Super Adventure Festival 2020

Laevateinn.6289

@"Laevateinn.6289" said:
  • What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?I don't know if I have a favorite level, but I enjoy playing through all the zones several times every year it comes back out.
  • Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?I had no idea lol. I'm just there to play the Worlds and have fun with friends. Oh and by myself :3. I've beaten every tribulation zone. (my friends don't have the patience)
  • What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?I have a lot of ideas. And I mean a lot. But something I think should be added, is a Bonus World, This bonus world would have 4 zones, you unlock each one for completing each World. Each bonus zone would also have a secret location to find that gives an achievment. The secret location would also have a lever that would skip several steps in the level, except with Bonus Zone 4.

World 1 Bonus - Huge tree parkour map. And I mean probably take 10-15 minutes, to complete, going as fast as possible. This level would have secret areas as well that give you boons like jump boost and speed abilities (specifically for that level), to complete the level faster. So its your choice to either do the whole thing with no boons or try to save time going for the boons. The boons could be toggle-able as to not make easy jumps more difficult (having too much speed or jump boost).----Basics - Lots of trunks, branches, leaves, and mushrooms (it doesn't have to just be one tree you're climbing), etc----Time - 10-20 minutes

World 2 Bonus - A sort of solo death run game. A mountain, that goes from the lush areas like in zone 1 to the cloud areas in zone 2 to the icy areas in zone 3, and finally to the summit of a volcano. The goal is to get to the top while dodging a lot of objects and enemies, while the ground around you breaks from earthquakes. At the top you throw in an item you find during the run and it is a 'sacrifice' to appease the volcano so it doesn't erupt. Or if you don't have the item you can sacrifice yourself. Both ways would earn an achievement, so you'd have to do it twice to earn both achievements. If you throw yourself in first, there would be a sub-text saying something like, "I think there was a better way of doing this." NOTE: the way where you get the item would be a bit harder (Lava would also be running down the sides, melting the ice and snow and the land.)----Basics - Boulders, enemies (some attacking you, some running away from the summit), waterfalls, clouds, ice, lava, earthquakes, etc----Time: 6-12 minutes

World 3 Bonus - Puzzle Parkour. Have to jump around stalactites and stalagmites and cave walls to hit switches and timers to open, close, blow up, doors and walls; and raise new platforms; and raise the water level or something.----Basics - Cave walls, pillars, ceiling and floor spikes and 'ites. Tunnels, traps, bridges. (if you ever played 2003 Hobbit, the idea kinda came from that), etc----Time - 7-15 minutes

World 4 Bonus - "Stealth" mission. It would have a mix of all 3 of the previous Bonus worlds, puzzles, traps, and parkour, but this time there are a lot more enemies. The goal is to make it to the 'highest room in the tallest tower' of the castle without killing any enemies. The more enemies you kill, the harder it is to complete, but it is possible. There would also be an achievement called something like, "Stealth WAS optional" where you kill every enemy there is. The secret location in this map would be as far down as you can go in the dungeons, but it would be way way harder (also possible without killing but would make it extremely difficult) There would also be an achievement for going to the secret and to the tallest tower without killing (extremely difficult). NOTE: I think it would be funny if at the end of the level there was just a pixelated wolf wearing old woman clothes in the room, as a 'subtle' reference.----Basics: Castle walls, towers, dungeons, streets, stables, throne room, halls, other things you'd find in a castle, LOTS OF ENEMIES, etc----Time: 15-35 minutes (going to the dungeon and back up would take a while)

Bare in mind, that Bonus Zone 3 and 4 are based purely off the locations you see in the loading screen where it shows the quill drawing your path. World 3 looks like it has 3 different underground areas, so they could be implemented into the puzzles and traps too. I just know about the cave level because there is a quick preview after World 2 Zone 3.

And again, I have way more ideas, but this is just a basic one I have.Also. the Bonus World entrance would be hidden too/hard to get to in the Hub.

What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box?

• W1Z1 but for me I like them all.

What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?

• Tied up animation emote book

What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future?

• More Tied up animations in Game Over scene for each world :D

I would like to see the new worlds opened up and the new levels should be of smaller variety. I think World 1 level 1 should be the benchmark on length. As in difficulty that is a more variable component because what is hard for one is easy to another. I think it would need to be at least difficult to require some thinking but not some saddest level that makes people cry. As for rewards... Sorry to say it I don't play for the weapon skins because they do not appeal to me at all. I have never used any of them and I've been playing this content since the first year it came out. To be completely honest I rarely see anyone using them. I do hear a few of the warhorns from time to time when in large groups. I may be interested in some SAB Armor if done right. Then I may be interested in the other skins as well. For the weekly vendor maybe materials for the new SAB Armor you need to create :bleep_bloop:

For Weekly Vendor I would like to see:

• new type Chest of choice with( 3 Mystic Aspect or Mystic Mote to chossee) We have for 2th gen legendary shards chest of choice.
  • Clovers
  • Heavy/large/medium & light crafting bag
  • Black lion booster

I would like to see in other vendor to convert back Fancy Furniture Coins into Baubles

What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?None.Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?Nothing. Just give us a permanent vendor with all you have to offer.What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future?Please invest your time into Core game, that is avaliable for longer than 2 weeks and it is less annoying.

Its a bummer that SAB got delayed, i've been hyping over the last two months and I literally can't wait to play it.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"hugo.4705" said:

Makes me laugh to think that video ad and "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH" both came from the same marketing department.

Best of all is that its a Wizards & Warriors commercial reference.

1) Unpopular opinion, but I really like the pain cliffs. World 2 Zone 2. It was very satisfying beating that the first time. However, I'm of the type that love an insane challenge. With that in mind, I still want Tribulation to be really hard, but I understand that other people want the "Normal" difficulty to be easier.

2) Mounts. Please give us SAB mounts or player Skins. That'd be wonderful. I would love to have Super Adventure Armor, not just weapon Skins.

3) "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" is my answer! I want to see Worlds 3 and 4 and to finally defeat Lord Vanquish, please! In terms of gameplay, I liked the idea someone else had of adding a hookshot type of ability. Also, a boss at the end of each zone would be great, not just at the end of each world, but that might be asking for too much. I'd love it.

1. world 3 and 4, it's been so many years we've been waiting for it ^^

2. Rewards you can only get once a week.Like mystic coins or mystic clovers by killing the last bosses of each world, to make people go a little bit.Or a quo like strike missions, the first 3 times you do the daily in a week you get that as well.

3. More SAB decorations

4. can be special masteries that lasts only during the festival.One that allows you to move more easily or tp, ...One on improving the festival rewards a bit like in fractals.

I don't really do much SAB, my skills suck at it too much. But it would help me if the skill unlocks were account wide so I could at least change up which alt is jumping. Cosmetic issue only, of course, but it feels constricting only having one character with a pile of tools in his arsenal in there.

@"GW Noob.6038" said:I don't do jumping puzzles, nor do I do "adventure" type content...the graphics there are awful, and the music is even worse; what does the Super Adventure Festival have to offer me?

Obviously nothing, if you feel that way about it.

But plenty for the rest of us. ;)

@"Laevateinn.6289" said:

• What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?

• Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?

• What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?

1. World 2 Zone 1: Just the right length, with cool Frogger sections, a boat ride, and a neat aesthetic that reminds me of Super Mario Bros 2.
  2. Rotating selection of SAB decorations for furniture tokens instead of baubles. Single blue SAB skin selection box at a reduced bauble cost.
  3. First and foremost, a new world, even one zone at a time. Less ambitiously, maybe another Super Adventure Quest to actually get the upgrade behind the destroyable wall in World 2 Zone 2. The one that teases an upgraded power fist. Better rewards for the bonus round zones at the ends of worlds would be appreciated. Maybe some sort of SAB strike mission that has players platforming and using items to beat a boss.

What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?Fav World is the original and really long 2-2, sadly a long that large should be in 3-2 or 3-3 but the idea was fantastic. Jumping form pilar to pilar, the puzzle with the pushing skill, improving your stick with the nunchucks, new mechanics is what everyone wants.What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future?Obviously a new world, an exclusive world for 4 people with collab puzzles like the ones for Guild Missions but using SAB skills, perhaps a pvp arena like a free for all, capture the flag or king of the hill in SAB with idk rainbow SAB skins for PVP baubles. Improved skills like when you improve your stick with the nunchucks or the candle with the torch in new worlds. Baubles in the Wallet. Underwater world like in Super Mario. More hidden places to explore. SpeedRun timed versions of every world with Gold, Silver and Bronze achievements like the ones in HoT adventures. SAB Mount themes skins, example switch the Springer with a SAB King Toad Skin (Off course i'm not asking it for free but that could give you good income and player would love that)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"GW Noob.6038" said:I don't do jumping puzzles, nor do I do "adventure" type content...the graphics there are awful, and the music is even worse; what does the Super Adventure Festival have to offer me?

Obviously nothing, if you feel that way about it.

But
plenty
for the rest of us. ;)

Your feeble attempt to isolate me has failed. This game is dying and there are very few people playing it these days, and these "festivals" are a contributing factor. Anet made a colossal mistake when they designed these seasonal events....instead of spreading the festivities to all maps, in the form of special drops and scavenger hunts and the like, they decided to restrict them to one specific location which sucks the life out of all the other maps. Very dumb decision.

World 1 Zone 3 is my favorite! My heart was racing and my jaw dropped when I blindly discovered the green maze, finding ways to traverse it. I was convincing myself that it contained the Kaiser Snake (after all, why would there be a weapon set for it?!) and despite being a tinge let down there wasn't a boss battle, the experience was thrilling to say the least! I wish other zones have expansions to them such as that maze.

Oh and the meta achievement secrets there were glorious.

My second fav would be 2-1. Something about this zone--the scale of it as well as its secrets makes it stand out. The fresh, outdoorsy feel stood out to me, and felt like a more realistic zone 1-1.

@GW Noob.6038 said:Your feeble attempt to isolate me has failed.

Paranoid much? :lol:

@GW Noob.6038 said:instead of spreading the festivities to all maps

That would make zero sense. It is a simulated, virtual reality within a cube built with Asuran technology.

I would hate having SAB graphics and sounds all over the place (just like I am not a fan of SAB skins and gimmicks being used outside of the 3.5 weeks of SAB). I think it is perfect the way it is.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@GW Noob.6038 said:Your feeble attempt to isolate me has failed.

Paranoid much? :lol:

@GW Noob.6038 said:instead of spreading the festivities to all maps

That would make zero sense. It is a simulated, virtual reality within a cube built with Asuran technology.

I would hate having SAB graphics and sounds all over the place (just like I am not a fan of SAB skins and gimmicks being used outside of the 3.5 weeks of SAB). I think it is perfect the way it is.

True...but the only reason SAB exists is because they made the hugely unwise decision to localize the seasonal event content in the first place. All the other seasonal events coulda/shoulda/woulda been available on all maps, if they were wise and made good decisions...but, they are not wise people and they have made some pretty terrible decisions throughout the development of the game.

Would it be a crazy idea to implement any levels youre working on, right now, as a sort of 'Bug Tester' event? like, story-wise, it could be Moto's been working on levels for ages, but has been running into problems left and right, and lets us help test them, in their unfinished state?

other than that...I think I like Storm Top, if only because the music has this great 'uphill climb' sound to it that gets really intense as it goes on.. really exciting stuff.I think for the weekly vendor, maybe a black lion key for 50 bubbles or something could be nice.i'd love to see new levels as anyone else would, but how about SAB themed mount skins.. that could be really fun... like a Shortcut Eagle for a Griffon, or a Beedog for the Skyscale, since they can both hover.... and the 1 skill would even be like the queen bee's attack where she fires bees at you...

@Laevateinn.6289 said:The Super Adventure Festival will activate in mid-April this year, instead of overlapping with April 1st. The Super Adventure Box originally started as an April Fools' Day joke, but it's expanded into a real festival over time. Since we usually do a little something for April Fools' Day anyway, having that minor holiday overlapping Super Adventure Festival caused a yearly headache to ship both events simultaneously or temporarily turned off. This year we're going to give the Super Adventure Festival some space from the 1st to let it and April Fools' stand independently.

Does someone have a precise date? I would like to take a few days of my holidays for this.