I hope cantha gets the story it deserves

Rukia.4802

This game literally feels like it was written by or for children. Its a Disney friends story with some bad guys along the way. Ironically that is exactly what FF14 is but it takes itself seriously with its writing.

PoF had its moments because joko is peak relatable boss material, but then it goes straight back to trash dragon story with a literal child in taimi. Stop focusing on garbage characters and focus on the player character and relatable enemies. For once can we go through a story alone without Disney troupe following me like lost puppies? GW2 makes ARR content in 14 look like award winning story material, at least 14 improved drastically.

Please stop making this game a joke and take it seriously for once. Does end of dragons mean end of garbage story and the return of actual interesting GW lore and characters or should GW2 just be forgotten from history and pretend it doesn't exist like season 8 of game of thrones and the star wars sequels? The game doesn't have any queue system or endgame content so what do you think people log in once a month for? LOL. At least make your 1 piece of relevant content worth it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I got to say focusing on Dragons in Guild Wars 2 was a huge mistake imho, such a cliché motive. They should just leave this part of the story, and follow (as the new expansion's title goes...) "End of Dragons" path.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

I totally agree with you, unfortunately given the name of the extension, almost all the maps will be dedicated to the last dragon or a way to kill it ...
cantha was perfect on gw1, shiro is one of my favorite enemies...

I would have preferred that we go there after the death of the dragons, to be able to focus on an interesting enemy on a human scale this time 😞

I'm afraid that the whole political side of cantha will be put aside to talk about dragons.

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Flasterko.4087 said:

Yeah, Joko was really interesting character.

And they should really cooldown with taimi a little, she is making story very childish. 

Unless they plan on dropping Taimi's illness story and due to her knowledge of the elder dragons, I do think Taimi will be going to Cantha with us.

I also worry that the interesting political story of Cantha that was started in GW1 Winds of Change will be almost entirely sidelined (maybe/hopefully reserved for LWS6 if that happens, but doubtful of that).

Edited by Poormany.4507

56 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

With all dragons dead and Aurene being an almighty force for good, they'll also have to find nonsensical explanations for her not just destroying any threat in 2 seconds as well. 

Aurene should have stayed dead.

We already got that explanation she have to maintain the balance of all.

1 hour ago, Poormany.4507 said:

Unless they plan on dropping Taimi's illness story and due to her knowledge of the elder dragons, I do think Taimi will be going to Cantha with us.

I also worry that the interesting political story of Cantha that was started in GW1 Winds of Change will be almost entirely sidelined (maybe/hopefully reserved for LWS6 if that happens, but doubtful of that).

If  the size of the explorable part of cantha is similar to the size of path of fire, we will be able to largely explore everything we have seen in gw1(faction) during EoD.

So unless they expand the continent, there would be nothing left for a living story...

i guess that  the whole part in kaineng (where the political power is )will be a huge map of the expansion ..

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

If  the size of the explorable part of cantha is similar to the size of path of fire, we will be able to largely explore everything we have seen in gw1(faction) during EoD.

So unless they expand the continent, there would be nothing left for a living story...

i guess that  the whole part in kaineng (where the political power is )will be a huge map of the expansion ..

We only visited around half of the Canthan map in GW1 with plenty of areas left unexplored (particularly in the eastern and southern areas) (further assuming no mostly, if not entirely, water based maps, which could end up being implemented somehow). Also, the southern border of the map could easily be expanded, as lore maps show that it extends further south past the GW1 cutoff point. I think there'd be plenty of areas left if they needed them for LW., it just depends on if they have the commitment/resources to doing one.

8 hours ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

Seriously, if you want story play a single player RPG. Just don't get mad when you want an MMO's gameplay.

Thats such a lazy response, GW1 has great story and characters. FF14 has great story, so does ESO. Many people have told me swtor has great story. Its not foreign for an MMO to have a good story. WoW peaked in wotlk because of story alone. ANet went with the typical epic dragon setting and got stuck there, they are finally realizing it and is why we killed 2 dragons at once this time to get them out of the way. And soon (hopefully) delete the last ones so we can finally move on from trash story and write something with a personality that isn't cringe. I understand the age of boring dragons may finally be over, but that leaves the disney troupe which are about as enjoyable to hear talk as it is to watch paint dry.

I want shiro to murder all of the dragons watch clowns, me included.

Edited by Rukia.4802
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Rukia.4802 said:

Thats such a lazy response, GW1 has great story and characters. FF14 has great story, so does ESO. Many people have told me swtor has great story. Its not foreign for an MMO to have a good story. WoW peaked in wotlk because of story alone. ANet went with the typical epic dragon setting and got stuck there, they are finally realizing it and is why we killed 2 dragons at once this time to get them out of the way. And soon (hopefully) delete the last ones so we can finally move on from trash story and write something with a personality that isn't cringe. I understand the age of boring dragons may finally be over, but that leaves the disney troupe which are about as enjoyable to hear talk as it is to watch paint dry.

I want shiro to murder all of the dragons watch clowns, me included.

No, those were good stories for MMOs. But they would get murdered by single player RPG stories.

Edited by Mortifera.6138
  • Confused 3

27 minutes ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

No, those were good stories for MMOs. But they would get murdered by single player RPG stories.

Maybe. Still no reason to slack off, just because it's an MMO. A Genre does not define the quality of the story, the story does define the quality of a story.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Rukia.4802 said:

PoF had its moments because joko is peak relatable boss material,

Joko wasn't relatable at all. He was an insane, narcissistic sociopath that makes Bangar look well adjusted. Hes not even good boss material because Joko has been an idiot since the original Guild Wars

Ironic you talk about the game being like a Disney movie, then prop up the character most like a Disney villain as being good.

19 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

Going by the world map we can find in-game, Cantha is so large that even a PoF sized expansion would only be able to cover Shing Jea(2 maps) and most of the city(3 maps) which would leave all of the JAde Sea, and Echovald, open for LW.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

Joko wasn't relatable at all. He was an insane, narcissistic sociopath that makes Bangar look well adjusted. Hes not even good boss material because Joko has been an idiot since the original Guild Wars

Ironic you talk about the game being like a Disney movie, then prop up the character most like a Disney villain as being good.

Going by the world map we can find in-game, Cantha is so large that even a PoF sized expansion would only be able to cover Shing Jea(2 maps) and most of the city(3 maps) which would leave all of the JAde Sea, and Echovald, open for LW.

I'm sure they'll condense it a bit. With how much concept art of Echovald they have right now I really don't think they'll save Echovald for a Living World. I would imagine they would at least have SOME of it open.

Also, we still have a ton of core Tyria that isn't explored so they may only have the top half of the continent visible like they did in Guild Wars 1. I'd like to see some of the southern areas and surrounding islands but I'm not holding my breath.

The proportion of the full map of Tyria hasn't ever quite matched the proportion of the in-game map anyway. I'd expect a little bit of a size difference between the giant Canthan continent on that map versus the in-game map.  The question would be how they would split up a map like Echovald into multiple if they needed to.

I'm hoping they figure out a way to make the maps larger than POF.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 12:42 AM, Aodlop.1907 said:

With all dragons dead and Aurene being an almighty force for good, they'll also have to find nonsensical explanations for her not just destroying any threat in 2 seconds as well. 

Aurene should have stayed dead.

I agree. Either aurene resolves all wars and disputes simply by existing or just leaves for some hand-wavy reason. Or the "bad guys" pull a deus ex machina to make it go away or something. But hey, death is an inconvenience rather than the end, so it doesn't matter regardless.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

I'm sure they'll condense it a bit. With how much concept art of Echovald they have right now I really don't think they'll save Echovald for a Living World. I would imagine they would at least have SOME of it open.

Also, we still have a ton of core Tyria that isn't explored so they may only have the top half of the continent visible like they did in Guild Wars 1. I'd like to see some of the southern areas and surrounding islands but I'm not holding my breath.

The proportion of the full map of Tyria hasn't ever quite matched the proportion of the in-game map anyway. I'd expect a little bit of a size difference between the giant Canthan continent on that map versus the in-game map.  The question would be how they would split up a map like Echovald into multiple if they needed to.

I'm hoping they figure out a way to make the maps larger than POF.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Anet is pulling a little fake out with the concept art.

Back in Guild wars 1 there was a zone called Pongmei Valley that served as a transition zone between the city proper, and the Jade Sea/Echovald Forest.

With PoF sized maps, one could easily cover that entrypart of both regions, and part of the city, in one map. So we would have just a little bit of both in the Expansion. sort of like how Vabbi was for PoF.

• 3 weeks later...

On  the subject of Aurene. I think she needs to ascend... as in get beyond Elder Dragon and gods, so much so that she can't relate to what goes on in our mortal minds and can't be bothered with our petty squabbles. ( that is ironically how the Elder Dragons were sold to us at first ). They can make her the keeper of some high level "balance of magic" that holds the world together if they must but ...over "there", away from the stories and tribulations of the mortal races. She's become too powerful to not be the obvious solution to any world stage problem Tyrians might run into... and since she can't die... I say we promote her, all the way up so she can't / doesn't care / too busy to reach us.

On 6/7/2021 at 6:10 PM, Harak.8397 said:

On  the subject of Aurene. I think she needs to ascend... as in get beyond Elder Dragon and gods, so much so that she can't relate to what goes on in our mortal minds and can't be bothered with our petty squabbles. ( that is ironically how the Elder Dragons were sold to us at first ). They can make her the keeper of some high level "balance of magic" that holds the world together if they must but ...over "there", away from the stories and tribulations of the mortal races. She's become too powerful to not be the obvious solution to any world stage problem Tyrians might run into... and since she can't die... I say we promote her, all the way up so she can't / doesn't care / too busy to reach us.

I feel like it is very possible that Aurene will progressively go mad from all the magic she took in, particularly Jormag and Primordus' conflicting magics, at some point either before or during EoD and we'll have to battle her at some point in the future (possibly hinted at by her line to Jormag "Why do they all go mad...?"). I can also see her sacrificing herself at the end of EoD to preserve the All without dragons or something similar. Both ways, she would be removed as the all powerful character during/after EoD.

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 1