Super Adventure Festival 2020

Laevateinn.6289

-I love ewery single zone from both worlds of SAB, but last zone of world 2 was the best because it is perfectly made bossfight zone with lot of secrets, with great boss at the end, great music and great mechanics.

-As for weekly vendor i would love to have acces to a tear 6 lodestones because i feel like there is not much of a way how to farm them outside of map rewards.

-I WANT NEW WORLD like eweryone else, but i aswell enjoy the jumping puzzles so the lobby could have more than one Puzzle to go with, and maybe more of the special weapons or tools (but that could be shipped to new world :) )

Annyway it's great that you didnt forgot about new world, and i am glad that we now at least know you are working on it, the worst thing is lack of information, and in last few months you have given us hope, hype and bright future for the game, and i am glad for it <3

@"Laevateinn.6289"This doesn't mean a new World is happening this year. There will be new secrets to find in the Box, a new meta achievement reward and a new set of weapons to collect – a different twist on the original set rather than the usual new color – but the doors to Worlds 3 and 4 will remain shut. However, we haven't given up on a larger addition to the Super Adventure Box, and even if it isn't this year or the next, we'll be chipping away at it behind the scenes. You may even see some new assets in the Box this year from outside the Worlds you know…

I'm happy to learn that even if world 3 or world 4 aren't here this year or the next, that you are working on it :D I will wait impatiently to see the rest of SAB even if it mean it will arrive in 2023. It's just it could have been done since a long time. You lost time. Even if only a few peoples were working on it and taking 3 years to develop a world, if you count since 2015, it could have been finished this year.

Sadly, I can't thanks enough the team/ devs who worked on that project, especially Josh Foreman who is a legend at my eyes. Even Rytlock's Critters Rampage is a real masterpiece. And remember, STAHP DA GRAPHICS! Be sure I will be after all of you if you decide to release purchasable world 3/4. Will buy them.

What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?*none, I dredge through it for the AP, but otherwise, it's not pleasant to look at, or listen to, content. Sorry for the developers, but in my honest opinion, they missed every nail with the hammer when they went for the retro style. A holographic style, or a retro style, could both have been nice, but now we have the worst of the two with too little redemption for it to be considered a pleasant festival.

Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?an item that hides/mutes SAB items/skins/utilities in the outside world. Seeing the SAB glider, SAB skins, etc, is really not how I want to remember this game.There's already a glider I see too often in raids and the like, all I can pray for is that we'll never see SAB mounts.

What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?As should be evident from my first reply, I'd love for the festival to be scrapped. Naturally, you won't, and there are people who enjoy it. All I'm asking is.. please consider priorities, is the festival good enough to consume development resources from 'main game'-content?

@Laevateinn.6289, @Anet: No more biases, no more gauging based on forums. I have the solution to finally know how many of your database love and hate about SAB!BRING BACK THE HOLO NEWS KREWE! https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achelle manage to add them during SAB release.MAKE ACHELLE ASK A POLL! What's your opinion about that adventure box? Answers: I would like to see more minigame in that style, I like it a lot and would like to see more worlds, I like it how it is currently, Everything related to SAB should stay in that box, I hate those skins polluting and ruining the immersion, I hate SAB and so on!

Let's know the real stats about it, let the numbers speaks and every vote count instead of basing yourself on 40 posters on the matter! Gw2 efficiency only count 205 331 accounts, but adding a poll IN-GAME can give you an opinion closer to the reality. Let's finally know the truth about the hate or the love about that festival.But for a thing nobody cares about and a ton of posters hate, having 11k + views on the thread is pretty neat, it's more than visions of the past.

So happy to hear from this, and honestly... I hope you guys are still listening. The super adventure festival is my favourite time of the year in GW2, and I love it so much. I'm super grateful you guys are bringing it back and working on it more :).

The Super Adventure Festival will activate in mid-April this year, instead of overlapping with April 1st. The Super Adventure Box originally started as an April Fools' Day joke, but it's expanded into a real festival over time. Since we usually do a little something for April Fools' Day anyway, having that minor holiday overlapping Super Adventure Festival caused a yearly headache to ship both events simultaneously or temporarily turned off. This year we're going to give the Super Adventure Festival some space from the 1st to let it and April Fools' stand independently.

First of all - super happy to hear of the return of silly April Fools' stuff. I looved the bobbleheads and aviator stuff, it was so funny! I'm happy you guys do these things.

• What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?

W2Z1 is far and wide my favourite, following W2Z2/3. I just love how atmospheric it is - I've found the US national parks absolutely gorgeous, Smokey Bear is a favourite of mine and I loved the reference, and just... the country style is a big favourite. My favourite place in all of SAB is that long bridge across nothing. I always sit down and enjoy the time a bit. All of W2 honestly just feels so atmospheric, it really tugs me in.

• Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?

The weekly vendor was a great addition too, if you ask me. I'd love to see a rune/sigil choosy box, or perhaps limited-time passes to the special lounges? Super

• What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?

Honestly, at the moment, mostly a new world - and I'd be super grateful if it brought a tribulation mode (I really love W2Z3 that way - easy way to the end for casual play, tougher way for achievements, super-trying tribulation mode). Things that are fun to do with friends are also a huge plus. My biggest worry currently is that I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to go back to stuff I've already done so often, and I don't find things like daily achievements or races quite as exciting. I loove flute songs, little upgrades, all that kind of stuff :). The extra little collection from last year was suuper cool. Maybe there can be a yearly collection to get more bauble infusions or so?Honestly just - give me reasons to go inside the SAB levels and get cool things, and I'll be happy <3

(Also, as a teensy tiny request, can the price of the upgraded health refill be brought down to 10 baubles? I love the animations and I haven't wanted to upgrade so far because I dont want to run myself dry on potion costs :x)

My favorite stage is Storm Top. I love the verticality of the level design as well as the branching paths and shortcut opportunities.

For the weekly vendor, I would like to see a dungeon token choosy box as an option.

Other than new worlds, I'd want to see some additional somewhat difficult daily challenges added that have a chance to pay out the rarer skins.

@Jaidy.1824 said:Super Adventure Festival is not my thing, so i won't be playing it. I enjoy all the other festival events, but this doesn't fit in the game IMHO.

@BatelGeuce.3591 said:Since I don't participate in this festival I'll only answer this question. It would be nice if there was an activity for the rest of us, who don't enjoy playing and exploring W1 and W2. I'd take anything really, just so I can get some of the skins and collections. Some kind of race or fighting arena-like activities (preferably PvE, stuff like Boss Blitz or Celestial Challenge which was a nice new feature, but maybe more engaging and rewarding).

An alternative activity would be great. ( @Anet, maybe check tallies for players who avoid this content )

I play GW2 for ARPG, I've never enjoyed the mindlessness of platformers.

@"Laevateinn.6289" said:

• What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?

Dark Woods. Not totally sure why, but it has a good balance of openness and guidedness: there's plenty of scope for exploring and things to find, but there's also a straightforward path to the end. The verticality is nicely as well - jumping around in the trees is fun, but not really punishing if you fall off. Plus it has my favourite piece of SAB music.

Pain Cliffs is my runner up, but it's too long and really should have been split into at least two levels (like every zone in World 2). Plus the dart traps feel like a cheap trick - easy to avoid when you know what to look for, but an unexpected annoyance when you don't. I know that sort of thing fits into the retro gaming theme, but it does feel pretty cynical. But otherwise it's a great zone - similar verticality to Dark Woods, but it feels much more precarious.

• Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?

I don't really care, I'm not particularly motivated by rewards.

• What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?

A new world! With an underwater level! I'm not really bothered about minigames - SAB is essentially already a mingame anyway.

@"Laevateinn.6289" said:The Super Adventure Festival will activate in mid-April this year

It's the only online activity I have truly been looking forward to in excitement, especially in the current lockdown situation, and now it will be released three weeks later than usual? :(

I actually love all levels <3 , except "Rapids", which is mostly because of the color combinations there (too much brown for my taste). Game design-wise, they are all uniquely wonderful to play. :+1:

Two suggestions for future levels:

• avoid slippery ground uphill like in "Storm Top" (I hurt my left thumb's knuckle last year from frequently having to spam the space bar in this level; it's still not 100% healed)
  • avoid narrow-space jumping pads like at the end of "Pain Cliffs", they are frustrating because of the severe server lag during the festival (it's no fun to have to repeat the same sequence hundreds of times because of it)
  • Laurels! :+1:
  • I am a huge fan of the Tyrian Exchange Voucher, but I think many more currencies should be added to it! Also, making more than one Voucher per week available for purchase would be a welcome change. :)

P.S. Completely unrelated: Please add new stuff to the three Wardrobe Unlocks! I have - combined - hundreds of them waiting to become useable again.

World 3 and 4 is all I am hoping for. :) The races and other things you've added last years are great, too, and others might have new interesting suggestions - but to me, nothing beats playing the "story" levels. <3

I have to say, it's hard to pick a favorite because every zone is a lot of fun. Even if I'm not playing as often through the year, as soon as I hear SAB is on, I log to spend days in there. My favorite part of GW2 (so much so that I have SAB notifications on my phone).If I had to pick though, I guess the assassin level W2Z2 is my favorite, I think the mechanics of such different things, like feeding the fish to the octopus, jumping the pagodas, the ninja fists to open doors, hitting the beams into the gong, something about that zone stands out a little more.

• Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?I wouldn't mind mount skins that are like the animals in SAB. Like the Beedog for griffin, Spider with sunglasses or goat for bunny, snake for raptor type thing. But I definitely love anything that just relates to SAB

Of course I want the new world content, I've been waiting years for it! But I also really want to know what's going on in the hole in the HUB, lol. When all the animals march around the hub, they enter a black hole. Like, what do they do in there? Is it a dance party? Do they fight each other? Taking a coffee break from fighting us?

What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?

My favorite level has to be Sunny Glade, specifically in Tribulation Mode, mainly because I have Duskk's cover of that song stuck in my head constantly and it quickly became one of my favorite songs since I first heard it.

Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?

Maybe not so much as something new but to continue to provide a way to get map currency for LWS4 maps for players who may be intimidated by the grind.

What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?

Because I like the soundtrack, I personally would like to see the remaining songs, Normal and Duskk, put on boomboxes.

@Wooden.1504 said:Old Problems:

• Make baubles go into material storage.
  • Fix dodge-jump or make those specific jumps possible without it.New Additions:
  • World 3
  • World 4These are things your players have expected. I would recommended addressing those first.

Isnt dodge jump only necessary for some skips? Completing a lvl with the bnormal route doesnt require them iirc.

I love the SAB - really looking forward to trying trib mode this year.

I don't have a favorite level but probably prefer world 1 to world 2.

As far as the vendor, I would kind of like to see the new crystal shards available.

My favorite part is earning decorations for the guild hall and I would really like to see the fountain from the main area as a gh deco. A hillbilly cabin would also be nice. I would also like to see a wintersday style race and maybe a mount race if that were possible.

Looking forward to the fun

• Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?I would like to see buyable content to change the Eye of the North.
    1. Give the Crystal Bloom SAB furniture to sit/sleep on.
    2. Replace the Crystal Bloom with SAB NPCs
    3. Change sections of the Eye of North with SAB Architecture/scenery

This idea can be expanded on with every festival, and would allow each of us to design our own Eye of the North.

What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?

• I would have to say World 2-2, mostly because I find it has the most challenging jumps, puzzles, and enemies of all the worlds. It's sufficiently long and complicated. Of course I'm referring to normal mode. To me the old 8-bit genre of games from the 80's were tough. They had ridiculously hard jumps and you just died... a lot. SAB, to me, pays a loving tribute to these old games and I appreciate the challenge. I've been playing GW2 since launch, and I'd really like a new challenge in SAB.

Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?

• A random mini (even better if you could have a pixelated GW2 npc)
  • Some of the new Season 4 currencies that are normally a daily farm (Difluorite Crystals, Kralkatite Ore, etc.)
  • Hard-to-get Consumables

What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?

1. Highest priority on a new World... as someone else said, I'd be more than happy if all that was released was World 3-1 and nothing else. I would be totally cool if every year all that was added was another single level. 3-2 in 2021, 3-3 in 2022, etc. :)

2. BUT, if a new World just isn't possible I'd love to see something new, but re-using existing assets. For example:

• A fractal that is a mash-up of different SAB levels
    • A PvP map set in a new SAB environment, but could just be a re-hash of different SAB assets. (Imagine that Moto adds a new "multi-player" option to SAB) and you have to use your weapons on each other!
    • A new "racing game" that Moto makes as a new cartridge. In this, you once again use existing SAB assets, but turn SAB into a PvP game where everyone has to run around some elabaorate jumping puzzle. Same as the race inside the Hub... but this would have Monsters that are strategically placed to slow you down (also ice in fun spots).

@"Laevateinn.6289" said:

• What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?I think it's 2-1 as it makes most use of the environment it is in - there are RUSHING RAPIDS, and the INFLAMMABLE TREES, and several SECRET CAVES to explore.Then again I love 2-3 for the many HIDDEN PATHS you can take aswell. World 1 is a little boring to me as.It definitely isn't 2-2 due to the JUMPING PLATFORMS / trampolines never having been fixed if you experience some latency.I also noticed 8-bit underwater effects are prepared (probably for W3 given it has lots of waterfallsy things). Would be interesting to see such content.

• Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?I wish you could get a Boom Box with additional (tribulation) songs of W1/2. Several are missing.

• What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?Well if you're planning to bring back W3, you could probably bring back the "Sneak Peek" of it with Moto's Lab and the Genie in a Bottle?

-Frankly, every zone from world 1 is awesome. My favorite will be W2-Z1 for the design and the raft on the river part. I like the mountain, and the global setting zone.The issue with W2-Z2 and Z3 is they are too long and a kind of maze but I do like their designs too, any zone of SAB is well made in fact. ^^

-I would like to see a weekly Bl Key, hair kits since their removal of bl chest I don't see them anymore. Apart that, mystic coin, dungeon currency ticket, material bag... you can even create a lounge with a pass only available for a big amount of baubles bubbles. :)

-I would like to have new world, 3 and 4, in the line of world 1, don't make it hard, don't make it long, just a direct path to follow. Again, will notice it here, I'm ready to pay real money to unlock them if it can help to develop it and if I can see it one day. :+1:

• I would like to see W3-1 zone coming back with the genie and moto's lab in rata sum.-For guild hall, I would like to have more w1 assets: Bouncing mushroom, big tree leaves, water and lava floors, checkpoint cloud, ah and big angry cloud.-We have gliders, we have a chair; I know I will have a bunch of angry clouds popping about that but: Consider SAB mounts skins, and SAB outfit: A blocky warrior armor like lord vanquish or an holographic one.-More boom boxes. DuskK made ton of metal remix, two more can surely be created. \o/-Boss rumble? But maybe once SAB is finished. King toad -> Storm Wizard -> Kaiser Snake -> Crimson Assassin -> Lord Vanquish

So about the minigames, I would like to see Mina's shooting stand in DR perfectly implemented. The Golem chess reinstaured in Soren Draa. Polymock added in Rata Sum. A minigame developed in the grove and one in Black citadel too. I would like more DIY activities: creating your beetle racetrack, design your sabworld in a personnal instance, HOUSING.....

Related to SAB:1-Battleground, a SAB w1 style map with two camps: Heroes with Miya and villagers and on the other side Vanquish and SAB foes.Have to go in the other camp and to destroy a crystal or whatever with bombs.2-Simulation, like Taimi game, but with SAB foes, with leaderboard or points to exchange for decos or whatever goodies available at weekly vendor.3-Race, Everyone on a SAB foe we use like a mount, on the racetracks boxes giving items in the style of SAB (snake ball, spiky stick, tnt barrel... like mario kart).

Wait?! Won't SAB be open today?! It was the worst news of the year for me. I didn't even sleep well, as I was very anxious waiting for the festival to be activated TODAY. Now I end up receiving disappointing, sad and demotivating news like that. My expectations were there on the floor, animation was there at 0. The last thing I want to do now is to play gw2. :s :/

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Isnt dodge jump only necessary for some skips? Completing a lvl with the bnormal route doesnt require them iirc.

Tribulation Mode is nearly impossible without dodge-jumps. There are several instances where you die if you don't get your dodge-jumps right.

I'm pretty sure Dulfy made video guides for both World 1 and 2 Tribulation modes and she never dodge-jumped in them...