All Hail Steve, Labyrinthine Horror

Bangan.5912

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:Here is my question. Why are we arbitrarily picking named enemies to nickname?

Why not call Tequatl "John"?Why not Call Logan "Abernathy"?Why not call The Viscount "Chimmichanga"?

For what non attention-seeking purpose are we naming a skeketon "Steve/Dave/(lol)Fred"?!!!!!

Just call him Horror like a normal person.

OrbitalButt was spot on.

You're killing fictional monsters, that look like Holloween toys, in an extra dimensional realm, governed by a Murderous Mad King, with a terrible sense of humor, arguing with his estranged Son, who is also murderous but with less humor, opening disemboded doors, mining big candy corns for little candy corns, and collecting trick or treat bags........ There is nothing NORMAL about anyone who would willingly visit this place.

Hi, Aggie here, oddly strangely my guild (BOM) came up with the name Steve on their own for him the first year of Lab. We were running around and he popped up everywhere I went so they started caling him My Ex-Boyfriend Steve (it was a joke don't have an Ex named that). It stuck and we have perpetuated his name every year. Our posts date back about it on these boards. We are often commanding every night of the Lab during the busiest hours and so it widespread out to other groups.

So I don't know who was first but,think that confirms his name is Steve. Also, I like John for Tequatl.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:Here is my question. Why are we arbitrarily picking named enemies to nickname?

Why not call Tequatl "John"?Why not Call Logan "Abernathy"?Why not call The Viscount "Chimmichanga"?

For what non attention-seeking purpose are we naming a skeketon "Steve/Dave/(lol)Fred"?!!!!!

OrbitalButt was spot on.

You're killing fictional monsters, that look like Holloween toys, in an extra dimensional realm, governed by a Murderous Mad King, with a terrible sense of humor, arguing with his estranged Son, who is also murderous but with less humor, opening disemboded doors, mining big candy corns for little candy corns, and collecting trick or treat bags........ There is nothing NORMAL about anyone who would willingly visit this place.

Mad Kings is funny. What are you talking about.Him and Hohotron are what make gw2

Also thumbsup

STEVE!!!!!!

Part of the daily today was doing the race so of course people were hanging around there. Want to guess where Steve decided to go too?

Looks like I will do that part of the daily tomorrow.

edit: Of course, his being there not only caused problems with not being in the start area or dying (so either way getting disqualified by leaving) but not being able to mount up.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Personally, I hate the horror. Once you're in his aggro zone there's nothing you can do anymore.Just walk to him and let yourself get killed.Even if youre mounted, if youre near him you pile up torment to near instant dismounting.Its not challenging, its not scary, if defeat is guaranteed. Now, if it was possible to do anything at all, he'd be a challenge. But now he's just a cheap annoyance, like walking into a spike trap in SAB.. nothing you can do, you see it coming and just give in so you can respawn

I had a different experience because I solod the Horror on a glass mostly melee Chrono in a pretty empty instance until 60 percent health and more players came. I had enough blocks, evades, and stunbreaks on rotation for every one of his moves and on occasion had the heals to keep myself going. You definitely have to be on your toes and have a class and build where you've got constant active defense tools. It's not impossible though. My experience with the Lich was another story though even with all that and tons of condi cleanse it was easy to get hit at range if I had a moment without something up my sleeve. But I never got to try because last I fought Lich with less people the Horror came along for a gang up and it was hell lol

OrbitalButt was spot on.

Yes, Chimmichanga...that's...it's so perfect for the Viscount. Next time I'm in the Lab, I'll run around saying "Oh noes, Viscount Chimmichanga is here" and the name will go down in history. Thank you, I have a purpose now :)

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"Endless Soul.5178" said:I really don't understand giving the nickname "Steve" to everything.

Its not a new tradition for players to nickname certain unique (or even non-unique) mobs, or invent backstories for them for entertainment purposes. It can be varied in style, as most fan fiction is.... but occasionally sticks, and spreads to become a game wide meme within the community.

On a semi-related noted, Minecraft was popular by the time GW2 came out.... so it wouldn't surprise me if that had some influence.

I mean, it has kind of reached the point that for some reason "Steve" is the go-to name to give things. "Fred" is a close second or at least used to be.But until this year I had never seen the Horror called Steve. Now I am getting people harassing me in chat saying I "must a noob" because I called it Horror instead of Steve.