Taimi is supposed to be more and more sick, did they forget about it?

Aodlop.1907

Back in LSW4, I thought she wouldn't live through the whole season. Yet here we are. Could she at least start showing signs of physical weakness?

Maybe coughing uncontrollably while in the middle of speeches? Feinting at times? Passing out? Anything to show that's she actually sick, show don't tell, all that?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I agree. I hope her illness is at least brought up in EoD, especially if Taimi will be one of the Dragon's Watch members to go there with us (which I suspect will be the case, given her extensive knowledge/research on the elder dragons). It would also be a good place to seek out a cure/treatment, as there may be a something there that does not exist in Tyria or Elona that Taimi's not aware of and hasn't tried yet.

I also suspect that her extra dialogue in the EoTN may give some news on her illness when its further expanded on in closer updates.

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 1

Frankly I don't want there to be a treatment. It's already bad that Aurene survived her death. Things need to have consequences for us to be involved in the story and characters.

Besides, Taimi has been present in the story for so long, I'd say killing her off would have a great emotional impact on players, and it would allow the story to breathe a little, by introducing new characters.

I like her, but I hope she dies. She's supposed to have a terminal illness, so she should die.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

Yes, it was quite jarring to have nigh a reference to her — as far as S4 lead us to believe — rapidly progressing illness.

Taimi was absent from Icebrood Saga until Champions iirc. Either they didn’t have time to address it, forgot about it, or want to ignore that detail entirely. The studio showed they’re not afraid to outright ignore established plot points, so your guess is as good as mine.

Personally, I don’t want Taimi to die. If she does, that’s fine. I just want the studio to give it the attention it deserves. I want to actually see how it’s affecting her and limiting her, how she handles it, how we can support her. Tragic or happy ending, if you give a character a life-threatening degenerative disease, the character actually has to start degenerating at some point.

If there’s going to be a cure I feel like something needs to be lost in the process. To me, it feels like there should be a price side-stepping death. She transfers her consciousness into a golem, Aurene brands her to save her, or we go on a substantial journey with Taimi to gain a mythic cure that is earned after many trials. I just don’t want the solution to be easy. The story is chock full of easy, convenient, 11th hour solutions to world-ending problems. No more, please. Let the commander and the supporting cast earn their resolutions.

In the end, if Taimi bravely battles her disease and ultimately can’t overcome it? So be it. That’s a natural and sad part of life. You can give her a very poignant and meaningful end, and she can go out a hero (like Braham should have, imo, however forced the perspective).

And honestly, she could die and come back 10 minutes later as a ghost anyway lol. They’ve really nerfed the finality of death at this point, so maybe it’s all meaningless. /shrug

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Zola.6197 said:

If there’s going to be a cure I feel like something needs to be lost in the process. To me, it feels like there should be a price side-stepping death. She transfers her consciousness into a golem, Aurene brands her to save her, or we go on a substantial journey with Taimi to gain a mythic cure that is earned after many trials. I just don’t want the solution to be easy. The story is chock full of easy, convenient, 11th hour solutions to world-ending problems. No more, please. Let the commander and the supporting cast earn their resolutions.

True, I really hope they don't pull another Braham, who got out of being an elder dragon champion alive (already stretching believability) without any physical aftereffects whatsoever (?!?). I wouldn't be surprised if they do though, given the way previous protagonists have been handled.

Edited by Poormany.4507

Her illness is similar to Muscular Dystrophy. It doesn't have the effects you're expecting, it just slowly weakens the muscles until the person dies because internal organs like the heart are muscles too. She's already mostly wheelchair-bound (Scruffy).

Her decline will be very slow and very painful, but its not going to be Hollywood style.

She's already retired from Dragon's Watch, and been replaced by Gorrik, who is also taking care of her. All or Nothing and this season heavily hinted that they're involved.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Why would she get more sick? She's clearly juicing up on steroids. Once she was like half the height of my own Asura, now she literally towers over her. Taimi is huge. She's probably gonna be 0.8 Kasmeers next expansions.

I'd noticed that, and it sorta goes in line with something I've suspected but never quite bothered to verify: I think Asura females might be taller than the males.

Y’all, it’s because Taimi is growing up. 😂

It’s been like 6 or 7 years since we met her in game, hasn’t it?

I don’t remember how old she was when we met her, but I think she’s around 20 now. Though I guess you’d think her disease might stunt her growth somewhat.

Edited by Zola.6197
  • Like 5

Taimi : One of the greatest scientist of their time.

Also Taimi : Can't creat an exo-leg to stop limp  outside of her Robot.

One of the many weird thing in the story that make it impossible to get "in" or get sympaty for characters to me and many friends..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zola.6197 said:

Y’all, it’s because Taimi is growing up. 😂

It’s been like 6 or 7 years since we met her in game, hasn’t it?

I don’t remember how old she was when we met her, but I think she’s around 20 now. Though I guess you’d think her disease might stunt her growth somewhat.

According to the wiki Taimi was born in 1313.

We meet her in 1326, when she was 13 years old, and now shes like 21.

2 hours ago, Orack.9756 said:

Taimi : One of the greatest scientist of their time.

Also Taimi : Can't creat an exo-leg to stop limp  outside of her Robot.

One of the many weird thing in the story that make it impossible to get "in" or get sympaty for characters to me and many friends..

Creating an exo leg isn't going to solve her problem. An exo leg isn't going to help much when your muscles decay to the point that you can't move your leg at all, and I doubt shes really gun-ho about cutting off her own legs to replace them with robot ones. Assuming they even have that sort of brain-chip like tech for wholly artificial limbs.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509
  • Like 4

I hope she will pass on her illness to Braham and that he will die in excruciating pain

i don't want to leave guild wars 2 until i see this. almost 8 years putting up with the worst character I've seen in a video game

but yes I hope we will be rid of taimi too soon

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

You would think Aurene would be able to "brand" her and conserve her somehow. She may still walk with a limp but you'd think if she had a crystalline body she wouldn't have to worry about muscle decay.

Maybe she has a plan to transfer her consciousness or get branded but is holding out because she wants to have Gorrik's babies.

Imagine those hairless sharp-toothed little runs running around performing experiments on people. We'd never have another problem we couldn't solve with a few more of them running around.

• Haha 3

She actually made me dislike the living story the most, such an obnoxious , heavy-handed character design.

Kasmeer, Braham and others are definetely much easier to swallow, thus I would love Taimi to be brought down to their level or removed altogether.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Hard disagree with the lot of you that want Taimi to be killed off, I mean some of you people have serious issues with how vitriolic and blood thirsty you get with fictional characters.  I'd hate to see how you treat real people in real life.

self-righteous alert

we just can't stand having to put up with braham and taimi for 8 years. With bland, ridiculous, annoying dialogues and a totally non-existent development. It's still fictional characters so of course we want to get rid of them for good. And the best way to never see them again is when they die

And I, who couldn't stand kormir in guild wars 1 if I had known what we should endure in gw2 ...

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

self-righteous alert

we just can't stand having to put up with braham and taimi for 8 years. With bland, ridiculous, annoying dialogues and a totally non-existent development. It's still fictional characters so of course we want to get rid of them for good. And the best way to never see them again is when they die

And I, who couldn't stand kormir in guild wars 1 if I had known what we should endure in gw2 ...

And you're selfish.  You speak of "we" and "us" as if you represent a majority opinion when you can't know for sure, however I do know that there are a plurality of people that do like characters like Taimi, but you're so self-absorbed and petty that you'd take away characters that those and other people like just because you're easily annoyed.

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

And you're selfish.  You speak of "we" and "us" as if you represent a majority opinion when you can't know for sure, however I do know that there are a plurality of people that do like characters like Taimi, but you're so self-absorbed and petty that you'd take away characters that those and other people like just because you're easily annoyed.

I express my opinion, this is the purpose of the forum.

I would like to see them die yes, I'm just giving my opinion and you come to tell us that we are bad people just for that ....

it's you who attacks us by judging us and not the other way around.

when I speak of '' we '' and ''us'', I obviously mean those who think like me on this subject

For taimi i don't know but braham's death is requested all over this forum and reddit for years, he's one of the most hated characters in the franchise and with good reason

Edited by radda.8920
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I've grown indifferent to 100% of Dragon's Watch, so I don't think I'd care either way.

But from a narrative quality perspective, yes, I do think Anet shouldn't neglect Taimi's supposedly rapidly deteriorating condition. If she absolutely must be preserved as a speaking character, we have Blish-ification as the obvious answer.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

I would like to see them die yes, I'm just giving my opinion and you come to tell us that we are bad people just for that ....

when I speak of '' we '' and ''us'', I obviously mean those who think like me on this subject

For taimi i don't know but braham's death is requested all over this forum and reddit for years, he's one of the most hated characters in the franchise and with good reason

Well, most players aren't in the forums, and WE like Taimi, so don't kill her off pls

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pax.3548 said:

Well, most players aren't in the forums, and WE like Taimi, so don't kill her off pls

there is a fair amount of commentary on reedit, not just here and most guild wars lore fans express themselves on the internet

afterwards I respect your opinion but I maintain that I want to see her dead and buried as soon as possible

Edited by radda.8920
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

Braham got so much more hate than Taimi on both forums and Reddit imo with many more posts being made explicitly requesting his death or him otherwise exiting the story, and he didn't die (even though a lot of people were expecting him to and it would have made sense storywise at the end of Champions). If Anet didn't kill him off, I doubt they'll kill Taimi either (I'm guessing she'll be made into a golem, get Aurene branded, or some other partial workaround found in Cantha).

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

there is a fair amount of commentary on reedit, not just here and most guild wars lore fans express themselves on the internet

afterwards I respect your opinion but I maintain that I want to see her dead and buried as soon as possible

I repeat myself, of the thousands of thousands of players, few are active on the forums, and I respecto your opinion, but "we" want her alive and well

Edited by Pax.3548
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1