why do you think power block is a good trait

felix.2386

19 minutes ago, Filip.7463 said:

They can spam it on random skill and still get value. Like holo 2 cd to 15s, srsly?

the cd on mantra is too low as well, you can literally kit and hold and bait after he used 2 dazes and then dodge mirage sword one and f3 and pistol 5 and he will just get another mantra back up and still interrupt the heal

either the 15 seconds timer need to be reduced or the mantra needs to have higher CD

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Imagine crying about Mesmers 

Edit: Imagine crying about Mesmers AND having a thief icon

i can beat your thief on my mesmer.

thief doesnt counter PB condi mirage, just so you know, still using this statement shows how out of touch you are, both in game and skill.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 2

Nono, hes got a point. It doesnt counter, its not faceroll matchup anymore but still imo decent teef > decent mezmer, just sometimes takes lots of time

Anyway, despite all that ”nerfed to the ground” aura around mesmer since X patches, its not in bad spot now. So reverse uno card ”its all me, not the class” is kinda out of menu (not related to the topic btw).

Join nerf mezmer train, tchuu tchuu

3 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

the cd on mantra is too low as well, you can literally kit and hold and bait after he used 2 dazes and then dodge mirage sword one and f3 and pistol 5 and he will just get another mantra back up and still interrupt the heal

either the 15 seconds timer need to be reduced or the mantra needs to have higher CD

Count Recharge: 24 seconds
Hmm
Gw2 mob in its last dich effort remove last skill-expressive trait from the game.
Here rests power block
Everyone should use brainless passive traits anyways.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

The trait is a cool concept, the lack of proper internal cooldown is the problem.

If it's gonna be 15 seconds, so should the ICD be as well. Not talking about the weakness but the interrupted skill being set.

I'm fine with 6-8 seconds personally. I think 15 is too high. I'll even take like... 3 seconds icd, same as the weakness. As long as  they cannot spray and pray with daze. 

It should be more in line with Distracting Daggers - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W). It has the potential to be     is skill based, and it's reasonable to fight once you know its being run.  This isnt like mirage cloak, you can pretend to heal and then stow, let a daze hit you then move behind an obstacle to actually heal. 

Let them have powerblock though. With the condition shift to staff mirage their distribution of specs requires skill to play now. They're approaching reasonable and fair, even with the shenanigans. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

GW1 was full of cooldown increasing abilites, mainly interrupts. Mesmer was loaded with them, but ranger and warrior had them aswell.
The GW1 skill with the same name (Power Block) had the potential to disable your entire skillbar if you ate an interrupt(as it disabled all spells of the same type). You guys are lucky the rest did not make it into this game.

I actually had to look up the trait, and turns out it was added in 2014, not on release. The fact that I do not remeber shows how much effect it had initially... close to none. But then the game sped up, mesmers gained a plethora of new interrupts, the trait itself got powercrept with added damage and weakness... and now it is no longer about watching for key skills to interrupt, now it's about padding your keyboard with something nice so your face doesn't get hurt.

So while I'd say the current iteration is trash(but thats kind of the whole game at this point, End of Dragons better be an effin miracle), at some point in time it was a decent PvP trait.

Edited by Bazsi.2734

43 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Count Recharge: 24 seconds
Hmm
Gw2 mob in its last dich effort remove last skill-expressive trait from the game.
Here rests power block
Everyone should use brainless passive traits anyways.

Hotfix 2021 - Passive traits now have 300sec cd

4 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

Edited 3 hours ago by felix.2386

I don't actually agree with this, and don't think the skill needs to be adjusted that far. a minor icd would be fine. All the other dazes except for distraction are avoidable, and that requires line of sight. you can usually figure something out to get a heal through if a mesmer doesnt surprise you with blink to maintain LoS, and if they just add like.. a window large enough to push a heal when another skill is interrupted that would possibly round it out completely.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

18 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

Maybe higher cd or even single cast. He needs 1 utility for mantra but with it he blocks 2 of your utilities (because he has 2 casts). It brings mesmer double value. Oh and dont forget pistol and f3 are also cc.

18 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

GW1 was full of cooldown increasing abilites, mainly interrupts. Mesmer was loaded with them, but ranger and warrior had them aswell.
The GW1 skill with the same name (Power Block) had the potential to disable your entire skillbar if you ate an interrupt(as it disabled all spells of the same type). You guys are lucky the rest did not make it into this game.

I actually had to look up the trait, and turns out it was added in 2014, not on release. The fact that I do not remeber shows how much effect it had initially... close to none. But then the game sped up, mesmers gained a plethora of new interrupts, the trait itself got powercrept with added damage and weakness... and now it is no longer about watching for key skills to interrupt, now it's about padding your keyboard with something nice so your face doesn't get hurt.

So while I'd say the current iteration is trash(but thats kind of the whole game at this point, End of Dragons better be an effin miracle), at some point in time it was a decent PvP trait.

back then halting strike (damage on interrupt) was an adept trait (and it could crit) so you could still have power block + damage on interrupt.

Edited by Quadox.7834

it isnt the probleme of powerblock , it is the probleme of mirage , again the probleme of interupts themselfs isnt an issue when u know what u are fighting but when u are fighting something that is so annoying to fight and have even more daze potential with sword 1 and just spend the entire combat jumping around powerblock becomes more annoying especialy since if they are condi they dont need to take advantage of the opening that powerblock gives , they just need to u know ..surivive as u are dying with condi ticks as ur condi cleans / heal spells is now at 15secs CD  , honestly mirage itself , i mean the whole kitten class need a rework no class is more and will be more annoying than mirage , with so much condi spam and weird mechanics that somehow make it even stronger when used by a bot 

• Like 2

I personally hate playing against mantra of distraction for the same reason I dislike playing against steal. There's no counterplay to it. Instant cast. No Tell. The sound queue for it plays after the skill has already hit you. You can't even listen for the mesmer charging the skill once they've burned their charges. It's an ammo skill now. 

Personally, I think it should shoot out a projectile with a quick velocity/cast time. Make it like head shot in that regard. At least then they couldn't use it while stunned and you'd have the option to counterplay with reflects or quick reaction times if they fire it off at max range.  

Powerblock, on the other hand, is fine. 

That all being said... I don't think Anet should touch it until they give mesmer a proper look over. Chrono and core are underperforming atm no matter how you slice it, and mirage still only has one dodge. Dealing with that should be the first priority. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Quadox.7834 said:

Helseth is a Mesmer main... Of course he will defend his class..

Also, I think only gold mesmers spam CC and waste the PB. I cant imagine p1+ mesmers would not use CC on imprtant skills such as heal. I dont think it requires that high skill to use it properly. Therefore, given its instand range cast, should be nerfed.

Also, nerfing PB does not mean nerfing the mantra. So I have no idea why he said: "if they use thier heal, they think they should get it off". 

Edited by Crozame.4098