Impossible Tutorial Achievements

Eddy.7051

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Mewcifer.5198" said:I am surprised to see so many people saying "just don't worry about it" "the achievement isn't for you" and stuff like that about the problem with these achievements.

I have seventeen characters, they are all level 80 and I have done some map completion on all of them since that's a thing I do in my free time. So I can't get the level ten or the dodging achievements. This is a pretty annoying oversight.I should not be denied something just because I did it seventeen times over before new people joining the game. That is ridiculous.

You should be able to get the dodging one as I did pretty much all of the achievements in a level 80 except for the one to reach level 10. The character hadn’t done the dodge tutorial before if that matters.

As I mentioned, I have done starting zone map completion on all my characters already. It's possible I might have missed it on one or two characters, but this means I will have to log into each character individually and take them to a dodge tutor to check. A massive pain, especially considering I have some parked in specific locations that I don't really want to have to move them away from.

@"Brad.9730" said:How do I get the dodge-roll and reach-level-10 achievements when all my character slots are filled with level 80 characters? Anet, was this a ploy to get veteran players to buy a character slot? It seems a little unfair to punish veterans this way.

The only achievement you can't get with an existing level 80 toon is the one to get to level 10. I did all rest with 2 level 80 characters that were missing those vistas, pois, hearts and waypoints.

Rewarded Royal Pass tooltip states 2w from first use but the countdown from 2w1h begins when it is looted and continues even if it goes unused. Either the tooltip is incorrect or the item activation is wrong.Beginner Experience collection may track incorrectly if duplicate boxes are looted. I had 6 drop on a low level alt (4 parts and 2 dupes, no gloves) yet the collection thought I had all 5 unique boxes. No further drops occurred even after more than another hour of play. Tried with another character, tried the other low level zones - zero further drops.Collection can't complete since gloves cannot be soulbound.

They advertised these achievements as being available to "veteran adventurers", and then I log in to find out that I have no way to complete them.Is this really working as intended? These are the first achievements ever added to the game that completely lock out players with all maxed out characters.

Sucks to be put at a disadvantage here just because I played too much in the past

@"Jorgas.9713" said:I have 70 out of 70 char slots, am I forced to delete one of my fully leveled/made chars to do this achievement? lol. I really wish devs would ask themselves "what are the possible consequences of this achievement" Because they just add things without thinking.

if you truly have 70 characters fully geared and achieved then the problem is more your addiction, not the availability.

• Like 1

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Tryna.1963 said:Ok so i made a new toon today, Got it to lvl 10 and most other achevos are complete in the new Tutorial Mastery, I went to the Chef Master to start the Chef discipline,Talked with the chef start the chef discipline and it wouldnt give me ( Interest in Food) achevo, what am i doing wrong.

Have the same issue. Did everything I can think of. Assume its just bugged for some people.

Tried picking up Chef on an existing 80 character that didn't have it learned. Tried on a brand new character I made today and did all the other achievevments on (think it was level 52). Tried on main, who is 500 chef, by switching to another and then back to cooking. Tried crafting on all on them just in case, but nada.

Lindsay Murdock posted in a Reddit thread, saying it should give credit just by switching out of chef and then back on any character.

EDIT: Just noticed in that same thread an update. A trainer in the starting zone gives different credit compared to city trainers because of the 500 cooking quests. So trying the starter zone trainers to unlock cooking (it worked for me going to the Queensdale hub with the trainers).

Yeah. The only way to complete that achievement is by the trainers in the starter zones. The ones in the cities don't count.

Interesting because I did that one with a level 12 in the Grove and got it.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@Tryna.1963 said:Ok so i made a new toon today, Got it to lvl 10 and most other achevos are complete in the new Tutorial Mastery, I went to the Chef Master to start the Chef discipline,Talked with the chef start the chef discipline and it wouldnt give me ( Interest in Food) achevo, what am i doing wrong.

Have the same issue. Did everything I can think of. Assume its just bugged for some people.

Tried picking up Chef on an existing 80 character that didn't have it learned. Tried on a brand new character I made today and did all the other achievevments on (think it was level 52). Tried on main, who is 500 chef, by switching to another and then back to cooking. Tried crafting on all on them just in case, but nada.

Lindsay Murdock posted in a Reddit thread, saying it should give credit just by switching out of chef and then back on any character.

EDIT: Just noticed in that same thread an update. A trainer in the starting zone gives different credit compared to city trainers because of the 500 cooking quests. So trying the starter zone trainers to unlock cooking (it worked for me going to the Queensdale hub with the trainers).

Yeah. The only way to complete that achievement is by the trainers in the starter zones. The ones in the cities don't count.

Interesting because I did that one with a level 12 in the Grove and got it.

You quoted a post that was posted before they fixed it.

I'm not sure where I saw/read this, but someone said that higher lvl players could get the achievs when mentoring low lvl players. Dont know how it works or if it would be only those that you'd fit for achieving, but its something, other than that, dont know if they are really worth it the worry.

@hlaraujo.3210 said:I'm not sure where I saw/read this, but someone said that higher lvl players could get the achievs when mentoring low lvl players. Dont know how it works or if it would be only those that you'd fit for achieving, but its something, other than that, dont know if they are really worth it the worry.

Higher-level characters can get Achievements as long as they are down-leveled to L10 or below. Nothing to do with mentoring, though. Have to be careful in the higher levels of the starter zones. If a character is killing L9 or L10+ mobs, their down-level is likely higher than L10.

@"Brad.9730" said:How do I get the dodge-roll and reach-level-10 achievements when all my character slots are filled with level 80 characters? Anet, was this a ploy to get veteran players to buy a character slot? It seems a little unfair to punish veterans this way.

"Punish veterans"the achievements were LITERALLY MADE for new players

• Like 1

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

"Punish veterans"

maybe you should not be calling yourself a Vet if you dont have a key farming toon?

Anet should make an achieve that gives you the title 'Key Farming Scoundrel' for deleting and recreating key farming toon 10 times, and 'Mugging from Poor Anet' title for doing it 100 times ???

@crepuscular.9047 said:

"Punish veterans"

maybe you should not be calling yourself a Vet if you dont have a key farming toon?

Anet should make an achieve that gives you the title 'Key Farming Scoundrel' for deleting and recreating key farming toon 10 times, and 'Mugging from Poor Anet' title for doing it 100 times ???

Haha, fair enoughNot sure if it was aimed at me or OP, but don't care enough about the keys to farm for it, weekly

@Ben K.6238 said:They probably did think about that, and concluded that players with all their characters at level 80 aren't really the target audience for that achievement so it's not worth delaying the release over it.

Vet players aren't the target audience for ANY of the tutorial achievements. Regardless, many veteran players will do an achievement if it has AP attached to the rewards. So either remove the AP from the achievements that require a new character slot or make it possible for high level characters to complete this achievement.

• 2 years later...