Core Halloween Festival Lunatic Racer Achievement can only be done with Path Of Fire Mounts

udoh.5307

@Skorpion.4850 said:i have difficulty stay in train with other people in Labyrint by foot but im fine; im not fine is with race in labyrint, is something that i tryed to do by food but even checkpoint didnt work to mark my way.

I feel now a little exlused, that all. Just a report for a normal player, no beg no asking for nothing.

Players that didn't buy any of the 2 major expansions, have probably less interest in completing all the achievements. But this belongs to a "festival", an event that involves the whole community (hopefully). And it's held in Lion's Arch, fully available to everyone.Yesterday I also saw someone on the starting line, surrounded by a dozen of mounts, saying "this is not fair". Who cares about the single achievement in the end. I'm fine in binding some achievements to a specific mastery/expansion. But I would have avoided it during a festival, that should be the same for everyone. For the series: "let's celebrate as whole GW2 community!".

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Shaaba.5672 said:

@Mister Asdasd.6194 said:This may sound harsh but people become more and more entitled. No if you dont buy expansions you shouldnt have access to the features that are the prime selling point. If you care that much about the game buy the expansion. It is half the price of your average WoW expansion and worth it. All you miss out with the race are 30ap and a free armor skin you can craft. Everyday people post about how it is unfair they dont have free mounts while others pay to have them. If you dont own PoF you dont need mounts,for the core game they are just an extra convenience for those who support the game

Since you're going to call people entitled, I'm going to call you out for being privileged. You have the advantage/convenience in this game with all expansions and a max level. There are many reasons that people might not be in the same position you are.

Is it a big issue, no. It's not. I do, however, think that a core festival activity that is accessible to every level, including level 1, should be given a fair playing field. If a level 5 warrior who has bought the expansions and hasn't boosted (like is recommended by so many people for their first toon) is able to get in the lab, then I think he should be able to do all of the activities in the lab. If there were a level 80 only lab, then I'd be cool with the mount races. Since it's not, then I'm not cool with it being there. That's how I feel about it. I don't feel it's game breaking or anything, but I'd rather get this feedback to Anet before they do something I strongly disagree with..

People paid for their privilege. This is not F2P game where everyone should be treated equally. This is B2P game. Want cool stuff? Buy expansions. This is what I did. I paid for content and features. You deserve nothing.

Seriously.This would be an incredably boring race without Mounts. It was obviously implemented with Mounts in mind. What is wrong with using a feature from an expansion to create extra fun and content? An expansion expands the game, not just with a couple of extra maps but with features too. Mounts are a feature that make Races an easy to implement, fun addition to the game.

I expect many more Races, where you even might have to switch Mounts to beat certain parts of the track. People simply can not expect that extra features like this are always added for free to the Core game.

I think it's cool that they've updated the festival this year in a number of ways, including new activities designed mainly for players who've paid for PoF. It's great that they have something else to really use their new mounts with.I don't have PoF yet, but I think I'll try the race on my DD just for a laugh :-)~TGPS - this issue... not an issue. Grow up.

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:I think it's cool that they've updated the festival this year in a number of ways, including new activities designed mainly for players who've paid for PoF. It's great that they have something else to really use their new mounts with.I don't have PoF yet, but I think I'll try the race on my DD just for a laugh :-)~TGPS - this issue... not an issue. Grow up.

This!

So i can craft those items which cheered me up a bit. But crafting them won't get me achievment therefore i won't be able to finish Mad Memorial collection without buying pof... Goodbye motivation to do haloween events.I bought HoT expansion because my friends were playing the game. I won't be able to buy pof expantion for awhile. It's just too expensive for me and in my country (suck to live outside euro zone :/ ). And i'm a bit mad that i'm forced to buy it in order to finish core achievements :/ It wasn't like that with HoT expansion. That's why it's so unfair.

@Skatty.8310 said:So i can craft those items which cheered me up a bit. But crafting them won't get me achievment therefore i won't be able to finish Mad Memorial collection without buying pof... Goodbye motivation to do haloween events.

Could you please provide a screenshot showing that the race achievement is required anywhere as part of the Mad Memorial collection? Good luck, you'll need it.

@cafard.8953 said:

@Skatty.8310 said:So i can craft those items which cheered me up a bit. But crafting them won't get me achievment therefore i won't be able to finish Mad Memorial collection without buying pof... Goodbye motivation to do haloween events.

Could you please provide a screenshot showing that the race achievement is required anywhere as part of the Mad Memorial collection? Good luck, you'll need it.

Oh u are right! I need to collect armor pieces for it! So all i need is to craft the one i can't get through achievement. Phew :D

@Skatty.8310 said:

@cafard.8953 said:

Oh u are right! I need to collect armor pieces for it! So all i need is to craft the one i can't get through achievement. Phew :D

:D

Craft the pieces needed. There you go problem solves. This is a business. People just seem to forget that and want to be catered and coddled. Do you think something like WoW caters to you? Do you think it caters to people that literally been on that mmo since the beginning?

No?

So why do you expect being coddled here of all places? If you don't want Anet to give you more things, then please, don't buy the expansion, but don't try to sit here and justify ONE achievement for a dinky backpiece or wardrobe set. ESPECIALLY, if you have a decent paying job.

And I know for a fact the majority of people that do think they are 'deserving' have either a job, or income providing from another source. Or, you can be a patient human being and wait for next year. All of this stuff you are going to get next year. You are literally talking about a first world problem .

You know, this Halloween has been very fun. They continued the Halloween story added a few new things. Labyrinth was changed not be effected by DR. Gliding and Mounts can be used. Lunatic Inquisition is back.

And yet, people have to find the most mundane thing to complain about. If you're so invested into Guild Wars that you cry over 5 ap then why haven't you bought PoF.They added the recipes so you can make them too. Was that missed? Or was this the best segue to complain.

@Skatty.8310 said:

@cafard.8953 said:

There you go, enjoy. :)

(Also, if you want to do the collection afterwards, you'll need to craft the other 12 armour pieces so one more isn't that big a difference)

@Yargesh.4965 said:Personally I don't like that they did this. I also don't like that they allowed mounts and gliding in the labyrinth. I have PoF.

Yes, mounts are just annoying in there. Most of the time you can not mount up anyway because something is trying to fight you. Gliding I am less concerned with as the major impact is people gliding from the entrance rather than teleporting.

@udoh.5307 said:I'm pretty sure the title says it all, but I don't remember seeing any core game achievements being tied to gliding from Heat of Thorns, so I am not sure why there is an achievement and an armor box being tied to Path of Fire only players.

The race has to be finished within 2 minutes, maybe they could either up the time, (so it could be run), or maybe "lend" players a mount for the duration of the race.

You can get the pants by crafting so I don't see a problem.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:Game needs to move forward, not staying in 2012 anymore. This is good decision to add expansion related activities to core Tyria to encourage more people into buying expansion. This is B2P game.

It's a bit of a double edged sword, though. In this example, new players are frustrated during Halloween, which might cause them to quit instead of buying the expansion.. If you get my point

If not being able to get halloween pants without spending 3 candy cobs and missing 5AP is enough to make people quit the game then I'm not sure what to say..

@RoyalPredator.9163 said:I actualy DID complete it under 2min using Daredevil's teleportation skills just before waypoints and it didnt gave me achievement for that.All of you who say "buy expansion" ... NO. It is a design problem!Don't go offtopic...

It’s not a design problem. If you have an issue then just craft the armor piece.

if you want mounts, buy PoF.If you dont want mounts, theres still labby, inquisition, and clocktower.If you dont want mounts hut do want armor buy a Corn Cob and teade it for the recipe you're missing.Addition of gliding and mounts in the core game is not to pester core gamers, it's to motivate them to buy HoT and PoF. Theres nothing the race rewards you that you cant get elsewhere.

All said and done, Im not against the idea of a rent mount for such an instance. It may actually stimulate sales if core players can feel what its like to ride a mount

it kinda like a nice little free armour piece without the crafting cost for ppl that can do the achieves. I cant do the clock tower (to lazy to try) so I made a pair of boots instead. at least no one is locked out the skin reciepe acquiring because of the vendor. (unless your broke for gold anyway) I will expect them do similar things like this with winters day to include mount stuff for flavour.

@Embered.5089 said:Actually, I have a thief with the build for having a speed boost when dodging (and 3 dodges for daredevil), and I also have my shortbow skill 5 which teleports me a short distance, and with those together, I can complete the race on foot.... It actually completely skipped my mind that the race was for mounts, so the first time, I went on foot... even though I saw the NPCs and other players on mounts. Let's just pretend that I wanted to try it on foot.

Hi Embered! Are you able to share your build and gear? I'd like to give this a try but am not that familiar with Thief traits.

@RoyalPredator.9163 said:I actualy DID complete it under 2min using Daredevil's teleportation skills just before waypoints and it didnt gave me achievement for that.All of you who say "buy expansion" ... NO. It is a design problem!Don't go offtopic...

Hi Royal, there's another user here that has said they were able to manage it. Have you had success on further retries? or is still blocked for you?

I'd like to give this a go, and am trying to gather as much info as possible before gearing up my thief.

I have PoF but I don't like or want the mounts. No idea why this is imagined to be a cost issue. Mounts are clumsy, awkward and annoying even in clear, open territory. In tight spaces like the Lab they are just ridiculous.

Also I don't care about the achievements, the armor or the race. I do care about the visual clutter. Which could be easily solved with a "Do not display mounts".

Archived