Different Outfits, Gliders & Mounts per Equipment Template [Merged]

Dear Arenanet,

Please let us have different Outfits, Gliders and Mounts for every Equipment Template.

Also make hide / unhide bound to a single template and not the complete Charakter.

This would be a great addition to fashion wars!

Tell me what u think about this, its time to make fashion wars even greater! :D

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Right now I try to keep a similar theme between my armor and other things, but it's hard to do with all these cool looking pieces that I can now use! I could end up using different mounts and gliders, just like I can now with armor, if they managed to pull this off.

I like the idea, but for it to be useful to me I'd also need the dyes to be different on each template.

Whenever I change mounts or outfits I also have to re-do the dyes because even if I want to keep the same colour scheme the exact combination of dyes doesn't look right so I need to rearrange them or swap some out (for example I might have been using a light dye for the base of a raptors spikes, but now that dye channel is on a glowing effect and I want a very dark one to minimise the glow). It already puts me off buying more mounts or outfits because it's annoying to swap them when I have to change the dyes so I don't want to do it too often.

If I could apply different mounts, outfits and gliders to each template that would be nice (I was thinking yesterday that it seems strange that gliders don't use the wardrobe tab) but if they're all using the same dyes then I wouldn't use it, I'd just keep the same ones for each template.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:

Not for the same armor pieces 🙂 What I mean is, being able to have different skins per template in cases where the armor is the same for those templates. 

We can you just have to get legendaries.

Edited by Linken.6345

On 7/14/2021 at 12:28 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

I like the idea, but for it to be useful to me I'd also need the dyes to be different on each template.

Definitely. The ability to have different skins on each tab is heavily restricted if the dyes remain the same. That is, btw, still one of the things that limits the usefulness of Legendary Armory.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I really love the head of Mursaat Robes Outfit.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/9degR

But the rest of this outfit is pretty weird to my class. Mainly the shoulders. (Imo). I really wish I could just wear the head of this outfit (painted black, of course). Everything else I would look for something more suited to thief. Yes, I know this Outfit is themed and is based on a GW2 character from an event that started in 2017.

But just like it happened to the shoulders of "Braham's Wolfblood Outfit", plz Anet , can you guys give us more pieces from the already existing Outfits separately?
Depending on the piece (with the head of Mursaat Robes) I would pay between 400 Gems to 700 Gems easy easy...

p.s: English is not my first lenguage, sorry about something.

Edited by hatozeni.5721
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

There are some outfit "parts" that are sold as skins with more than one body part in a set...  I'd like to see more of them too, to be honest. 

In my case it's especially because you can't save separate dye choices for all your different outfits across all your characters, which is frustrating to say the least.  But yes I would like to mix and match more pieces, also.

700 gems though?  That is the cost of many new whole outfits, so it ought to be more than one part at that price imo.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, XiraMint.3162 said:

700 gems though?  That is the cost of many new whole outfits, so it ought to be more than one part at that price imo.

Yes, I said 400 to 700. But it would be really weird for one piece to cost the same as the entire outfit. (Although for just having the head of Mursaat Robes I would pay 700 if Anet put this price, lol).
Another thing we could have is the "hide shoulders" and "hide helmet" option. Many players like an outfit but don't want anything on their heads. In my case I find 90% of the outfits' shoulders terribly oversized.

Edited by hatozeni.5721
  • Like 1

• hatozeni.5721 changed the title to Dear Anet, Can we have more "only piece" outfits, plz?
1 hour ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

I hate outfits tbh, if they want to sell stuff then sell armor pieces or mix and match skins. Outfits say..hey look at me i dont know how to put together a look, so I garanimal it. 

This was not what the playerbased asked for. The playerbase on the whole didn't want armor to be something you bought in the gem store. They wanted to earn armor in game.  The idea that everything can just be bought is a bad look for any MMO. So the compromise was that Anet would put some individual pieces like gloves. shoulders and boots in the gem store, but outfits were generally reserved for the gem store and armor sets are generally reserved for in game.

Especially now with how good some weapons look in the gem store, I think it would be a mistake to add full armor sets there.

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

I hate outfits tbh, if they want to sell stuff then sell armor pieces or mix and match skins. Outfits say..hey look at me i dont know how to put together a look, so I garanimal it. 

That's a very narrow minded view and misses some obvious use cases. I level a character every week and I don't want to stop every ten minutes to check my "look". Using an outfit means I can quickly equip any improved armour pieces I find without having to worry about re-skinning or re-dying them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/26/2021 at 11:12 PM, Vayne.8563 said:

This was not what the playerbased asked for. The playerbase on the whole didn't want armor to be something you bought in the gem store. They wanted to earn armor in game.  The idea that everything can just be bought is a bad look for any MMO. So the compromise was that Anet would put some individual pieces like gloves. shoulders and boots in the gem store, but outfits were generally reserved for the gem store and armor sets are generally reserved for in game.

Especially now with how good some weapons look in the gem store, I think it would be a mistake to add full armor sets there.

Okay maybe I didnt make clear what I mean, when I say armor I mean no stat skins. chest legs gloves shoulders boots ect, sold individually so you can mix it up and get what you like. I dont mean armor with stats, that would be pay to win, and earning that kind of stuff ingame makes for a much better game overall. 

• Sad 1