The new achievements for the Legendary amulet [Meme]

My guess is something like:

LWS2: 8 total episodes, 2 episodes per week for 4 meta achievements.

LWS3: 6 total episodes, 1 episode per week for 6 meta achievements.

LWS4: 6 total episodes, 1 episode per week for 6 meta achievements.

IBS: 7 total episodes, 1 episode per week for 7 meta achievements.

24th meta achievement: A summary of seasons or something different (maybe crafting, collections, lead up to EoD, etc.).

Edited by BlueJin.4127

For some reason I thought they were going to add new and interesting and/or challenging achievements for this, giving us some form of content. Logged in today to see I was horribly wrong. These new achievements are the equivalent of "play our old content again" and that is about it. It is literally just a checkbox to show that you actually went back and played the content again. 0 effort was put into this. Just like how they butchered the Champions episode into small fragments, they are desperately trying to distract players from their complete lack of content in order to buy as much time as possible to throw an expansion together in hopes of saving this game. I honestly hope this expansion is their greatest project ever, because anything short of that will be a massive disappointment to anyone that isn't some super loyal hardcore fan of the franchise at this point. 

• Confused 1

Anet have probably already thought of this. I'm almost positive that the amulet wont have the flashy effects at the beginning. It will probably function like Aurora, and the to get the effect you will need to grind the actual story meta achievements. Just like Slumbering Transcendence/Conflux need to be upgraded to show the effect.

Edited by Hellbore.1473
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

Nope

Anet is jingling the keys to distract us from a content draught.

Giving us a free legendary amulet for doing old content is the plan.

Exactly this. The expansion feels like a last ditch effort to save the game after they realized their proposed business model with IBS was a complete failure. Now it is all hands on deck to push out something that passes for an expansion while leaving a skeleton crew behind to distract players and buy as much time as possible.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

For this week's episodes.  This week by no means indicates that future weeks couldn't have them as the poster was stating.  I said this much to them and they just dismissed it as conjecture.

It was dismissed as conjecture because it was conjecture.  At least the other poster has a fact to base his opinion on,.  You did not.

Edited by DarcShriek.5829

6 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

It was dismissed as conjecture because it was conjecture.  At least the other poster has a fact to base his opinion on,.  You did not.

The world is going to end tomorrow because strawberries are red.  I stated a fact that strawberries are red so that must mean that the world is ending?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Makes sense.

If you just finished working on one it's a bit of a blow this coming along now, specially with the armoury coming that negates the point in having multiple legendary amulets.. unless they can't be added to it.

But a choice would be cool regardless.

I'll probably end up getting this thing casually when I next run a new character through season 2, don't really feel like just replaying it with my main for new achievements.

If not for the new armoury though I would probably just dump it on a character and forget about it.
Legendary stuff doesn't have much appeal to me since I don't care much for build swapping regularly, specially now that every character I have can have 2-3 builds on hand at any given time which is more than I need in PvE anyway.

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

What do strawberries have to do with whether or not jumping puzzles are included in the meta?

They don't.  I'm showing a flaw in your logic and the other poster's.

You're assuming that because someone stated a fact that the current week doesn't include any achievement for an episode then that means all future weeks will not.  While they stated a fact, it really has no correlation nor proves that future spotlight weeks will not have any of the jumping puzzles as a part of their achievements.  We simply will not know until the spotlight weeks for the episodes that have jumping puzzles.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

i did it yesterday. no big deal. No the achievments stands at 25%. Thats it? More next week?

It's 25% for the current tier as each tier appears to represent one of the four living story seasons.  There will be the next two episodes next week which you can track via the countdown timer on the top right of the screen in the game.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396

The Seasons of the Dragon meta-of-metas in the Side Events tab has four tiers, a total of 24 metas (weeks) to complete and get the amulet. I presume that's 4 weeks for S2, 6 weeks each for S3 and S4, and then somehow 8 weeks of IBS, but it's early days so we'll see how it works.

Edited by Tortoiseshell Sweep.3265

I say no to this simply because this is the only means to acquire this specific legendary trinket which may or may not have some special effect.  If one were to instead choose another legendary trinket, then there's the possibility that they'd have two of the exact same one if they decided to do the achievements for them.  I'm also against either of the rings being available as a selection from doing the open world.  If things remain as they are, yes you'll have two legendary amulets but they'd have separate special effects.  If the PvE one doesn't then simply don't do it if you were going to complete the sPvP one anyway.

There are so many legendary items out there and you chose to give away an amulet. The pvp amulet itself is not an easy achievement so making a free one for all players does not go to favor with those that crafted the pvp version. My suggestion  is why not just give a legendary sigil with will most prob not upset most players? Why choose something like amulet? Also for past legendary items, you get the precursor for completing the achievements compared to the current achievement where you get it straight

Edited by abrex.5081
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 2