About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"sidecarpilot.3468" said:Let's face it, they will do nothing, they just posted a nearly copy paste of their original post as a "response" to all this drama.

In the meantime there are people receiving the email twice, making in a 2400 gems worth, about 30€.

This is how much Anet amazes me, when everything gets chaotic to their poor decision making, they just stay with their heads buried in the sand. And somehow manage to make a chaotic situation even worse. Bravo Anet, after 7 years I've had enough of your shenanigans.What amazes me the most is the people defending them.

@"IndigoSundown.5419" said:ANet was under no obligation to compensate players who were inconvenienced. Not only does the ToS address such issues, I'm pretty sure there is a "kitten happens" clause in life. However, they did choose to compensate some of the players who were inconvenienced, but not all of them.

Sure, there is no way for them to know who didn't log in because of the announcement about the problem and who was not going to log in at all. Maybe reward any active players who either did or might have logged in. That would have been a classier move than what they did. It would also have shown consideration for a broader range of players who were impacted. As it is, the "compensation" is just more ANet pouring water on a fire in the hope it will go away with the least fuss.

I know Anet was under no obligation, but then don't tell everyone:"We apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this incident caused and are exploring ways to make up the downtime to our player community."That was where the first snag came in. Because everyone on the EU servers were affected by the downtime. Don't tell them that, and then split it further. And THEN stuff it up by not delivering to those that meet the criteria, over delivering because....I don't even know.... etc.I'm just very relieved that the account I was on got compensation, as I was playing on my wife's account and in the middle of Tequatl switched to Map chat and freaked out. I thought I had lost all her SAB Tribulation weapons after reading about progress loss and checking her SAB achievements - and seeing them all gone! Then waiting....and WAITING to see what the hell the maintenance would yield. I know loot was lost from my play session on Monday - maybe auctions...I have no idea, but that paled in comparison to waiting during the downtime to see if our stuff from the weekend would be fixed. :s

@senki.1046 said:Anet made the correct decision. Not everyone should get the skin, only those who lost progress

then why did ppl got the skin who did not lose any progress? like my wife who tried to log in at the exact same time as I tried. way after the server issues 19:45 German time, which is 05:45 PM, which is one hour after the mentioned time frame for getting the mount.

@senki.1046 said:Anet made the correct decision. Not everyone should get the skin, only those who lost progress

F2p players who lost progress will only get the skin of they purchase PoF

90% of people that logged in didn't loose progress, they either logged in and out quick, or stayed for the memes, or to abuse the TP.

On top of it now some people are getting duplicates of the rewards, literally doubling the reason people had to be upset.

Anet made the wrong decision by splitting rewards, they should've either give nothing, or give something to everyone. Now they created the precedent, if a rollback happens, be sure to log in to claim your free mount skin and a chance to get compensation twice. White Knight Anet all you want, this is bad no matter the way you look at it.

@deadlyjoker.4907 said:whatever you guys are saying. My wife just got her free license, guess what: she tried to log in at the exact same time like I did. Monday 11.05.2020 19:45 German time. She couldn't get ingame, she didnt lose any progress, since she never was online. She got the bonefire AND the license. I'm sitting here with the lazy bonefire. I'll wait a bit longer, maybe it really just takes time to send out.

Almost the same thing happened for my partner and I, we were both logged in and playing together on Monday. He got both the license and the bonfire, I only got the bonfire and an automated response from support when I opened a ticked questioning how that could be.

@Xsa.3702 said:Let me guess, you are one of those who received the mount and now you can be sarcastic and white-knighting Anet. I am happy for you, but unlike you, I feel cheated and upset. Sorry about that.

That would be cheap. I only do it because i have four legendaries now. So will you give me your bonfire at least so i can tell your story?

So will you give me your bonfire at least so i can tell your story?Unfortunately, I can’t give you my bonfire. This is a thing dear to my heart, a memory, and a valuable gift that will warm me on the coldest days. This is not some kind of trash lying around for free on every corner. Besides the fact that it is.

How about a system which wakes the IT support server team up from their slumber if they need to fix something so this doesn’t happen again with such a long period for rollback?

I know problems can happen in the middle of the night when running a 24x7 system - automated notification/ calls / alarms do wonders if monitoring is setup correctly to mobile phones / landlines etc,

As long as governments don't find this thread... it might give them ideas for businesses forced to close during lockdown. "You are not losing anything. You were doing something else when your shop was closed. Sales that could have happened if your shop was open may not have happened also. Have a sandwich for the inconvenience." :o

@nottsgman.8206 said:

@"Jayden Reese.9542" said:I'm on NA and just got a bonfire

that was the free black lion item. the bonfire for the server issues were sent directly via mail.

I just got a 'replacement item' mail with a bonfire in it. I play on NA, I haven't lost any items and haven't been in contact with support
QLmpmPM.png

Yay! Bonfires for everyone! ^_^

I am wondering if there are people who didnt log in last Monday on purpose (and obviously didnt receive the Mount license) have started to sent tickets about this issue? If yes, did you get a reply and what was the reply? Since I gathered some information from the forums here (and ´finally´ got my Bonfire yesterday late evening, no Mount license) I would like to sent a ticket myself sooner or later.

@"Kasemdria.7138" said:As long as governments don't find this thread... it might give them ideas for businesses forced to close during lockdown. "You are not losing anything. You were doing something else when your shop was closed. Sales that could have happened if your shop was open may not have happened also. Have a sandwich for the inconvenience." :o

I understand your point of view. I think a difference here is that Anet staff is able to see who are active players. Like, players who have done dailies every day for the last month for example. And, wow, at all sudden they didnt log in on that particular day and time... Why would that be...In other words: these players have lost progress as well. Like 10 AP dailies, SAB dailies, or whatever they do on a daily gameplay. The reason these active players didnt log in last Monday is simply because they either knew their progress from Monday will get lost or were afraid to harm more damage/annoyance/etc to the servers. It is just not recorded in Anets logs/servers or however that works and only because of that they dont receive the right compensation. And lets be honest, the Bonfire really isnt the right compensation.. Every EU player who logged in at least once in the past 30 days will receive one (of which some are propbably not even aware of that happened last Monday) and you can even get one for free from the Gemstore now.

You know what, I will send a ticket too. I also lost progress because I couldn't do my SAB dailies and daily routine while the servers were a mess.By the time I could log in and start with SAB it ended and just kicked me out of instance midway.

Not the least bit happy how they handled this, so I might as well make more work for them.I was considerate enough not to log in precisely so I wouldn't have to send in tickets, but here they go and reward those that logged in when they shouldn't have and when the server should have been offline to begin with - whether they lost something or not.I just can't stand such impulsive, arbitrary decisions... It's become a matter of principle.

@Jolanda.1568 said:I am wondering if there are people who didnt log in last Monday on purpose (and obviously didnt receive the Mount license) have started to sent tickets about this issue? If yes, did you get a reply and what was the reply? Since I gathered some information from the forums here (and ´finally´ got my Bonfire yesterday late evening, no Mount license) I would like to sent a ticket myself sooner or later.

@"Kasemdria.7138" said:As long as governments don't find this thread... it might give them ideas for businesses forced to close during lockdown. "You are not losing anything. You were doing something else when your shop was closed. Sales that
could
have happened if your shop was open
may not
have happened also. Have a sandwich for the inconvenience." :o

I understand your point of view. I think a difference here is that Anet staff is able to see who are
active players
. Like, players who have done dailies every day for the last month for example. And, wow, at all sudden
they didnt log in on that particular day and time
Why would that be
...In other words: these players have lost progress as well. Like 10 AP dailies, SAB dailies, or whatever they do on a daily gameplay. The reason these active players didnt log in last Monday is simply because they either knew their progress from Monday will get lost or were afraid to harm more damage/annoyance/etc to the servers. It is just not recorded in Anets logs/servers or however that works and only because of that they dont receive the right compensation. And lets be honest, the Bonfire really isnt the right compensation.. Every EU player who logged in at least
once
in the past 30 days will receive one (of which some are propbably not even aware of that happened last Monday) and you can even get one for free from the Gemstore now.

I'm one those guys and i'm kinda jealous for being reasonable that day, ou well i'll know for the next time i guess. They should probably have not given mount license but a Super Adventure Weapon Box the 8 days daily reward to get Kaiser weapon or Assassin tokens from it, it is theme with that we lost a day for SAB.

@deadlyjoker.4907 said:

then why did ppl got the skin who did not lose any progress? like my wife who tried to log in at the exact same time as I tried. way after the server issues 19:45 German time, which is 05:45 PM, which is one hour after the mentioned time frame for getting the mount.

they cannot check who lost progress on every account existing. too much effort. they need to make a decision and it was a reasonable one.

@sidecarpilot.3468 said:

90% of people that logged in didn't loose progress, they either logged in and out quick, or stayed for the memes, or to abuse the TP.

On top of it now some people are getting duplicates of the rewards, literally doubling the reason people had to be upset.

Anet made the wrong decision by splitting rewards, they should've either give nothing, or give something to everyone. Now they created the precedent, if a rollback happens, be sure to log in to claim your free mount skin and a chance to get compensation twice. White Knight Anet all you want, this is bad no matter the way you look at it.

No it's the other way round, 90% people played normally and lost progress. You need to know that a lot of people don't go on reddit or forums or gw2 discord to get the latest news.

@senki.1046 said:they cannot check who lost progress on every account existing. too much effort. they need to make a decision and it was a reasonable one.

My experience as a developer tells me, that comparing two snapshots of DB not that hard and can be done with a single query, a little more complex than they used for last login info.

@senki.1046 said:No it's the other way round, 90% people played normally and lost progress. You need to know that a lot of people don't go on reddit or forums or gw2 discord to get the latest news.

And, of course, they didn't read in game chat, their characters were same levels, in the same place, with the same items in the inventory, gold, list goes on and on ...

@Xsa.3702 said:

So will you give me your bonfire at least so i can tell your story?Unfortunately, I can’t give you my bonfire. This is a thing dear to my heart, a memory, and a valuable gift that will warm me on the coldest days. This is not some kind of trash lying around for free on every corner. Besides the fact that it is.

On point my friend. This very trash, these dirty, dry branches with barely any life in it will yet serve as magnet for the people to find shelter from the cold unjust rule of Anet. It is a tragedy that your story will be untold in these places of love.

@Jolanda.1568 said:I am wondering if there are people who didnt log in last Monday on purpose (and obviously didnt receive the Mount license) have started to sent tickets about this issue? If yes, did you get a reply and what was the reply? Since I gathered some information from the forums here (and ´finally´ got my Bonfire yesterday late evening, no Mount license) I would like to sent a ticket myself sooner or later.

@"Kasemdria.7138" said:As long as governments don't find this thread... it might give them ideas for businesses forced to close during lockdown. "You are not losing anything. You were doing something else when your shop was closed. Sales that
could
have happened if your shop was open
may not
have happened also. Have a sandwich for the inconvenience." :o

I understand your point of view. I think a difference here is that Anet staff is able to see who are
active players
. Like, players who have done dailies every day for the last month for example. And, wow, at all sudden
they didnt log in on that particular day and time
Why would that be
...In other words: these players have lost progress as well. Like 10 AP dailies, SAB dailies, or whatever they do on a daily gameplay. The reason these active players didnt log in last Monday is simply because they either knew their progress from Monday will get lost or were afraid to harm more damage/annoyance/etc to the servers. It is just not recorded in Anets logs/servers or however that works and only because of that they dont receive the right compensation. And lets be honest, the Bonfire really isnt the right compensation.. Every EU player who logged in at least
once
in the past 30 days will receive one (of which some are propbably not even aware of that happened last Monday) and you can even get one for free from the Gemstore now.

My comment may have not been very clear. I am in the camp where I have an account that got a mount license (it's my wife's account, but we just share stuff, so I've been dyeing the new mount on various characters and having fun with it.) and I really think Anet should have just given all the EU accounts a mount. I was merely applying what some people's logic to other aspects in life with a bit of tongue in cheek.

There have been a wide range of stances on this whole debacle, some of which have been interesting to read (@Randulf.7614 comes to mind. While they don't share my view, they have posted some very valid points while keeping their observations level-headed and decent). I still believe the core matter was:

1. Crap happened on the EU servers.
  2. Anet said they wanted to compensate for the downtime, thus holding themselves to something.
  3. Compensation happens, giving people the benefit of the doubt of whether they were affected by the potential loss of the weekend / the rollback of the Monday / the lack of access on the Tuesday. I was personally affected by all three things, but (again personally) the first caused me the most stress. It will be different for others.

@Skie.8904 said:Yea this is funny. I play GW2 hours each day. Just because I was lucky enough to hear about the rollback in time and decided not to log in to even check, apparently means I wasn't affected. Ok...

So they're trying to only reward the % of players who logged in and didn't realize something was amiss, and on the way rewarding those who logged in and did nothing or logged in just to check, while keeping the rest off.

You should reward all or no one (EU wise), seriously.

i don’t want to hate but this is pure greed. it’s all about money. the game have had many more problems before and i think i forgot the compensation we got for it because it was a useless items. this time it’s something useful for everyone with PoF. and if not then ppl will eventually buy PoF because they got a mount skin they want to use. so more money for anet. if we got a mount select license before after problems then i am sure i could remember it. i also missed the mount select license. if i read it i get mad. they never want to reward full playerbase. with reward i mean something nice and not a bonfire. same for aurene outfit. i want one. but i can’t get it. someone from guild talked with someone of anet and that person gave him dragon emblem outfit and aurene outfit in 2 weeks he had both outfits. i hope anet think twice and still give everyone a free mount select licence. if not then my positive mind of last few weeks get lowered again. this is not the first problem in the game since years. but it’s the first time something useful gets awarded back. so everyone should have one.

yes you give away income. but if you give mounts to ppl like me who are sensitive for nice rewards. and then buying gems then it’s more profit (free advertisement) then give only a small amount of players a reward and i say to everyone don’t play this game. so then much more money.

@senki.1046 said:

they cannot check who lost progress on every account existing. too much effort. they need to make a decision and it was a reasonable one.

No it's the other way round, 90% people played normally and lost progress. You need to know that a lot of people don't go on reddit or forums or gw2 discord to get the latest news.

Sorry, that's just not true. Even if they didnt read Reddit or the forums, there's still map chat and looking at the inventory and character. It was pretty obvious. And something tells.me that kind of player didn't go on to do meaningful content.

But sure, lets pretend, maybe there is a 1% that did, chances are he is f2p and will only be rewarded if he buys PoF. Nice don't you think?