Remove Hearts from Map Completion

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Tukaram.8256 said:If you get to remove hearts from map completion, then I get to remove jumping puzzles from map completion.Just pointing out that jumping puzzles are not required for map completion. They are optional content.

Some of them are required for map completion.For example, there is a Vista on top of Vizier's Tower. I think there's a hero point as well.

Not sure that one has to complete the JP to get those?

You could ask another player to teleport you up.But without a port, you'll need to climb the tower.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Tukaram.8256 said:If you get to remove hearts from map completion, then I get to remove jumping puzzles from map completion.Just pointing out that jumping puzzles are not required for map completion. They are optional content.

Some of them are required for map completion.For example, there is a Vista on top of Vizier's Tower. I think there's a hero point as well.

Not sure that one has to complete the JP to get those?

You could ask another player to teleport you up.But without a port, you'll need to climb the tower.@kharmin.7683 said:Ok so there is ONE. I stand corrected.

Well....technically there is also the Breached Wall part of Diessa Plateau, which has a vista and HP at the end.Both of these JPs can be bypassed by mounts, though, once you have them and once you know the way.

And there's no cheating past that Dredge tower with the vista on it in Dredgehaunt Cliffs. (Except by mesmer.)

A> @Keitaro.9061 said:

Title says it all.Honestly, this is the most mundane task in this game. Completing some of the dumbest mini quests over and over with different skins rehashed. On top of that, some of them are an absolute pain to complete. They should only be used for additional experience while grinding a character or to unlock the vendor instead of being a requirement to complete a map.I get it, its supposed to be a grind, but 303 terrible things to do, does not help when its already a grind.Alternate solution:Drastically increase the completion/experience gained from the list of stupid stuff to do to make it less of a grind.

Just my two cents.. I cant bring myself to put the time into map completion on another character. It drains the life outta me.

An alternate could be what they did with heroic scrolls and how you can finish skill points in maps using it. Perhaps they can also make a currency to finish heart with it. The frequency of droprate must be the same as the heroic scrolls though as you can enough of them easily.

This will also bring more players to wvw which is always a plus.

...when there are 20 people trying to fight off invaders and literally everything dies 2 seconds after it spawned so you can't even get a hit to contribute to the kill....or when you try to destroy mines and some randoms keep running into them so you get no contribution at all.

Some Hearts are fun to do but most are just boring and tiresome, even annoying. Unfortunately, since they introduced mounts the map completion is an actual joke so it would be way too easy if they removed hearts. Back in the days you had to solve jumping puzzles just to get that last Vista or Hero Point - now you just jump on your mount. Not a fan of Hearts at all but unfortunately, they are needed so stop people from farming completion rewards.

I hope for hearts to return, they are part of the ambiance and lore of the maps. Bjora, Drizzlewood: They feel so dead and empty... grothmar and dragonfall are okay because ton of events. If not, both will feel as dead as bjora.

Nobody is forced to world complete, an nobody is forced to finish all the maps in less than one month! I love them, and several already been butchered with the 2014 feature removal pack and that's infuriating. Even that removal of wvw maps completion is a shame.

Seems like most people here care about the reward, which I don't care much about. I 100% agree with OP that Heart Quests are boring as hell. Sad thing is that GW2 has some interesting events with actual story and lore to tell, yet so many players miss them because they think Heart Quests are the main focus, which I guess it is at this point.

@hugo.4705 said:I hope for hearts to return, they are part of the ambiance and lore of the maps. Bjora, Drizzlewood: They feel so dead and empty... grothmar and dragonfall are okay because ton of events. If not, both will feel as dead as bjora.

Nobody is forced to world complete, an nobody is forced to finish all the maps in less than one month! I love them, and several already been butchered with the 2014 feature removal pack and that's infuriating. Even that removal of wvw maps completion is a shame.

Me too. I really enjoy them. Some of the later maps, in core, had no hearts and were boring. The hearts are basically the quests in this game.

Yeah honestly the heart completion things are just tedious. Some are quite quick to do, whilst others are painstakingly long. I also think there should be an option to pay a large gold fee (say, 100g?) to unlock all the waypoints on a character, only IF you've ALREADY completed world map completion on 1 character. That way if you want other alts to get around the world, you just pay 100g and all the waypoints are unlocked for that character.

@Zaoda.1653 said:Yeah honestly the heart completion things are just tedious. Some are quite quick to do, whilst others are painstakingly long. I also think there should be an option to pay a large gold fee (say, 100g?) to unlock all the waypoints on a character, only IF you've ALREADY completed world map completion on 1 character. That way if you want other alts to get around the world, you just pay 100g and all the waypoints are unlocked for that character.

Why would you need this when you have mounts?

I think a lot more people would like hearts if they actually gave better rewards, other than a few heart vendors giving unique consumables theres no reason to actually do them, 1 silver and a bit of karma is a bit of a laugh, if its a one time completion the rewards should be much better.

Hearts should have had their own unique currency from the start and not be tied with events and karma, this way you always feel like your progressing with something rather than only being rewarded with the map completion at the end

@"joneirikb.7506" said:This would cheapen legendaries, by removing one of the biggest time sinks in the creation. Would lessen any prestige or value many people see in legendaries. Many would see it as much less "epic" I guess.

Personally I don't really care one way or another, since I've never cared about legendaries, and even threw away the one Gift of Exploration I got.

The main thing here is that Hearts are optional content, you don't have to do it, it's your own choice to do it. Thus Gift of Exploration, and thus Legendary weapons are all optional content. As such I really can't get annoyed at this one way or another.

Legendaries main purpose (design/content wise) is long term project, so removing the largest time sink from them would be counter intuitive from a design perspective.

And you always have the option to buy the G1 legendaries on the TP, to bypass the entire problem. So I'd say it's optional with optional ways of getting or bypassing, I can't really complain about that.

Technically everything in the game is optional content.

@"Pii.8574" said:Some Hearts are fun to do but most are just boring and tiresome, even annoying.

some hearts need a change, like there is this heart in plains of ashford that doesn't have enough static objectives in sight and a very very low dynamic objective density. well there would be enough statics if all the energy source where placed in the heart area but one is outside and doesn't count for the heart ...

also this heart has heart objectives outside the heart area and there are several more.

enit: this heart is also stupid as collecting berries gives 3% and actually delivering them only another 3%, meaning that you collect them and throw them away will make aidem like you although it is the exact opposite of what he wants. if you start the heart at the hidden lake you easily find 15-20 berries (45-60%) and 10 bandits (50%) before you think about getting back. then the heart is completed and you can't even deliver the berries any more. nice. what a cool guy the commander is eh?

@"RedCobra.7693" said:I think a lot more people would like hearts if they actually gave better rewards, other than a few heart vendors giving unique consumables theres no reason to actually do them, 1 silver and a bit of karma is a bit of a laugh, if its a one time completion the rewards should be much better.

Hearts should have had their own unique currency from the start and not be tied with events and karma, this way you always feel like your progressing with something rather than only being rewarded with the map completion at the end

Many hearts also give items that are used in Collections...

But yeah, one of the issues of Hearts is that they're not very rewarding. Made worse by the fact that all non-max level hearts give trash leveling gear that's easily outleveled and replaced by level up/PS gear...

Outside of that, they seem to fill the space of fluff content to pad out World Completion for Gift of Exploration especially in an age where mounts exist and trivialize obtaining Vistas/PoI's/Waypoints.

But to be honest, the same can be said about a lot of pre-80 content and rewards... It's all useless these days. Which is a shame, since I originally liked GW2 because unlike other MMO's it had leveling content that actually mattered. Nowadays, though, it's devolved right back into the same "Only max level matters" as every other MMO with free leveling gear given out like candy, E-Specs for level 80's only and every expansion and LW chapter only adds to level 80 content (One of the things that was actually good about LW1 was that because it happened within zones that were not necessarily level 80 zones, it was playable by low level characters)

@Zaoda.1653 said:Yeah honestly the heart completion things are just tedious. Some are quite quick to do, whilst others are painstakingly long. I also think there should be an option to pay a large gold fee (say, 100g?) to unlock all the waypoints on a character, only IF you've ALREADY completed world map completion on 1 character. That way if you want other alts to get around the world, you just pay 100g and all the waypoints are unlocked for that character.

Such a thing already exists.

Central Tyria Waypoint Unlock Package costs 2000 gems on the store, which puts it at ~654 gold.

I highly doubt they'd release this for 100g when they're selling the package for $25 worth of gems...

@Taril.8619 said:

@"RedCobra.7693" said:I think a lot more people would like hearts if they actually gave better rewards, other than a few heart vendors giving unique consumables theres no reason to actually do them, 1 silver and a bit of karma is a bit of a laugh, if its a one time completion the rewards should be much better.

Many hearts also give items that are used in Collections...

But yeah, one of the issues of Hearts is that they're not very rewarding. Made worse by the fact that all non-max level hearts give trash leveling gear that's easily outleveled and replaced by level up/PS gear...

Outside of that, they seem to fill the space of fluff content to pad out World Completion for Gift of Exploration especially in an age where mounts exist and trivialize obtaining Vistas/PoI's/Waypoints.

But to be honest, the same can be said about a lot of pre-80 content and rewards... It's all useless these days. Which is a shame, since I originally liked GW2
because
unlike other MMO's it had leveling content that actually mattered. Nowadays, though, it's devolved right back into the same "Only max level matters" as every other MMO with free leveling gear given out like candy, E-Specs for level 80's only and every expansion and LW chapter only adds to level 80 content (One of the things that was actually good about LW1 was that because it happened within zones that were not necessarily level 80 zones, it was playable by low level characters)

Unique currency for hearts, allows you to buy heirloom gear for this currency, instead the idea of WoW heirlooms has already been implemented as rare weapons for provisioner tokens. seems like a bad fit

anet should allow exotic heirlooms, heck even ascended heirlooms to be purchased with heart vendor currencies even if they made a single piece of ascended heirloom cost 150 hearts id be all over that :P hire me anet

@kharmin.7683 said:Please not yet another unique currency.

I understand where you're coming from, but I feel like it only feels like a lot because there is no filter system in the wallet. many MMO's have significantly more currency items than GW2. say for example you have expandable sections for each currency it would look something more like this.

GemsGoldKarmaSpirit ShardsLaurelsGuild CommendationsTransmutation ChargesCompetitive (Click to expand)Heart of Thorns (Click to expand)Path of Fire (Click to expand)Living Story Season 3 (Click to expand)Living Story Season 4 (Click to expand)Raid Currencies (Click to expand)Strike Currencies (Click to expand)Fractal Currencies (Click to expand)Dungeon Tokens (Click to expand)

I feel like it would make more sense to have them catergorised too, newer players would immediatly see which currencies are relevant for them. it would look so much better and be easier not having to scroll down and just click to see which currency you want.