Can we talk WvW Mistforged armor

Nightcore.5621

I played on a server who was always in last place. Months of being red with hardly any action at al. Did this for yearsl. Not much XP to be had. I earned the first 600 levels without any boosters, I didn’t know any better. It’s taken quite some time to get my rank. I busted to get the chest armor. I think that’s the point. To play the mode. I know it’s rough cause you want the shine, but just use every booster imaginable and get on a server that has population the hours you play. Either Zerg your way to xp 2k or fast pace roam. At least you can start getting the items at 1500. Once I hit 2k i stopped paying attention to my rank- except now cause I’m almost at my next milestone.Boosters:BirthdayGuild hallFireworks (use outside WvW first)Snowflake gobbler thingXp boost (for laurel) gives reward track and xpFood

Did I miss any?
Also, how’s the time during the xp event.

@Calisanna.8732 said:I played on a server who was always in last place. Months of being red with hardly any action at al. Did this for yearsl. Not much XP to be had. I earned the first 600 levels without any boosters, I didn’t know any better. It’s taken quite some time to get my rank. I busted to get the chest armor. I think that’s the point. To play the mode. I know it’s rough cause you want the shine, but just use every booster imaginable and get on a server that has population the hours you play. Either Zerg your way to xp 2k or fast pace roam. At least you can start getting the items at 1500. Once I hit 2k i stopped paying attention to my rank- except now cause I’m almost at my next milestone.Boosters:BirthdayGuild hallFireworks (use outside WvW first)Snowflake gobbler thingXp boost (for laurel) gives reward track and xpFood

Did I miss any?

The problem is after the patch fights take so much longer and before u finish a fight lets say 1 vs 1 from a camp there well be 100s of New players fightin you

@Nightcore.5621 said:

@Calisanna.8732 said:I played on a server who was always in last place. Months of being red with hardly any action at al. Did this for yearsl. Not much XP to be had. I earned the first 600 levels without any boosters, I didn’t know any better. It’s taken quite some time to get my rank. I busted to get the chest armor. I think that’s the point. To play the mode. I know it’s rough cause you want the shine, but just use every booster imaginable and get on a server that has population the hours you play. Either Zerg your way to xp 2k or fast pace roam. At least you can start getting the items at 1500. Once I hit 2k i stopped paying attention to my rank- except now cause I’m almost at my next milestone.Boosters:BirthdayGuild hallFireworks (use outside WvW first)Snowflake gobbler thingXp boost (for laurel) gives reward track and xpFood

Did I miss any?

The problem is after the patch fights take so much longer and before u finish a fight lets say 1 vs 1 from a camp there well be 100s of New players fightin you

and?

TTK in WvW has been subject to change in the past going from far longer TTK during vanilla, to the fastest TTK at the beginning of PoF. The PPT and WXP gained might have fluctuated, but it certainly did not go into impossible territory.

@Nightcore.5621 said:Mistforged armor that you need rank 2000 to get is almost impossible to get after this patch. Fights takin so long like never ending. either reduce the Requirements to get the armor or buff the xp for takin over camps / towers.

Keep is 3k wxp on full buffs this week. Sentries 400. Towers 1400? Dont remember. That is TOO much.Enemy wxp depends on how long each enemy has been alive. Kill em again and again, no wxp. Has been like this for a while.Maybe you want ranks to drop from daily logging, wvw too hard?

@Nightcore.5621 said:Mistforged armor that you need rank 2000 to get is almost impossible to get after this patch. Fights takin so long like never ending. either reduce the Requirements to get the armor or buff the xp for takin over camps / towers.

Lmao called that a mile away. Just buff the wexp npcs give by 100 and those that are left in wvw will be happy.

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:So game has been out for years, people had plenty of time to play wvw on and off but now a shiny armour comes out, pve people demand easier way to get it.

Ok sucks for complete new players but that's how it is.

"but now... comes out". Wait what? The legendary wvw armor is not really new. O_o

@phreeak.1023 said:

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:So game has been out for years, people had plenty of time to play wvw on and off but now a shiny armour comes out, pve people demand easier way to get it.

Ok sucks for complete new players but that's how it is.

"but now... comes out". Wait what? The legendary wvw armor is not really new. O_o

Well ok, but it's been out since what, before pof? Point is people had plenty of time to farm wvw exp before hand.

@Nightcore.5621 said:Mistforged armor that you need rank 2000 to get is almost impossible to get after this patch. Fights takin so long like never ending. either reduce the Requirements to get the armor or buff the xp for takin over camps / towers.As has been said a million times about this:I think most people in WvW would welcome more tangible rewards with some sort of value to the WvW players that isn't just intrinsic but rather can distinguish them when they meet other players. However, the Sublime mistforged stuff (which is what you mean when you say mistforged, right?) was/is a token of appreciation for veteran players who stuck out years of neglect. It is a type of reward that should not be devalued. It is questionable enough that such an effect has already been added to sPvP gear (where rewards and cosmetics have always been better) and gemstore items.

If the Sublime effect is devalued further you are going to upset alot of old players who spent years just to that and nothing else. That effect is meant to be as rare as some of the rarest infusions. It is the unique prime effect of WvW and should as such be more valuable than legendaries or at least the crown jewel of a full legendary armor collection. They just added it on WXP to reward veterans rather than as a 6-piece legendary effect. Keep in mind that players who have been doing things like roaming, playing support classes or other class that tag far less have always received far less WXP and loot. There are extremely active and experienced players who are not much more than 2k rank (after 7 years of a daily multihour routine in WvW). To them, your irks about the patch are disrespectful even if I'm sure that isn't what you are intending.

I started from very low rank when the Sublime Mistforged Armor was introduced and eventually reached my goal. Just play the mode for what it is, and consider it a long-term goal. Stack WXP boosters. You'll get there eventually. I don't think they should reduce the rank requirement. It gives people something to look forward to.

@Nightcore.5621 said:

Did I miss any?

You wont get rank 2k quick in soloplay.Not now and not before the patch, thats just unrealistic.

You really want rank 2k+? Then you gotta earn it. Join a WvW orientated guild & learn how to become part of the team. The best way to get EXP is by participating! Play daily, not for hours on end, but for as long as you are having fun. Use boosters like the ones you can get from the Laurel merchant, and of course birthday boosters when you have them. I started playing WvW just to get the armor but ended up getting so much more by joining [DED], I got an online family that I wanted to spend time having fun with. It took me about 13 months to get to rank 2k & get the armor I wanted, and now I WvW just as much to have fun with my new friends!

No. It's not impossible. I recently hit 2k and finally crafted the armor after a year of working on it. It's hard i know, this is meant to be a long term goal and it requires dedication to the game mode!

If i could give u an advice is try to actually enjoy playing wvw not for the wxp or ranks. You can get boosters and buffs etc, the rank will come faster when u dont think about it and u will appreciate the armor more when u earned it. it's not a gemstore item after all. Gl and hf!

You wont get rank 2k quick in soloplay.Not now and not before the patch, thats just unrealistic.

Ya not with that attitude. I did a lot of solo play to get there. A lot of red bl roaming. The server I was on rarely had a tag or group. I was used to always being red and outnumbered so I made my own fun. Now I have several accounts with bronze/silver ranks on those too. Lots of solo play there when no one is on. If you wanted to do it, you would. Fast paced roaming and flips can get you a lot more XP then Zerg staring down another Zerg for 5 mins trying to get the upper hand while just moving back and forth. Meanwhile during those 5 mins if roamed and capped serveral things for XP. When you kill people so much the stop giving xp, so again fast paced solo roaming can and WILL if you do it right. Maybe unrealistic for someone who isn’t skilled with it.

Edited for: I did most of this on foot before warclaw existed. I did 1/4 of my rank to 2k without boosters. I did not do any of my rank in the old days of karma train eotm. I did most of this on slow necro.

Need 450 ranks to 2k. Yey.. Played wvw active between Feb/March 2019 to end of November, had a break and this month i started playing again. Started with Rank 140ish.

Birthday boosters (used 15-17ish?) and Laurel XP Boosts helping a lot. And of course playing on an server, which is not dominating all the time or a lot. Means much defending/kill exp and lot of exp of capping back stuff.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:

@Nightcore.5621 said:Mistforged armor that you need rank 2000 to get is almost impossible to get after this patch. Fights takin so long like never ending. either reduce the Requirements to get the armor or buff the xp for takin over camps / towers.As has been said a million times about this:

However, the Sublime mistforged stuff (which is what you mean when you say mistforged, right?) was/is a token of appreciation for veteran players who stuck out years of neglect. It is a type of reward that should not be devalued. It is questionable enough that such an effect has already been added to sPvP gear (where rewards and cosmetics have always been better) and gemstore items.

If the Sublime effect is devalued further you are going to upset alot of old players who spent years just to that and nothing else.

It is a nice skin/effect that I use on one character where it fits but nothing more and it would not devalue what I already have, if the requirements would be lowered so other players could get it with lower ranks.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:That effect is meant to be as rare as some of the rarest infusions. It is the unique prime effect of WvW and should as such be more valuable than legendaries or at least the crown jewel of a full legendary armor collection. They just added it on WXP to reward veterans rather than as a 6-piece legendary effect. Keep in mind that players who have been doing things like roaming, playing support classes or other class that tag far less have always received far less WXP and loot. There are extremely active and experienced players who are not much more than 2k rank (after 7 years of a daily multihour routine in WvW). To them, your irks about the patch are disrespectful even if I'm sure that isn't what you are intending.

You may remember the Obsidian Sanctum farm, back in the days when zergs were killed (they let themselves be killed on purpose - in turns) to gain a lot of WxP/ranks. About 30-40 ranks per hour was sometimes possible doing this. Or you may remember the massive EotM karma trains (only capping without defending anything) where players also could gain lots of ranks in short time. And don't forget the bandwagoneers that always switch to the winning servers, so they can karma-train in zergs better and gain WxP with less effort.

The high rank of a player says nothing about how the player got his high rank. So please, do not talk about "disrespectful", if new and low rank players find the rank requirements too high and if they think, that gaining WxP is not not as easy as it was before (because, that is true).

Guess people need to l2farm.

Karma training is way overrated. The way Keep Lords scale, it's really not that much wxp in terms of time spent. Flipping camps is the way, as well as helping out in defense vs zergs which you should always be doing regardless of whatever else you were doing. You don't need a zerg for it, unless you're new to wvw. Ideally you'd have a few friends to kill stuff faster but avoid scaling.

Sentry point capture 100Shrine capture (Air/Earth/Fire) 100Tower defense 150Keep defense 200Supply camp capture 200Tower capture 400Keep capture 800

A Keep is just the same as a camp, 2 sentries, and a tower. Or 2 camps and 2 sentries and 4 dolyaks. Why do you want the keep again? Just because it has the biggest number? I guess there's more guards but you can just kill guards in front of a keep without breaking in.

As for killing players; well apparently they can be worth up to 60 pts but not always if they die a lot. This makes killing them worth as much as guards. So it really doesn't matter unless you are continuously doing big fights. This has nothing to do with training structures though-- people only do that when bored. Champ bags and karma are of course, not very valuable anyways.

This is moot anyways. It's just one skin. I only got them because I didn't want to deal with marks. If it were readily accessible with no rank requirement I bet most wouldn't even care about it. The only reason why people care about it atm is they can't get it. It's sorta like Warbringer. I made it because I could, and then I realized with everybody wearing it that it really wasn't cool.

Why do people play so much wvw and insist that the only way to get a group is to follow a tag? It's an MMO; make some friends or join a guild. Go into your server's discord. Failing all that, follow your borderland regulars. If you don't suck, people will want to play with you.

tl;dr It's simply irrational to fret over a legendary skin when you can still make the legendary anyways. And when you finally reach rank 2000, then guess what? You can get it and spend 1 whole transmutation charge to reskin your legendary. So you waste some tickets and a few grandmaster marks to do this but I'm not really sure how that can be an issue if you're willing to drop 2k+ gold on a set of legendary armor.