Remove Hearts from Map Completion

@"Sheader.6827" said:Please take note that people do Map Completion primarily for the Gift of Exploration, and that is not supposed to be easy to get. If your goal isn't Gift of Exploration then Map Completion is completely optional for you, you don't have to do it.

This is always a hoot. Wasting time is not "difficult", it's still really easy. Also, legendaries are optional too so...?

I don't know.

I mean Map Completion isn't something you have to do. You do it because what benefits it provides. If we want access everyting easy way, then why don't we add everyting in item shop, so you can buy what ever you need. What's the point game to has content if players just want bypass it all the time. I mean this is just for weapon? It's not like mount what can change hole gameplay for player alot bigger ways.

Only reason why I could even support this, like question, what map completion has to do weapons in first place. As example, I mean if you want to create armor, you should not need to learn swimming.

@Solvar.7953 said:Clearly this is a business opportunity for Anet - they could sell 'heart completion boxes' in the gemstore. And then follow that up with POI, Vista, and HP versions. There is already the waypoint unlock box, so this idea isn't that far out there.

The waypoint unlock is a convenience item, ideally meant for players on alts that don't want to run around and get waypoints to be able to do, say, a world boss run.Adding POI, Vista, HP, or Hearts is stepping into P2W territory

@WolfOwl.3968 said:

@Solvar.7953 said:Clearly this is a business opportunity for Anet - they could sell 'heart completion boxes' in the gemstore. And then follow that up with POI, Vista, and HP versions. There is already the waypoint unlock box, so this idea isn't that far out there.

The waypoint unlock is a convenience item, ideally meant for players on alts that don't want to run around and get waypoints to be able to do, say, a world boss run.Adding POI, Vista, HP, or Hearts is stepping into P2W territory

would be better to buy the world boss portal devices since you can use those on more then 1 character if that was why you bought waypoint unlock.

@Swagger.1459 said:Objectively speaking, those who oppose dropping the heart quest requirements for completion can still do heart quests all they want until the game shuts down. Some of us don't like the over-grind and repetitiveness Anet imposes in every area of the game. It's excessive all around in GW2, and some give and take here and there from Anet can make a difference.

If I don't like farming at all, can I get my legendaries for free from an NPC ? If you oppose that, you can still farm all you want !

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@"Sheader.6827" said:Please take note that people do Map Completion primarily for the Gift of Exploration, and that is not supposed to be easy to get. If your goal isn't Gift of Exploration then Map Completion is completely optional for you, you don't have to do it.

This is always a hoot. Wasting time is not "difficult", it's still really easy. Also, legendaries are optional too so...?

Perserverence IS difficult for some people. I'm not a grinder and I don't grind map complete, yet I've made 29 legendary weapons, including most of the core game ones. How? By not focusing on map completion. As I run around the world, I do a few things in passing. Disarm a trap. Remove a weed. Kill a centaur. That's it. The game remembers what I did.

When I come back through I might do another, or I might not. I also do events sometimes, which fill in hearts incidentally.

And at the end of just playing, and that's all I'm doing, suddenly 80% of a heart is done and I can finish it off in a minute. It's only a problem if you want it now, or you're choosing to grind it.

@Swagger.1459 said:

Do you want to share an API key so we can confirm you own them all ?Because I don't care how many legendaries one owns as it is irrelevant.What you're doing is either a fallacy to discard people's opinions, or just ego stroking.

I stated a fact.

Interesting that you would say that stuff about heart quests for the gen 1 legendary equation, yet want account bound crafting disciplines...

@Kulvar.1239 said:I never understood why they're not account bound...Losing the 7-10 level don't matter.

You started with an argument from autority, using the number of legendaries you claim to have made to declare your opinion above criticism.Now you're attacking my opinion on an unrelated matter to discredit my opinion on this matter, which is also a fallacy.Unless you can demonstrate how it is relevant to this topic, can we get back to what this topic is about ?

@Swagger.1459 said:@Kulvar.1239

You quoted me first. You assumed I wanted easy legendaries and that’s not the case. I’m not hurting for legendaries. I’ll either achieve them or buy them off the TP. I was arguing against the excessive grind found in the game, yet you want to make it personal.

Doing hearts is the least grindy part of making legendaries, if you want to reduce grind, go for the amount of materials needed.The biggest part of the player base has not the money to just insta buy materials or crafted legendaries.

@Kulvar.1239 said:

You quoted me first. You assumed I wanted easy legendaries and that’s not the case. I’m not hurting for legendaries. I’ll either achieve them or buy them off the TP. I was arguing against the excessive grind found in the game, yet you want to make it personal.

Doing hearts is the least grindy part of making legendaries, if you want to reduce grind, go for the amount of materials needed.The biggest part of the player base has not the money to just insta buy materials or crafted legendaries.

So now you are for reducing 1 form of grind. Good to know!

@Swagger.1459 said:

So now you are for reducing 1 form of grind. Good to know!

I do not consider heart completion to be grind. You do each of them only once to achieve world completion.

I will say, if the hearts are really what get you, just focus on completing everything else about map comp, maybe as you pass a heart do something to help it that's immediately in front of you but don't necessarily focus on it. Then, once you have most of the WPs throughout the world, whenever you're just waiting for a queue or bored or something, hop over to a map and work on the hearts. That's usually what I try to do since most of the time I'm more concerned about getting maps accessible by alts.

@Kulvar.1239 said:

I do not consider heart completion to be grind. You do each of them only once to achieve world completion.

I think that's fair, because we all do what we want. What one see fun as content, other can see it as painfull grind. Example I think GW2 main story quest is most painfull grind in this game.

How ever, I don't think it's wise to remove hearts from map completion. Because they are part of the maps. In my opinion it's better replace that reward what is needed, as been part of map completion. Meaning reward would not require map completion at all, but something what fits better the reward it self.

I like to keep in mind that there are new players coming to the game, and the hearts are a way to explore, level, and gain xp, as well as learning some of the game mechanics. That is enough reason for me to believe the hearts are important to the game. I've done world completion several times, and yes, some of the heart mechanics could be improved, but I don't want them removed. Several of my other characters are around 75% just from wandering around and doing some hearts along the way.There may have been forum threads in the past that listed specific problem hearts, but I didn't browse to find out.

Keep the hearts. Hearts are part of exploration.I agree that some of the hearts are not well designed and feel pretty "meh". But still I feel I've done something in that map when they are complete.

I am a casual veteran that explore a LOT. My main reason for exploring is to reveal the map on all characters, and not getting those legendaries. Over time my exploration have reached pretty hefty numbers with my 45 characters. In the early days I was getting only the waypoints, now I 100% all maps.: Currently 27x 100% core Tyria exploration with 94.3% average among my 45 characters.

Hot, Orr and 1st S3 map don't have any heart, it was so much better.You said it make you explore more ? I'll say no.I've explore Hot & co way more than any heart grind map because I don't have this boring thing to do, it's way more enjoyable.You don't have the feeling to be forced to do a stupid thing who make no sense to have the map full.I love complete all, and yes, I can't feel "complete" when I see all those heart left. And I don't care about legendary.

PoI are the most fun thing to me, THIS make you exploring the map to find them.Hearth don't make you explore anything, you just do stupid thing for no reason, not even lore.. (lore is really disappointing that said, was expecting way better from what I ear about this game).

Just my point, I've done all the map on my 1st char and will never do it again on other char cuz it's the most boring thing to do thank to heart.

Should they remove them, I think not, but remove them from map completion at least.You can let them as a requirement for legendary though since it's supposed to be a long grind.

@Swagger.1459 said:@"Kulvar.1239"

I have 34 legendary items, and the heart quests are nothing but an excessive grind on top of huge shopping and to do lists.

How many do you have?

You own 34 legendaries, clearly heart quests aren't much an roadblock to obtaining them. :trollface: