We're missing something super important in this game...

This is a disaster and must be fixed with the utmost urgency -- delay the expansion pack if you must so we can get this into the game as soon as possible.

It's an outrage that we're unable to... pet any of the dogs in the game.

Yes, this is a shitpost, but seriously... were is my ability to pet the dogs around Tyria?

• Like 9
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Well. Each to their own I suppose.

However, the likelihood of that happening is very slim.

I don't think that ANet will postpone an entire xpac over something benign, imo.

I will take this post as a funny one; but others might not take it so lightly.

One might even ask if you are serious about this request?

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203

17 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Well. Each to their own I suppose.

However, the likelihood of that happening is very slim.

I don't think that ANet will postpone an entire xpac over something benign, imo.

I will take this post as a funny one; but others might not take it so lightly.

One might even ask if you are serious about this request?

Obviously it's a joke to ask them to delay the expac, but I am serious of wanting the ability to pet the dogs.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

This is a disaster and must be fixed with the utmost urgency -- delay the expansion pack if you must so we can get this into the game as soon as possible.

Yes, this is a shitpost, but seriously... were is my ability to pet the dogs around Tyria?

You can pet at least some of them. There are two hearts in Caledon Forest you can fill pretty much by petting pups (would be great if you could pet the adult ones as well though). And there's one doggo in Jahai and maybe one more but I'm not sure.

However, I'd really REALLY like to pet my ranger pets. It's a shame I can't do that.

I wholeheartedly support this request! 🐶

(And yes, if there was an achievement to find and pet every dog in the game I'd do it.)

I'd go further than dogs though and include cats and all ranger pets, it's such a shame that there's no interactions between rangers and their pets.

• Like 3

Another raid is released, but all of the bosses are people devoted to keeping you from petting a dog in each section of the zone (each dog is a uniquely-named NPC). Final boss is an animal warden; defeating them grants access to The Puppy Chamber. Bonus: This is when ArenaNet finally adds difficulty modes w/scaled rewards to raids. 👌

The idea of a puppo collection quest is 10/10 - Rather than filling the home instance with dogs, you receive a teleportation item that brings you to an instanced area filled with Good Dogs you can play with similar to this. Could require doing various canine-related tasks such as running with the wolves in Wayfarer or completing the first level of the precursor awoo flute, Howl.

All friendly NPC canines receive a 'play' interact similar to the doggos in Danador's Kennel - doing so gives the Dogged Determination buff (3 seconds of stability)

Canine tonics receive the skill 'bellyrubs' that functions like play and grants the buff adorable.

A mini quest to add Garm to your dog chamber is added to the game. Garm demands proof of your bravery, cleverness, and heart. Ironically, all of his quests are fetch quests. Garm never speaks, the Commander just sorta stares at him and interprets because that's the kind of thing that happens in GW2.

• Like 1

I'd rather be able to pet and play with my Ranger pets 😛

Seriously, this is something i've wanted for so long xD
The whole bond between Ranger and pet is kinda limited in Guildwars 2 to basically a mechanical component and the ability to name your pets..
Back in Gw1 there was that as well as more as your pet could level up individually from you like it was it's own entity and your pet could have natures which affected it's stat growth.

Was a small thing but it did help make each pet feel like it's own being.
In Gw2 your pets feel more like minipets with combat capabilities.. not their own creature.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

This is a trash request, and I'm annoyed that you wasted my time.

What we need is an option to pet the cats.

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2021 at 4:37 AM, Bristingr.5034 said:

To feed your need to pet the dogs, you can go do the heart thing in caledon forest where they have a lot of fern hounds in a pen... Sit there spend some time until you get bored

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

You guys want to turn GW2 into Pokemon or something? 

Dog collection in home instance, able to pet cats and dogs?

I would rather the devs did a Ranger menagerie, if anything.

Wouldent it be great to have a dogmander in the home instance the 2 catmanders can gang up on?