Guard permanent Resolution, and warrior 4 second Resistance

Hello, I think when you decided to remove retail and change to resolution, you forgot the fact guard has perma retail (now perma resolution). Not to mention scrapper and other classes.

At the same time, when you nerf resistance, you also forgot about warrior's skill "Berserker Stance" and "Featherfoot Grace". Obviously make already horrible skills even more horrible is the plan.

Note: Berserker Stance- Paulse 4 seconds, each seconds give you 1 second resistance, and its not a stun break, and 40 seconds cooldown, lol

Fun fact: obviously, I'm a warrior main.

Edited by BruceLee.5092
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

5s on a 15s CD that you have no control over.

I thought it was 10 second cd? I know it isn’t great, was just informing him since it’s a new change. I looked at sort of quickly, so I could be wrong on the cd.

Edited by crewthief.8649

Hardened Armor should give 8s of Resolution.

Revenge Counter needs both Resolution and Resistance.

Berserker's Stance needs a shorter CD now.

Restorative Strength should give Resistance now (like 5s).

Defy Pain should grant 4s of Protection and Resolution, get rid of the Lesser Endure Pain proc.

Last Stand should grant Resistance as well as Vigor on stance activation, get rid of the Lesser Balanced Stance proc.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shao.7236 said:

Resolution should be available more to Warrior in general.

Hmmm, yes, the class with 19k base HP should have more boons than the class with 11k hp that is supposed to be boon-based instead. Makes sense.

To OP: Would you really pick berserker stance or featherfoot grace even if they doubled the Resolution duration? They've completed screwed those utilities because they now no longer serve the function that they did before. They need a total rework.

Infact, so many things need a rework because of this boon change, that I seriously doubt any thought was done. Someone just thought "hey I had a really cool idea, lets mess with everything" and now it's broken stuff on nearly every class.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Hmmm, yes, the class with 19k base HP should have more boons than the class with 11k hp that is supposed to be boon-based instead. Makes sense.

To OP: Would you really pick berserker stance or featherfoot grace even if they doubled the Resolution duration? They've completed screwed those utilities because they now no longer serve the function that they did before. They need a total rework.

By available, I mean accessible. You don't have to add more, just fix existing skills that have Resistance at least.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Well, they (Guardians) do have Aegis, which is exclusive to the class and quite effective. Warrior needs more sustain, IMO (not more than Guardian, just more in general).

Edited by crewthief.8649

6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Hardened Armor should give 8s of Resolution.

Revenge Counter needs both Resolution and Resistance.

Berserker's Stance needs a shorter CD now.

Restorative Strength should give Resistance now (like 5s).

Defy Pain should grant 4s of Protection and Resolution, get rid of the Lesser Endure Pain proc.

Last Stand should grant Resistance as well as Vigor on stance activation, get rid of the Lesser Balanced Stance proc.

Hardened armor doesn't need a buff, passive 33% uptime on resolution is already good for a minor trait assuming they add other sources. Agree on defy pain and last stand, for berserker stance they should just revert it to pre-2016 version (-100% incoming condi duration, less adrenaline gain).

Restorative strength needs overall rework, no one will ever use it when you can trait mending and take fighter rune for better effect. 

Also featherfoot grace should get reduced cd or resolution. 

Warrior didn't lose much this patch because most updated skills/traits were already off-meta, but it's a shame to see those options go in the dumpster.

Edited by Torqiseknite.1380
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Well, I suppose you have certain very specific applications on other classes, but it is most definitely far more prevalent on Guardian.

Prot holo has more aegis than guard does. Crazy, an I right?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Resolution should be available more to Warrior in general.

Why should you? You have more HP baseline than a guardian and dps Guardian doesn't have permanent resolution either. If you want more defensive boons give up your HP and some of your boons

Health - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Edited by Touchme.1097

35 minutes ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Why should you? You have more HP baseline than a guardian and dps Guardian doesn't have permanent resolution either. If you want more defensive boons give up your HP and some of your boons

I’m not certain he was stating that Warrior should have more than Guardian, just that Warrior should have more in general.

2 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

Prot holo has more aegis than guard does. Crazy, an I right?

So Protection Holo procs Aegis at specific intervals? And can proc on-demand Aegis? 

1 hour ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Warrior needed resistance in order not to melt when delivering its 130 range skills.

Atm warrior really needs resolution added to revenge counter, berserker stance and healing signet active. Featherfoot grace too although that’s debatable. And that’s just to stop it from being dumpster mode.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, crewthief.8649 said:

We get a fair amount of it from Hardened Armor in the Defense line. 

yea thats the only resolution warrior get in the entire class, a single minor trait, that's definitely a "fair" amount

lololollolo 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Infact, so many things need a rework because of this boon change, that I seriously doubt any thought was done. Someone just thought "hey I had a really cool idea, lets mess with everything" and now it's broken stuff on nearly every class.

what are you on about, he clearly means warrior needs more resolution then it currently has instead of having more then guardian.

also if you want to talk about logic, warrior had way more resistance before the change even more so then guardian before retal change, warrior had these many resistance because warrior is incredible weak to condition, unlike guardian which are hard migations, that can directly prevent condi application, warrior has to soak up more condi damage.

that's why mending is a skill that cleanses 5! condition with 20 CD and shake it off cleanses 4 condition with 2 charges, such overbuffed numbers of condi cleanse if used on other classes on top of having a trait that cleanses condi on weapon swap and movement skill removes crippling condition farther shows how warrior needed heavy help for condition,

even with these clearly over the top number of condition cleanse yet warrior can still die to condition builds, this is just the cruel truth

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

yea thats the only resolution warrior get in the entire class, a single minor trait, that's definitely a "fair" amount

lololollolo 

Well, it’s 33% up time, not a ton, but a fair amount. Now if you’re referring to other skills and traits, then we’re in agreement. Obviously something needs to be done with Berserker Stance, Featherfoot Grace, and Revenge Counter. I’m a Warrior main. No need to be passive aggressive, tough guy.

Edited by crewthief.8649

57 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Well, it’s 33% up time, not a ton, but a fair amount. Now if you’re referring to other skills and traits, then we’re in agreement. Obviously something needs to be done with Berserker Stance, Featherfoot Grace, and Revenge Counter. I’m a Warrior main. No need to be passive aggressive, tough guy.

And it is something that warriors have 0 control over. It can be procced before you need it and not be there for when you do.