Do you guys think/hope LW S1 will ever be replayable?

eduardo.1436

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not expecting it to happen but I keep hoping it will.

We heard similar things about Super Adventure Box, the Mad Memories collection and Lunatic Inquisition - that it wasn't easy to add back in because it had been designed as a one-off and subsequent updates had made it impossible to just reactivate it as it was, it would take too much work to update it. But they all came back eventually.

Of course Season 1 is a huge project compared to any of those, or even all of them together. But I keep hoping that one day we'll hear that some people at Anet have been working on it in bits and pieces as and when they had a moment, or applying work they did for other things to it (e.g. fixing a bug/long standing QoL issue and then realising the same fix solves one of the issues with Season 1 and emailing the relevant people to let them know that hurdle is fixed) and one day it will all finally come together.

I imagine it happening at the same sort of pace as fan-made addons (because it's the same idea - people contributing whatever bits they can in their free time, as and when they feel like it), but with the possible advantage that everyone involved is fully familiar with the game and has access to all the original assets. But basically I'm expecting it to take about as long as things like the Skywind project - which is rebuilding the entire Morrowind game inside Skyrim so it can be played with the updated engine, graphics etc. So, several years at least.

Living World Season 1 was actually a Living World. I wish it would be like this for our newer Seasons and not these "stuck in timeloops" maps and NPCs.Because these Open World events were amazing and exciting!! I loved it!

I like our new seasons too but they feel like.. you only do story and abit quests/hearts and then you are done forever of that map, unless you are one of those hardcore farmers. But that's it.

I am glad I played through S1 but I wish it would be more of "living" world rather than we currently got.

Also, I doubt we'll ever see the return of S1. How would you re-create that season? You were playing on Vanilla maps and you need to have lots of players in order the events would become successful. It would be awesome to replay that awesome season though... but ANet is ANet.

If anyone wants to see what the fights in LS1 were like just go to Twilight Arbor dungeon and play the Twilight Assault dungeon. That dungeon is a very similar design of what happened all around Tyria when Scarlett and her forces attacked. Because of the way the LS1 was designed it would be near impossible to recreate. So some people did not experience it after it ended , maybe you should of been playing GW2 at the time. The idea was unique, because it was trying to be like real life in a way. You do not get to wake up do everything in your day you need to do and then the next day do the exact same thing (work does not count). But thanks to people complaining they missed LS1 we now have a repeatable LS design for LS2 and beyond

LWS1 was in line with GW2's initial design : no more maps, but making the current maps evolve and feel living. Events meant to be epic. That kind of things.

Given the path followed by ANet since HoT (which was seemingly the last gasp of that initial design), there truly is no chance we'll see that ever again.

No, it won't be replayable.

Yes, I hope they make it as a sequential series of fractals where Dessa provides some context as to what happened between the big events that you play through. The initial playthrough would be a long string of events from Season 1 that need to be played in order. You can only replay them once you get through the entire sequence.

I don't care that much about being able to replay season 1 content myself, but I think the fact that the first chapter of this game's story is no longer in game is actually a gigantic problem. A player who enters the game at season 2 just sees all these characters appear randomly, with little to no introduction. Rox and Braham had their own S1 episode(s?) where they were developed, and that's completely unavailable to anyone playing today. I really think they need to do something about that, even if it doesn't require bringing the entire season back.

@typographie.1742 said:I don't care that much about being able to replay season 1 content myself, but I think the fact that the first chapter of this game's story is no longer in game is actually a gigantic problem. A player who enters the game at season 2 just sees all these characters appear randomly, with little to no introduction. Rox and Braham had their own S1 episode(s?) where they were developed, and that's completely unavailable to anyone playing today. I really think they need to do something about that, even if it doesn't require bringing the entire season back.

I missed a couple episodes of season 2, so when I started on living story content I was like "Who ARE these people?!"So, I went and bought what I had missed of season 2 in order to try and catch up. Only to still have the same question as before.And the cutscene anet gives as a replacement for season 1 is a steaming turd.

Luckily I was able to find good information on youtube to catch up on the major events, but even then, there really isn't a good way to really see and know how I met these characters.

If not, they really should stop reusing the season 1 characters. Very few players play the same MMORPG for that long, so by now many players have never seen what happened in S1. And a lot of them also skip S2 since it's behind a paywall now. That's definitely not good for story cohesion, not knowing who Taimi, Rox, Canach et all are.

Sure, there's the short movie version of S1, but that barely mentions the NPCs.

@Zaltys.7649 said:If not, they really should stop reusing the season 1 characters. Very few players play the same MMORPG for that long, so by now many players have never seen what happened in S1. And a lot of them also skip S2 since it's behind a paywall now. That's definitely not good for story cohesion, not knowing who Taimi, Rox, Canach et all are.

Sure, there's the short movie version of S1, but that barely mentions the NPCs.

I mean, at this point Canach, Kasmeer, and Rytlock at least have had far more character development in LWS2/HoT/LWS3/PoF than they ever could have received in LWS1, so its becoming less of a problem with each release. All we are really missing is the introduction of Kasmeer/Canach/Marjory/Braham (who can die for all I care)/Rox, but most of them have had significant character development in content that is still accessible to anyone.

I mostly want LWS1 for the fights

Maybe you can indeed remake it into fractals. Of course it would not be the same, but you could look at it from another perspective. Say the invasion of LA with the killing of scarlet in the end gets remade, but you fight one of the knights instead as endboss while the battle rages on around you.As much as i would hate it, Marionette could be turned into raid or once again be remade as a fractal where you man one plattform with 5 people. It were 5 people per plattform anyway if I remember well. Anet has already done this to a certain deegree, all of molten alliance and mai trin fractals are basically rehashs of ls1.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Ameepa.6793 said:I say no because I am always wrong.

Then the statement, "you are always wrong" is incorrect, which means, you are always right, which leads us to the fact that your stat

Then your statement ("I am always wrong") is Wrong,so you're always right!But then your statement must be true, so you must be always wrong.That makes your statement false, so you must be always rightwhich is the wrongliest thing of all

I want that "The Wrongliest thing of all" as a title!

Archived