Let us hide trinket visual effects (Aurora, Vision, etc.)

I'm not a fan of Aurora's visuals, but they're not too out of place on my mesmer. Along came Vision, and stacking them made the effect less attractive to me, with the spheres going all wobbly. Coalescence on top of them looks truly atrocious. I certainly hope the armory will allow using them without visuals. Having them on a mule is a bit of a waste of legendaries.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hagbard.7192 said:

Without disable the effects on your own and on the other charactes the future of GW2 looks like this.

GW2 - Human/Mesmer - Transcendence - Conflux - Coalescence - Vision - Aurora (YouTube Video)

When Anet forces us to use the effects of the legendary trinket and the one's from the legendary armor (PvE) each character looks like the same and the view and feeling of GW2 will be boring.

Another point is that Anet can't sell skins in the Gem-Shop because they can't be used on the armors which are in the "Legendary Armory".

The irony of it all is mesmer is the one class that can make use of legendary trinkets the most. It gets ping ponged between OP and underwhelming depending both on patches and party/squad composition (i.e. chrono stacking).

Even a checkbox for "show while in combat" would be a step up from what we have now, for example legendary PVE armor only makes the animation on drawing weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes those effects always seemed ridiculous to me regardless of the character's race. I would only want to do them once this option is in game.

It always made me laugh a little to see players with these effects and full of infusions, they look like disco balls...but they feel stylish 😅

Edited by radda.8920
  • Haha 1

From a view point of quality, GW2 might be one of the games with the best particle effect.

However, there is too much particle spam going on everywhere.

I'd rather have Arenanet release decent looking weapons than all those half-hearted skins that are covered in too many particles.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 6

I prefer more tame, simple look. I wish particle effect appearances were reserved for highly rare and challenging feats of strengths, rather than cheap store items that everyone can have.

The game's exceedingly flashy spell animations and circles are enough visual clutter as it is.

• Like 3

I think things are getting a little out of hand with all these flashing costumes and effects.  You have people on fire, smoking, flashing, shimmering, speech bubbles, confetti, and assorted kitten lighting effects flying everywhere.  It's becoming hard to see where I'm going anymore.

Boss fights were bad enough with the usual A-net eye bleeding light shows.  Now to add to all of this visual garbage we have players giving off their own firework display.

For the love of kitten can't you please rein in all of this nonsense before you have a lawsuit against you for eye damage?

And another thing?  I got myself a ascended trinket and now my character has the worst case of dandruff I have ever seen.  What's that all about?

Edited by Joote.4081
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Asking an option to disable all models to standards models or reducing flashy items in general why not.

Asking for less items that is flashy is well dead, you need to understand something, maybe you find aurora ball silly, maybe you find theses exotics wings stupid.

But a lot of pepole like this kind of design, they don't wear it just for the "i'm a shiny look at me", some wear some items for prestige sure, but at this point there is a lot of non prestige items that are flashy and people still wear them.

It's just differents tastes, and from what areanet release it's seem a lot of people loves this kind of things so since it's sell well it's not ready to stop, myself included, i don' t like too much infusion, but i like one or two maximum max, or the wings themself, i really love them.

You can say it's cringe or anyway but in the end it's a matter of taste what it's cringe or not.

The only thing you could ask is option to lower flashy thing like i say previously if what really brother you is the visual cluster.

Edited by WindBlade.8749
  • Like 3

I laugh, but guilty as charged. MMOs teach us the flashier and gaudier you look, the more attention you’ll get. We equate that with success. Presentation is the first thing everyone notices. And let’s be real. That’s what the game promotes. People park their toons in hubs for everyone to see because of it. And ArenaNet recognizes this because flashy sells more than sedate on the gem store.

Still, I’m not against toning down if there’s demand.

Edited by Ardenwolfe.8590

I turn the player models done to the lowest, but then I cannot see how good peoples outfits are, YET, the kitten kitten kitten over the top kitten effects are still there.

I want to see peoples outfits but without the kitten blinding and stupid effects.  It's that simple.  Why cannot A-net do this?

Thing is it's getting worse by the week as they flood the gem store with more and more of this garbage.

Edited by Joote.4081
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

they should just extend wardrobe by trinket animations, and by infusion-like effects (like the halloween/wintersday shoulders). That would let us always select a base (non-animated) option, if desired.

This ^^  Some of the outfits are probably very good if you could see past the visual noise.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 2:04 AM, Joote.4081 said:

Don't the dev's get it?  If they blind us all, we can't play the game, resulting in them all becoming unemployed.  It's in their interest to turn the lights off.  I know they have a kitten on for flashing blinding lights but they must learn to control their fetish.

I cant stand the visual vomit all over the screen when I am trying to kill a boss, and cant even see him because of all the visual clutter going off. Its seizure inducing let us toggle it down or off.

7 hours ago, WindBlade.8749 said:

Asking an option to disable all models to standards models or reducing flashy items in general why not.

Asking for less items that is flashy is well dead, you need to understand something, maybe you find aurora ball silly, maybe you find theses exotics wings stupid.

But a lot of pepole like this kind of design, they don't wear it just for the "i'm a shiny look at me", some wear some items for prestige sure, but at this point there is a lot of non prestige items that are flashy and people still wear them.

It's just differents tastes, and from what areanet release it's seem a lot of people loves this kind of things so since it's sell well it's not ready to stop, myself included, i don' t like too much infusion, but i like one or two maximum max, or the wings themself, i really love them.

You can say it's cringe or anyway but in the end it's a matter of taste what it's cringe or not.

The only thing you could ask is option to lower flashy thing like i say previously if what really brother you is the visual cluster.

Im fine with that, but on my screen I want it not cluttering up everything. I dont care when im standing around in LA, I care about how it impacts combat, you cant see a dang thing with all the flash. Not to mention on my bigger screen its hurting my eyes. I hate how this game looks turned down, but I cant stand all the flash when im fighting. Spell effects are cool but for goodness sake tone them down or let us.

• Like 2

I have to admit, it's getting a bit much. I purposefully obtained the least flashy infusions to put in my gear but it still leaves my character looking like she has a fire aura around her. I don't mind her looking like that because she's supposed (for rollplaying purposes) to be a fire dragon cursed to be in human form. However, I can just imagine what this would do to people's computers if there were a hundred other players all glowing/sparkling/flashing away in one place. My system can handle that load for the most part but then I'm not too sure that my system is considered normal (3090 graphics card, SSDs, and a pile of other nice bits). For more modest systems, these massed effects might cause the game to go into slide show mode.

• Like 1

Sometimes when you start the game at the right time you are greeted with a crafting area (a place I tend to hang around a lot) that is free of flashy people, and it looks great/beautiful.  Enter the flashy people and then the scene starts to resemble blinding multi coloured vomit.

Way to go A-net.  How to ruin your own game.  Short term gains that will most certainly shorten the life span of the game. 

Give us a button to turn all of this garbage OFF.  Then it's a win-win.

Edited by Joote.4081
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1