How can GW2 be made better?

@Sobx.1758 said:

@LordMadman.5812 said:2) I personally I do not like scavenger hunts or jumping puzzles, and forcing me to have to do them isn't content. It's a cheap way to say something is content and it's another time gate. Progression should be incorporated into the game as I play which is fun. I shouldn't notice that I'm progressing from constantly being forced to go here or do that.

the thing is these are optional. they are part of the exploration aspect of the game, not required for your character's progression. you can argue that jumping puzzles or certain side content are required for things like the skyscale mount or legendary weapons -- but then again, these are optional too. ascended weapons and armour are on par with legendaries stats-wise (minus certain conveniences like easy stat swapping). most of what the skyscale can do, you can make do with springer+griffon and even then the skyscale is not required for any content in the game.

what you may find silly/pointless/isn't content, other people may find fun and enjoyable

They are required for content like obtaining Skyscale or making legendaries. Skyscale IS CONTENT. Your definition of CONTENT is skewed.

Skyscale and legendaries are also optional, you're free to play what you want, but complaining about having to go through parts of content for their respective rewards doesn't make much sense.

optional to a certain degree, the aggro range in pof was clearly buffed to "motivate" more people to grind the skyscale.its an old mmo trick, create a problem, and then sell the solution.

@LordMadman.5812 said:2) I personally I do not like scavenger hunts or jumping puzzles, and forcing me to have to do them isn't content. It's a cheap way to say something is content and it's another time gate.

@LordMadman.5812 said:Content is anything put into the game that the player can experience. Not just the area itself as you think it is.

Dude, you're contradicting yourself.

@LordMadman.5812 said:If it's a gate to obtain or complete something... IT'S NOT OPTIONAL!

What is it required for then? "Required" and "optional" is always in context to what you're trying to complete. If it is possible to complete something without it, it is considered "optional".

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@"LordMadman.5812" said:So slandering me calling me a casual isn't meaningless.

oh and for the record i never called you a casual. i only mentioned that even the most casual of the players who play gw2 have attained these grinds with time. there's nothing in my replies that specifically mention you being a casual. have a good day/evening.

Can we please stop considering "casual" an insult? How people spend their free time while playing a video game is entirely up to them. Considering "casual" an insult suggests otherwise.

@battledrone.8315 said:

@LordMadman.5812 said:2) I personally I do not like scavenger hunts or jumping puzzles, and forcing me to have to do them isn't content. It's a cheap way to say something is content and it's another time gate. Progression should be incorporated into the game as I play which is fun. I shouldn't notice that I'm progressing from constantly being forced to go here or do that.

the thing is these are optional. they are part of the exploration aspect of the game, not required for your character's progression. you can argue that jumping puzzles or certain side content are required for things like the skyscale mount or legendary weapons -- but then again, these are optional too. ascended weapons and armour are on par with legendaries stats-wise (minus certain conveniences like easy stat swapping). most of what the skyscale can do, you can make do with springer+griffon and even then the skyscale is not required for any content in the game.

what you may find silly/pointless/isn't content, other people may find fun and enjoyable

They are required for content like obtaining Skyscale or making legendaries. Skyscale IS CONTENT. Your definition of CONTENT is skewed.

Skyscale and legendaries are also optional, you're free to play what you want, but complaining about having to go through parts of content for their respective rewards doesn't make much sense.

optional to a certain degree, the aggro range in pof was clearly buffed to "motivate" more people to grind the skyscale.its an old mmo trick, create a problem, and then sell the solution.

For clarity, are you saying the aggro range in Path of Fire was 'buffed' nearly two years after Path of Fire's (September 22, 2017) release to accommodate the release (May 14 2019) of the Skyscale?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

For clarity, are you saying the aggro range in Path of Fire was 'buffed' nearly two years after Path of Fire's (September 22, 2017) release to accommodate the release (May 14 2019) of the Skyscale?If he's saying that its silly because quite obviously if that has even a sliver of truth then the regular mounts themselves would be the reason, not the skyscale. Flying or running you can bypass mobs either way.

But I dont think it is. I think its because PoF is endgame zones - Anet wanted more mobs, more fights, denser content and something you couldnt just breeze through. With larger maps came larger aggro range to accomplish that. Nothing more complicated than this. When people then cry because a mob hit them while they are chopping wood... well boohoo.

I'm pretty new to the game, but looking through various threads, it seems to me that people have been complaining, to more or less legitimate a degree, about things like lag, excess visual clutter and lack of good tutorials (to name but a few) for a long time (as well as some non-issues such as those the OP raises). So for me its a question less of how the game can be improved, than one of whether it actually will be; i.e. whether ANet has either the will or the resources to do so.

@Beleron.9347 said:I'm pretty new to the game, but looking through various threads, it seems to me that people have been complaining, to more or less legitimate a degree, about things like lag, excess visual clutter and lack of good tutorials (to name but a few) for a long time (as well as some non-issues such as those the OP raises). So for me its a question less of how the game can be improved, than one of whether it actually will be; i.e. whether ANet has either the will or the resources to do so.

It's true. There are some vey annoying/useless/under-par/bugged things about the game that Anet refuses to address. Some of which are as old as the arch.

Then on the other hand they find the resources to make pathetic over the top and/or ridiculous stuff for the game. I have no idea why people buy that stuff.

@Astyrah.4015 said:

Fine I say, but the problem is some of that junk from those events finds itself back into the game so others not liking it still need to suffer it. You know I seen a raptor wearing a Minecraft skin yesterday. Sacrilege.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

For clarity, are you saying the aggro range in Path of Fire was 'buffed' nearly two years after Path of Fire's (September 22, 2017) release to accommodate the release (May 14 2019) of the Skyscale?If he's saying that its silly because quite obviously if that has even a sliver of truth then the regular mounts themselves would be the reason, not the skyscale. Flying or running you can bypass mobs either way.

But I dont think it is. I think its because PoF is endgame zones - Anet wanted more mobs, more fights, denser content and something you couldnt just breeze through. With larger maps came larger aggro range to accomplish that. Nothing more complicated than this. When people then cry because a mob hit them while they are chopping wood... well boohoo.

Indeed. Or the Skyscale would have been the 'hidden' Mount, rather than the Griffon.

My problem with the game is that we have a lot of skills that do absolutely nothing, and have a lot of visual noise. I personally want Anet to look at skills, especially vfx. Skills that do nothing, less than nothing, or basically nothing should have subtle animations, while big cd big dps skills should be flashy and feel awesome to use.

As it is now, group combat feels like throwing wood and precious metals on a giant bonfire.

@battledrone.8315 said:

It clearly was not, skyscale was not even on the table when aggro ranges in pof was implemented.

@Linken.6345 said:

It clearly was not, skyscale was not even on the table when aggro ranges in pof was implemented.

I have to ask. How do you know that? How do you know skyscales have not been on the table since HOT's?

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Nazarick.9653 said:Skyscale or not, you're still going to get 1-shot from 10000 units away in PoF.

First, no mob can engage at 10000 units. Second, no mob can 1-shot you.Not in PoF. There are the snipers in Bloodstone Fen though that
can
engage you from that range (and even a bit further away) and knock you off air to death when you try glide in what you think is perfect safety, far from ground and visible enemies. Increasing aggro ranges was something that Anet started to do long before PoF.

Thankfully, PoF mobs don't do that. They just swarm you from distance, and join up into fights from even greater distance, because not only PoF aggro range is double the core one, but a lot of mobs have an additional, separate range (significantly higher than their aggro), within which any combat that starts makes them go into that direction (and then, once there, aggro normally on players there).

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Nazarick.9653 said:Skyscale or not, you're still going to get 1-shot from 10000 units away in PoF.

First, no mob can engage at 10000 units. Second, no mob can 1-shot you.Can you provide an example of a mob that can 1-shot you at a very long distance? And also what's your build when it does so.

Harpies. Get anywhere near those and your mount dies almost instantly. (usually before you can see them)

As for the rest - I don't mind having danger zones in certain places, but not when it's the entire map and you can't even stop to look in your bags or a vista or to alt+tab for a few secs without being ganged up on. (not to mention near-instant respawns)

@battledrone.8315 said:

optional to a certain degree, the aggro range in pof was clearly buffed to "motivate" more people to grind the skyscale.

Not "to a certain degree", just optional.Aggro range wasn't "clearly buffed to motivate getting skyscale", it has nothing to do with that and you try to repaint the reality to fit your end-goal/opinion/agenda. But it's false.If anything, the aggro range was justified by basic mounts themselves, it has nothing to do with skyscale.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

optional to a certain degree, the aggro range in pof was clearly buffed to "motivate" more people to grind the skyscale.

Not "to a certain degree", just optional.Aggro range wasn't "clearly buffed to motivate getting skyscale", it has nothing to do with that and you try to repaint the reality to fit your end-goal/opinion/agenda. But it's false.If anything, the aggro range was justified by basic mounts themselves, it has nothing to do with skyscale.

People say the silly aggro range is all about the mounts. If that's the true reason then it doesn't work (they failed). It ruins the game for the guy on foot and not in the saddle. I guess they are never going to admit they got it wrong so we are stuck with a crippled map that could have been a great map.If it wasn't for the mounts I recon POF would be deserted. No one can honestly say that those detection ranges are okay. It's just very, very silly.[

@Joote.4081 said:

People say the silly aggro range is all about the mounts. If that's the true reason then it doesn't work (they failed). It ruins the game for the guy on foot and not in the saddle. I guess they are never going to admit they got it wrong so we are stuck with a crippled map that could have been a great map.

I don't know if it's "ALL about the mounts", but that makes sense to me. It also doesn't somehow ruin the game for me when I'm on foot.

No one can honestly say that those detection ranges are okay. It's just very, very silly.

Nah, I don't see the issue, for sure not as a general rule/truth for pof maps and whenever I asked for specific locations, I get the answer "EVERYWHERE", so I guess I just disagree with that generalized complaint.

POFdeserted.

heh.

• Confused 1