25k ranger spikes out of stealth are ok still?

Rickster.8752

@Revolution.5409 said:Warrior Eviscerate can hit for those numbers.

1 maul is like at least 2 evis from a berserker amulet warrior.

Numbers:Traited Maul = ~1.925 coefficientEviscerate = 1.33/1.67/2.0 coefficient on different adrenaline levels (imagine: three bar adrenaline evis is barely more than maul, and has a longer cooldown)

Greatsword has 1047.5 strength midpoint (1.925 1047.5 = 2016.44 )Axe has 952.5 strength midpoint (1.33 959.5 = 1267 and 2.0 * 952.5 = 1905)

Now consider other damage modifiers from ranger. GG EZ

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Eurantien.4632 said:Only hitting 16k with sic em (28s CD), after a CC... so take down (20s cd tarited), hilt bash (16s cd) traited, or countertattck (20s cd) - though this last one usually knocks them out of the range. You also have to be merged with your pet. And then get an interrupt. This will proc 6 different traits and you need sic em. So you have to align a bunch of stuffThis.

These maul and worldly impact numbers require a damage multiplier setup which can be done unrecognized in stealth. And this is the problem at this point.

Both skills don't do that much damage regularly. Without multiplier stacking you will get roughly 5k critical damage numbers, which is the current baseline on all classes for hard hitting burst skills.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Maul needs to be on a15 second cooldown not the 4 it is nowBut not just maul needs a longer cd......rapid fire also should be 15 seconds at least.....ranger has some of the lowest dps cd skills in the game with the biggest benifit in game 1500 range.

Imagine Maul on a 15 second cooldown. What exactly would we kill people with? Maul is literally the only skill on ranger greatsword that does non-insignificant damage and it only hits that hard on marksmanship and/or glass soulbeast builds.

And what would we do against people that aren't AFK and actually dodge things?

Nerfing the cooldown to 15 seconds would just completely gut non-meme glass ranger builds and delete the weapon from play entirely.

U can reset maul with a skillful successful hilt bash. Giving the class a much needed skill cap. Instead ranger get a 4 second 10k+ dps skill and has a insane range pressure. It's bad enough that they can wirldy impact for 15k from stealth. But then being mauled for another 10k, then less then 4 seconds later another maul, but wait hitbash got u or ur team mate so a 3rd 10k+ maulIt may not be a problem in the low teir or play but up in plat it's a problem. Imo

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"Revolution.5409" said:Warrior Eviscerate can hit for those numbers.

Numbers:Traited Maul = ~1.925 coefficientEviscerate = 1.33/1.67/2.0 coefficient on different adrenaline levels

Greatsword has 1047.5 strength midpoint (1.925
1047.5 = 2016.44 )Axe has 952.5 strength midpoint (1.33
959.5 = 1267 and 2.0 * 952.5 = 1905)

Warrior also has multipliers:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker%27s_Powerhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Axe_Masteryhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pinnacle_of_StrengthWarrior has better access to strength than a Ranger, and traits that improve its effectiveness, such as Forceful Greatsword which doubles the bonus.Better active defenses.And if you want to create meme build warrior you can also get enough unlockable attacks. xD

@Revolution.5409 said:

Thats a cute argument. Are there any melee power classes that can hit for 15k with ONE skill anymore? I don’t think so. How do they kill things?

Warrior Eviscerate can hit for those numbers.

Can other professions in GW2 do that damage by pressing multiple keys? Or is OP only the damage that can be done with a single ability?

Seems the comment below you just completely destroyed the evis argument.

The biggest number I managed to pull off post patch on my scrapper(full might, stab swiftness superspeed and quickness) in berserker ammy and eagle runes has been about 9.5k, with electro whirl...meaning it did about 4.7k a hit.

Since i don't know if there is other processes added, after using sicem does it count as an attack? i wanted to know to see if it would be possible to build up might by doing sicem then taking maul and smacking someone for higher numbers.

I'm trying to figure out how someone would pull off such huge monumental numbers, like are they doing something else added for might to add xtra dmg?

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Maul needs to be on a15 second cooldown not the 4 it is nowBut not just maul needs a longer cd......rapid fire also should be 15 seconds at least.....ranger has some of the lowest dps cd skills in the game with the biggest benifit in game 1500 range.

Imagine Maul on a 15 second cooldown. What exactly would we kill people with? Maul is literally the only skill on ranger greatsword that does non-insignificant damage and it only hits that hard on marksmanship and/or glass soulbeast builds.

Nerfing the cooldown to 15 seconds would just completely gut non-meme glass ranger builds and delete the weapon from play entirely.

U can reset maul with a skillful successful hilt bash. Giving the class a much needed skill cap. Instead ranger get a 4 second 10k+ dps skill and has a insane range pressure. It's bad enough that they can wirldy impact for 15k from stealth. But then being mauled for another 10k, then less then 4 seconds later another maul, but wait hitbash got u or ur team mate so a 3rd 10k+ maulIt may not be a problem in the low teir or play but up in plat it's a problem. Imo

And how easy is it to land hilt bash on an intelligent target? Maul doesn't hit for 10k+ every 4 seconds either. If you eat 3 Mauls and a Worldly Impact, you're simply playing with your monitor turned off. Oh wait, are you that FA ele that raged in map chat that I was hacking when I oneshot you multiple times on core mes in a Skyhammer match? The character was named "Kill More" if I recall correctly.

And no, it's the opposite. GS rangers aren't dominating the top of the ladder currently, nor have they been very relevant in previous seasons.

@Revolution.5409 said:Warrior also has multipliers:Obviously it does, every class has them.Ranger has stronger modifiers though. Stuff like 25% on Attack of Opportunity.

Warrior has better access to strength than a Ranger, and traits that improve its effectiveness, such as Forceful Greatsword which doubles the bonus.And ranger has pets with 3+ coefficients.

Better active defenses.Not really. Ranger has better stunbreaks.

@Tayga.3192 said:

Numbers:Traited Maul = ~1.925 coefficientEviscerate = 1.33/1.67/2.0 coefficient on different adrenaline levels (imagine: three bar adrenaline evis is barely more than maul, and has a longer cooldown)

Given that warrior can generate might kinda whenever it wants with multiple skills and traits, I just hit the light golem with a fully buffed eviscerate for 12.8k and a fully buffed mauls only hits for 11.3k . Damn, rifle does 14k. This is on core war. Berserker can get even higher, right? Volley is even better than rapid fire. 15.8k basckstab on thief.

Idk what i'm doin on rev but I can get a 7k coaelscence of ruin. Thats a ranged attack that hits multiple targets.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

And how easy is it to land hilt bash on an intelligent target? Maul doesn't hit for 10k+ every 4 seconds either. If you eat 3 Mauls and a Worldly Impact, you're simply playing with your monitor turned off. Oh wait, are you that FA ele that raged in map chat that I was hacking when I oneshot you multiple times on core mes in a Skyhammer match? The character was named "Kill More" if I recall correctly.

And no, it's the
opposite
. GS rangers aren't dominating the top of the ladder currently, nor have they been very relevant in previous seasons.

Would you be willing to show me some mes core action so i can see strategies typically used bud?

@Eurantien.4632 said:Given that warrior can generate might kinda whenever it wants with multiple skills and traits, I just hit the light golem with a fully buffed eviscerate for 12.8k and a fully buffed mauls only hits for 11.3k.

The difference is only 1500 damage, that's when warrior spends 3 bars of adrenaline. Spellbreaker can't even use more than one bar and berserker doesn't have evis :smiley:Warrior doesn't have a pet, can't stealth etc and we all know how strong it was with just stun/sustain/damage.Now imagine ranger having more utility than warrior AND nearly the same damage.

You also need to consider how hard it is to buff those skills to a good degree (not max dmg possible).

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Eurantien.4632 said:Given that warrior can generate might kinda whenever it wants with multiple skills and traits, I just hit the light golem with a fully buffed eviscerate for 12.8k and a fully buffed mauls only hits for 11.3k.

The difference is only 1500 damage, that's when warrior spends 3 bars of adrenaline. Spellbreaker can't even use more than one bar and berserker doesn't have evis :smiley:Warrior doesn't have a pet, can't stealth etc and we all know how strong it was with just stun/sustain/damage.Now imagine ranger having more utility than warrior AND nearly the same damage.

You also need to consider how hard it is to buff those skills to a good degree (not max dmg possible).

Ah well warrior has a higher base hp pool, higher base toughness, and every other weapon skill it has hits harder than every other ranger weapon skill. so it kinda makes up for that fact. It is also wasnt that hard. Just had to with an F1 and get my burst mastery going and then swap and F1 again.

Thief, I just had to take some dps traits and pop that sweet dps signet. I got way more stealth and way more mobility.

None of them have to deal with pesky AI and its terrible pathing/response times.

We're you trying to say buff ranger? Cause damn

@shadowpass.4236 said:

And no, it's the
opposite
. GS rangers aren't dominating the top of the ladder currently, nor have they been very relevant in previous seasons.

Lmao...I play with alot of people. I don't remember you specifically. Sorry...if it longer then like 3 days ago I don't really remember, it's just a video game. SryI'm just mentioning my own personal experiences sry if they upset you.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"Revolution.5409" said:Warrior also has multipliers:Obviously it does, every class has them.Ranger has stronger modifiers though. Stuff like 25% on Attack of Opportunity.

Warrior has better access to strength than a Ranger, and traits that improve its effectiveness, such as Forceful Greatsword which doubles the bonus.And ranger has pets with 3+ coefficients.

It is the way it is applied that is different, Ranger to get Attack of Opportunity must precast Maul or interrupt an opponent and is valid for a single hit, it is not a spam of modifiers.Instead on my Warrior I know for sure to get 12 stack Might / fury / 1300 healing using every 4 seconds For Great Justice (trained)

Please, as far as I can agree that the coefficients of pets must be adapted to everything else, let's stop using them as a shield or pretext to request nerf, they are the same pets as always, with always the same problems.They have never been a problem and have not become a problem now.

Are you sure?https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Shake_It_Off!%22https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vigorous_Shouts

the build I refer to is this:https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_GreataxeHowever I use strength rune.And with this post of mine I don't care to show that Warrior is better than Ranger but only that there are comparable and equally effective Builds, I don't want the damage of power to be nerfed on any profession.

You will only have them when you play survival, what you are not doing when you play marksmanship soulbeast.If you are not playing marksmanship soulbeast you are not doing that high dmg.Soulbeast where better before patch, regardless of pet swap, the stances nerf and the changes of taunt and protect me killed it completely, if you go full dps you die as fast as you kill, if you go survival you will miss the pet swap and are less worth than a core ranger in every aspect.

And for the Maul dps, Maul is the biggest telegraphed skill in the game that only hits hard when you buff the skills. It's very easy to dodge and since they nerfed knock back dmg it's the only real meele dmg output that's left. Auto attacks are super slow and you will more die than you do dmg and gs3 is better for an escape as for an attack.If you want to nerf mail you need to buff every other dmg output of ranger or it will completely die

@Eurantien.4632 said:For ranger GS, the only skill worth dodging is maul. The other skills don't do any dmg lmao.

I literally brain-farted on this when I previously said that Eddo's 15 sec CD suggestion could be acceptable for maul, I was in pre-patch mode where my counterkick did 10k+ XD

Yeah no friggin way to a maul CD increase, we'd literally have no damage on GS in that case.

let's be real, to get even remotely close to a number like this the ranger would need to slot unrealistic utilities and also do a massive setup... sure, it looks pretty when you test with somebody and get hit from a number of multipliers while they're standing still.

it makes for a good thread - but you are useless in matches and provide little to nothing in a game of conquest, anybody would prefer you run something that can actually take pressure without getting destroyed and auto-focused every game.

but dmg mitigation exists , and honestly against anybody decent and i wont even mention against top tier players like naru, phantaram you will get absolutely slaughtered and again, auto focused, because we all know , aside from the sheep that gobble this thread up to back up their claims that maul or ranger is busted because they don't want to learn how to fight against rangers, this build is absolutely useless IF IT EVEN EXISTS (which I highly doubt hence why the SS is cropped to begin with).

try this build against ANY competent build in the meta right now, and try it against d/f ele LR , you will get slaughtered - this doesn't matter how good you are, to even get high numbers on maul would mean you need to sacrifice almost EVERY survival utility you have. top rangers like shadowfall and eurantien most likely will vouch for this , and eurantien is somebody who would un-biasely vouch for this.

these kinds of threads are pointless, provide no context and "1 shot ranger" has always been a meme , esp to players who are good in PvP... in WvW sure, maybe you can sacrifice some dmg and still get high numbers and also be able to run some more survivability because stat mixing exists but in PvP with the amulet options you have, it's just not realistic.

it's on par with churning earth bomb builds , they're memes , sheep stop gobbling this bullshit up please

@Eurantien.4632 said:

Given that warrior can generate might kinda whenever it wants with multiple skills and traits, I just hit the light golem with a fully buffed eviscerate for 12.8k and a fully buffed mauls only hits for 11.3k . kitten, rifle does 14k. This is on core war. Berserker can get even higher, right? Volley is even better than rapid fire. 15.8k basckstab on thief.

Idk what i'm doin on rev but I can get a 7k coaelscence of ruin. Thats a ranged attack that hits multiple targets.

Please tell me how can I backstab for 15.8k pos patch

@"ZhouX.8742" said:let's be real, to get even remotely close to a number like this the ranger would need to slot unrealistic utilities and also do a massive setup... sure, it looks pretty when you test with somebody and get hit from a number of multipliers while they're standing still.

it makes for a good thread - but you are useless in matches and provide little to nothing in a game of conquest, anybody would prefer you run something that can actually take pressure without getting destroyed and auto-focused every game.

but dmg mitigation exists , and honestly against anybody decent and i wont even mention against top tier players like naru, phantaram you will get absolutely slaughtered and again, auto focused, because we all know , aside from the sheep that gobble this thread up to back up their claims that maul or ranger is busted because they don't want to learn how to fight against rangers, this build is absolutely useless IF IT EVEN EXISTS (which I highly doubt hence why the SS is cropped to begin with).

try this build against ANY competent build in the meta right now, and try it against d/f ele LR , you will get slaughtered - this doesn't matter how good you are, to even get high numbers on maul would mean you need to sacrifice almost EVERY survival utility you have. top rangers like shadowfall and eurantien most likely will vouch for this , and eurantien is somebody who would un-biasely vouch for this.

these kinds of threads are pointless, provide no context and "1 shot ranger" has always been a meme , esp to players who are good in PvP... in WvW sure, maybe you can sacrifice some dmg and still get high numbers and also be able to run some more survivability because stat mixing exists but in PvP with the amulet options you have, it's just not realistic.

it's on par with churning earth bomb builds , they're memes , sheep stop gobbling this kitten up please

Its not unrealistic to do this much damage though. It wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for stealth though probably. I accept that.