Legendary Andies, hold on to your asc gear until the eod reveal.

Just because you never know what anet has in mind for that gear. For all we know they could be working on an asc gear sink or smth and id spare ppl from salavaging all the asc before that is revealed and myself from having to see all the "pls compensate me" posts.

Who knows they might be working on heroes and because for legendary users asc is less valueable they could have it be used to gear them /shrug

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

8 hours ago, zealex.9410 said:

Just because you never know what anet has in mind for that gear. For all we know they could be working on an asc gear sink or smth

My bank is already flooded with spare ascended gear (weapons, trinkets, some armor, many chests), I wouldn't know where to store all the stuff that is currently equipped on my many characters (as all are fully ascended if not legendary).

There is no way for me to hold on to all that until the release of EoD. Still, it would be nice if the devs could let us know whether there will be something added in that regard.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

My bank is already flooded with spare ascended gear (weapons, trinkets, some armor, many chests), I wouldn't know where to store all the stuff that is currently equipped on my many characters (as all are fully ascended if not legendary).

There is no way for me to hold on to all that until the release of EoD. Still, it would be nice if the devs could let us know whether there will be something added in that regard.

Until thw 27th i mean, if they have something in store is likely they will reveal it then, 2 weeks.

If Anet was planning something like this I think they should have said when they announced the armoury because they will know a lot of players will get rid of ascended items which can now be replaced by legendaries. Considering they haven't said anything I think it's reasonable for players to continue on the assumption that nothing is changing with ascended and they should decide what to do with it based on the information currently available.

This is a non-issue for me because I only have 3 legendary weapons and the only one where I also have ascended weapons of the same type is a dagger, so I'll be keeping the ascended ones for times when I want double daggers. But I don't think I'd hold onto a bunch of ascended stuff just in case it gets another use sometime in the future.

I am planning to make a legendary backpack specifically so I can get rid of all the exotic and ascended ones I'm keeping, but that will take me a long time and since the point is to free up space I'm not going to hold onto the ones I don't need any more hoping they eventually have another use.

10 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

Its some wow term Asmongold uses and i only know about it because i watch him sometimes.

Any idea what it means in this context?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, zealex.9410 said:

id spare ... myself from having to see all the "pls compensate me" posts.

So you prefer all the "I have no storage space because every inventory is full of useless essences of luck bloodstone dust ascended chests" posts? 😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Any idea what it means in this context?

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/andy-slang

Originated from this. Nowadays the meaning changed a bit and it‘s not only used to describe streamers, but everyone with a certain attribute or doing something.

React Andies = Streamers that do react content

Streamsniping Andies = People that streamsnipe

Legendary Andies = People that have legendaries (I guess that‘s what OP is going for using Twitch lingo to sound hip?)

So basically it‘s used as an unnecessary umbrella term for comedic value.

There‘s also been some variations, e.g. „Normans“ used for people not into / new to the Twitch community or coming from the Youtube community (often used in the xQc community). Pretty much a derivative of the term „Normie“.

Edited by Raknar.4735
  • Thanks 1

I don't have enough legendary gear to get rid of ascended yet -- and I have 10 weapons (including duplicate Quips). So I'll get rid of some Exotics that I've been holding onto, but no ascended yet. Long term I plan to keep adding to my legendary collection, so I'll get there eventually.

11 minutes ago, Heibi.4251 said:

Still. Always better to use plain English rather than a stupid meme term or urban dictionary term.

"Players who own legendaries, keep your ascended equipment until after ANET's End of Dragons reveal on the 27th."

English is ever-evolving. New generations will come up with new words and new definitions. Age-group specific slang will always exists. Words like "yeet" will be used more and more and have been included into the cambridge dictionary.

It's not really your place to tell others what language they should or are allowed to use.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

Thanks for the explanation. 🙂

21 minutes ago, Raknar.4735 said:

English is ever-evolving. New generations will come up with new words and new definitions. Age-group specific slang will always exists. Words like "yeet" will be used more and more and have been included into the cambridge dictionary.

It's not really your place to tell others what language they should or are allowed to use.

Language does evolve over time, and that can and should be reflected in the way people use it, especially in informal settings like internet forums. But I think that needs to be balanced against an awareness that an internet forum includes a wide range of people from different backgrounds, age groups etc. including non-native English speakers with varying levels of proficiency and they're not all going to know the same slang terms, especially relatively new ones.

After all the point of language is to make yourself understood, if a large chunk of your audience has no idea what you're going on about then it's failing at it's basic purpose.

I try to avoid using too much British slang or cultural references online for exactly that reason (like saying "it seems rushed" instead of "bit of a bodge job"), sometimes I'll deliberately choose to use an American term instead (like truck instead of lorry) because I know it's more likely to be understood by an international audience.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Language does evolve over time, and that can and should be reflected in the way people use it, especially in informal settings like internet forums. But I think that needs to be balanced against an awareness that an internet forum includes a wide range of people from different backgrounds, age groups etc. including non-native English speakers with varying levels of proficiency and they're not all going to know the same slang terms, especially relatively new ones.

After all the point of language is to make yourself understood, if a large chunk of your audience has no idea what you're going on about then it's failing at it's basic purpose.

I try to avoid using too much British slang or cultural references online for exactly that reason (like saying "it seems rushed" instead of "bit of a bodge job"), sometimes I'll deliberately choose to use an American term instead (like truck instead of lorry) because I know it's more likely to be understood by an international audience.

I fully agree, hence why I called the usage of "-Andies" as unnecessary here, as the GW2 forum community doesn't have a strong link to the Twitch community, apart from a few exceptions.

I'm just against the generalization that "plain English" is always better and that new generational words are just some "stupid meme" or "urban dictionary"-term, when words like "yeet" are here to stay.

Abbreviations like DPS, Tanks or other game related terms aren't part of plain English, I'll still continue to use them here, though.

Edit: It's just sad to see people completely shut down new words, instead of trying to understand them.

Huge props to you for being open-minded about it and trying to understand OP's slang, as you looked for a definition instead of shutting it down.

Edited by Raknar.4735

17 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Thanks for the explanation. 🙂

Thanks for shinning a torch on the matter.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

So you prefer all the "I have no storage space because every inventory is full of useless essences of luck bloodstone dust ascended chests" posts? 😉

Its free to delete them and cost change to salvage it, its much more time consuming to refarm asc if they come with some new systek that uses it in 2 weeks.

31 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Not being 'hip', I guess, what is 'yeet'?  Is that some form of 'leet'?

For pete's sake. 

As I understand it 'yeet' means to throw forcefully, and is often used in a kind of cheerfully annoyed way. It can be used literally, if an enemy in GW2 knocks you off a platform you might say "it yeeted me right off the cliff!" or just as emphasis, like if a date is going badly you could say "after he said that I yeeted myself out of there!" meaning you just had to leave as quickly as possible.

Now, who is this Pete you speak of? 😄

• Like 2

At least Yeet is a pretty intuitive term in context even if you don't know what that means. For example, "that guy got yeeted out of there" probably implies some degree of being rekt. From that you can guess that you would not want to be subjected to being yeeted.

Andies though? What the hell.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I've actually taken the advice to heart and have the 200+ pieces of ascended gear stored on my characters for now. Thanks for the heads-up. :classic_smile:

Now, do you guys truly believe there will be something added to the game that will give us new options for this gear? I mean, if I had to salvage it all, that would cost me a fortune of certain currencies - it would be more profitable to sell it to a merchant (many pieces are worth 1+ Gold).

An endless Gem Store salvage item would be a great idea! 👍