Fears for new elite specialization

Red Haired Savage.5430

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

...and the fact that warrior's dmg really isn't bad at all despite some people trying to constantly pretend otherwise.

in PvE. true.

In PvP / WvW: untrue. If you go for damage as a warrior, you basically have to give all of that up. And the one unique buff (banners) hardly play a role in either of these scenarios, because battles move around too much.

Especially if you bring CC, you're giving up a lot of damage.

Edited by nthmetal.9652
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

At this point just change the class, I don't know what's the point of constantly complaining and doomsaying while at the same time forcing yourself to play something you don't like.

Those fears mainly concern the new spec. Currently, warrior is being held by some strings, but it is viable. Still more fun to play than the other classes imo. And the builcraft on warrior is excellent too, considering the wide range of weapons we have, even if they use some outdated mechanics.

Just because I want to improve my main class, because I am aware of where it suffers, it doesn't mean I'm qqing that warrior does no dmg. Hell nah, all my suggestions have been flavour-related on skills, ability-regarding effects (for the improvement of synergies) and QoL stuff that would greatly improve gampley in those parts where warrior falls behind (better Rage skills, better banners, less pointless dmg buff traits, reworked weapons skills). 

🤷‍♂️

Teapot made a nice video, detailing, what makes a good and a bad design approach for a spec. His examples in the beginning focus on weaver (doing only damage, and basically having to make every choice towards that goal), vs scourge or firebrand (which do damage AND a lot of additional stuff). 

I kinda worry about banners, they didn't make them good this patch, they were nerfed actually and they have light fields now(WHY???? , support warrior has enough condition management , the bruiser doesn't).

The banners should have some kind of cool active component and the passive stats thing should be trait or something and I'm all up to spread the love of passive stat sticks to most classes, call it something like Blessing of might so it is special buff that doesn't stack and I wouldn't need to make calculation every time they decide that banners give too much stats. Engi turrets get stat stick, necro minions stat stick even ranger can do it with spirits or pets, too many have to passives in the game as is I thought the idea of the game was to play how ever I want to, so as a warrior I should be able to heal, tank or dps and be able to switch up with other classes.   

16 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Why would you expect that?

First and foremost, GW's "monk" have more ties to Guardian than it will ever have with Warrior, while the "asian monk" thematic is already taken by daredevil. If you were to think about warrior's example in cantha, you'd probably image kurzik's juggernauts, an imperial soldier in heavy armor, a dual wielding tengu or even a jade brotherhood axe wielder.

Personally, I think that warrior won't get staff as a weapon because revenant and dardevil already fullfil this melee staff user fantasy and there is little to nothing that ANet can add to this fantasy by giving warrior a melee staff. Warrior thematic also put him as a heavy fighter, not a swift and flexible one, which clash with the "monk" image that you envision.

It's my point of view but I think the next warrior e-spec will revolve aroud the thematic of the banner. (for me signet of rage's self empowering effect is the thematic base of the berserker, while rampage and it's heavy reliance on hard CC is the thematic base of spellbreaker). Thus, I expect warrior to get a standard bearer of a kind, an e-spec that lead at the frontline, a comandeering image more than a pole dancer. (And I expect the standard/banner to not be an optional weapon which make having a staff on top of that way to redundant).

If I had to fear something it would be more ANet going all in with might sharing on this e-spec.

I think that because A-net is lazy and has been for a while with several E-specs. I think SOME of the specs will be cool, the other half will be lame copy pastes of other things. But thats me as a Jaded vet of the game having no faith in the development team, which after champions and how they've handled things since PoF isn't much of a stretch.

Im expecting the minimum for warrior, because expecting anything of value is foolish. Warrior got spellbreaker last expansion which was incredibly unique... while other classes got.... well... eh. (Looking at you renegade)

3 minutes ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

I think that because A-net is lazy and has been for a while with several E-specs. I think SOME of the specs will be cool, the other half will be lame copy pastes of other things. But thats me as a Jaded vet of the game having no faith in the development team, which after champions and how they've handled things since PoF isn't much of a stretch.

Im expecting the minimum for warrior, because expecting anything of value is foolish. Warrior got spellbreaker last expansion which was incredibly unique... while other classes got.... well... eh. (Looking at you renegade)

how the hell is spellbreaker unique? Boon strip? that's it? Other classes get boon corrupt, boon steal etc. Necros do a better job than spellbreakers at boon stripping.

and don't get me started on their profession mechanic. literally just added a side burst full counter. That's one new profession mechanic skill, while everyone else got a whole menu

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheBravery.9615 said:

how the hell is spellbreaker unique? Boon strip? that's it? Other classes get boon corrupt, boon steal etc. Necros do a better job than spellbreakers at boon stripping.

and don't get me started on their profession mechanic. literally just added a side burst full counter. That's one new profession mechanic skill, while everyone else got a whole menu

Its more than Zerker had? It at the very least gave warrior SOMETHING outside of MOAR DAMAGE. I mean granted it wasn't ground breaking but it was better than likely the alternative they'd of given us which is just warrior but white-ish gold. The class will never get the love it deserves, I firmly believe berserker during HoT's lifespan was one of the better incarnations albeit it made core warrior redundant at the time.

Tbh Full Counter was not a bad skill. It is very unique and Spellbreaker giving us the ability to modify it is very cool as a concept...Now the execution is the tough part and how probably the strongest trait which upgrades this secondary burst (Revenge Counter) is very very bad in competetive formats for a grandmaster. Better go with extra strips or magebane, probably the best Grandmaster trait between the 2 elite specs, on par with Core's MMR and Burst Mastery.

Berserker did bring a lot more uniquness with Primal Bursts though, so both especs have been quite interesting on top of Core warrior, but neither ever reached it's full potential and flavor, unlike say: Weaver, Daredevil, Holosmith, Chronomancer, Firebrand

On the sidenote, I do value Zerker and SpB as far more creative especs than Scrapper, Mirage, Scourge, Tempest, Renegade

The rest are probably in the same level of uniquness.

I think the only fear we should have is that the new espec has very little differentiation to what already exists in terms of theme.

Especs are not introduced because of performance, so we should ALL accept that and get with the program here. No one should expect the new spec to change their perceptions and issues related to warriors 'being outshined in damage and utility' by something else. If it does, that's a bonus, but don't bet on it. 

• Like 1

I think the only fear we should have is that the new espec has very little differentiation to what already exists in terms of theme.

Especs are not introduced because of performance, so we should ALL accept that and get with the program here. No one should expect the new spec to change their perceptions and issues related to warriors 'being outshined in damage and utility' by something else. If it does, that's a bonus, but don't bet on it. 

Well about this topic... Man I don't know where to start, let's talk about the current situation first

1. In PvE Warrior is just Banner Warrior, never the top frontline DPS. They see this as "Fine" which mean they probably will never make warrior free of banner and have option to be frontline DPS.

2. In PvP and WvW the meta for warrrior is going bunker, no DPS.

The thing is I am pretty sure that the new Elite spec will not be DPS spec, will be funny if they create DPS spec which outdps berserker. At least Berserker is more fitting name for DPS spec.

So if they don't fix Warrior then the role will be mediocre DPS banner and Bunker support forever.

PVE SPECIFIC COMPLAINTS

I'm echoing some sentiments already expressed here but I want to clarify that a lot of these I consider core warrior problems:

1. They need to keep inventing ways to eat up your utility slots because banners exist so I expect the new espec to have compulsory utility skills that do nothing other than make the "role" the new espec serves, *function*. They first did this with Peak Performance for Spellbreaker then again with Zerk extension for Berserker. 
  2. Weak weapons skills with low CDs because that's just part of Core Warrior's design philosophy (lol fast hands), which ties into:
  3. Strong burst skill you want to spam all the time locking us into one of the Adrenaline granting traitlines, of which there's only Axes in Disc and Furious in Arms, so expect to be playing axes again and ignoring the profession weapon (see: Spellbreaker) 
  4. An actual Espec specific fear - the theme is going to be boring and simple again for the third time in a row so it'll be undertuned from lack of creativity untill they buff the numbers on it like crazy to make it good, then it'll get nerfed because of pvp/wvw complaints. 
Edited by Jzaku.9765
  • Like 2

On 5/30/2021 at 9:39 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Nah we're getting firebrand 2.0

Considering that firebrand itself is already like 2 elite specs combined in strength, a firebrand 2.0 would be nerfed to oblivion 2 hours after release as long as it isn't an elite spec for guardian.

i dont need new weapon, i need an elite spec that changes skills for existing weapon skill.

so existing weapon skill can actually be played for once.

like changes all sword/sword/hammer skills to make it playable.

and only linked to this elite spec so its gonna be easier to baalnce

Edited by felix.2386

On 5/29/2021 at 11:24 AM, nthmetal.9652 said:

Teapot made a nice video, detailing, what makes a good and a bad design approach for a spec. His examples in the beginning focus on weaver (doing only damage, and basically having to make every choice towards that goal), vs scourge or firebrand (which do damage AND a lot of additional stuff). 

i've been saying this since 2013, warrior need more mechanics, i cant believe people actually need a video and 9 years to get it.

like back in 2013,  why would i warrior when i can play guardian and place reflect and carry an entire pug team from being wiped and still does good damage.

same goes for pvp, mechanics wins over numbers since 2013. that buffing number will just end up with quick shave over and over since 2013. and i tried to get warrior to have better mechanic since 2013

• Like 1