Where is Cantha on a map?

Brycar.2651

4 hours ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

I personally don’t feel that there will be any underwater oriented maps. That isn’t to say that there wouldn’t be underwater content but just that it would be minimal like what we’ve seen in post core Tyria maps. I don’t recall many water areas in GW’s Cantha other than the Jade Sea and we don’t know whether it has reverted back to normal.

I expect in part it has, not fully reverted back.. same for the Echovald forest.

I'm hoping to see the Jade sea as areas of significant water with both natural islands and jade islands/bergs in it.
I wanna see underwater tunnel networks in the jade too that lead down into pockets or restored sea giving us a look at what the world looks like under all that Jade which we never really got to see back in Gw1

I'm also hoping that many of the creatures frozen in the Jade will come back to life unpetrified, especially the Naga who were friendly when they were petrified thus didn't share the fate of their kin who survived the Jade Wind and became hateful, racist monsters intent of eradicating humans.
This would be a good way to redeem the Naga race in Gw2 imo.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 12:20 AM, Bast.7253 said:

I wonder if Forsaken Cliffs is where the Cliffside fractal takes place? The Colossus did move North from somewhere according to the torch collection. So much we haven't seen. Olympus and Arid sound really interesting.

Forsaken Cliffs and Thunder Cove are definitely my most wanted areas of the larger map.  I really hope we get to see them some day.  The Isle of Dawn too, that sounds awesome.  Every time I see that island I just imagine an amazing colorful sunrise with the color palette of the legendary precursor dawn.  Or maybe I’m picturing dusk... with red? Lol one of those 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 6:00 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

Looking at those maps just makes me think I'm more excited for what comes after Cantha. At that point they'll have pretty much covered all the areas we visited in GW1 (aside from relatively small areas, like the rest of Istan or patches of the Tarnished Coast) so after that they'll have to focus on somewhere new, somewhere we've never been before and know nothing about. I'm very curious about what's out there in all that 'unexplored' land, and whether it's unexplored by the people of Tyria in-universe or if they do know about it and it's just never mentioned in the story because it's not been relevant to what we're doing.

I’m not sure what’s more exciting at this point, cantha or what comes after! It’s great though to feel so excited for not just the short term, but the foreseeable future

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fenom.9457 said:

I’m not sure what’s more exciting at this point, cantha or what comes after! It’s great though to feel so excited for not just the short term, but the foreseeable future

While we know EoD isn't the end of GW2's story, I would be surprised if we get much more then a LWS6 that expands on Cantha as LWS4 did for Elona. IF we do, I suspect it may be a "clean up" arc, some more maps in Central Tyria covering stuff like Malyck's tree, the centaurs, finally clearing up the ghost problem once and for all. a Wizard's tower raid, etc.

• Sad 1

On 6/25/2021 at 5:00 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

Looking at those maps just makes me think I'm more excited for what comes after Cantha. At that point they'll have pretty much covered all the areas we visited in GW1 (aside from relatively small areas, like the rest of Istan or patches of the Tarnished Coast) so after that they'll have to focus on somewhere new, somewhere we've never been before and know nothing about. I'm very curious about what's out there in all that 'unexplored' land, and whether it's unexplored by the people of Tyria in-universe or if they do know about it and it's just never mentioned in the story because it's not been relevant to what we're doing.

Expansions have so far only brought 4-5 new maps. If that tradition holds, I wouldn't be surprised if the next Living World season/saga whatever after EOD expands on Cantha some more, similarly to what S4 did for Elona.

• Like 3

On 6/25/2021 at 4:45 PM, Ayrilana.1396 said:

I personally don’t feel that there will be any underwater oriented maps. That isn’t to say that there wouldn’t be underwater content but just that it would be minimal like what we’ve seen in post core Tyria maps. I don’t recall many water areas in GW’s Cantha other than the Jade Sea and we don’t know whether it has reverted back to normal.

To begin with GW1 had no swiming/underwater exploration so of course they had no aquatic maps

On 6/17/2021 at 2:20 AM, Mik.3401 said:

This huge ocean between Elona and Cantha makes me think it would be cool if there were  100% underwater map areas in there. They would be kind of a pathway to cantha.

The expansion logo suggests it is very water-oriented - maybe the sea journey to cantha will be a major part of the introduction to the story?

I wish we had a underwater dungeon! Its hard to avoid comparations, but in other games I've played dungeons inspired in the bottom of the ocean, with like half men half fish races like krait.

On 9/9/2020 at 9:43 AM, ProtoGunner.4953 said:

Additionally, I will add this map. It's fan made, but it is likely, we will get a in game map like this, when the expansion releases, which imo is much more immersive than in GW1:

https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/a/a2/Tyria_world_fan_map_%28freestyle%29.jpg

Wow. That's crazy impressive. Thank you for posting it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 4:28 AM, Linken.6345 said:

Here you go.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/a/ac/Tyria_world_fan_map.jpg/1200px-Tyria_world_fan_map.jpg

EditWe are currently in Kryta and Cantha is way to the south if you dont want to click the link.

IC italy boot as well there 🙂

Found this link for sizes of acually gw2 game area

https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/guild-wars-2-1418/full-world-map-of-tyria-the-planet-552008/

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2021 at 5:34 PM, Faridah.8431 said:

I know 90% of people hated it in GW1, but I really look forward to seeing how they handle a dense urban city like Kaineng City in GW2.

Honestly, I think the Kaineng hate is way overblown. It was joked about back in GW1, but even then I never saw like most people actually hate it.

17 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

The only reason I'm excited for the expansion. A way to force us off our mounts and go inside places.

Totally agree. Honestly Kaineng City is what I am most excited to see 250 years later, followed very quickly by the Jade Sea.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 1:20 AM, Mik.3401 said:

This huge ocean between Elona and Cantha makes me think it would be cool if there were  100% underwater map areas in there. They would be kind of a pathway to cantha.

The expansion logo suggests it is very water-oriented - maybe the sea journey to cantha will be a major part of the introduction to the story?

I'm totally up for it, really feel like the Underwater combat needs to be doubled down on sometimes ^^ its so good and just needs a bit more love, not to mention they don't have to be 100% Underwater Combat. I am very sure that when we got some krait lore it was pointed out that they keep air pockets in their homelands for those they capture to keep them alive

Yeah or even just maritime on a bigger scale than skiffs on the way to Cantha would be fun. I always thought that was sort of missing with sky ships and such. Given the ending of the last trailer though, seems we are still with sky ships though, so not really expecting much for water/maritime between Tyria and Cantha.

On 6/30/2021 at 3:14 AM, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

While we know EoD isn't the end of GW2's story, I would be surprised if we get much more then a LWS6 that expands on Cantha as LWS4 did for Elona. IF we do, I suspect it may be a "clean up" arc, some more maps in Central Tyria covering stuff like Malyck's tree, the centaurs, finally clearing up the ghost problem once and for all. a Wizard's tower raid, etc.

I'm a bit more optimistic. Gw2 is anet's only game, so they either keep developing it, or start on gw3, which I honestly see no reason to. The game's graphics and combat hold well.

On 7/16/2021 at 1:34 AM, Faridah.8431 said:

I know 90% of people hated it in GW1, but I really look forward to seeing how they handle a dense urban city like Kaineng City in GW2.

I'm on the 10% then. I still remember the first time I played Factions, I was fully prepared for a Kung Fu panda/Mists of Pandaria experience, which I really didn't care for, but the first time I stepped foot in Kaineng City's slums I wow'd out loud. 

The jade sea and echovald's cathedrals are some of the more interesting fantasy enviroments, but the slums were the highlight for me. So different from anything I've ever seen in any game. I was overjoyed when I saw snipets of them in the trailer, because I was worried Anet might have chosen to go with a cleaner, more safe depiction of Cantha.

On 6/29/2021 at 6:12 PM, Fenom.9457 said:

space and the tengu home continent/masssssssssssive island...

on the other side of that map..

coz we all know that flat earth theory is some bogus shiz..

• Confused 1