How To Build A Proper Sic Em Soulbeast - Video

@Trevor Boyer.6524 A ranger can get 100% uptime on protection via traits and utilities, I am well aware. There is also Resistance Runes, which I bet he had. Very strong rune set on any spec that can alter protection like the Soulbeast can.

The amount of damage reduction a Soulbeast can get is really strong all things considered.

42 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

The more he would stat differently to pick up CC & DPS, he would end up becoming vulnerable and the Druid would have chances to kill him

You have 0% chance of killing me, ever, on that build or any other. All you'll ever do vs players like me, is run away, cause you're bad.

Also, you listing stuff now about how soulbeast is busted just proves my/our point that soulbeast is simply superior to you weak as.s cele druid in every way possible.

Stop trying to save face after getting humiliated like that after mouthing off on here like you did.

Also funny you talk about damage mitigation, when you do absolutely no dmg. Sad.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Well see that's where it's interesting. The more he would stat differently to pick up CC & DPS, he would end up becoming vulnerable and the Druid would have chances to kill him. I'm not saying it can't be done, but the build he brought in that was able to survive against me was seriously the most anti-damage build I've ever seen. I mostly spvp right, so I hadn't considered quite exactly what was possible with Soulbeast right now due to pve gear options, in terms of being able to stack massive amounts of sheer damage mitigation.

[...]

Honestly, after the retal into reso patch, Arenanet needs to review the damage mitigation qualities of Soulbeast in wvw. The Soulbeast traits & utilities have long been nerfed in pvp, but they are still original pve level strength in wvw. This stacked with pve gear/food options is insanely stacked damage mitigation.

Pretty hilarious when considering the title and original purpose of this thread ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well see that's where it's interesting. The more he would stat differently to pick up CC & DPS, he would end up becoming vulnerable and the Druid would have chances to kill him. I'm not saying it can't be done, but the build he brought in that was able to survive against me was seriously the most anti-damage build I've ever seen. I mostly spvp right, so I hadn't considered quite exactly what was possible with Soulbeast right now due to pve gear options, in terms of being able to stack massive amounts of sheer damage mitigation.

Let me explain a few things that was going on here that equated to a situation where as a Cele Build with lower power damage to begin with, who is relying on 50% of my damage being condi, I was never going to damage this Soulbeast or be able to engage it in combat in general:

1. He was using a food with -10% damage. He originally loaded in with asc food with -20% condi duration.
  2. He has this trait as a Soulbeast Second Skin - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) wich in wvw still reduces condition damage 33% while protection is active. his build had a very high uptime of protection and I have no boon removal on the Druid.
  3. Furthermore he is using this Dolyak Stance - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) which is another -33% to damage and condition damage, and is only a 30s CD in wvw, lasts 6s or 9s depending on if he has stance trait or not. So just right now we're lookin at having high prot uptime with -33% power damage, which is creating Second Skin -33% vs condi, and now we have Dolyak Stance stacking another -33% to power and another -33% to condi.
  4. THEN the recent changes to retaliation makes it so his Axe 5 Whirling Defense - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) has resolution now Resolution - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) another -33% to condition damage.
  5. So we're looking at Power Mitagation -10%, -33%, -33%. Then Condi Mitigation -33%, -33%, -33%
  6. And all of that ^ isn't even to mention w/e level of toughness he brought to that fight, w/e rune effects he was using to further mitigate damage, and all of the actual condi cleanses he also chose to still bring to the fight alongside of triple -33% condi damage mods.

Honestly, after the retal into reso patch, Arenanet needs to review the damage mitigation qualities of Soulbeast in wvw. The Soulbeast traits & utilities have long been nerfed in pvp, but they are still original pve level strength in wvw. This stacked with pve gear/food options is insanely stacked damage mitigation.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 I already cleared this up earlier about why I left. Go scroll back through and read the post. I'm not typing it again.

@hobotnicax.7918 You keep responding to @TrollingDemigod.3041 as if he were me. Now you see this? You don't pay attention to details man. You are doing that because he has the same avatar as I do, but you are completely neglecting to notice that the name next to that avatar is not my name lol. You've got to start paying attention to details there bud.

@Stand The Wall.6987 lol His build is much more insanely busted that the Cele Druid, at least it is in 1v1. He could seriously run Berserker/Scholar on that and still take virtually no damage. I hadn't considered before this duel that the skill splits in WvW for defensive traits & utilities had NOT been altered at all for Soulbeast, and it also slipped my mind how retal into reso patch has effected Axe 5. His build actually doesn't need condi cleanse. He could get away with having zero cleanse and still be extremely difficult to deal damage to even vs heavy condi builds. Fortunately the wager was about if he could kill the Druid, and not about which build was better. 

To all the people discussing Axe mainhand/offhand: The Axes truly are not overperforming. What's overperforming are food buffs & other pve gear options & pve skill splits. In pvp, axe mh/oh are fine.

That’s all well and good, but Hobo showed up and you quit. You should do the honorable thing and give Hobo the 1,000 gold. 

• Like 8

but the build he brought in that was able to survive against me

Come on. You didn't even try to fight him. You did zero dmg as people tried to tell you is the problem of cele druid.

Fortunately the wager was about if he could kill the Druid, and not about which build was better. 

I'm just going to quote your own words here.

On 6/8/2021 at 7:36 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

This is nothing like how the bet originated.

A person claimed that Soulbeast roamer was superior in every way to a Druid roamer, and that a Soulbeast could always beat a Druid roamer.

I think that "fight" was pretty good proof of that statement.

Edited by schloumou.3982
  • Like 3

Not bothering to read all this crap, but why such a big deal over food? It's really not that expensive so it should be considered standard that a lot of people are going to be using it.

It's like... 50s at most? Certainly a good expenditure for a 1000g duel.

Also Dolyak Stance and Second Skin are pretty common things picked; that's not really an "anti-damage" build.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Enough with the low post count alt account responses.

You aren't getting any gold for 2x reasons:

1. You couldn't kill the druid, as in downstate cleave stomp kill the druid, which was voiced several times as the stipulation before you showed up to the duel. You were given plenty of time to try.
  2. You were given a very gracious wager where if you killed the druid you'd get 1000g and if you were wrong or couldn't, you didn't even have to pay me anything at all. But rather than appreciate the gracious wager, you showed up with a toxic mouth and bad sportsmanship the whole way through. If you had not done that, I would have left the arena after seeing your current build could not kill the druid, and would have asked if you wanted to swap the build to try something else. But instead I chose to leave the arena and let you revel in your own zeal because I have better things to do than entertain bad sportsmanship with coin from my own pocket.

I upheld my end of the bargain, which was a gracious one. If you imagined that I was going to allow you to be toxic towards me, while I endlessly allowed you to attempt to find builds to retry the challenge over and over again, in a challenge where you can never lose but only potentially win and take 1000g from me, you were sadly mistaken my friend. Lessons learned.

This is my final post in this thread. I have nothing more to say here. Keep bumping/arguing whatever it is you want to do here, but you aren't getting the 1000g because you didn't win the challenge.

@Shroud.2307 You got it bud, that was the point all along.

And furthermore, people need to understand that this was no normal "If I win I get 1000g or if he wins he gets 1000g" trash talk wager. I invited the entire community to an event challenge on my stream where if anyone could kill the druid, I would give them 1000g. I think it goes without saying that during such a giveaway challenge, I reserve the right to eliminate participants who show up and display bad sportsmanship & disrespect. He is lucky I gave him the time that I did after how he was acting.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

That's something he came up after agreeing to showing up to the wager. And upon that, there is no other way to ending a duel with two builds that can't die other than leaving the arena oO

I dunno what you want me to do man. I'm not going to kite a guy for 2 hours to prove a point that is made clear within the first 10 minutes.

The rule and circumstance he agreed to was "he gets 1000g if he can kill the druid" kill as in downstate it, cleave or stomp it, which he couldn't do and the video clearly shows that wasn't going to happen.

But at any rate, enough with the low post count alt account responses. It doesn't fool anyone. You aren't getting the gold, you can move on now.

Actually... “until you’re done”. 

I will quite seriously give you 1000g if you can come on my stream and beat my Celestial Druid setup with any Core Ranger or Soulbeast setup. I'll even let you swap your build multiple times and keep trying as often as you wish until you're done.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

the suprised pikafaces are intensifying...

most braindead burst specs that never was adapted in Wvw compared to spvp can force druid unless hardbunker to run? who'd have guessed. u see these clownfights every 10 minutes... idk how u both even could not smell the outcome from miles ago as players of the specs :9

there's also soulbeasts alike that just run if they cannot get a cheap fast kill... the whole class is like this, not only one specs. GS-leap, stealth superspeed -> the ranger runs

that's the thing with Wvw. it needs a ton of space, so big groups can move. still this makes mobile classes easily abusing the terrain, without much risk, bc the smallscale builds are usually extremly sustain heavy and selfish, making them easy to play.

what the arenanet devs could learn of this... nerf rangers finally to the ground. everything else gets hits, but these meme specs get spared? that's pretty unbalanced, isn't it?

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I upheld my end of the bargain, which was a gracious one.

You didn't actually. But then again, you're deluded.

invited the entire community to an event challenge on my stream

Event? You didn't even want up so set up a proper fight with rules, and you rage quit after 5 min of getting destroyed.

You're ignoring the fight conditions that were discussed here before the fight to which you replied "yeah whatever"...

What the actual F... Do you even know what you actually wrote in this thread dude? 😄

This is my final post in this thread. I have nothing more to say here. Keep bumping/arguing whatever it is you want to do here, but you aren't getting the 1000g because you didn't win the challenge.

:doubt: Like I said, I don't even care about the gold, I just wanted to humiliate you, and I did. You even streamed it for me xD.

All in all you're a clown that got schooled.

But hey, here's a "community event" for you xD.... come fight me again, I'll give you 2500g if you down me on that cele build that you claimed is the best ever and has surprisingly high damage... 😄 😄 

Clown.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Dao Jones.6720 said:

Honestly, you both should send 500 gold to Tink for helping you crank out this ultimately anticlimactic event on his dime.

I mean, the dude repeatedly claimed that his cele druid is the shiz. It really isn't as we saw.

He didn't even fight, he just ran after realising that he done goofed mouthing off like this. What he's posting on here now are the last grasps of him trying to save face, and he knows it.

I did what I said I would, he didn't. All he did was get destroyed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 6/4/2021 at 9:57 AM, hobotnicax.7918 said:

Celestial druid can only run from a true brawler soulbeast, soulbeast is superior in every way.

On 6/5/2021 at 11:28 PM, hobotnicax.7918 said:

I'm on EU. But I can already tell you what would happen; you or any other druid on any other build, would run/kite until I'd get bored of chasing as you'd do kitten all dmg and you'd run and heal when bursted. Can't remember the last time I lost to a druid 1v1, should be a couple of years now.

Druid is inferior to soulbeast in every way possible besides pure healing.

If you're willing to transfer to EU to fight me, then hit me up.

On 6/6/2021 at 1:50 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It has plenty of damage, surprisingly. Watch the video:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1046707263

Start 19:00 to see full combat demo. Start 28:00 to see how it counters other Ranger builds.

On 6/6/2021 at 7:47 PM, hobotnicax.7918 said:

I watched it. Average gameplay vs poor opponents. Damage is low, no real burst, anyone with cleansing sigil and a couple of cleanses would laugh at you. You also run 0 stab, which vs a real brawler soulbeast means good night champ or Usain Bolt levels of running away.

I understand you may be hyped that you found a build that works for you and makes an easy time vs really bad players who already don't run pretty much anything to counter you. But objectively, your build is sub par to a brawler soulbeast.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:34 AM, hobotnicax.7918 said:

So, I or anyone else on here, transfers to NA, which costs gems, he claims he'll pay 1k g if he is beat, which means he can just kite heal all day long til we get bored. I'm down 2x gems for transfers and wasted my time with a random dude. Yeah, I think I'll pass. But he is welcome to come to EU and put his claims to the test.

On 6/8/2021 at 7:41 PM, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

The claim was that slb is better than druid, not that it can always kill druid. Nobody denies that cele druid will most likely be able to stall out the fight, especially when your intention is to "not lose".

16 hours ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

No dude. WE TOLD YOU WHAT WILL HAPPEN. That you will run like a lil bi.ch and you did.

Full of excuses, no skill, getting rekt, then not paying up.

The dude even donated 2k gems for you. And you ragequit. Pathetic.

/thread

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

the suprised pikafaces are intensifying...

most braindead burst specs that never was adapted in Wvw compared to spvp can force druid unless hardbunker to run? who'd have guessed. u see these clownfights every 10 minutes... idk how u both even could not smell the outcome from miles ago as players of the specs :9

there's also soulbeasts alike that just run if they cannot get a cheap fast kill... the whole class is like this, not only one specs. GS-leap, stealth superspeed -> the ranger runs

that's the thing with Wvw. it needs a ton of space, so big groups can move. still this makes mobile classes easily abusing the terrain, without much risk, bc the smallscale builds are usually extremly sustain heavy and selfish, making them easy to play.

what the arenanet devs could learn of this... nerf rangers finally to the ground. everything else gets hits, but these meme specs get spared? that's pretty unbalanced, isn't it?

Completely and utterly irrelevant to what we witnessed here. 

There is a strategic thing called "pay attention to your surroundings and abuse it to your advantage". Watch any prominent wvw dueler like Hollts, Vallun etc. 

• Like 1

Why do I get the feeling another GW2 'legend' is going to be born in this topic? 

This is why people hate Twitch though, anyone can stream on it, and when they stream they automatically get a certain arrogance from 'being a streamer'.  It means jack all though, because this whole thing was  a setup for bad content--but at least the streamer got some laughs out of it?

At least I think...from watching the footage it did seem Trevor was a bit confused at times:

"how do I enter?" "press F" "how"

"he has ascended food, oh no no no, ascended food is OP---hey you, USE REGULAR FOOOD"

"stay close to me so this is more even" *finds out no LB* "oh...huh"

So really, what is the point of all this except to ruin credibility? Because now every time I see the name I'm gonna remember this 'challenge' 😄.  As in "remember the time that guy made an ambiguous challenge for views and someone actually paid to make it happen and he ended it early to avoid losing?" 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Why do I get the feeling another GW2 'legend' is going to be born in this topic? 

This is why people hate Twitch though, anyone can stream on it, and when they stream they automatically get a certain arrogance from 'being a streamer'.  It means jack all though, because this whole thing was  a setup for bad content--but at least the streamer got some laughs out of it?

At least I think...from watching the footage it did seem Trevor was a bit confused at times:

"how do I enter?" "press F" "how"

"he has ascended food, oh no no no, ascended food is OP---hey you, USE REGULAR FOOOD"

"stay close to me so this is more even" *finds out no LB* "oh...huh"

So really, what is the point of all this except to ruin credibility? Because now every time I see the name I'm gonna remember this 'challenge' 😄.  As in "remember the time that guy made an ambiguous challenge for views and someone actually paid to make it happen and he ended it early to avoid losing?" 

"Streamer"... he has 77 followers (actually down from 79 he had yesterday). xD

He's a random clown who got schooled after mouthing on here about how his cele druid is the greatest.

But I am glad that he streamed it. Makes for excellent meme content in my collection, like the time I repeatedly stomped a Anet dev on their official WvW stream and made him complain about how busted soulbeast is... "we'll have to look into it...". That was almost a year ago, and they did nothing. If anyone wants a vid of that I can provide.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/4/2021 at 1:16 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I will quite seriously give you 1000g if you can come on my stream and beat my Celestial Druid setup with any Core Ranger or Soulbeast setup. I'll even let you swap your build multiple times and keep trying as often as you wish until you're done.

I'm in NA servers. Drop me a message if you're interested. Or you know what, we could do it in a Guild Hall. Get at me.

Most of these people don't understand because they haven't played both. I can confirm that druid is currently better than soulbeast overall. Only thing soulbeast has going for it right now after all the nerfs is damage and mobility. I don't think I've lost a single fight against a soulbeast and that's using my Harriers druid with monk runes (literally using my raid gear) with a WvW build (marksmanship/wilderness/druid) with focus on stunlocking/rooting.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

"Streamer"... he has 77 followers (actually down from 79 he had yesterday). xD

He's a random clown who got schooled after mouthing on here about how his cele druid is the greatest.

But I am glad that he streamed it. Makes for excellent meme content in my collection, like the time I repeatedly stomped a Anet dev on their official WvW stream and made him complain about how busted soulbeast is... "we'll have to look into it...". That was almost a year ago, and they did nothing. If anyone wants a vid of that I can provide.

Do you honestly realize what you're suggesting? For years me and others have stated how balance in this game is based on personal bias by the devs and you're telling me that you have video proof of that? OMFG please give us this video! You'd be hailed like a hero for years to come, with a video like that I'd like to see people come and try to refuse the hard truth. Give us that video and I promise to plaster it all over Reddit and behind, in recognition of the way they balanced ele for years since Jon Peters left.

Now if you tell me, that dev was playing either necro or guardian in that video, I will send you a THANK YOU card to whichever country you live in, I can't wait for your response!

22 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Do you honestly realize what you're suggesting? For years me and others have stated how balance in this game is based on personal bias by the devs and you're telling me that you have video proof of that? OMFG please give us this video! You'd be hailed like a hero for years to come, with a video like that I'd like to see people come and try to refuse the hard truth. Give us that video and I promise to plaster it all over Reddit and behind, in recognition of the way they balanced ele for years since Jon Peters left.

Now if you tell me, that dev was playing either necro or guardian in that video, I will send you a THANK YOU card to whichever country you live in, I can't wait for your response!

He played reaper yeah. I can't find the vid I had of him whining tho, kitten it 😞 I'll try to find it. I only found the vid of me stomping him. Maybe if you check their VODs if it's still there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

As sponsor of the wager, I’d say tinktinkpoof is the one to decide who wins or not and he/she has made their decision on the matter. Better luck next time guys.

Well, it's more of a non-decision, as far as I see it, the fight I had them agree to, never happened. And at this point, the ball is in Trevors court, he is the one who left and did not follow through with what was agreed. Yes, hobo was probably not going to kill him in that fight, but I fully see it being possible to kill him. Now Trevor is saying he left because of it being toxic? I mean come on bruh, I have tried to be fair to both, but "hes toxic" is a joke of an excuse, hell half or more of this thread hobo is being toxic, did he think that was going to stop once in game? Not to mention I see and get told stuff far worse on the daily in WvW, pull up your big boy pants and finish the fights, big time if you are so sure you will win, it would make hobo look worse, but right now Trevor is the one looking bad if that is why he left.

I didn't pay anything to Trevor, so I am not going to get mad about it, I sent gems to hobo and so far he has done what was agreed to, and if Trevor agrees to finish the fights, I believe hobo would do them.

My opinion is, Trevor made a mistake on letting hobo pick everything because he assumed a single specific build and he got stuck having to fight in a small arena where he could not kite enough. BUT he agreed to it! That is not my fault, or hobo, I asked more than once and he repeatedly stated he didn't care and for hobo to pick soooo.....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Well, it's more of a non-decision, as far as I see it, the fight I had them agree to, never happened. And at this point, the ball is in Trevors court, he is the one who left and did not follow through with what was agreed. Yes, hobo was probably not going to kill him in that fight, but I fully see it being possible to kill him. Now Trevor is saying he left because of it being toxic? I mean come on bruh, I have tried to be fair to both, but "hes toxic" is a joke of an excuse, hell half or more of this thread hobo is being toxic, did he think that was going to stop once in game? Not to mention I see and get told stuff far worse on the daily in WvW, pull up your big boy pants and finish the fights, big time if you are so sure you will win, it would make hobo look worse, but right now Trevor is the one looking bad if that is why he left.

I didn't pay anything to Trevor, so I am not going to get mad about it, I sent gems to hobo and so far he has done what was agreed to, and if Trevor agrees to finish the fights, I believe hobo would do them.

My opinion is, Trevor made a mistake on letting hobo pick everything because he assumed a single specific build and he got stuck having to fight in a small arena where he could not kite enough. BUT he agreed to it! That is not my fault, or hobo, I asked more than once and he repeatedly stated he didn't care and for hobo to pick soooo.....

I expected hobo would of been able to kill him as he had somewhat of an idea of what Trevor would be using prior to the fight, yet didn’t and wouldn’t of had the fight continued. Maybe round 2. Lol

• Like 1