So I hope we can assume that pretty soon, after like 9 years, people will be able to realistically obtain Sunless weapons?

Generally the drops from the worm and from Tequatle and other stuff ... I hate such absolute RNG things that you can not even buy in the AH, if you would like to have them. You can play for years and drop nothing, or like the two ... peeps up there, have luck and then be so smart to think that all have so much luck and therefore no change is necessary...

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

???? i have most of them and don't even participate. Mostly i just stand around and tag here and there.

RNGesus must be really mad with you.

Beside that, those skins are not really appealing to the eye

8 years and no Teq skin for me either. This event needs to be updated for some kind of mercy system. My daughter doesn't really do this event much and got one in her first month! My eight year old is favored by RNG so I guess I'll have to let her play my account a few times 🤣 She knows I want it too. Rubs it in every now and then 😒

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, sorudo.9054 said:

precursors are exactly the same, 9 years and absolutely no drop, some newbe with a new accound and hello first precursor.

Precursors have now a crafting option, and even before it were at least buyable off TP. Tequatl boxes however have exactly zero ways to circumvent being unlucky (or just having average luck - because average luck is also not enough in this case).

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, SevlisBavles.3059 said:

I've killed Tequatl for like 8 years. Nothing. I'm not even remotely the only one. Please let merit or time investment play a role in the acquisition of Tequatl's Hoard.

8 hours ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

???? i have most of them and don't even participate. Mostly i just stand around and tag here and there.

RNGesus must be really mad with you.

Beside that, those skins are not really appealing to the eye

I'm quoting both of you so I have both of your attention: what are your respective Magic find stats?

I feel like there's been places I've been noticing MF having an impact that aren't mentioned on the website and I'm curious if I can find better empirical evidence than simple anecdotes I experienced when there's been random community MF buffs.

• Confused 4

47 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

I don’t believe that having a certain number of years elapsed necessarily means there are needed adjustments (or additions) to the way to acquire something that was intended as a low RNG drop in the first place. 

I think the argument is that RNG should never be the sole acquisition method for anything.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

I think the argument is that RNG should never be the sole acquisition method for anything.

It exists to prolong player participation.  Let’s assume that when Teq was revamped a token system was added on top of the RNG drop. That token system would have allowed players to have all of the weapon skins within 5 years. Out of all of those players that farmed the tokens, how many do you honestly expect to keep doing Teq after they have the skins?

RNG drops have been a thing in MMOs and numerous other types of games. I know that Anet designed the game around the hyper casual player base but that doesn’t necessarily mean that some drops cannot exist solely as RNG drops. Especially if said drops are pretty much just cosmetic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

I'm quoting both of you so I have both of your attention: what are your respective Magic find stats?

I feel like there's been places I've been noticing MF having an impact that aren't mentioned on the website and I'm curious if I can find better empirical evidence than simple anecdotes I experienced when there's been random community MF buffs.

I have a 330% magic find.

But i also found those weapons right when i started doing Tequatl early in my career

I got Tequatl's Hoard about two months into doing the event maybe five times a week. It was a bit of a slog. I occasionally think aboit reskinning one of my swords but I also have various SAB weapons to show off, which actually required skill to obtain. I'd pack it in OP, there's plenty of better skins out there with more prestige.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

It exists to prolong player participation.  Let’s assume that when Teq was revamped a token system was added on top of the RNG drop. That token system would have allowed players to have all of the weapon skins within 5 years. Out of all of those players that farmed the tokens, how many do you honestly expect to keep doing Teq after they have the skins?

RNG drops have been a thing in MMOs and numerous other types of games. I know that Anet designed the game around the hyper casual player base but that doesn’t necessarily mean that some drops cannot exist solely as RNG drops. Especially if said drops are pretty much just cosmetic. 

I envy people who kill Teq every day for years without dropping anything, or dropping only a few things and not getting frustrated...

I just doubt that most people do teq for these things. I mean, why do people do the other world bosses that offer absolutely no good loot and not even something special like the worm or Teq?
Sure there are people who do that. But I doubt that a collection or so would ensure that Teq is run less.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

I envy people who kill Teq every day for years without dropping anything, or dropping only a few things and not getting frustrated...

I just doubt that most people do teq for these things. I mean, why do people do the other world bosses that offer absolutely no good loot and not even something special like the worm or Teq?
Sure there are people who do that. But I doubt that a collection or so would ensure that Teq is run less.

That would be up for Anet to determine as they have access to the data. Considering that this has been requested for many years, and that we still don’t have it, it’s clear that they don’t find it as a pressing issue over other things at the very least. 

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

That would be up for Anet to determine as they have access to the data. Considering that this has been requested for many years, and that we still don’t have it, it’s clear that they don’t find it as a pressing issue over other things at the very least. 

For this answer, your answer up there sounds very factual though:
"It exists to prolong player participation."

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

I can only speak for me. I just want something like the "Mercy Achieves" other items have like the gift of Aurene. Impossible to get more than one skin that way as it is a one time achievement. But those of us wanting it and trying for years could have one skin from the set. I cannot accept that eight years of trying with no success and zero skins is a good system. Pure RNG is a practice that needs to die out. Super rare drops and getting people to repeat content is achievable without it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2