Super Adventure Festival 2020

Laevateinn.6289

@Laevateinn.6289 said:

• What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?

Definitely W1Z1. It's fast, lots of easy to reach dig spots, bright and cute aesthetic. If you die or fall it doesn't take too long to recover. It's perfect.

• Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?

More clovers.

I'm a little disappointed that we have to wait a couple more weeks. I've been looking forward to this festival and when I saw the patch this evening I thought it was coming a day early.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:You die a lot even with dodge jumping, believe me! :blush:

I don't need to believe you :p , I did Tribulation Mode a total of 96 times for the infusions. ;)

You still die a lot less with well-timed dodge-jumps than without.

@Kiyaira.4738 said:Changing a release date is not fun. :(

At least, they could have announced it earlier instead of last minute.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:You die a lot even with dodge jumping, believe me! :blush:

I don't need to believe you :p , I did Tribulation Mode a total of 96 times for the infusions. ;)

You still die a lot less with well-timed dodge-jumps than without.

I kinda feel for the truly dedicated who book time off work for their favourite ingame events...

What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?I only have one LEAST favorite. World 2 level 2 without the Eagle shortcut.

Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?Please KEEP the chest of shards and Tyrian vouchers. Put in a Black Lion Key and you get instant addiction, no matter what it costs.

What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!"; but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?I would love if there was a Monthly Trader accepting baubles all year around. Same for other festivals. Refreshes on the 1st of every month. Besides that, Bell Choir from Wintesrday, with the SAB songs instead?

Speaking as a player who mostly pops in in April to play SAB, then plays a lot less during the off-season:

• What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?

I very much love 2-2. I actually really liked the Gong run, though I understand why it was decided to make it optional. The aesthetic is excellent and the play is on-theme.

• Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?

This is better answered by players who have more of a finger on the pulse of the economy, but I enjoyed getting more rewards for SAB.

• What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? Are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?

Aside from World 3 (really one of two number-3's I've been waiting for in gaming for some time), it would be nice to have a couple small missing cosmetics filled in. I know water weapons aren't favored as much anymore, but it would be nice to see a super spear, super harpoon gun, and super trident at some point. There's also the Exo-suit mount skins, which I know aren't necessarily SAB-related, but match the aesthetic of the Super weapons, and would be nice to have versions of the beetle/warclaw/skyscale

Having mount-race-style time-leaderboards for the worlds, separated by difficulty, would be pretty neat too.

I kinda feel for the truly dedicated who book time off work for their favourite ingame events...

If the delay was coronavirus related, the short notice would be understandable; however, if the delay is just to prevent an April 1st conflict, the extremely short notice is not fair to your fans.

PS: Would anyone else find it amusing if this is part of an elaborate April 1st joke, and the content launches tomorrow?

@"Laevateinn.6289" said:Hey everyone, it's that time of year when spring is in the air and our minds turn to the timeless seasonal pursuit of collecting baubles. There are some timing changes to the Super Adventure Festival this year that we don't want to take you by surprise, so let's get to it.

The Super Adventure Festival will activate in mid-April this year, instead of overlapping with April 1st. The Super Adventure Box originally started as an April Fools' Day joke, but it's expanded into a real festival over time. Since we usually do a little something for April Fools' Day anyway, having that minor holiday overlapping Super Adventure Festival caused a yearly headache to ship both events simultaneously or temporarily turned off. This year we're going to give the Super Adventure Festival some space from the 1st to let it and April Fools' stand independently.I'm a little sad about the extended wait since I'm really looking forward to this but thanks for the heads up!This doesn't mean a new World is happening this year. There will be new secrets to find in the Box, a new meta achievement reward and a new set of weapons to collect – a different twist on the original set rather than the usual new color – but the doors to Worlds 3 and 4 will remain shut. However, we haven't given up on a larger addition to the Super Adventure Box, and even if it isn't this year or the next, we'll be chipping away at it behind the scenes. You may even see some new assets in the Box this year from outside the Worlds you know…Very glad to hear this is being worked on! I've been hoping for new worlds for yearsFinally, if you have a few minutes I'd like to collect a little feedback about the Super Adventure Festival. Feel free to answer the following questions to help us make the game, and the game within the game, better than ever!

• What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?Definitely 2-3, I love the music and aesthetic and there's so many little side areas to find. The secrets and jumping puzzles are my favorite parts of SAB and I'd enjoy seeing more of that
  • Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?The weekly vendor isn't really something I'm interested in
  • What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?World 3 would be the biggest priority for me, SAB is my favorite event and I want to play it more but I've simply run out of things to do other than grind dailies/trib mode. In the mean time there a few QoL things I'd like to see. Please make baubles and bauble bubbles a currency/material so they're not clogging up my inventory. Additionally for those hunting the collect all the baubles achievement I think it would be nice for Betty Bauble to show up at some checkpoints to let you know if you're on track, especially before points of no return.As far as new content I think a strike mission would be fun, especially if crimson assassin tokens and kaiser snake boxes were possible drops to give us alternate ways of farming them. I also think it would be cool to see some of our SAB weapons as normal weapon skins, for example a pointy stick sword skin, a Moto's Finger focus etc.

There is a lot of great feedback about S.A.B. already, so I'll address the question about what I would enjoy as far as other minigames.

Personally, the most fun I've had in any multiplayer activity in this game was Southsun Survival. It was amazing. It IS amazing. I love every single thing about it. Sadly, each time it rolls around on the activity list, I enter empty games. Totally empty. No one plays it because there is no incentive to do so. What I'm trying to say here is, the problem isn't just about creating new interesting content, but also keeping old FUN content relevant. At a certain point, there needs to be either a commitment to keeping an activity engaging/relevant, or you need to just let it go.

Relevant to S.A.B., I think it should be opened year-round. It has never made any sense to keep it time-gated. It's one of the most beloved side activities in the game, and it's not truly holiday-themed. Heck, it would give you some opportunity to actually expand the other holiday events a bit if you made some small modifications to S.A.B. during the holidays so that it worked symbiotically with the regular holiday events near the end of the year.

Anet has the effrontery to mention W3 (and W4) WITHOUT Josh Foreman? The audacity!! :astonished:I really hope you can pull it off in a timely manner, and not just bait us like this. We've waited YEARS for this - don't disappoint us.

I join the others so far expressing disappointment in the lateness of the announcement, and why only now you've chosen to tell us that it's going to be late. Most seasoned SAB players would almost expect it to just pop up and be open around the 1st of April, no questions asked.

Favourite world/zone? W1Z1 because it was inviting, memorable and the most immersive introduction to a game I've seen in many decades.

Weekly Vendor items? Yes.

Super Adventure content to see in the future? The SAB to be open year-round, not just a festival. Admit it, actually you already have... SAB was supposed to be an April Fool's day joke, and has grown beyond itself now. I guarantee you I wouldn't be the only one patting you on the back for leaving the SAB open permanently. Show me another minigame that isn't available all year (actually SAB doesn't even have a map, so it's in a league of its own).

But keep working on W3 in the background, but don't troll us please... we'll be waiting, with nunchaku. :smirk:

I usually return to GW2 around the time of the Super Adventure Box. I liked it the first time and I still like it to this day, even though I wish we'd see world 3 and 4 someday. I don't care so much for the rewards as I do about the experience. It's like a gauntlet of colourful and silly jump puzzles. I should hate them, since they break the overall aesthetic of the game, but I don't. I love them!

As for the question:Q: What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?W2Z1 is probably my favourite as it is the most balanced level. The worlds prior are a bit too easy for me and the worlds that come after are a bit too long. My problem with W2Z2 is probably the music. It gets very repetitive, more so than any other level.

Q: Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?I've no real opinion, but I'm not sure if I like the concept of a weekly vendor. Won't that just trigger the fear of missing out?

Q: What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?I definitely want to see world 3 and 4 above anything else. That said, when it comes to rewards I kind of wish they'd look less Super Adventure Box-y and more GW2-y. Like, you can have a cool sword that starts to glow but instead of having it be retro blocky, have it just be a sword. As much as I love the Super Adventure Box, I don't really like using the skins (even though I've collected many, many of them!)

That's it! I was saddened to see that the Box hadn't opened today, but it is good to know it hasn't been shut forever. :smiley:

@"Dragon Pow the Twenty Third.9562" said:My favorite level has to be Sunny Glade, specifically in Tribulation Mode, mainly because I have Duskk's cover of that song stuck in my head constantly and it quickly became one of my favorite songs since I first heard it.Glad you like it!

@hugo.4705 said:-More boom boxes. DuskK made ton of metal remix, two more can surely be created. \o/I support this endeavor as well, for obvious reasons. :3

@Laevateinn.6289 said:However, we haven't given up on a larger addition to the Super Adventure Box, and even if it isn't this year or the next, we'll be chipping away at it behind the scenes.I'm here if/when you folks need me. ;)

@Laevateinn.6289 said:

• What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?It's hard to say, but it's probably 2-1. I love how it offers a lot of hidden corners to explore and alternate ways to get to places. It's not as straight-ahead as world 1, but at the same time not as long and sometimes overly-complicated as zone 2+3.

@Laevateinn.6289 said:

• Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?A small contingent of Furniture coins at a reduces price and/or available without the furniture store achievement (especially if you could teach the guild decorations trader to trade them in bulk)

For a non-weekly vendor (I know you didn't ask, but I'll still answer :p ) I'd love to see more minis, underwater weapon skins, and some kind of consumable pet (like the ogre pet whistle, fire elemental powder and similar you can get around the game). SAB flute as novelty instrument would be awesome, too.

@Laevateinn.6289 said:

• What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?I'm not usually a big fan of minigames, as mount races have a tendency to make me sick and competitive (or sometimes just timed) minigames tend to be more stress for me than I like. The one exception is the wintersday's bell choir which I find very relaxing. I could see a super-adventure variant of a life-sized board game type of activity or puzzle (sudoku-style maybe).

But first and foremost on my SAB wishlist will always be new maps and worlds to explore, preferably around the 1-3/2-1 level of difficulty at most, to keep normal mode accessible for those of us who just can't get precision jumps off thanks to bad connections or poor reflexes (with myself being among the later). The waterfall passage at the end of 2-1 already is a chore for me, there's days when I just can't pull it off, so anything more difficult/needing better reflexes is beyond my level.

@Laevateinn.6289 said:The Super Adventure Festival will activate in mid-April this year, instead of overlapping with April 1st. The Super Adventure Box originally started as an April Fools' Day joke, but it's expanded into a real festival over time.I remember six years ago commenting on one of the many "bring back SAB" threads how my then-8-year-old made me check the box in Rata Sum every other week to see if it hadn't opened again. She's fourteen now, and while her interests have changed a lot over the years, SAB still brings her back faithfully to Tyria each year. She's been asking me when SAB will be back since shortly after Wintersday and was disappointed to hear that she'll have to wait another two weeks before her favorite GW2 festival will open the doors again. We're both impatiently counting the days until the box will open again (while the rest of the family is dreading the day because it will be three weeks they won't have a chance to drag the two of us away from our computers :p ).

Personally I learned jumping thanks to the first SAB releases back in '13. I remember being home on sick leave and spending 6 hours non-stop trying to reach that one last shop in 1-3. Nothing else in this game has got me even close to that kind of dedication. I'm still a lousy jumper but decent enough to get through most of the normal levels ok, so if anybody on EU is looking for company for casual, relaxed adventures inside the box (infantile and normal only, I gladly leave tribulation to the younger people ;) ) feel free to get in touch with me!

What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box?I like all w1 more than w2. But I don't like boss frog in w1z3.

So best for me w1p1. i can't explain why - but I like it.

What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?wvw exp booster ?

What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future?I can't still close all current achievement on w1 and w2, so for me enough ..I don't go raid, but many people in guild cry "need raid" .. may be give some content to them better.

Love to hear you haven't given up on other levels further down the line! To answer your questions:

1. What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?

This would be W2Z1. I like the level of challenge provided best in W2Z2 and W2Z3, but both levels feel quite long even after having played it over and over (especially so in hardmode). W1Z1 is a bit short and easy (it is the first level of course), but delivers one of the best vibes to the player - it just feels "fun" to play. So I guess W2Z1 is the map that hits the sweet spot in between, my only complains is that it's about 5 min too long (in it's original version!)

2. Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?
    I'd like to see the option for Kaiser Snake or Assassin Tokens. I love collecting whole sets of items, especially festival items! Sadly the amount of YEARS it would take to complete it is a quite off-putting right now. In addition, having a title linked to the weapon collections beyond the basic ones would be a nice touch: e.g. "The Kaiser", "The Wizzard", "The Toad" - I mean it's right there!
  3. What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?
    Well, a new world is very much on the top of my head. But there is one thing about SAB in a whole that I'd like to see addressed: One aspect I love about "normal" JPs, is that they are fun for solo players and parties alike. Even random encounters with other players without any party creation at all can be quite enjoyable: Showing someone the way or beeing shown the way, resurrecting dead players or lending a hand with a portal on a difficult step. In the SAB, parties are mostly fun if all players have about the same experience level. If someone falls behind there is only so much you can do to help. So I'd like to see something like a short range thief portal: "Portal rope" A one direction portal you can throw (ranged AoE targeting) with a range of 900. This way you can bring others along if they have difficulties with a specific step. After all, in my experience, every JP i've done so far has that "one part" I personally struggle most with.

Not sure if it was mentioned yet but for the collecting baubles achievements can you PLEASE add a cload pathway or something to backtrack in levels?

I know in world 2 it was a real pain in the ass to reach the end and find out you don't have them all. Those levels trap you at the end so if you missed one you've wasted a good hour jumping for nothing.

What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?There's no particular level that really encompasses what I like about SAB. However all the levels in world 1 is a standard I really enjoy about the game. Straightforward and doesn't try to overextend itself with plenty of variety in each.

Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?

I really like SAB's weekly vendor specifically. The rest of the festivals followed suit in pricing. Everything in SAB's weekly was affordable from your own effort on a casual level letting you only have to play a few days a week to buy them all.

The weekly vendors for all the events after were heavily disappointing in price. Lunar New Year suffered the opposite as it was fairly priced, but limited in only letting you buy one of each a week. And I hope SAB's weekly vendor return doesn't suffer a change.

What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?

Obviously World 3 would be great, but the time frame of when we get it is no concern. It is how it is implemented. World 2 was long, way too open and was too loooong. Its hard to believe that if all four worlds would have been introduced, trying to do every level daily would have been a nightmare. World 2 was made in no consideration of the future of the content.

All in all, I just want the full experience to be compact. I'm fine with whatever gets added as long as it respects player's time in regards to farming items.