of players who are unable to run alone or in smaller numbers so they bring help. I don't see it as a problem, I feel like if they have enough success with 5v1 they might one day try 4v1, etc and eventually become more capable that way . . .

Mostly those kind of grps I run into are Gold or Diamond Legends, low ranks dont seam to be that afraid to die or come 3+ to defend a camp from one person.Cant see how that behaviour is any good fore a game mode with low population.These are usually people that exchanged their real life for wvw. You find them for 12 hours a day in the game for the last 7 years. They run cheese builds that don't exist in pvp because of skill splittings and so are overpowered for smallscale encounters. They don't participate in the game mode (flipping and defending structures or camps, not even scouting). They only defend a camp or tower if they can get easy kills there, not for the war score.

They are just trolling and ganking at the same spots every week (usually the moment SM goes T3 for their server they show up and start to gank players leaving their keep). Every server has quite a few of them. Best thing is to feel pity for them and thank anet for the mount.

I play like that , always alone not with gank grp. I lurk around south camp alpine and most days I can get 10-20 kill streak before the gank grps wakes up and chase you all around as soon as they spot you leaving no room for solo players :(

And 1 vs 1 is NEVER ganking, its the most balanced combat you can have in GW2 in my opinion.

Unfortunately, 'as balanced as gw2 allows' and 'ganking' are not mutually exclusive :p

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:When solos come in here to complain about gankers they get told to bring a friend, now they bring friends wanna tell them to come solo?Besides people want easy bags.

I always get a laugh out of people who think this way. If they get ganked enough by the same player(s) they start making excuses to protect themselves saying the ganker(s) can't win without numbers, towers, OP builds, etc. etc. Instead of trying to figure out what they're doing wrong, they spend all their time blaming the enemy for what doesn't adhere to their definition of "fair."

WvW is effectively open world PvP. Never expect anyone to help you and never expect anyone to fight fair. If you don't care about winning, take every risk you're willing to take. Just remember not to blame the enemy when they take advantage of the disposition you brought upon yourself.That means if you purposefully go against the odds and lose, it isn't on your enemy for that loss. It's on you for being over confident and thinking you'd win. There's no shame in fighting as a team just like there's no shame in waiting until a team is at their weakest to dive in.

"The hardest lessons you learn are the ones you've been told."

@Sansar.1302 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

You choose to go solo in a mode where teams can be sized up to 50+, so why you complaining on forum? Get friends to fight back or go spvp, but complaining on the forum isn’t gonna help you. It actually looks silly.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

You choose to go solo in a mode where teams can be sized up to 50+, so why you complaining on forum? Get friends to fight back or go spvp, but complaining on the forums isn’t gonna help you. It actually looks silly

He's not. He's the guy ppl complain about. He lurks south camp like near vet creature and camp and jumps solos all day most likely a mez or teef and says that's not ganking. I would need more info on class/spec he plays but if he is lying in wait and jumping unsuspecting players there that def is ganking but who knows

Oh, so (s)he ganker who qq about gettin’ ganked?

@XenesisII.1540 said:kitten, can you guys stop multi quoting, I got on today with messages for 7 replies in this thread and get in here and none of it was to me lmao.Ok.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

You choose to go solo in a mode where teams can be sized up to 50+, so why you complaining on forum? Get friends to fight back or go spvp, but complaining on the forums isn’t gonna help you. It actually looks silly

He's not. He's the guy ppl complain about. He lurks south camp like near vet creature and camp and jumps solos all day most likely a mez or teef and says that's not ganking. I would need more info on class/spec he plays but if he is lying in wait and jumping unsuspecting players there that def is ganking but who knows

Oh, so (s)he ganker who qq about gettin’ ganked?Doesnt gankers always do that?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:kitten, can you guys stop multi quoting, I got on today with messages for 7 replies in this thread and get in here and none of it was to me lmao.Ok.

@Gop.8713 said:

I think that’s how the cycle usually goes, where the ganker gets ganked by gankers while trying to gank, then the ganked ganker gets mad and posts on the forums about getting ganked by gankers.

Does that seem accurate in your experience?

Lol. Not all roamers are gankers. Just because you die to a solo player doesnt mean you were ganked. Stop being farmable and you wont be farmed. I play by myself most of the time. Sometimes up to two others. I will fight most groups of three with or without them. Sometimes more but anything past that starts to get exponentially more unwinnable due to even just random floating damage. Use terrain and kite more. A lot of times if there are three of us we will run up to one person and two of us will stay on our mounts and let the other have the 1v1. I feel the way we handle it is better than 3v1ing someone, but if you're taking an objective youre fair game for the 3v1. Just learn to accept it and move on. People will band together if they enjoy that more and that is okay. I don't expect everyone to roam or duel and I don't expect everyone to zerg. Just consider the fun of others when you have your own fun and we'll all be okay.

I see more and more people waypointing from 1 person yet they still run around alone. You know the type to WP the moment you head towards them. I just wonder if those people would have more fun with a group and how long they'll stay around if they don't find one. I'd prefer not to get ran over by a zerg, but I'd also prefer for that person to join the zerg or havoc group before they quit playing because they find themselves overwhelmed alone. Just remember that not everyone has the same skill or ability and that them playing how they have fun is better than them not playing at all.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

I think that’s how the cycle usually goes, where the ganker gets ganked by gankers while trying to gank, then the ganked ganker gets mad and posts on the forums about getting ganked by gankers.

Then your gank post gets ganked by fact gankers who gank the gankety gankgankgankgankgank

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Then your gank post gets ganked by fact gankers who gank the gankety gankgankgankgankgank

I've noticed that trend as well from forum fact gankers who gank the gankety gankgankgankgankgank out of the ganked ganker that gets mad and posts on the forums about getting ganked by gankers.

@Gop.8713 said:

well, outside of prime time, one also parties up with 2 or 3 guild mates and do some low level stuff like flipping camps, sneak towers, killing dolies etc pp. And sometimes you run into a tryhard solo holo or deadeye. What are you supposed to do? Not kill him? But deadeyes deserve all the pain!

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Last month I saw 5 roamers jump on a recruit rank PvE guy trying to do his dailies and then proceed to comment that his skill was terrible.I told them if they wanted a good fight, there are a few skilled enemy roamers in the middle map ganking players going by.They ignored me and avoided riding past the middle map :s

you attack where your opponent is weak. =)

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:Best squads are them 5-7 player grp, that is 50% support who "claim" they fight out numbered when in reality they goto nc, farm pugs until eventually they get over run.

I do enjoy fighting those groups. Ofc you die some but you're right next to spawn so it costs nothing, and you're always able to beat them with less than they probably imagine. Plus, once they start to lose their mobility classes tuck tail and run, which is always an entertaining sight :)

@Gop.8713 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I think it's funny when literally most of a whole blob chase my thief alone through half the map to run over me in less than a second lol. I figure either must be a slow night or it's just people's demeanor, prob a bit of both.

Asking why ppl chase is like asking why ppl run. You can't have one without the other . . .

Ummm what? I can see why a single player would run from a group of 20+ but I find it funny as hell when a group of 20+ chase one enemy half way across the map so no to me it's not the same thing.