Is spamming with an instrument bannable?

34 minutes ago, senki.1046 said:

Hello

Just wanted to ask, if someone spams with a bell the same buttons, is that bannable?

Thank you

As the last time the Mad King was present in Tryia saw at least one user going around with repeating chimes demanding a gold piece to stop, I suspect not. It really wouldn't make sense for ANet to provide things like instruments, aviator's boxes, portaling abilities, etc, then ban players for using them.

Not only can you disable music instruments in options, you can re-enable them just as easily once the problem has been solved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Honestly depends on the context. Like, are you just running around and screaming SHAME while ringing the bell?

Or are you doing this during a raid or whatnot? (I remember back in my WoW days of plenty of players been kicked and, if the problem continued, getting soft bans like 24 hours or whatnot.)

Overall, as others have stated, people can and probably already have, turned musical instruments off so you just look silly running around with the bell.
Also sauce on those that want to know where to look in the options if they wanna turn instruments of others off. I think "limited" means you have to be in a group/party with the person to hear the instrument but idk someone else know if that's what that means?

The sauce:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options#Sound_Options

Edited by miraude.2107

Spamming with an instrument should be reportable at the very least. Being able to turn off player instruments is a fantastic tool in options and I highly encourage its use as needed, but spam of any kind is probably not what devs intended, and it'd be easy for them to look at an action log and see an hour-long pattern of 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 in the middle of a hub city or event area with an instrument equipped. It's the same sort of thing with repeated emotes (though we don't yet have a way of shutting those off) which can currently be reported as chat spam.

As others have suggested, file a support ticket if you run into anyone spamming audio. Devs can decide on their own if they think there's a problem with what was being done. We'll probably never know if it's bannable - my guess would be no, but I don't know for sure.

• Confused 2

I still find that less annoying than a symphony of Dreamer legendaries neighing in a deranged stampede.  

Bannable, no.  Obnoxious and inconsiderate and in the world with troll boxes and portals, yep.  Lol I like the idea of teaching them some songs instead of the one key toddler playing.  Turn them all off, save your sanity.

• Like 3

Yep, lots of people actually do play them, it's quite fun to jam.

I'd say standing at the LA bank next to 2 guys leveling alts with tomes is a lot more irritating than anything anyone could do with an instrument.

also "VIOLETS NOT VIOLENCE!" every 20 seconds 😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

• 1 year later...

Thanks for info will turn that kitten off   there are people u cant even call them people come to world events and just spam this kitten bits not stop and u you ask them to spam these .... follow you.

Today I realized how degenerate some people in this game are Never seen anything like this in FF14.....

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tristan.5678 said:

Thanks for info will turn that kitten off   there are people u cant even call them people come to world events and just spam this kitten bits not stop and u you ask them to spam these .... follow you.

Today I realized how degenerate some people in this game are Never seen anything like this in FF14.....

These things are not comparable.

4 hours ago, Tristan.5678 said:

Yeah, imagine going from that Miqo'te band to this game. 

4 hours ago, Tristan.5678 said:

IDK.  People in FF14 seem to have this air of 'toxic positivity' about them and a sense of entitlement to other people's time. ("You don't pay MY sub!") So if you try to tell someone in FF14 that their performance is bad and should go practice rotations or farm easier content for intro-level gear to the content they're trying to play, you get suspended for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1