What's with glitched weapon drop rate?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ameepa.6793 said:Achie done, so 32 glitches opened and got 10 weapons.

10?! Even if you're including the one from the achievement that's almost unbelievably good luck. What difficulty level(s) did you use?

Still recording my daily results up there - 1 for 38 so far. Yeah, I know RNG is RNG and across a huge player base there are going to be outliers both directions. But it's frustrating to be sitting at a 2% drop chance and others getting nearly 33% ><;

I have not kept track but have played through SAB on normal with same group of friends every night. The two of us who seem to get a drop every 8-10 chests have maxed magic find. The one who is new to the game and has very little magic find has not gotten a single drop. So I would wonder if magic find affects the drops.

@Coelho Nat.4697 said:I got 3/40. However, did most of them in easy mode since I don´t have time to do in normal. Does it affect the drop?

From what I can tell so far, it does not. For example, I've done most of mine in Normal mode, and I'm at 1/41.

MF generally does not affect containers or lootable chests of any kind - the rare exceptions are noted clearly. I would not expect it to affect this.

@"nosleepdemon.1368" said:Finished my 32 runs, I did 6 on infantile and the rest on normal. I got one drop. I noticed that on normal mode, you get prompted to open the main chest one extra time than in infantile, I'm not sure what that's about.

The chests are nested together - the "big" one for show with just baubles, the daily chest (only available on Normal and Trib) and the Glitched Chest (available if you destroy the glitch once a day). If you did a mode where you get a daily and a glitched chest, you have to loot it twice to get everything (Glitched Chest loots first).

@Obfuscate.6430 said:Does your magic find amount affect the drop rate?don't think that is affected by mf. May be opposite, if mf bigger - less drop chance.Have 320 base, each day do 6 chest, and heave less than new player get per one day run.

@friggarn.5360 said:Well, I can't see Magic Find affecting these. I'm now 0/24 with maxed MF.I have bad feeling that max mf guarantee to us 0 drop.

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:(Glitched Chest loots first)Even that is unspecified. I've had runs where the glitched chest looted first, and others (same and different bosses, same and different days) where the regular boss chest looted first. I guess it's a question of how the game determins which chest is closer/first to interact with, which might be undetermined/random for the nested chests.

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:

@"nosleepdemon.1368" said:Finished my 32 runs, I did 6 on infantile and the rest on normal. I got one drop. I noticed that on normal mode, you get prompted to open the main chest one extra time than in infantile, I'm not sure what that's about.

The chests are nested together - the "big" one for show with just baubles, the daily chest (only available on Normal and Trib) and the Glitched Chest (available if you destroy the glitch once a day). If you did a mode where you get a daily and a glitched chest, you have to loot it twice to get everything (Glitched Chest loots first).

Thanks for clearing that up!

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

@Wisty.4135 said:Some days I get 4/4, others I get 0/4. Overall drop rate seems to be about 10-20% colloquially speaking.

So what two zones dont you do?Since there is 6 zones in total so 6 chance to get weapon daily.

Ima go ahead and guess w2z2 and 3, since they take as long as the other four combined :/

w2z2 take short cut eagle then jump off a ledge to get put at checkpoint just before the glitch point spawn dont make it overly long tho.Same with w2z3 in infentaile you just have to run on rainbows abit.

@"Linken.6345" said:w2z2 take short cut eagle then jump off a ledge to get put at checkpoint just before the glitch point spawn dont make it overly long tho.Same with w2z3 in infentaile you just have to run on rainbows abit.

I got the glitched collection complete, as a preface.

But yeah, it's 2-2 and 2-3 I don't do. I just don't do those zones at all. Ground out the trib mode skins for last year and said "no thanks" to doing them again this year. I hate them with a passion. 2-1 is fast enough to do in like 4-5 minutes, but the other two? Nah, not worth an extra continue coin and a ~20% chance at a cheap skin I already have.

@Wisty.4135 said:

@"Linken.6345" said:w2z2 take short cut eagle then jump off a ledge to get put at checkpoint just before the glitch point spawn dont make it overly long tho.Same with w2z3 in infentaile you just have to run on rainbows abit.

I got the glitched collection complete, as a preface.

But yeah, it's 2-2 and 2-3 I don't do. I just don't do those zones at all. Ground out the trib mode skins for last year and said "no thanks" to doing them again this year. I hate them with a passion. 2-1 is fast enough to do in like 4-5 minutes, but the other two? Nah, not worth an extra continue coin and a ~20% chance at a cheap skin I already have.

I got really efficient at zone 3 by the time I was done, but the God. Damn. Goats. Oh my God. Fuck them in their every incarnation.