Confirming Sea Dragon's design?

Teratus.2859

Anyone else noticed that the 3 headed Sea Dragon concept art has been modified and added to our Forum profiles in anticipation for End of Dragons?
When did this happen? pretty sure that was blank the last time I checked a profile lol

Some of us have long speculated that the Deep Sea Elder Dragon may have a Hydra design based off that concept artwork.
But adding it to our forum profiles like that, could this be a hint or confirmation that the in game Dragon will indeed have multiple heads?

It's got me curious, what do you guys think?

Edited by Teratus.2859

22 hours ago, zityz.6089 said:

I don't know if the DSD will be a hydra-like type, as Zhaitan also had multiple heads and each dragon as looked vastly different from each other. 

Zhaitan is less of a "multi-headed dragon" and more of a "dragon made out of dragons" though. There are dragon heads on his skin, and all that.

I think the DSD being a hydra styled dragon would be significantly different from Zhaitan.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I hope not, this design is generic and boring. I personally want the deep sea dragon to look very untraditional for a dragon.

Same - It would be awesome imo if the DsD was some kind of tentacled eldrich horror style monster that lurks deep on the ocean floor.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rhywolver.8250 said:

What if the DSD is not even solid most of the time, but fluid and often invisible.

Imagine the waters slowly becoming darker, an eldritch horror that materializes and disappears as he likes.

Wouldn't be much different from many of the other EDs abilities.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

DSD will be a turtle dragon. Great big snapping turtle, with a looooonnnngggggg neck that makes you think it's a sea serpent, but then you go to fight it, and think it's coming out of some underwater mountain. Nope. That's its shell. And the tip of the shell is Shing Jea Island.

This sounds really good, tbh.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

DSD will be a turtle dragon. Great big snapping turtle, with a looooonnnngggggg neck that makes you think it's a sea serpent, but then you go to fight it, and think it's coming out of some underwater mountain. Nope. That's its shell. And the tip of the shell is Shing Jea Island.

So Kralkatorrik without wings? 😛

Won't be under Shing Jea Island though. It woke up in the deepest depths of the Unending Ocean, where the krait lived.

And due to engine limitations, I seriously doubt we'll get an Elder Dragon bigger than Kralkatorrik.

On 5/31/2021 at 7:04 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

I hope not, this design is generic and boring. I personally want the deep sea dragon to look very untraditional for a dragon.

5 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Anet gonna make Ghidora ripoff?

You can have a three-headed draconian beast without the body being primarily traditional european styled dragon body.

19 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Won't be under Shing Jea Island though. It woke up in the deepest depths of the Unending Ocean, where the krait lived.

And due to engine limitations, I seriously doubt we'll get an Elder Dragon bigger than Kralkatorrik.

You can have a three-headed draconian beast without the body being primarily traditional european styled dragon body.

You can stop ruining my fine at annnyyy point 😜

Would be cool though wouldn't it.

2 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Pretty much what I thought when I heard this.

14 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Hehe i've always liked the idea of a Hydra with a turtle shell design for the DSD, or something more crab Dragon like.

Turtle Dragons were a thing in Gw Factions though so I could definitely see the DSD having some elements of Turtle in it's design.

• Like 1

I doubt they'd reveal it like that and I doubt its any sort of final design of the DSD, remember that they used Zhaitan's old concept art for cinematics even after they already settled on his new look, ANet generally has a track record of being inconsistent when it comes to Elder Dragon concept art, their old look and their new look, ontop of that they also like to stick concept arts everywhere as pretty stuff to look at even if the final product is completely different

I wouldn't look too deeply into this forum profile decoration banner, I think its just there to set the mood and not much else and even if it is a foe we'll encounter, could just be a champion and so on

• Like 2

On 6/2/2021 at 6:16 AM, morsdood.1987 said:

I doubt they'd reveal it like that and I doubt its any sort of final design of the DSD, remember that they used Zhaitan's old concept art for cinematics even after they already settled on his new look, ANet generally has a track record of being inconsistent when it comes to Elder Dragon concept art, their old look and their new look, ontop of that they also like to stick concept arts everywhere as pretty stuff to look at even if the final product is completely different

I wouldn't look too deeply into this forum profile decoration banner, I think its just there to set the mood and not much else and even if it is a foe we'll encounter, could just be a champion and so on

Yeah more than likely correct on that 🙂
 I just thought it was interesting, there's plenty of new concept art for End of Dragons to choose from but they went with that one specifically which has been the source of quite a few Sea Dragon discussions in the past.
Kinda feels like a hint because of that but it probably isn't.. but maybe it is 😮 lol

Fun topic for discussion either way, I always enjoy hearing peoples theories etc about the Sea Dragon and what they think it will looks like.
I just hope this Dragon is done exceptionally well, I can't handle another disappointing Dragon lol 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 11:16 PM, morsdood.1987 said:

In Zhaitan's case, the final model came pretty late in development. They barely had time to swap out the model with the original after animating it, and couldn't even create a proper finale with half of Orr bugging out. They didn't have time to swap out all the other concept art which did match the original model for Zhaitan.

If ANet had waited an extra three months (or didn't divert some devs to an apparent side project three months before releasing GW2 based on some LinkedIns), then we might've seen a consistency in it all.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

In Zhaitan's case, the final model came pretty late in development. They barely had time to swap out the model with the original after animating it, and couldn't even create a proper finale with half of Orr bugging out. They didn't have time to swap out all the other concept art which did match the original model for Zhaitan.

If ANet had waited an extra three months (or didn't divert some devs to an apparent side project three months before releasing GW2 based on some LinkedIns), then we might've seen a consistency in it all.

Are there any leaks of the original model for Zhaitan? I'd like to see those if possible.

Personally I was never a big fan of the in game Zhaitan model, I always preferred the more traditional looking Dragon design that he had in some of the concept art and in game cutscenes.. or better yet the utter abomination design featured in concept art like this.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/8/80/"The_Dragon_Head"_concept_art.jpg 

Either would have been better than noodle mouth Zhaitan lol

20 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:

Are there any leaks of the original model for Zhaitan? I'd like to see those if possible.

More than a leak, it was featured in the reveal trailer. Sort of. We players have only seen the corpse version of this model, where it was placed in Arah, but:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zhaitan's_Rest

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Zhaitan's_Rest_beta.jpg

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:The_Ruined_City_of_Arah_beta_map.jpg

2 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

More than a leak, it was featured in the reveal trailer. Sort of. We players have only seen the corpse version of this model, where it was placed in Arah, but:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zhaitan's_Rest

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Zhaitan's_Rest_beta.jpg

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:The_Ruined_City_of_Arah_beta_map.jpg

Ahh ok i've seen those before, was hoping for a scrapped in game model that I may have missed lol