How To Build A Proper Sic Em Soulbeast - Video

Just now, TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

So what happened? Twitch is filtered at work, so I can't watch.

The point was to kill the druid, I am assuming by this he was not killed? This is why I asked about time limit on fights before it's a draw so builds can be changed,  this is why I asked and I believe someone stated 7mins max for a fight? Did it go past 7mins? Did they duel more than once? Were there build swaps for the SLB or did he remain on one build if they dueled more than once? What build did the SLB use? I am assuming he went full melee vs the druid?

He ran away in circles. I have downloaded the VOD will be posting it, because I'm sure he'll delete it.

He rage quit after 6min of running away.

He doesnt want to duel anymore, to save face. He got rekt on his stream.

I ran my main build.

• Like 1

And don't you dare try to twist things up over what happened here. The exact thing that I said would happen, is exactly what happened. I even called it out for you with an elaborate post, which you chose to ignore an proceed to transfer to NA for your chance to grab 1000g. I very literally called this out before it even happened.

On 6/8/2021 at 5:07 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Exactly. 

I actually thank you'd your post because you are the only person who seems to be understanding that winning this 1000g is not going to happen.

Anyone who actually knows Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast up and down, and who was able to pay attention to the details of the wager would know a few things:

1. Axe/Axe Staff Druids, regardless of the setup, counters projectile based builds very hard.
  2. Trying to wield melee side damage only against the Axe/Axe Staff & festival of immobilization will not render enough damage output to even remotely get close to downing a tanky Druid being wielded by a veteran player.
  3. Actual experienced & knowledgeable Ranger mains know that sustainy tanky Ranger/Druid/Soulbeasts counter more DPS oriented Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast 100% of the time. The only exception is if the DPSer can heavily outplay the Tankard.
  4. Due to the aspects listed in 3) what we are looking here is an outcome where the more DPS they bring, the easier it will be for me to out-sustain them and eventually kill them. The tankier they tweak for to try and survive, they begin to lose any damage output that would be realistic to actually kill a Druid setup like this being wielded by a veteran.
  5. Ultimately this will result in DPS builds losing to my Druid and tankier setups being able to survive my Druid setup but not actually being able to kill my Druid setup. Since the wager was "I will give you 1000g if you can kill my Druid with a Ranger setup", it is a loaded challenge and impossible to win. Who was really supposed to benefit this challenge, was the community having something hype to watch for the funzies.

If they do still insist on showing up for this challenge though, I will indeed stream it and post it in this thread.

My original wager was that "I will give someone 1000g if they can kill my Druid with a Soulbeast". I don't care what build or food they use. They just need to be able to kill the Druid if they want the 1000g. No need to complicate the challenge.

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2021 at 11:07 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

My original wager was that "I will give someone 1000g if they can kill my Druid with a Soulbeast". I don't care what build or food they use. They just need to be able to kill the Druid if they want the 1000g. No need to complicate the challenge.

So, you bent your own "rules" with the food part. Since you whined about it pre fight for 5 min. Suddenly using ascended food was a big issue for you eh? haha

All you did was run away. Then said "he doesn't take any damage"... well duh, you didn't even fight, you just ran away trying to stay alive. Pathetic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Ultimately this will result in DPS builds losing to my Druid and tankier setups being able to survive my Druid setup but not actually being able to kill my Druid setup. Since the wager was "I will give you 1000g if you can kill my Druid with a Ranger setup", it is a loaded challenge and impossible to win.

Not impossible to win if you don't rage quit mid fight. Not impossible to win IF YOU ACTUALLY PARTICIPATE IN FIGHTING AND NOT JUST RUN AWAY. nab.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

No dude. WE TOLD YOU WHAT WILL HAPPEN. That you will run like a lil bi.ch and you did.

Full of excuses, no skill, getting rekt, then not paying up.

The dude even donated 2k gems for you. And you ragequit. Pathetic.

Chill dude, Trevor didn't know you actually spend most of your time hunting gank squads by yourself in WvW  so a power druid would be nothing to you. 

That video was anticlymatic thou  so much of nothing. I would say a rematch is on order because this one is a tie as the druid wasn't defeated. 

I would say @Trevor Boyer.6524 to try with the condi trapper build for wvw. That could be fun instead. 

So you get some use fo the transfer, i mean otherwise you will be bored out of your mind in wvw. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
added some forgotten smol detail

10 minutes ago, TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

So what happened? Twitch is filtered at work, so I can't watch.

The point was to kill the druid, I am assuming by this he was not killed? This is why I asked about time limit on fights before it's a draw so builds can be changed,  this is why I asked and I believe someone stated 7mins max for a fight? Did it go past 7mins? Did they duel more than once? Were there build swaps for the SLB or did he remain on one build if they dueled more than once? What build did the SLB use? I am assuming he went full melee vs the druid?

He actually used a very different build than longbow.

We didn't need to do any more rounds than the first long round that clearly displays that a Soulbeast is not going to kill this build. If I stay to fight him, he has a chance to kill me, but if I kite there is no way he'll be able to land the damage required to kill the Druid. When you see the video, you'll see what I mean.

Despite what this guy is gonna post in this thread, I stated several times in this thread, very clearly: "You will get the 1000g if you can actually kill the Druid", which he could not do.

I even posted an elaborate explanation as to why, right here: 

Quote myself:

I actually thank you'd your post because you are the only person who seems to be understanding that winning this 1000g is not going to happen.

Anyone who actually knows Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast up and down, and who was able to pay attention to the details of the wager would know a few things:

1. Axe/Axe Staff Druids, regardless of the setup, counters projectile based builds very hard.
  2. Trying to wield melee side damage only against the Axe/Axe Staff & festival of immobilization will not render enough damage output to even remotely get close to downing a tanky Druid being wielded by a veteran player.
  3. Actual experienced & knowledgeable Ranger mains know that sustainy tanky Ranger/Druid/Soulbeasts counter more DPS oriented Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast 100% of the time. The only exception is if the DPSer can heavily outplay the Tankard.
  4. Due to the aspects listed in 3) what we are looking here is an outcome where the more DPS they bring, the easier it will be for me to out-sustain them and eventually kill them. The tankier they tweak for to try and survive, they begin to lose any damage output that would be realistic to actually kill a Druid setup like this being wielded by a veteran.
  5. Ultimately this will result in DPS builds losing to my Druid and tankier setups being able to survive my Druid setup but not actually being able to kill my Druid setup. Since the wager was "I will give you 1000g if you can kill my Druid with a Ranger setup", it is a loaded challenge and impossible to win. Who was really supposed to benefit this challenge, was the community having something hype to watch for the funzies.

If they do still insist on showing up for this challenge though, I will indeed stream it and post it in this thread.

^ He chose to ignore this clear warning & explanation that winning the 1000g was not going to happen because the wager was on the terms of "If you can kill the Druid" and in his own zeal, he chose to begin paying to transfer around to different servers.

I honestly don't feel bad about it. I warned him what was going to happen as did several other people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

^ He chose to ignore this clear warning & explanation that winning the 1000g was not going to happen because the wager was on the terms of "If you can kill the Druid" and in his own zeal, he chose to begin paying to transfer around to different servers.

I honestly don't feel bad about it. I warned him what was going to happen as did several other people.

You did quit the fight thou and you said he could try as many times with as many builds as he wanted.  Thus you did not comply with your own words. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Chill dude, Trevor didn't know you actually spend most of your time hunting gank squads in WvW  so a power druid would be nothing to you. 

That video was anticlymatic thou  so much of nothing. I would say a rematch is on order because this one is a tie as the druid wasn't defeated. 

I would say @Trevor Boyer.6524 to try with the condi trapper build for wvw. That could be fun instead. 

So you get some use fo the transfer, i mean otherwise you will be bored out of your mind in wvw. 

Nah, if we did a rematch it would be boring to go super tank tank tank vs tank tank super tanky tank, which I agree was anti-climactic and very boring. The stream was on for 20 minutes and I ended it because it was just boring. I'm not going to run from him for 30 minutes to an hour to prove some kind of a point that is visible within the first 10 minutes.

If we did a rematch I'd use Soulbeast, probably my usual build, the same I use in pvp and wvw as well. I would urge him to use a more DPS oriented build as well. If he did DPS vs DPS we could do something like 10 rounds of actual climactic footage. But tank vs tank duels are just boring man. It's bad streaming honestly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

well yeah mc wolfy uses a tanky build and the overperfoming Axe and the broken AAO from maul with Winters Bite. 

Cases like this where somebody can build pretty tanky still do a good ranged damage with Axe is why i think Axe mainhand is overperforming and needs some touches. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
grammar corrections.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, anduriell.6280 said:

You did quit the fight thou and you said he could try as many times with as many builds as he wanted.  Thus you did not comply with your own words. 

Nah, that's because he was being nasty.

If you had seen the chat you'd have seen why I had better things to do with my day.

And I don't feel bad about it either. The wager was: "I will give YOU 1000g if you can kill the Druid", it wasn't even a normal wager where I would get 1000g if he was wrong. So with such a gracious wager where he has nothing to lose by challenging me, he had better act right & respectful when he shows up, which he did not.

Again, I have better things to do with my day than deal with nastiness & rage. If he wanted more rounds he should have been more respectful towards the gracious wager.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, anduriell.6280 said:

well yeah mc wolfy uses a tanky build and the overperfoming Axe and the broken AAO from maul with Winters Bite. 

Cases like this where somebody can build pretty tanky still do a good ranged damage with Axe is why i think Axe mainhand is overperforming and needs some touches. 

This for sure^ it would be best to nerf the non gs/lb weapons to further intise ranger players off of the non gs/lb builds and onto the gs/lb builds of which are rarely seen lol.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Nah, that's because he was being nasty.

If you had seen the chat you'd have seen why I had better things to do with my day.

And I don't feel bad about it either. The wager was: "I will give YOU 1000g if you can kill the Druid", it wasn't even a normal wager where I would get 1000g if he was wrong. So with such a gracious wager where he has nothing to lose by challenging me, he had better act right & respectful when he shows up, which he did not.

Again, I have better things to do with my day than deal with nastiness & rage. If he wanted more rounds he should have been more respectful towards the gracious wager.

not really sure given the circumstances surrounding the duel why toxicity would have been warranted.

On 6/4/2021 at 9:57 AM, hobotnicax.7918 said:

Celestial druid can only run from a true brawler soulbeast, soulbeast is superior in every way.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:34 AM, hobotnicax.7918 said:

So, I or anyone else on here, transfers to NA, which costs gems, he claims he'll pay 1k g if he is beat, which means he can just kite heal all day long til we get bored. I'm down 2x gems for transfers and wasted my time with a random dude. Yeah, I think I'll pass. But he is welcome to come to EU and put his claims to the test.

On 6/5/2021 at 11:28 PM, hobotnicax.7918 said:

I'm on EU. But I can already tell you what would happen; you or any other druid on any other build, would run/kite until I'd get bored of chasing as you'd do kitten all dmg and you'd run and heal when bursted. Can't remember the last time I lost to a druid 1v1, should be a couple of years now.

Druid is inferior to soulbeast in every way possible besides pure healing.

If you're willing to transfer to EU to fight me, then hit me up.

Your build got beat, no not just beat, it got destroyed, you ragequit mid fight because you got bested and you know it. So multiple times until I'm done? Kid, you were done after 5min :DDDDD

I told you soulbeast is superior in every way possible vs your nab druid build. And here we are, you're backpaddling to what "hur dur only if you actually beat me"... which I did and anyone can see that. You only survived because you ran away the whole time.

All was predicted and I still wanted to school you and put you in your place.

Celestial druid... ex fing deeeeeee

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

not really sure given the circumstances surrounding the duel why toxicity would have been warranted.

Exactly, and that's why in the stream you hear me say "Ok I have better things to do with my day".

I'll give him this though: He was right about how all I could do was kite him. His build was stronger 1v1 for sure during direct engagement. But the terms of the gracious wager was stated several times over, he had to actually kill the Druid to get the 1000g. I warned him it was an impossible task as did several other people.

I still stand on my statement that Druid is better 1vX though, in terms of sheer survival rate. It may not be able to deal the damage of the Soulbeast, but it ultimately has more disengage factor and a lot more burst cleanse & heal for actually surviving really bad situations.

He is salty right now and he has only himself to blame. He jumped the gun in his own zeal and wasted probably 1000g or more on transferring rather than making 1000g. Not my fault.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Exactly, and that's why in the stream you hear me say "Ok I have better things to do with my day".

I'll give him this though: He was right about how all I could do was kite him. His build was stronger 1v1 for sure during direct engagement. But the terms of the gracious wager was stated several times over, he had to actually kill the Druid to get the 1000g. I warned him it was an impossible task as did several other people.

I still stand on my statement that Druid is better 1vX though, in terms of sheer survival rate. It may not be able to deal the damage of the Soulbeast, but it ultimately has more disengage factor and a lot more burst cleanse & heal for actually surviving really bad situations.

It isn't tho (better for 1vX) and it doesn't survive as long. You have no stab. You're easy pickings 1vX.

But then again, you play vs NA bots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Until Celestial Shadow is nerfed that is. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Don't forget the cherry on that cheese cake, the pulls, especially the pet one, that barely have animation. Don't expect any changes with risk vs reward balance, won't happen lol.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Don't forget the cherry on that cheese cake, the pulls, especially the pet one, that barely have animation. Don't expect any changes with risk vs reward balance, won't happen lol.

Well he got pulled a couple of times by the Axe#4, you may have confused the effect with Prelude_Lash

However from my point of view the skill would benefit from a bigger CD and to add some very short strike immunity in there instead nerfing the skill. It is supposed to be somehow impactful, any nerf to the current design would make it irrelevant. 

Having the archetype skills every 20-30s which are supposed to be build defining makes them too spammy and less relevant. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
smol correction

7 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Well you got pulled a couple of times by the Axe#4, you may have confused the effect with Prelude_Lash

However from my point of view the skill would benefit from a bigger CD and to add some very short strike immunity in there instead nerfing the skill. It is supposed to be somehow impactful, any nerf to the current design would make it irrelevant. 

Having the archetype skills every 20-30s which are supposed to be build defining makes them too spammy and less relevant. 

Path of Scars do have somehow visible animation pull while traveling on the ground, but that pet pull is terrible, just some dot flying + immobilize. A-net dumbing down this with e-speces really turns away from this game nicely. 

12 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

But now he has to return to EU or stay in NA for ever and ever! 

Ugh, hope he goes back ASAP. It's hard to understand how a single human being carries that amount of stupid.

@hobotnicax.7918, the bet was that you couldn't kill the druid, and you couldn't. Not sure how you 'rekt' him. By letting him full heal every single time?

• Like 1

Just now, anduriell.6280 said:

But now he has to return to EU or stay in NA for ever and ever! 

I still have 1k gems from the nice guy who donated to finance this clown fiesta. So I'm fine. I'll farm NA bots for the week, only have 140-160 ping.

Maybe I'll make a stupid thread here on the forum saying xyz build is kitten best and someone will call me out and then transfer to fight me and then I'll make excuses about food and rage quit after 5 min of running away and then come back on the forums trying to save face saying "oh but you didn't actually win cause I didn't go down", not admitting I just got destroyed. Maybe. xD

See that's the difference between people like me, who polished our builds through time, perfecting it to my playstyle, and people like him, who finds a druid build adds celestial stats to it and thinks he's the best ever when he kills a few NA bots.

We all knew what would happen. We all knew he's just gonna run away. Because not going down is a victory to him. He tried to fight for the first 10-15s of the fight, then quickly realized after being down to 50% inside of 10s that this is no joke.

Look at his confidence a few seconds before the fight:

https://i.ibb.co/1nrPFDG/image-2021-06-10-172125.png

He thought he was gonna chase me 😄

Dude finally met someone who doesn't play like a bot and he rq in 5min time, claiming it's boring/pointless cause he can't die.

Slow clap dude. You're the best. 😄😄 😄 😄 

You should pay that guy 2k gems back for sponsoring this. I bet he feels like he didn't get his moneys worth.

BUT HEY listen to this, I'll say what you said to us...

YOU CAN TRY AND FIGHT VS ME, I'LL EVEN LET YOU TRY OUT MULTIPLE BUILDS.

Maybe you could actually put up a fight next time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

Ugh, hope he goes back ASAP. It's hard to understand how a single human being carries that amount of stupid.

@hobotnicax.7918, the bet was that you couldn't kill the druid, and you couldn't. Not sure how you 'rekt' him. By letting him full heal every single time?

He didn't even fight back, he just ran in circles. Skills!

You're welcome to try me btw, since I'm still on NA and you seem to have a big mouth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2