Warclaw Speed Please!

Now that the warclaw has been basically nerfed to pointlessness ( I actually like the stomp nerf), can we please have the "owned territory" speed back?

For concerns about getting run down in enemy territories, concerns are valid -- just give EVERYONE the speed that we had when we were in an owned territory.

It's so sluggish right now and BARELY faster the swiftness. It's already bad enough that its a kitten maze to get out of your own Keep or Garrison; (spawning backwards in green EBG keep anyone?) having that bit of extra speed would be nice to get back into fights slightly faster than it is now.

Warclaw has been rendered to almost "not really useful for anything at all" just about.

As far as I can tell, the only remaining useful trait of having a warclaw is the ability to evade attacks when you are passing by enemy players. Anet needs to consider some way to buff them back up in some way.

Who really thought that Warclaws are OP? Why the continual barrage of nerfs?

Warclaw is useless, but people get on it the moment they see any danger. Heck, I do this too.

Is it really a placebo, or maybe it's just an excellent choice for avoiding combat? I dunno, it seems to be much more effective at getting past those 10 people at gate as opposed to just walking through them. Maybe I'm just crazy.

@Opal.9324 said:WvW maps are way too small for the mounts' old speed imo. Kind of takes away the point of killing your enemies when they can just keep zooming back over like nothing happened.

Remove the F action to ress and then you have your enemies bleeding on the ground. if you are an organized group that's easy to do and if you are a blob it does not matter if they keep coming back.

@Bristingr.5034 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:It’s an additional 10k health, two extra dodges, and a permanent swiftness, non-CC’able buff.

The Shrines on Red BL allow you to move faster than the mount for 5 minutes.

Not gonna argue that. Everyone complains about speed of Red BL. Maybe we should make the shrines not give the speeed buff anymore? And be like Alpine?

Also, normal speed is faster than mounts when going up stairs, lol.

Yeah.. always has been though.. ?

War claw isn't useless, it gives a barrier to soak up damage, perma swiftness movement, immunity to CC, and 2 extra dodges/leaps. If you can't see how big of an advantage that gives you it's a massive L2P issue.

I would prefer if there was no mount at all, but I know we'll never be able to go back to that. Instead I'm hoping anet will return pips to EotM..

@Strider Pj.2193 said:It’s an additional 10k health, two extra dodges, and a permanent swiftness, non-CC’able buff.

Had it come out like this, no one would be complaining.

If you invest points, the third improvement is to give a speed boon to nearby allies who go walking.... Well they follow me at a similar speed than my mount, and this has no sense.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

Had it come out like this, no one would be complaining.

If you invest points, the third improvement is to give a speed boon to nearby allies who go walking.... Well they follow me at a similar speed than my mount, and this has no sense.

They don’t. Run beside them at least longbow distance and you will see they fall behind. If they are ‘keeping up’ they are using mobility skills or built for mobility. OR They have received the buff from a mount and are within the range of the mount.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

The Shrines on Red BL allow you to move faster than the mount for 5 minutes.

Not gonna argue that. Everyone complains about speed of Red BL. Maybe we should make the shrines not give the speeed buff anymore? And be like Alpine?

Also, normal speed is faster than mounts when going up stairs, lol.

Yeah.. always has been though.. ?

Ah, no, how about we add the shrines to ABL instead?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@lodjur.1284 said:Maybe speed buff should be in enemy territory instead.

MANY
PvE’ers
people would like that.

In enemy no, but again in your own, it gave defenders a bit more of an edge and gave controlling an objective a more strategic value. Now, we don't need to hold the camp because the objectives it feeds are T3. Before, we want to keep it to be able to move faster through that territory. That made sense.

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:"it's useless"

Yet everyone still uses them.

Why? Free HP, immune to CC, two extra dodges, radar wall hack, permanent swiftness on any class/build without using skills, it has NO COMBAT SPEED.

Yes, it's totally useless.

/sarcasm.

In my last session, I can probably count 4-5 instances where I would have died had I not been mounted, and one where I did die because I failed to mount. And this is excluding the times where I would have been caught off guard too, which is impossible to realize.

It is ridiculous to think the mount is useless; some people really do take survival for granted.

Remember when people found all those convoluted ways to get swiftness, including blasting static field? Those were the days.

Warclaw's Main Problem when introduced to this mode was it was the jack-of-all trade mount.

1. It can finish downed players
  2. Speed
  3. Immunity to CC
  4. Extra Evades
  5. Extra HP
  6. Ability to help break down gates

I feel like they should've made trade offs for the Warclaw.

Have the CC Immunity and Evade the only thing it has.

Warclaw now only has 500hp (unless HP skill is toggled)

As you trait up, you have options on your 6,7,8 skills to toggle what kind of Warclaw you're running. Let's call them "Modes".

While you have one of these Modes toggled, you don't gain the benefits of the other ones.YOU CANNOT CHANGE MODES WHILE IN COMBAT

MODES

1. Battle Mode - Increase HP and increase dismount damage by 50%.
  2. Rally Mode - 33% speed buff to you and other while in territory.
  3. Rush Mode - You gain 66% speed buff in any territory. You get dismounted if you're put in combat.

@"DragonSlayer.1087" said:Warclaw's Main Problem when introduced to this mode was it was the jack-of-all trade mount.

1. It can finish downed players
  2. Speed
  3. Immunity to CC
  4. Extra Evades
  5. Extra HP
  6. Ability to help break down gates

I feel like they should've made trade offs for the Warclaw.

Have the CC Immunity and Evade the only thing it has.

Warclaw now only has 500hp (unless HP skill is toggled)

As you trait up, you have options on your 6,7,8 skills to toggle what kind of Warclaw you're running. Let's call them "Modes".

While you have one of these Modes toggled, you don't gain the benefits of the other ones.YOU CANNOT CHANGE MODES WHILE IN COMBAT

Stances:

1. Battle Mode - Increase HP and increase dismount damage by 50%.
  2. Rally Mode - 33% speed buff to you and other while in territory.
  3. Rush Mode - You gain 66% speed buff in any territory. You get dismounted if you're put in combat.

I like this

It seems to me that the developers only see two sides to WvW;

• Gankers on the forum. Eternal whining about things that inconvenience gankers has repeatedly garnered developer action in patches.
  • Zergs in the game. The developers experience a sort of pseudo-zerging on the livestream each week, where they experience a non-voice-comms variety of the game and thus often die off tag and with no clue as to the commander's plan.

These two forms of WvW leave gaps in their experience - the developers don't get to find out about the "Objectives" game, tactics, strategy or DEFENDING.

I think that if the developers were to experience these other elements, they wouldn't nerf the Warclaw so much.