Super Adventure Box Tribulation No Death Achievement

I actually wonder if people would even try for it. It seems nearly impossible for the world 2 tribulation mode. I could see doing World 1 though. Maybe make it so you could do it in a party, and have the party members do clearing like the hands and boss while you just pop potions lol.

I'd support his if not for the spike floor ice room in w2z3. However, purely because of this rooms existence ill say this is not something I want.

Also the bouncy pads in w2z2 sometimes dont bounce you even if you jump on them. They would need to fix that first as its an unfair death.

I wouldn't be against it in theory... But not until the imbalance between high and low ping players in SAB is somehow addressed. A LOT of my deaths in Trib Mode can be attributed to the game server thinking I'm not where my screen is showing me to be. That jumping rock in the middle of the lava in 1-2? That killed me SOOOO many times because despite my screen showing me as halfway across to the safe rock, the game still thinks I'm right on top of the jumping rock when it lands and it thus interrupts me and lands me in the lava so I die. (The only way I can get across this jump is to try and fake out the jumping rock by half jumping from the starting point, then quickly jumping onto it before it can reset, but this method can take several attempts.)

@Zaxares.5419 said:I wouldn't be against it in theory... But not until the imbalance between high and low ping players in SAB is somehow addressed. A LOT of my deaths in Trib Mode can be attributed to the game server thinking I'm not where my screen is showing me to be. That jumping rock in the middle of the lava in 1-2? That killed me SOOOO many times because despite my screen showing me as halfway across to the safe rock, the game still thinks I'm right on top of the jumping rock when it lands and it thus interrupts me and lands me in the lava so I die. (The only way I can get across this jump is to try and fake out the jumping rock by half jumping from the starting point, then quickly jumping onto it before it can reset, but this method can take several attempts.)

That's the latency issues I empathize with you. When you just want to counterplay those situations, get some potions that you can consume on your heal skill slot. They act like stunbreaks and have no ICDs >:-]]

I wouldn't mind if there was a title with 0 AP - just for the people to show off. Skins or other stuff might be too much though. Considering it is an achievement only a handful players might get. (I mean even about Kingslayer achievement we hat complaints and according to GW2efficiency not many people - at least regarding the stats of the people using that site - did id.)

I wonder if ArenaNet wants such achievements that are only available for a handful players. Or if they have a limit where they for example say 5 percent its a low amount. it must be hard. Still okay to have it. <1 percent we don't want. (This one suggested here might be for <1 percent of the playerbase.)

(Yeah I know in PvP there are a few rare ones. But that's due the nature of PvP where it is competitive and only 1 can be number 1.)Maybe keep a death top list. (Adventure type setup with infinite time or 60 minutes max time and tracking the top list by deaths.) Here also lower rewards (silver tier) could be possible with such a system.

I've tried this myself! Haven't succeeded (yet) but it makes for a fun challenge. I think that is kind of its own reward, though I guess I wouldn't complain if they were to put an achievement in the game. However, I do think Zaxares brings up a valid point:

@Zaxares.5419 said:I wouldn't be against it in theory... But not until the imbalance between high and low ping players in SAB is somehow addressed. A LOT of my deaths in Trib Mode can be attributed to the game server thinking I'm not where my screen is showing me to be.

I personally have few issues with this, but to those that do it could potentially make the achievement an impossibility. (Also, a tip with that lava rock: I typically jump on it and then immediately do a dodge jump. Feels like the safest way to cross!)

@"hugo.4705" said:It is impossible due to trampolines.There is always a rocket arrow getting you.

Untrue, although I didn't quite manage to get a full, deathless clear, I was able to clear all sections except w2z2 trib cloud / death dart area without dying, this includes all of the rocket arrow sections in w2z3. You "just" need to have perfect timing for dodges.

@Excursion.9752 said:Just thinking about this makes my skin crawl. Sorry hard pass for me.

Yeah my palms began to sweat. And I'll be obliged to try if they ever make such an achievement. However, I think if something so sadistic were ever invented it would need to offer a truly sadistic reward - like 1, single, achievement point. No title. Nothing else.

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

@"hugo.4705" said:It is impossible due to trampolines.There is always a rocket arrow getting you.

Untrue, although I didn't quite manage to get a full, deathless clear, I was able to clear all sections except w2z2 trib cloud / death dart area without dying, this includes all of the rocket arrow sections in w2z3. You "just" need to have perfect timing for dodges.

My point was there is always something to kill you. Arrows may not be an issue for you, but persons with cognitive/motor disabilities... I wasn't speaking specifically about W2-2 but overall, any zone with them. I do agree that the block puzzle with trib cloud and darts is hard, but see I never die here. Depends of the player.Today, I completed w1-1 with only 3 deaths, w1-3 with only 6.

@hugo.4705 said:

@hugo.4705 said:It is impossible due to trampolines.There is always a rocket arrow getting you.

My point was there is always something to kill you. Arrows may not be an issue for you, but persons with cognitive/motor disabilities... I wasn't speaking specifically about W2-2 but overall, any zone with them. I do agree that the block puzzle with trib cloud and darts is hard, but see I never die here. Depends of the player.Today, I completed w1-1 with only 3 deaths, w1-3 with only 6.

People with motor/cognitive difficulties won't be finishing tribulation mode, and those who do will surely be capable of doing it without dying after enough attempts. A no death achievement being unobtainable by most people doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. Some things in life are very hard if not impossible for most to achieve, there's nothing wrong with that, and nothing wrong wrong with that being in a game!

Sure sure, add it. I know after enough runs I could do W1 run with 0 deaths. But make a 0 deaths achiev for each zone, and one for a whole world in one play-through. I'm not against achiev not obtainable by anyone. See, there is raids, I don't do them.

@hugo.4705 said:Sure sure, add it. I know after enough runs I could do W1 run with 0 deaths. But make a 0 deaths achiev for each zone, and one for a whole world in one play-through. I'm not against achiev not obtainable by anyone. See, there is raids, I don't do them.

Yeah one for each zone would be neat, I'd personally never get w2z2, I filmed myself over the course of one day doing the 16 runs needed for all the weapon skins and by the end of it I was swearing constantly, even when things were going my way.

W2-2, I think can be done, if they revamp the trampolines like making them like jumping flowers. Did you knew you could reflect trib cloud projectiles with glove? Yeah I feel the pain, already did 16 times w1 trib, this year have to do it with w2. I have no issues with w2 apart well those w2-2 trampolines. Clearing ninjas with bombs works well, I pile baubles before going here.