Core Power Mesmer Is Nasty Toxic Nonesense

Trevor Boyer.6524

@Shao.7236 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I donno dont think it's fair to tilt to mesmer alone. This whole game is utter garbage these days and condi as a whole is at a ridiculous level. All u see is condi guards/dh, dire weavers,mirages etc pretty much anything with condi builds are overperforming.
Each point in conquest is like wvw with scourges it's just perma covered in condis
, real fun and if it's not some ridiculous condi burst build(yeah condi's are so OP right now it's a burst worth each tick) than it's some complete cheese power build built to hard cc and strip the opponent to 0 hp in 2 sec flat. That's all this game is nowadays. Hate to think what the population will be next yr lol

Pointing fingers at Necromancer Profession....Necromancer is a condition base Profession; what else should be expected from them? while Thief Profession is an All-In-One Meta Build Profession...(yes there there is a profession in guild wars 2 who is the Meta itself and who have total control of it at will) who continually being excused and justified for their complete role of guild wars 2 being Toxic in the first place

Unlike All-In-One Meta Build Thief Profession who are continually protected by Anet for 7 years, Mesmer Profession are continually on their watch and are nerfed more

Infact, All-In-One Meta Build Thief Profession has been Toxic to the game since guild wars 2 beta and are given more privilege with free pass than every profession in the game to do whatever they want to destroy every potential healthy competitive gaming experience in guild wars 2 yet till this day, absolutely Nothing is done to address them?

Not even to go as far to rework this Toxic All-In-One Meta Profession for the well being of the game including its players?

All fingers should be pointed at this Toxicity until Anet truly want the best interest for the game including its players

Not pointing fingers atNecro at all. I'm saying in conquest condi's have become so rampant the nodes are being covered like zergs are by scourges in wvw. Burn guards,fire weavers,scourges/necrosis etc etc just spam condis on point every match all match. For fun I popped resistance on warrior and ran on point and watched my hp go 100-0 in literally 2 secs and that's after also using shake it off while having resistance my hp still tanked in seconds and that is not how condi's should be. It was like I got power burst by 3 players at the same time

You don't really want to stand on node when you know people have a lot of AoE's anyway unless you're build to face tank such pressure. Take your opportunities, some will guard nodes better for a while but not permanently.

Oh I kno lol I was just curious how long I'd last with resistance and shake it off.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I donno dont think it's fair to tilt to mesmer alone. This whole game is utter garbage these days and condi as a whole is at a ridiculous level. All u see is condi guards/dh, dire weavers,mirages etc pretty much anything with condi builds are overperforming.
Each point in conquest is like wvw with scourges it's just perma covered in condis
, real fun and if it's not some ridiculous condi burst build(yeah condi's are so OP right now it's a burst worth each tick) than it's some complete cheese power build built to hard cc and strip the opponent to 0 hp in 2 sec flat. That's all this game is nowadays. Hate to think what the population will be next yr lol

Pointing fingers at Necromancer Profession....Necromancer is a condition base Profession; what else should be expected from them? while Thief Profession is an All-In-One Meta Build Profession...(yes there there is a profession in guild wars 2 who is the Meta itself and who have total control of it at will) who continually being excused and justified for their complete role of guild wars 2 being Toxic in the first place

Unlike All-In-One Meta Build Thief Profession who are continually protected by Anet for 7 years, Mesmer Profession are continually on their watch and are nerfed more

Infact, All-In-One Meta Build Thief Profession has been Toxic to the game since guild wars 2 beta and are given more privilege with free pass than every profession in the game to do whatever they want to destroy every potential healthy competitive gaming experience in guild wars 2 yet till this day, absolutely Nothing is done to address them?

Not even to go as far to rework this Toxic All-In-One Meta Profession for the well being of the game including its players?

All fingers should be pointed at this Toxicity until Anet truly want the best interest for the game including its players

Not pointing fingers atNecro at all. I'm saying in conquest condi's have become so rampant the nodes are being covered like zergs are by scourges in wvw. Burn guards,fire weavers,scourges/necrosis etc etc just spam condis on point every match all match. For fun I popped resistance on warrior and ran on point and watched my hp go 100-0 in literally 2 secs and that's after also using shake it off while having resistance my hp still tanked in seconds and that is not how condi's should be. It was like I got power burst by 3 players at the same time

You don't really want to stand on node when you know people have a lot of AoE's anyway unless you're build to face tank such pressure. Take your opportunities, some will guard nodes better for a while but not permanently.

Oh I kno lol I was just curious how long I'd last with resistance and shake it off.

Condis deal 0 damage with resist up. Power damage killed you lol.Also you dont use reistance before you get hit with condis, you use it AFTER.

@Hylo.1968 said:

@"Liza.2758" said:u know i'm not defending the build but u can't really say there is no counter play

the counter play is simply ur reaction. u will most likely say how can u react to that in 1 - 2 sec.

The instant dead is very common in League. 1 shot from stealth 1 shot from brush 1 shot from dark area.

super fast reaction is part of what determined how good player is

something like this.

No. You clearly don't play Guild Wars 2 if you believe there is any counter play to any of this. Watch the first 60s of this video for an example of what I mean. Notice that you can't even see where the Mesmer is at all or where he was or where he is going, and by the time damage lands there is quite seriously "Zero reaction time." I mean this nasty disgusting bull@#$% is worse than Deadeye or Soulbeasts ever were. With Deadeyes and Soulbeasts, at least you can see them from time to time and get to hear noises or see animations before you get blown up. And even DE & Soulbeast damage doesn't actually instantly kill you. You may see your health quickly drop, but there is actually reaction time. This Power Mesmer #$%^ seriously gives you 0 reaction time.

It's garbage and completely worthy of a hotfix like CI was given.

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:Let me preface this by saying yes, i understand it's a meme build. It's easy to kill when you have invuln for the initial burst. Just Dodge. Only bad players die against power mes. Bring a reveal. Watch the minimap. etc.

GW2 pvp player population is at an all time low, imagine someone starting out in pvp running into this. Why on earth would they come back?

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:I am seriously getting tired of builds that can stealth in at you from 4000 some range and instantly drop your health from 100% to 0% with no tells.

It's a bad design that makes for a bad game that isn't fun to play.Am I the only one who thinks that this is a trollpost?

It's definitely not a troll post. I'm being 100% serious. And while we're talking about "trolling" this stupid high stealth uptime build also has of late been encouraging players to abuse speedhack & even telehack. Yeah, I'm an old player and I know the game well. I've known the game well for years and I keep up on every patch update. I know how far a Core Mesmer can realistically move across a map legitimately, whether it is stealthed or not. When I send a Mesmer on respawn from my home node in Legacy, and the dude is seriously back on top of me in like 10s,1HKOing me from stealth, that's enormously jacked up speed hack or tele hack, one or the other. That is not possible with just Blink & Super Speed. So yeah I'm pissed off about it. Because in this cause, speed hack and tele hack starts turning into this "auto kill" hack when it's being used on a build like Power Core Mesmer.

It's straight ruining not only ranked, but like unranked and ATs. It needs to be dealt with ASAP.

Idk if it's you on this necro, but your utilities were trash my boy.I can understand your complaint but I personally find power core mesmer fine. I could maybe ask for a change of the spammable mantra of pain.

That's not me in the video.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Condis deal 0 damage with resist up. Power damage killed you lol.Also you dont use reistance before you get hit with condis, you use it AFTER.

No power damage did not kill me but good try. Goes without saying my boons were currupted or stripped repeatedly while eating insane condi ticks which is my point. Condi's and methods to ensure continual condi pressure is way out of control especially when each tick rivals a power burst.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

No power damage did not kill me but good try. Goes without saying my boons were currupted or stripped repeatedly while eating insane condi ticks which is my point. Condi's and methods to ensure continual condi pressure is way out of control especially when each tick rivals a power burst.

If only warrior could use some sort of ability that pulses resistance ;p

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

If only warrior could use some sort of ability that pulses resistance ;p

That's the point, use it and see how it helps these days. There's a obvious issue if a class has to fill its whole utilities with cleanses and resistance skills as well as trait for as much condi defense as possible.

Also for the record this most popular version of this build has this much stealth with prismatic understanding:

Mass Invisibility: 9 seconds of stealth, 48 second cooldown.Decoy: 4.5 seconds of stealth on a 40 seconds cooldownThe Prestige: 4.5 seconds of stealth on a 30 second cooldown.

Plus Desperate Decoy: 4.5 seconds of stealth when brought under 50% health on a 40 second cooldown

@"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:Then more people say "but it has counters and isnt strong in ranked or duels, and its fun when I play it so its fine". As someone said in a previous post, a build can be balanced, but incredibly toxic to play against and have no place in a game. For example imagine a class with 1 skill, that has a 50% chance of instantly killing their target, and a 50% chance of killing themselves. This class would be "balanced" because you would never win more than half your fights, but it would be incredibly broken in that it has no counterplay, and ruins what gw2 pvp is supposed to be.

That's actually not true. The class would not be balanced, the death/survive ratio of the class/skill would be. Those two are not the same and please don't assume they are (though I understand what you were going for).

The main difference here? If the class kills or dies half the time, you have 0 input as opponent and your "balanced class" has all decisions as to when to use his hail marry skill. Say he might use it towards the very end near a close lose when close to death as a maybe get out of jail attempt. That's not balanced.

Which brings us to the topic at hand:People arguing here are mixing together two aspects which need to be kept separate, that of balance and that of "fun to play against". Core shatter Mesmer is definitely not overpowered (if you think that, you are pretty much gold bracket or worse), but is absolutely not fun to play against. Similar to rangers and their burst from stealth and 1 shot tricks. Similar to thiefs and their 1 shot gimmick builds. Etc. some of which have seen addressing in the past.

The correct argument would be to not ask for strait up nerfs due to balance reasons (because those are unfounded) but rather changes to the class mechanic or design of the skills ideally keeping those at a similar power level but changing how the class plays. Which in turn brings us back to other issues like stealth game play (and how players generally dislike dying to a stealth-ed opener than some other burst assuming they could have fought back against another gimmick build), Mesmer and other classes basic design and burst gimmick builds performing very well in lower skill brackets.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

That reminds me there was a game I played recently as necro saw think it was a warrior I kept corrupting his boons my god he just melted. poor guy was fighting for his life and just dropped dead. The ranger that was on the cliff too got pretty badly eaten too. Them boon corrupts from scepter really hurt.

@Axl.8924 said:

That reminds me there was a game I played recently as necro saw think it was a warrior I kept corrupting his boons my god he just melted. poor guy was fighting for his life and just dropped dead. The ranger that was on the cliff too got pretty badly eaten too. Them boon corrupts from scepter really hurt.

Yeah that's the thing, necro needs alot of love especially after the changes to scourge but with how brutal condis are and how easy reapplication is and boon rips happen so frequently it almost makes cleanses and resistance pointless. Yeah cleanses and resistance are good vs A opponent but when the games state is where it is now where u have 3 at minimum and somtimes more specs spamming tons of condis on u with boon rips all hitting u for very high tics it becomes a bit to much.

On a side note, with everyone and his mother poping weakness from everything, it's really inefficient to play power mesmer/mirage with no stealth because 75% of a fight you will have your output gut...Mean the more I play power mirage, the more I rage about people getting hit by burst but who didn't care because they auto pop weakness...And contrary to other power specs, power mirage hasn't passive condiclear...Same about rupting key skill : they didn't care because they continue spam rotating.This is frustrating and encourage to play stealth as it's the only way to don't get perma weakness.

@mortrialus.3062 said:Also for the record this most popular version of this build has this much stealth with prismatic understanding:

Mass Invisibility: 9 seconds of stealth, 48 second cooldown.Decoy: 4.5 seconds of stealth on a 40 seconds cooldownThe Prestige: 4.5 seconds of stealth on a 30 second cooldown.

Plus Desperate Decoy: 4.5 seconds of stealth when brought under 50% health on a 40 second cooldown

Yeah, last night I was running some variants myself, which I suck on Mesmer, but I did notice the ludicrous amount of stealth that this build provides now with PU. Like... just mass invisibility alone, turns your entire team fight into stealth 1HKO machines if your comp is full of stuff like: Herald/Holo/Soulbeast/Spellbreaker. With a Scrapper Sneak Gyro, at least you see the gyro and know the opponents have to hug the Scrapper for that, but Mass Invis with PU? Dunno, seems awfully strong.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:Also for the record this most popular version of this build has this much stealth with prismatic understanding:

Yeah, last night I was running some variants myself, which I suck on Mesmer, but I did notice the ludicrous amount of stealth that this build provides now with PU. Like... just mass invisibility alone, turns your entire team fight into stealth 1HKO machines if your comp is full of stuff like: Herald/Holo/Soulbeast/Spellbreaker.
With a Scrapper Sneak Gyro, at least you see the gyro
and know the opponents have to hug the Scrapper for that, but Mass Invis with PU? Dunno, seems awfully strong.

Bolded isn't true anymore. It's true stealth with no tell.

Also the idea that the Mesmer Stealth Elite gets nerfed back into having lower duration than Toss Elixir S with a longer cast time and a 3x longer cooldown is something I find personally offensive.

Really high stealth uptime wouldn't be as big of a problem on mesmer, there's already permanent stealth thief builds and the stealth doesn't make them good.

The problem has always been Mesmer's capacity to multicast so many damage abilities as once. It's always been this weird ab Mesmers having a lot of stealth but their only hitting you for 4k-5k when they're popping out of it and not 20k+.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Liza.2758" said:u know i'm not defending the build but u can't really say there is no counter play

the counter play is simply ur reaction. u will most likely say how can u react to that in 1 - 2 sec.

The instant dead is very common in League. 1 shot from stealth 1 shot from brush 1 shot from dark area.

super fast reaction is part of what determined how good player is

something like this.

That's not instant... Whoever that player is had two visual indicator's that the player was there. That's pretty easy to react to honestly.

A properly executed mantra burst is way faster than that.

Its not him appearing he had to react, Its him flashing ( teleporting when he was mid air ) if he was 0,05s slower he would have died, if he was tiny bitfaster, his cocoon would fly over and he would have died. THIS is not his reaction being good, pro player got lucky there. He didnt anticipate kha flash, can got lucky that kha flashed into his cocoon otherwise he would be dead.

Some pro players havereaction time of 150ms, watch csgo pros play, expectially those with AWP.Also saying that the burst was well under 250 is plain wrong becouse gs3 alone has 250ms casttime.

I'm not the fastest but my reaction time is around 180ms.

It would've been better for me to say this instead: "The time the enemy has to react to the burst coming from stealth is well under 250ms."

It's me in the video testing out some ideas. It wouldn't have made a difference what utilities I had on though, the only thing available to necro that would have helped is flesh wurm. That would've only helped if I were fighting 1, with more than one even the extra mobility/stun break wouldn't have saved me.

The point of the video is that toxic mechanics keep people from coming to pvp, which decreases the population, which leads to more toxic behavior. Again, if anyone wants to give advice on how to fight 4 mesmers without a premade i'm happy to get 4 together and record you trying =D

The question you should all be asking yourselves is: Would it be any less frustrating and annoying if it was 5 other classes/builds exactly the same?

Really stop and think for a sec. 5 Symbolbrands would face roll the enemy team into spawn. 5 pew pew rangers stealth off each others smokescales and then patrolling outside your base pew pew anyone who isn't invuln. 5 thieves would abuse you guys to the same level.

There's a reason ESL prevented class stacking way back in the day.

@apharma.3741 said:The question you should all be asking yourselves is: Would it be any less frustrating and annoying if it was 5 other classes/builds exactly the same?

Really stop and think for a sec. 5 Symbolbrands would face roll the enemy team into spawn. 5 pew pew rangers stealth off each others smokescales and then patrolling outside your base pew pew anyone who isn't invuln. 5 thieves would abuse you guys to the same level.

run off spawn, 3 pistol whips into steal you live? 3x daggerstorm :D

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"apharma.3741" said:The question you should all be asking yourselves is: Would it be any less frustrating and annoying if it was 5 other classes/builds exactly the same?

run off spawn, 3 pistol whips into steal you live? 3x daggerstorm :D

Yeah I mean there's an awful lot of mechanics that if stacked are incredibly unfun to play against, imagine the poor guy that gets 5 longbow autos on them from a place they can't reach while 5 smokescales smoke assault the team.

That's without addressing the elephant in the room where it was unranked against a full team trolling.

In terms of mesmer damage, it's being conflated by easy 12 stacks of might, addressing mantra of pain would probably be a good first step before gutting anything irresponsibly.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/63733/mantra-of-pain

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Yeah that's the thing, necro needs alot of love especially after the changes to scourge but with how brutal condis are and how easy reapplication is and boon rips happen so frequently it almost makes cleanses and resistance pointless. Yeah cleanses and resistance are good vs A opponent but when the games state is where it is now where u have 3 at minimum and somtimes more specs spamming tons of condis on u with boon rips all hitting u for very high tics it becomes a bit to much.

Was boon corrupt that did that much damage, bleeds don't deal nearly as much and i think core necro isn't as crazy as others, but guard probably is and so is ele.

Not nearly as much access to burn on necro, much more rare.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Was boon corrupt that did that much damage, bleeds don't deal nearly as much and i think core necro isn't as crazy as others, but guard probably is and so is ele.

doesnt staff 2 bleed for 2,2k every 4s? doesnt dodge leave the same mark for 2,2k? this adds up.Also I didnt realize how many classes did damage while dodging, to everyone whiner on mirage. EVERYONE does it.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

doesnt staff 2 bleed for 2,2k every 4s? doesnt dodge leave the same mark for 2,2k? this adds up.Also I didnt realize how many classes did damage while dodging, to everyone whiner on mirage. EVERYONE does it.

Staff has some nice dmg but still its not as powerfull as mesmers or guardians condi wise.

its 2841 and not sure what you are refering to dodging to do dmg and bleed do tend to do less. 5 bleeds i think is 1k dmg so to do 2k would take like 10 bleeds and for almost 3k probably like 15 bleeds.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

No necro wasnt source of most actual damage just made my utilities etc useless against the insane condi's of ele and guard which stripped my hp in a matter of seconds(2400+hp) while I'm being feared among other cc's on top of the condi's. I knew I'd die even with popping the resistance and two shake it offer's was just surprised my hp dropped from the burn like a was being bursted by a crazy power build.

@"Lighter.5631" said:one shot from stealth is cheesiest mechanic, how is it not nerfed faster then arcing divider is beyond me.specially with how survivable the build is, even running berserker.

if Anet wanted to put end to Toxic +1 shotting they would. 7 Years later, almost all Professions including mounts can +1 shot.

So in other word; this Toxicity has become the standard philosophy of guild wars 2 balancing

-as long +1 shotting with Toxic Thief Profession including its Toxic Stealth mechanics are tolerated and permissible, guild wars 2 will never experience healthy competitive scenery

@"mortrialus.3062" said:I have been summoned.

I'd personally like to see Berserker's Amulet be removed in SPvP. It either is a noob trap that leads to bad play or it enables dumb toxic stuff like One Shot mesmer and Sic Em Sniper.

I'd also like to see Mantra of Pain lose it's might stacks. That's probably the best immediate change we can make right now.

And I'd also like it to become a ticking time bomb mechanic similar to Pulminory Impact. A mesmer casts mantra of Pain, the target and up to 4 other enemies near the target start to glow for a few seconds, you can see Mantra of Pain appear on your status bar, and 2 seconds later that's when the attack and damage pulse happens. Something to nerf Power Mesmer's capacity to layer 8 different damage pulses in a fraction of a second gets decoupled and forcibly spread out over time.

That's what I'd do with the skill. Keeps the flavor of big damage, and even if it's instant cast there's still time for an opponent to react defensively.

Maybe trim a bounce off of Mirror Blade.

To be honest though, I think it might be time to directly nerf Mind Wrack. If all you have is one clone, Mind Wrack can still do 7k-12k damage with just a one clone shatter if you've just readied the mantra, have the 12 stacks of might as long as you're in melee range. It might be time to do something like reduce the damage of Mindwrack, maybe reduce the cooldown so that it's able to provide more consistent DPS. My impression of it was that it was always supposed to be a sort of execution mechanic. It'd take time to set up three clones in a fight or at least in the early design stages of the game that was assumed. So after 12 seconds of combat you'd have set up your clones and then you'd go in for the kill with execute. But right now it's just being used to immediately rush down players in under a second.

This is what a power burst can look like.

EC1Z5ni.jpg

I get that it's a target dummy but It has 18,140 health and 2,322 armor. For comparison a Rifle Holosmith will have 16,282 Health and 2,625 Armor. Still a 12.5k one clone Mind Wrack.

The only advice I can give to people is to play with the game audio on. Mantra of Distraction has a very noticeable sound and it's typically the first thing to land in the burst. And scientifically you react to audio stimuli much faster than you do with visual stimuli. Even when I'm jumped and I didn't have any idea the mesmer was there I can typically avoid the burst pretty well. It might help you out.

i run berserker amulet and i don't run a one shot build and i don't consider myself falling into a noob trap. In this particular case, I don't think the issue is the amulet. The issue is being able to have so many attacks all hitting at the same time so that when you are removed from stealth from doing damage, it is at the same time the target goes down. Anet should apply a 0.1 sec cast time to mantras and make mirror blade on greatsword unblockable. And a MAJOR change i would make is to give mesmers the choice of having either stealth or clones, but not both at the same time.