Questions on the new Draconic Wings Backpack Glider Combo

@Josiah.2967 said:

@Memoranda.9386 said:My only, small, complaint is that they're so rigid while in motion. Would love a touch of movement or something. They're very cardboard-y.

Otherwise, great. Instant purchase for me.

My complaint is that they aren't even attached to my Asura while gliding. :-(

I only use human characters like a big lame-o, so that was unknown to me. Surely it will be fixed soon in a hotfix.

@Memoranda.9386 said:

@Memoranda.9386 said:My only, small, complaint is that they're so rigid while in motion. Would love a touch of movement or something. They're very cardboard-y.

Otherwise, great. Instant purchase for me.

My complaint is that they aren't even attached to my Asura while gliding. :-(

I only use human characters like a big lame-o, so that was unknown to me. Surely it will be fixed soon in a hotfix.

I noticed the Glider is higher up on the back than the Scaled Dragon Wings. The Scaled Dragon Wings placement on the back piece is the same and looks fine. They just need to move the glider lower on the back like Scaled Dragon Swings and attache it.

It was an instant buy for me purely because they were dyable, animated and Draconic.

For a long time now one of my Necros has been using the old batwings.. but ever since Anet started adding flapping animations to wings and now dyable wings too it's bugged me a lot that the old stuff has kinda fallen behind.

I did get the older Dragon Wings but they never looked right unfortunately.Being able to dye this one made a lot of difference, and now I finally have a fitting wingset for this character.

6PW0j69.png8B1Fo1g.png

Does anyone know the best way to get Arenanet to fix the Asura bug?

The Backpack looks fine. The Glider for some reason is higher up than the Scaled Dragon Wings. Which I think is causing the problem. The talons actually go through my head/hair when I switched helms while gliding. I had to put on specific helms to avoid that. The gap between you and the wings is weird. It looks like the wings are attached your your neck instead of your back.

The Glider portion is obviously in the wrong position. If it the Glider was located on the same place on the back as the Scaled Dragon Wings, this would be a non issue.

This is EXACTLY the type of stuff I like. Fully dye-able, the dye properly match the gliding counter parts, the chains and fastenings detail without being over prominent, the gems reflect their dye channel very well, and none of the dye channels are useless or unnoticeable.Flapping glider is best glider.Flap Jump animation is such a lovely detail.

I'm currently on a significant break from GW2 and am sour enough with the state of Power Mirage in PvP- to the point where I've paid subs for another MMO. That said, and though I normally wouldn't spend much during these times, because I don't want to reward literally making my main unplayable; this is the type of stuff to tempt me into logging in and dropping a few bucks despite.

I would recommend on the next pass for wings like this, is that they hang lower; Something less top heavy when it comes to bulk.

I absolutely LOVE these wings. They are very aesthetically pleasing and they dye well, there are SO many wonderful combinations of colours to use. The only issue I have, and it's minor - some parts of the metallic bits stay gold no matter what colour you dye them, so when you are trying to make silver chains, the gold bits stick out a bit.

Back:

pCRyWNa.png

Front:

16dud41.png

Also as a side note, I really would love to be able to use my helmet skins on outfits. The skyscale horns would have gone perfectly with my image.

@Josiah.2967 said:Does anyone know the best way to get Arenanet to fix the Asura bug?

The Backpack looks fine. The Glider for some reason is higher up than the Scaled Dragon Wings. Which I think is causing the problem. The talons actually go through my head/hair when I switched helms while gliding. I had to put on specific helms to avoid that. The gap between you and the wings is weird. It looks like the wings are attached your your neck instead of your back.

The Glider portion is obviously in the wrong position. If it the Glider was located on the same place on the back as the Scaled Dragon Wings, this would be a non issue.

Did you send a ticket? They are a bit busy right now but sending a ticket will help get the problem noticed. And it is quite a problem, lol.

@"Josiah.2967" said:Does anyone know the best way to get Arenanet to fix the Asura bug?

It's not just this wings/glider -- almost all of the gliders that attach to the back (wing-type gliders) do not attach properly to an Asura's back. You can put in a ticket. But given that this has been an issue pretty much since when gliders became a thing, don't hold your breath for it to be fixed any time soon. Try to keep your camera behind the character so the gap isn't as apparent.

I prefer gliders that don't have this issue for Asura (global types like bubble, electromagnetic, cube matrix, standing ones like super cloud, cryo, sheet music, or sitting ones like the broom, carpet, overseerer).

You can see where they tried to fix the Dyanamics glider by adding a long stick to "attach" it to the back, I think because people complained why a glider DESIGNED for Asura still didn't properly attach to the back.

@Josiah.2967 said:Does anyone know the best way to get Arenanet to fix the Asura bug?

There is no best way beyond the feedback you have given. Either it is just the way it is (likely given past history) or they will get to it whenever and it’ll be added to a future patch one day (it’s not game breaking so won’t be hot fixed)

Do not send a bug report ticket to support. They are too busy for tickets on things they don’t deal with. You can send a bug report in game though

@Udolpho.1209 said:

@"Josiah.2967" said:Does anyone know the best way to get Arenanet to fix the Asura bug?

It's not just this wings/glider -- almost all of the gliders that attach to the back (wing-type gliders) do not attach properly to an Asura's back. You can put in a ticket. But given that this has been an issue pretty much since when gliders became a thing, don't hold your breath for it to be fixed any time soon. Try to keep your camera behind the character so the gap isn't as apparent.

I prefer gliders that don't have this issue for Asura (global types like bubble, electromagnetic, cube matrix, standing ones like super cloud, cryo, sheet music, or sitting ones like the broom, carpet, overseerer).

You can see where they tried to fix the Dyanamics glider by adding a long stick to "attach" it to the back, I think because people complained why a glider DESIGNED for Asura still didn't properly attach to the back.

Normally I would agree. But the Scaled Dragon Wings work fine. This uses the same skeleton. The back piece is located in the same place. The Glider for some reason moves up the body and off. If it was placed where the glider for the Scaled Dragon Wings is, it would have been a non-issue.

I probably should make a ticket. I will ask for a refund if this isn't fixed.

@"Dragon Priestess.9760" said:I absolutely LOVE these wings. They are very aesthetically pleasing and they dye well, there are SO many wonderful combinations of colours to use. The only issue I have, and it's minor - some parts of the metallic bits stay gold no matter what colour you dye them, so when you are trying to make silver chains, the gold bits stick out a bit.

Back:

pCRyWNa.png

Front:

16dud41.png

Also as a side note, I really would love to be able to use my helmet skins on outfits. The skyscale horns would have gone perfectly with my image.

Your character looks great!

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:This is how the Elder Dragons win y'know. Sure we may have taken out 3 of them, but the rest of them have figured it out: they cannot defeat the commander, so they are instead trying to assimilate the commander, turn the commander into one of them!

Next thing you know you'll be riding a dragon everywhere in PvE, and the banner you grab for in WvW will have a dragon emblem on it, and.....uh oh..

Resistance is futile.

I wouldn't particularly spend gems on this new wing and backpack. I found it very strange the way the wing closes on the characters' backs. It seems that it never closes, it seems that the wing simply bends leaving a large volume on the back. Regarding the glider, I thought it was amazing, but the backpack is awful. I believe that a dragon wing must shrink and close properly in the body on which it leans, leaving no volume on its back. This new wing should close in the same way as the "Scaled Dragon Wings" (This is a flawless wing). My opinion.

@"lummuss.6850" said:I wouldn't particularly spend gems on this new wing and backpack. I found it very strange the way the wing closes on the characters' backs. It seems that it never closes, it seems that the wing simply bends leaving a large volume on the back. Regarding the glider, I thought it was amazing, but the backpack is awful. I believe that a dragon wing must shrink and close properly in the body on which it leans, leaving no volume on its back. This new wing should close in the same way as the "Scaled Dragon Wings" (This is a flawless wing). My opinion.

I don't think it is as bad as you make out, however I agree it is far too voluminous at the back. I don't think it is a large detriment to the aesthetic, but it is certainly one to me. The positives very much outweigh it though